Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

23 Funny Facts About Romance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 23 Funny Facts About Romance (2753 Views)

7 Logical Facts About Romance Section. ( Just For Fun). / 10 Things You Should Know About Romance Section / The World Will Come To An End In May 2011. Why Are We Worried About Romance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

23 Funny Facts About Romance by xynerise: 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2013
23 Romance Facts

1. The left ear is more responsive to words of love and emotion whispered into it than the right.

2. Speed dating was invented by a Rabbi in 1999.

3. The average person will go on a date at least 100 times before they finally marry.

4. Every year around 1 billion Valentine cards are sent. After Christmas it's a single largest seasonal card-sending occasion.

5. In Finland, Valentine's Day is called "Ystävänpäivä" which translates into "Friend's day".

6. In Korea, if you do not receive any gift on Valentine's day then all the singles go to Korean restaurants and eat black noodles to celebrate (or mourn) their single status.

7. 40% of people who are rejected in romantic love slip into clinical depression.

8. It's possible to die from a broken heart; it's called Stress Cardiomyopathy.

9. Close to 110 million roses (mostly red) will be purchased and delivered around Valentine's Day in the U.S.

10. Approximately 141 million Valentine's Day cards are exchanged worldwide every
year.

11. Studies show that the risk of a “secret love” being revealed heightens romantic feelings for the partners, thanks to increased levels of phenylethylamine (PEA).

12. The average person in their lifetime will spend an estimated 20,160 minutes kissing!

13. People are more likely to tilt their heads to the right when kissing instead of the left (65 percent of people go to the right!)

14. Brain scans show that people who view photos of a beloved experience an activation of the caudate - the part of the brain involving cravings.

15. Historically, sweat has been an active ingredient in perfume and love potions.

16. One in five long-term love relationships began with one or both partners being involved with others.

17. When someone looks at a new love, the neural circuits that are usually associated with social judgment are suppressed.

18. Couples' personalities converge over time to make partners more and more similar.

19. Men who kiss their wives in the morning live five years longer than those who don't.

20. 'X' became symbolic for a kiss because in the middle ages when alot of people were illiterate and they used to sign documents with an X and then kiss it for sincerity.

21. In medieval Italy, if a man was caught kissing a woman in public, he had to marry her whether he liked it or not.

22. 8 out of 10 people think that the first kiss indicates how the rest of the relationship will be.

23. Twenty nine percent of women spend more time shopping for shoes than they do looking for a life long mate.

www.funfactz.com/tags/romance

1 Like

Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
Number 3 is a bloody lie.
Number 7? God forbid? I am celebrating bachelorhood everyday and only God knows till when.
Number 8 should be true. After all, study shows that elephants and whales could die from broken heart.
Number 11? Hmmhmm.
Lol@number 12. Could that be real?
Definitely@number 16.
Hahahaha. Number 19 is damn hilarious. I would kiss my spouse in future 20 times a day grin smiley
23 sounds crazy!
Where the hell did you get this list? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
And Op, want to hear your view on this article.... wink
Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by xynerise: 3:29pm On Aug 07, 2013
idnoble135: Number 3 is a bloody lie.
Number 7? God forbid? I am celebrating bachelorhood everyday and only God knows till when.
Number 8 should be true. After all, study shows that elephants and whales could die from broken heart.
Number 11? Hmmhmm.
Lol@number 12. Could that be real?
Definitely@number 16.
Hahahaha. Number 19 is damn hilarious. I would kiss my spouse in future 20 times a day grin smiley
23 sounds crazy!
Where the hell did you get this list? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
And Op, want to hear your view on this article.... wink
My view is the title of the thread tongue

1 Like

Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by demelza: 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
xynerise: 23 Romance Facts

21. In medieval Italy, if a man was caught kissing a woman in public, he had to marry her whether he liked it or not.

Assuming this practice held on till today, Naija guys and their wayward lips for hear am.
Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by crystalballs: 3:32pm On Aug 07, 2013
If one is to go by all the rules, do's and dont's, belief and disbelief posted on NL.
I bet one would have seconds left to achieve meaninful things in life.
Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 07, 2013
xynerise:
My view is the title of the thread tongue
hope you kiss your wife every morning? grin
Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by fulli16(m): 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2013
xynerise: 23 Romance Facts

8. It's possible to die from a broken heart; it's called Stress Cardiomyopathy.

now u must be joking!!! grin
Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
People who make use of their left hand while writing, eating, e.t.c; tilt their head to the left when they wanna kiss.
Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 07, 2013
It's really funny.... isn't it?
Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by xynerise: 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
idnoble135:
hope you kiss your wife every morning? grin
More than a kiss
Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2013
lipsrsealed
xynerise:
More than a kiss
every morning? Thats romantic... cheesy
Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2013
Weird facts!
Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by yuzedo: 5:38pm On Aug 07, 2013
soooooooo how can dis infomation help me to link a romantick punny in live?! angry undecided
Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 07, 2013
Papa Anderson, no be everything U see for Facebook u go Copy come paste for NL angry
Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by demelza: 5:42pm On Aug 07, 2013
yuzedo: soooooooo how can dis infomation help me to link a romantick punny in live?! angry undecided
Is Rita Dominic own not enough??
#cheater
Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by xynerise: 8:52pm On Aug 07, 2013
El Guapo: Papa Anderson, no be everything U see for Facebook u go Copy come paste for NL angry
What is facebook? undecided

1 Like

Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
Face book is another name for toothbrush grin
Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
*yawns* sooooooooo
Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by HezronLorraine(m): 9:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
100 dates b4 getting married.and I haven't gone on any.
Omo,dt one na ogun aye oh.

1 Like

Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
This antelope man don dey old. Wetin be dis shocked undecided tongue
Re: 23 Funny Facts About Romance by xynerise: 12:21am On Aug 08, 2013
alutacontinua: This antelope man don dey old. Wetin be dis shocked undecided tongue
Wetin? Abeg go play

(1) (Reply)

Should I Accept Her Back Or Not? / Why Men Can't Do Without Sex, Relationship & Women / Dedicate A Song To Your Val

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.