Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,968 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela (2211 Views)

Snake Withdraws Cash At Barclays Bank ATM In Harare, Zimbabwe (pictures) / Women Go On Mini Skirt March In Harare Zimbabwe To Protest Sexual Harassment (PH / Aregbesola's Victory Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by flexshop(m): 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
Is this man mad? Robert Mugabe, what a speech AT A PUBLIC RALLY in Harare!!!!!! He was attacking Mandela at a victory party in the Zimbabwe capital - "Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe blasted Nelson Mandela as a "coward" and "idiot" during a rally today to celebrate Mugabe's record seventh term in office following his victory in the country's disputed elections last week.

In one of his trademark fiery speeches, the 89-year-old Mugabe -- who has led the southern African country since 1980 -- claimed that he should be hailed as an African hero instead of Mandela, the anti-apartheid icon and former president of neighboring South Africa.

"My huge victory in these elections prove I am the greatest leader in the history of Africa," Mugabe told supporters in Zimbabwe's capital, Harare. "I have spent my whole life fighting for the Zimbabwean people and they continue to elect me."

Mugabe tightened his iron grip on power in last week's elections after he received 61 percent of the vote while his ZANU-PF party won a two-thirds majority in parliament, though there are allegations of widespread fraud and violence against the opposition.

"I am the greatest African who has ever lived," Mugabe said. "The world should love me more than the idiot Nelson Mandela. F**k Nelson Mandela. As I waged war against colonialism, that coward sat on his ass in prison for 27 years. He's a coward.

"I have been leader for 33 years. Mandela was president for five years. What kind of idiot gives up political power? Great leaders like me know how to stay in power.

"While Mandela sits comfortably in a hospital, I stand before you fit and healthy, ready to lead this country and the Zimbabwean people for at least another 25 years," Mugabe added, referring to the 95-year-old Mandela's ongoing treatment for a lung condition.

Mugabe also mocked South Africa's multicultural "rainbow nation" in his speech, claiming that Mandela didn't care about the interests of black Africans.

"There is only one color allowed in Zimbabwe, and it is black," he said. "I banned the color white in my country. Nelson Mandela told all the white people to stay in his ridiculous rainbow nation. He should have thrown all of the whites out of his country like I did. South Africa would be so much better off."
Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by flexshop(m): 2:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by Mrhod: 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2013
Old age has taking away dis man sense of reasoning, let's not compare but leader, because they are incomparable.
Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by Queendo(f): 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
From his speech,its oblivious he is havin some mental imbalance. If he were to be in prison wil he be able to continue d fight as Mandela did. Old age has got up very fast wit Mugabe.
Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
Is Alomo sold in Zimbabwe?

1 Like

Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by TonySpike: 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2013
I have met intelligent Zimbabweans, this man is not one of them...
Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by mickyarams: 6:12pm On Aug 07, 2013
And what exactly was Mugabe's crimes? Taking back stolen farm land from white settlers and giving them back to the indigenous people and because of this the West imposed a huge sanction on farm produce from Zimbabwe which destroyed the economy of that country. Can you imagine black settlers in Europe owning over 90percent of farmland there, it will never be allowed to happen. The West like puppets like our gej that allows them to come into the country and take what ever they want without paying the correct taxes. Just look at what happened to countries like Libya and Egypt after the west were allowed to do whatever ever they wanted there. Just look at South Africa, blacks killing themselves just to get a quarter of what their fellow white citizens has got.

2 Likes

Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by snowblack: 6:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
With all due respect to Mandela, Mugabe has backed up his talk with action.

www.gistinz.com

2 Likes

Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by Juell(m): 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by flexshop(m): 7:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
Robert mugabe succeeded in ravaging a country he supposedly emancipated from white colonization. Since 1980, he has continued to send zimbabwean economy to the dogs. A loaf of bread costs 100billion zimbabwean dollar. The man will go to his office in wheel chair
Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by Maidoki14(m): 8:10pm On Aug 07, 2013
Hmmm.alomo at wrk
Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by joa2013: 8:20pm On Aug 07, 2013
Maidoki14: Hmmm.alomo at wrk
plus jedi and opa eyin my broda
Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by Horus(m): 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by babadem2much(m): 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
Let me start with all Zimbabweans are fools including mugabe bt 1 tin is d brand of ALOMO dat sir!!!! sold in dat con3 is working with high gear
Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by flexshop(m): 8:59pm On Aug 07, 2013
babadem2much: Let me start with all Zimbabweans are fools including mugabe bt 1 tin is d brand of ALOMO dat sir!!!! sold in dat con3 is working with high gear

hehehehehehe,
i still dont understand why some people find a rational for his leadership style.
why cant that man leave power and let credible people take over.
africans and their oppressive mentality
Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by otokx(m): 10:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
If Zimbabweans voted the guy in for another term, what really is the fuss? He is entitled to his opinion about mandela.
Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by DonaldGenes(m): 10:12pm On Aug 07, 2013
what an unrepentant Raving mad man spanning over 35 years.. i pity the helpless masses
Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by mrking3(m): 12:43am On Aug 08, 2013
this man should leave mandela alone please!what exacctly is his problem?
Re: Robert Mugabes Victory Speech In Harare- Lashes Out At Nelson Mandela by flexshop(m): 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2013
otokx: If Zimbabweans voted the guy in for another term, what really is the fuss? He is entitled to his opinion about mandela.

how sure are you that the elections were free and fair?

(1) (Reply)

Feyi Agagu Survives Plane Crash / Between Gowon And Adekunle,who Committed More Crimes Against The Biafrans? / The Most Popular Name On N L Right Now!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.