Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,014 members, 7,803,377 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

Ramadan Early-mid 90s - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Early-mid 90s (973 Views)

Early Marriage In Islam / Early Copy Of The Qur’an Discovered / Mid-Sha'ban-the 15th Day Of The Blessed Month Of Sha'ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramadan Early-mid 90s by IleIfe2(m): 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
Hello Nigerian Muslims

tongue
Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by deols(f): 6:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
OF course you dont need to exaggerate the death trap part...

As it is a time for celebrations, we'd rather hope that we are reminded of the need to be in the spirit of celebrations.
Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by Gorrbachev: 3:00am On Aug 08, 2013
deols: OF course you dont need to exaggerate the death trap part...

As it is a time for celebrations, we'd rather hope that we are reminded of the need to be in the spirit of celebrations.

Ok Ma. grin grin
Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by IleIfe2(m): 3:07am On Aug 08, 2013
deols: OF course you dont need to exaggerate the death trap part...

Err....... that's the part that hurts me the most. Should i have said it better?

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by deols(f): 4:01am On Aug 08, 2013
And you had to open a blog and probably put fake stories to present your anti Islam sentiments?
Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by IleIfe2(m): 8:20am On Aug 08, 2013
deols: And you had to open a blog and probably put fake stories to present your anti Islam sentiments?

haha, really? Fake stories? Which one of them is fake?
Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by deols(f): 8:40am On Aug 08, 2013
You are BURSTED

Go give it another try and then, be SMART. wink
Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by IleIfe2(m): 8:49am On Aug 08, 2013
deols: You are BURSTED

Go give it another try and then, be SMART. wink

I'm lost. grin grin grin
Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by siddiq202(m): 11:52pm On Aug 12, 2013
Ile-Ife:

haha, really? Fake stories? Which one of them is fake?
I have this felling that part of the story is fake too. Or perhaps you were too small to differentiate eid-fitri from eid-adha
Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by IleIfe2(m): 4:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
siddiq202:
I have this felling that part of the story is fake too. Or perhaps you were too small to differentiate eid-fitri from eid-adha

grin grin Speak to anyone that lived up north in the 90s. Everyone celebrated and looked forward to Sallah. Thats what we called it, Sallah. no one went out of their way to differentiate fitri from adam. all we knew was big Sallah, small sallah and watan azimi, everyone(kids) loved it.

The holier than thou mentality was non existing and killing was unimaginable back then. Though we had the fanatics but their fanaticism was limited to their family and students. I still remember when walking to church on Sundays, the way those mallams beat the life out of their students for mis quoting the quran. grin grin grin grin grin grin. Awesome days.
Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by BetaThings: 5:50am On Aug 20, 2013
Ile-Ife:

grin grin Speak to anyone that lived up north in the 90s. Everyone celebrated and looked forward to Sallah. Thats what we called it, Sallah. no one went out of their way to differentiate fitri from adam. all we knew was big Sallah, small sallah and watan azimi, everyone(kids) loved it.

The holier than thou mentality was non existing and killing was unimaginable back then. Though we had the fanatics but their fanaticism was limited to their family and students. I still remember when walking to church on Sundays, the way those mallams beat the life out of their students for mis quoting the quran. grin grin grin grin grin grin. Awesome days.

It gets worse. Does it not? Church and mallams?

Mentality/attitude. In those days, Christians were human and could do wrong. Not any longer!
sojjy: @crackles,don't accuse men of God wrongly.Even if T.B is a fraud,you don't need to judge him as judgement only lies in God hands.I jst pity Yara'adua 4 wat Turai has turned him to.Power drunk turai.
Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by IleIfe2(m): 4:42pm On Aug 21, 2013
BetaThings:

It gets worse. Does it not? Church and mallams?

Mentality/attitude. In those days, Christians were human and could do wrong. Not any longer!

Yeah while on the way to church on sundays, mallams, those guys that teach quran recitations with horse whips. oh, I see what you are all doing, trying to whirl me up, so i can call you a dimwits then get banned. grin grin grin

I never knew i came across as trying to be a muslim, i'm not. I was only sharing what i experienced as child that grew up in the midst of hausas in northern (middle belt) Nigeria. Is that why deols was playing detective? "You are busted". grin grin i was baffled. i never inferred i'm a muslim. my bad.

Ask anyone that was a child in the middle belt in the 90s, especially in the mixed areas, fasting and sallah was like Christmas. we don't fast but also enjoyed fruits brought home by the dads and alhajis in the evening. we even ranked them on who always had the best oranges and water melon. grin grin grin The nightly shows/dramas by kids during ramadan were great, The freezer was always full during sallah and we always had to wash a lots of coolers so we can return them to our yoruba and hausa neighbours and family friends. They always brought food in picnic baskets and coolers. I miss those days, whats the wahala? grin grin grin
Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by BetaThings: 9:43am On Aug 22, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Yeah while on the way to church on sundays, mallams, those guys that teach quran recitations with horse whips. oh, I see what you are all doing,

And you are trying to do nothing?
Why do people not see that it is hard to see oneself while you can see others clearly?

