Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:56 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary (4988 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Changes Profile Picture To Jonathan, Cover Photo To Osinbajo / Patience Jonathan - I Didnt Undergo Any Surgery / Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by NicolasN: 4:30pm On Aug 07, 2013
“It is only God that can help me to change things. Pray for me now that I am the sitting president of your country. Pray for me not to deviate from the fear of God,”.
These were the words of the president, Jonathan Goodluck when he besieged the Lagos/Ibadan Expressway Church of the respected man of God, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye for special prayers.
There is no doubt that many believe that what transpired between the clergy man and the number one citizen of Nigeria definitely transcends prayer alone as we learnt they have a solid relationship that cannot shake.
A reason given on why Pastor Enoch Adeboye of Redeemed Christian Church of God has always be in support of President Goodluck Jonathan or has the habit of keeping mute on any national issue that concerns President Jonathan.
Sources close to the church have revealed to us that the relationship between Adeboye and Jonathan is more like a father and a very loved son; so it’s difficult to see wrongs in a favoured son, said our source.
The very popular Pastor whose influence cuts across all boards of government especially in the southwest and beyond has over the years enjoyed good patronage from both state and federal governments using him to score political points in the process and win the support of his thousands of members scattered all over the country. The story reaching us has it that, Pastor Adeboye has been made an unofficial spiritual leader of Nigeria from the Southwest and as such he has been placed on regular income. Though some may argue that the man of God is not a direct beneficiary of such fund but the fact still remains that it was actually because of the soft spoken pastor that such funds are made available. Another source in the church informed us that even if such should come from the presidency, it must be for the service of the church and not for the highly revered Adeboye.
Be it as it may, we gathered further that the regular income episode, we learnt was facilitated by a top Special Adviser to the President from the southwest who is also a member of the church . Though the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) which is the body that represents interest of Christians in the country also gets support for the organization from the government but Pastor Adeboye’s income was according to information a special packaged that the federal government gives to some spiritual leaders perceived to be supporting them.
We gathered this money has been made regular since President Goodluck assumed office.
Meanwhile, it is also learnt that Pastor Adeboye pays all the pastors in the Redeemed fold. Our source who is also a worker in the vineyard of God told us that the pastor is a respecter of the labour law that stipulates 18,000 naira as minimum wage for workers. The man of God has pegged his pastor’s monthly salary to be N70, 000. Every other month Pastor Adeboye pays out millions of naira as salaries to the pastors of Redeemed Church that has its tentacles spread all over the world.

-Global excellence

http://famouspeoplenews./
http://globalexcellenceonline.com/pastor-adeboye-receives-salary-from-presidency-insider-revealed/

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
Very silly report!!!

Fresh Air 2015
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by owolabifunke14(f): 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
Sincere 9gerlan: Very silly report!!!

Fresh Air 2015
Are u sure?

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
let me confirm from google b4 makin my comment
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by Chanchit: 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
If this news is true, then I think those pastors should be paid, cos if they dnt pay them, then pastors would have no choice than to steal the money, cos some would still steal even when being paid 500k. Cos they make money mhen.

But Oga GEJ, I knw my vote is as useless as the "P" in psycho, the only thing that can make me vote for you is if I get a US visa from you, so I can run before you finish Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 07, 2013

Fresh Fart 2015
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by Goddex: 5:09pm On Aug 07, 2013
Misleading topic,
mischievous junk from one of several of those APC liers.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by nedu2000(m): 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2013
Chanchit: If this news is true, then I think those pastors should be paid, cos if they dnt pay them, then pastors would have no choice than to steal the money, cos some would still steal even when being paid 500k. Cos they make money mhen.

But Oga GEJ, I knw my vote is as useless as the "P" in psycho, the only thing that can make me vote for you is if I get a US visa from you, so I can run before you finish Nigeria.
if pastors are to be paid salaries then they should pay tax as well
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 07, 2013

OMG, "a source anonymously made us gather that alleged revealing exposed secret funding."
I hate this kind of journalism. If you don't have concrete evidence stop alleging.

2 Likes

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by calddon(m): 6:12pm On Aug 07, 2013
“YOU received free, give free.” ( Matthew
10:8 ) Jesus issued that instruction to his
apostles when he sent them forth to preach the
good news. Did the apostles obey this
directive? Yes, and they continued to do so
even after Jesus departed from the earth.
For instance, when the former sorcerer Simon
saw the miraculous powers possessed by the
apostles Peter and John, he offered to pay
them to impart that power to him. But Peter
rebuked Simon, saying: “May your silver perish
with you, because you thought through money
to get possession of the free gift of God.”— Acts
8:18-20 .
The apostle Paul displayed a spirit similar to
Peter’s. Paul could have allowed himself to be a
financial burden to his Christian brothers in
Corinth. However, he worked with his own
hands to support himself. (Acts 18:1-3 ) Thus, he
could say with confidence that he had preached
the good news to the Corinthians “without
cost.”— 1 Corinthians 4:12; 9:18 .
Sad to say, many who claim to be followers
of Christ have not shown the same willingness
to “give free.” Indeed, many of the religious
leaders in Christendom will “instruct just for a
price.” (Micah 3:11 ) Some religious leaders have
even become wealthy from money collected from
their flocks. In 1989, one U.S. evangelist was
sentenced to a jail term of 45 years. The
reason? He had been “defrauding supporters of
millions of dollars and using some of the money
to buy homes, cars, holidays and even an air-
conditioned dog kennel.”— People’s Daily
Graphic, October 7, 1989.

people shine ur eye abi unu na mu amu?

1 Like

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 07, 2013

Fresh Air 2015

You have been banned till 2056 I heard, so you decided to open another moniker.

Sincere 9gerian ??

Sincere 9gerlan ??
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
The gates of hell shall not prevail!
He who has an ear, let him hear.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by Chanchit: 7:30pm On Aug 07, 2013
nedu2000: if pastors are to be paid salaries then they should pay tax as well

Maybe they are trying to avoid tax, thats why its not made public.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by otokx(m): 7:38pm On Aug 07, 2013
This smells like junk
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by mekaboy(m): 7:46pm On Aug 07, 2013
otokx: This smells like junk

It is.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by Nomski0(f): 7:55pm On Aug 07, 2013
If GEJ like, let him pay Obama's salary, come 2015 when i'll vote for the first time, i will not vote him because the man is on a mission to destroy this country. PDP ruling for over 13 years with nothing but hardship to show for it.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by shaiguy(m): 8:48pm On Aug 07, 2013
The Nigerian Police made this release to ensure the safety of lives and properties in the country. Please share, you could be saving a life.

Dear Colleagues

The Nigeria Police Force has identified a list of hot spots for ritual killings in Nigeria and have advised to avoid these areas. The following places listed below have been identified as high risk areas for ritual killings:

- See more at: http://dayjuice.com.ng/red-alert-dangerous-spots-to-avoid-nationwide/#sthash.ntS8bQKo.dpuf
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by Maxymilliano(m): 9:55pm On Aug 07, 2013
otokx: This smells like junk

Pure and undiluted junk ...
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by mooregan(m): 10:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
And what is wrong I him sowing in de life of a man of God?? This is y people don't don't prosper, they don't know de kingdom principle.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by Pataki: 11:24pm On Aug 07, 2013

Fresh Air 2015

I have reported you for breaking rule no 19. I hope the moderators take appropriate action for flagrantly once again disregarding the rules of this forum.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by Revolva(m): 11:49pm On Aug 07, 2013
;DMUMU PRESIDENT grin grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by mrking3(m): 12:01am On Aug 08, 2013
What kind of misleading topic is this? Where on earth did Jonathan made such comment? You just fooled yourself not Nigerians!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by Larryupsy: 12:31am On Aug 08, 2013
See the Op talking like a fool.we gathered from our source,who and what is ur source,what a junk,misleading headline.arrant nonsense.its only a fool dat will believe ur poo.go sidon Mr or Mrs writer whichever are u?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by mancheeutd(m): 12:39am On Aug 08, 2013
and who is ur useless source... stop hating n get a life
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan: I Pay Pastor Adeboye's Salary by Nobody: 12:58am On Aug 08, 2013
this story is not even up to satan's accusation but am sure the poster or the journalist just came back from Jupiter. he has no clue of whats going on in the world. is the RCCG a poor church? there are a thousand and one people in rccg that can pay pastor adeboye in millions and not blink an eye. for your own sake, stop slandering an innocent man. but even if gej sends him money monthly, is it not the duty of children to take care of their fathers? is pastor adeboye hungry? was he a begger before he came into full time ministry?

just mind your self!!!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

EXPOSED: Vanishing Ink Used To Massively Rig Ekiti Elections To Favor PDP / The Difference Between Presidency Budget In 2015 And 2016 / Throwback: Worker Protest Non-payment Of 36 Month Arrear During Peter Obi Tenure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.