Ile-Ife:

trying to whirl me up, so i can call you a dimwits then get banned.
Hahahahaha. Don't race too hard to decipher us
calling me anything - dimwit, dumb, fool, subhuman etc will NEVER get you banned
To me, it reflects more on you
I will work hard to get you banned if insult our figures
You will never see me partake though in that form of "religious worship"

Ile-Ife:

Ask anyone that was a child in the middle belt in the 90s, especially in the mixed areas, fasting and sallah was like Christmas. we don't fast but also enjoyed fruits brought home by the dads and alhajis in the evening. we even ranked them on who always had the best oranges and water melon. grin grin grin The nightly shows/dramas by kids during ramadan were great, The freezer was always full during sallah and we always had to wash a lots of coolers so we can return them to our yoruba and hausa neighbours and family friends. They always brought food in picnic baskets and coolers. I miss those days, whats the wahala? grin grin grin
The "wahala"is that you paint Muslims as some lot who have become quite sinister in their ways
While Christians are as loving, friendly as ever
Is that the reality? - take statistics even on NL - Christians are more abusive and rude
If 10% of muslims were infact violent, you would be posting all those lovely smilies from 6ft lower!
May Allah guide us all

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by IleIfe2(m): 4:08pm On Aug 22, 2013
BetaThings:

And you are trying to do nothing?
Why do people not see that it is hard to see oneself while you can see others clearly?

it was sallah/eid and i felt nostalgic

Hahahahaha. Don't race too hard to decipher us
calling me anything - dimwit, dumb, fool, subhuman etc will NEVER get you banned
To me, it reflects more on you
I will work hard to get you banned if insult our figures
You will never see me partake though in that form of "religious worship"

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The "wahala"is that you paint Muslims as some lot who have become quite sinister in their ways
While Christians are as loving, friendly as ever
Is that the reality? - take statistics even on NL - Christians are more abusive and rude
If 10% of muslims were infact violent, you would be posting all those lovely smilies from 6ft lower!
May Allah guide us all

Stop making threats, we all agree that the percentage of violent muslims compared to the overall population is low but lets be honest with each other, extremist and bigots now speak and act on behalf of Muslims all over the world.
If 10% of every religion were violent the world will not be liveable for all of us especially muslims. Do you know Buddhist now fight muslims in Burma.
Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by BetaThings: 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
Ile-Ife:
Stop making threats
Really??

Ife Critic There is too much human sacrifuce in Ile Ife. A man is sacrificed to their deity every day of the year save one
Ife Indigene: Were that true: all OAU students would be dead
Ife Critic: Stop making threats

Ile-Ife:
but lets be honest with each other, extremist and bigots now speak and act on behalf of Muslims all over the world.

And muslims have told you that they are representing them
Afterall yahoo yahoo boys now speak for Nigerians! No be so?

Ile-Ife:

If 10% of every religion were violent the world will not be liveable for all of us especially muslims.
So will you allow the remaining 90% to rest?

Ile-Ife:
Do you know Buddhist now fight muslims in Burma.
Just like they fight Christians in Sri Lanka. Don't be too smug!
And do you know why they fight them?
Please stop making this thread boring
Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by IleIfe2(m): 8:35am On Aug 25, 2013
BetaThings:
Really??

Yes really, you might be used to making such statements. 10% of any religion might decide to become violent, and we will all be posting from 6ft underground. Being violent is a choice, a choice which is unfortunately always picked by this muslim "minority" allover the world. Not because they are being stopped from worshipping their god as they deem fit, but because they can't impose their will and believe on others.

And muslims have told you that they are representing them
Afterall yahoo yahoo boys now speak for Nigerians! No be so?

No, they haven't . it would be silly to do that, isn't it? Reality as we all witness today says otherwise, those with counter narratives (tolerance) appear to be the minority in islam. The fence sitters or Passive extremist have the highest number.
Muslims don't denounce violence carried out in the name of their religion except they are forced to. They'll rather remain mute especially when it does not affect them.

Just like they fight Christians in Sri Lanka. Don't be too smug!
And do you know why they fight them?
Please stop making this thread boring

A religion with little to no violent history, wakes up one day and starts attacking people. why aren't Burmese Buddhist attacking Christians in Burma, why are they fighting only Rohingyas(muslims)(Igbos claiming Lagos)? Why did the Sri Lanka government annihilate the Tamils and attack anyone that tries to take up their case. Muslims who taught the civil war was an opportunity to form a little caliphate on the island were put in their place. Christians and westerners who try to take up the tamil cause are harassed, deported and where necessary their Church vandalised because Tamils are Christians.

Name one country on this planet where you find muslims and they don't have this so called
"minority" that kill and maim for silly reasons in the name of Islam. The most popular muslim cleric in any society is always a bigoted religious chauvinist with a large following. If he preaches things like "live and and let live" he or (she) becomes less observant, less charismatic and less muslim.
Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by BetaThings: 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2013
^^^^^^
It is pointless responding to you

3 Likes

Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by IleIfe2(m): 8:47am On Aug 26, 2013
BetaThings: ^^^^^^
It is pointless responding to you

You lost the debate. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ramadan Early-mid 90s by BetaThings: 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2013
^^^^^^^
Yes, I did

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Shia Shehata Story Revisited / George And Eid-ul-adha (A Must Read) / How To Become A Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.