Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:37 PM

2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency (4600 Views)

OYO 2015: APC Offers Akala 1billion Anually To Step Down Election Bid / 2015: APC Is Blinded By Desperation For Power – PDP / 2015: APC In Dilemma Over Buhari’s Candidature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by MartianTee(m): 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2013
The Presidency, Wednesday, said the invitation by the All Progressive Congress to President Goodluck Jonathan to join theirparty was a clear indication that Jonathan was the best man for the job of leading thiscountry.
Reacting to the Tuesday invitation extended to President Goodluck by the APC to president Jonathan to join the newly-registered All Progressives Congress, the special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Dr Reuben Abati said the invitation was “an acknowledgment of Jonathan’s sterling leadership qualities”.
According to him, the invitation was a compliment to the president’s leadershipqualities which even the opposition had acknowledge that Jonathan is the best manfor the job at present.
While jettisoning the possibility of the president taking up the offer, Dr Abati lampooned the opposition party for forming a party only to realise later that they do not have a credible candidate.
“I think it (the APC’s invitation) is a compliment. What Chief Akande has said in essence is that President Jonathan is the best man for the job.
“They formed a party only to realise they don’t have a candidate. We thank him forhis acknowledgment of the President’s leadership qualities, but he (the President) is happy where he is.
“We thank Chief Akande for his expression of confidence in President Jonathan’s credibility but the President is happy where he is, as a member and leader of the PDP to which he remains loyal, and under the umbrella of which he is leading a transformation agenda for the betterment of the lives of Nigerians” he said.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/2015-apcs-invitation-shows-jonathans-best-man-for-the-job-presidency/

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by koruji(m): 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
Abati is becoming too clever by half - whoever said they are inviting GEJ to be president...but I guess one sly remark deserves another.
Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by VirginFinder: 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2013
koruji: Abati is becoming too clever by half - whoever said they are inviting GEJ to be president...but I guess one sly remark deserves another.

An invite is an invite.

APC has committed political suicide!

10 Likes

Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by Omexonomy: 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
Take it or leave it gej is the best man for the job. South westerners under the auspices of MAD OLD PROFESOR, that idi.o.t MUMUCIOUS MASQURADE and those e-ants, e-cocroaches and e-urchins can insult the living daylight out of him it will make no difference. Gej all the way.
koruji: Abati is becoming too clever by half - whoever said they are inviting GEJ to be president...but I guess one sly remark deserves another.

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by Omexonomy: 8:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
Virgin Finder:

An invite is an invite.

APC has committed political suicide!
i dont think so. Where are eko ile and gbawe to come and interprete it for us.
Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by MartianTee(m): 8:04pm On Aug 07, 2013
If APC should field GEJ as their presidential candidate, they should be ready to lose. grin

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by MartianTee(m): 8:10pm On Aug 07, 2013
See how Abati has turn a joke to something elsecheesy. One thing for sure, i wont vote any PDP material in the forthcoming general election.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by Sealeddeal(m): 8:10pm On Aug 07, 2013
Its very unfortunate for opposition to take all their time to build a party without a credible presidential material. Well,i will suggest that they adopt President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015 since he is not ready to leave PDP.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by MartianTee(m): 8:18pm On Aug 07, 2013
Sealeddeal: Its very unfortunate for opposition to take all their time to build a party without a credible presidential material. Well,i will suggest that they adopt President Goodluck Jonathan in 2015 since he is not ready to leave PDP.
Even Abati knows that's not what the invitation implied in essence- invite his boss to make him the flag bearer. It was just to spite GEJ . But it's so unfortunate Abati had to use it against them.
Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 07, 2013
Those APC guys are comedians
Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by Goddex: 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2013
Abati is a bad nigga. Did anyone read this?

While jettisoning the possibility of the president taking up the offer, Dr Abati lampooned the opposition party for forming a party only to realise later they do not have a credible Presidential candidate.

10 Likes

Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2013
[quote
author=Martian_Tee]See how Abati has turn a joke to something elsecheesy.
One thing for sure, i wont vote any PDP material in the forthcoming
general election.[/quote]

So u call it a joke? Then nobody should take ur APC seriously cos they are a colony of jokers or better still, comedians.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by Nobody: 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2013
If APC truly invited Jonathan to join their party then they have shut themselves on the foot!

You don't invite a sitting president to join your party except you like his policies and are ready to identify with those policies.

I regret to say it but Abati is right on this one. APC is suggesting that Jonathan is the best man for the job and they should be courageous enough to adopt GEJ as their Presidential candidate for 2015 if that is their plan. And this is not the first time the principals of APC will do something like this anyway. Afterall under AD they adopted OBJ of PDP as their presidential candidate! So they can do what they do best again! Bunch of jokers!

12 Likes

Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by jmaine: 8:48pm On Aug 07, 2013
Abati simply transformed a sly invitation to a notable and valuable stinger . . grin
Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by MartianTee(m): 8:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
That invitation was actually an insult. It shouldn't be read literally.
Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by jmaine: 8:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
Martian_Tee: That invitation was actually an insult. It shouldn't be read literally.

Abati seized the opportunity to haul a boulder of slur on APC grin . .Fair game cool

1 Like

Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by MartianTee(m): 9:03pm On Aug 07, 2013

Jonathan’s sterling leadership qualities”.
Of course, the quality that's crumbling his party.

“They formed a party only to realisethey don’t have a candidate. We thank him forhis acknowledgment of the President’s leadership qualities, but he (the President) is happy where he is.
Anyone of Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola, Rochas, El-Rufai is better than 10 GEJs.

“We thank Chief Akande for his expression of confidence in PresidentJonathan’s credibility but the President is happy where he is, as a member and leader of the PDP to which he remains loyal, and under the umbrella of which he is leading a transformation agenda for the bitterness of the lives of Nigerians” he said.
Of course. grin
Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by seanet02: 9:03pm On Aug 07, 2013
jmaine:

Abati seized the opportunity to haul a boulder of slur on APC grin . .Fair game cool
Stop laughing and go and sleep young boy
Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by jmaine: 9:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
seanet02:
Stop laughing and go and sleep young boy

E be like say you wan collect solidly packaged E-Nodding .. . .

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by seanet02: 9:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
jmaine:

E be like say you wan collect solidly packaged E-Nodding .. . .
Chop Knuckleee
grin grin grin
Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by MartianTee(m): 9:25pm On Aug 07, 2013
seanet02:
Chop Knuckleee
grin grin grin
Maturity. wink
Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by jmaine: 9:28pm On Aug 07, 2013
seanet02:
Chop Knuckleee
grin grin grin

grin
Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by gerald09(m): 10:10pm On Aug 07, 2013
Martian_Tee: That invitation was actually an insult. It shouldn't be read literally.
Yeah so was d reply
Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by gerald09(m): 10:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
Martian_Tee:

Of course. grin
Dude if u like quote every part or d article dat was a great come back, even if am not a big Abati fan his FU*CK U(APC) was bigger.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by gerald09(m): 10:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
Martian_Tee:

Of course. grin
Dude if u like quote every part of d article dat was a great come back, even if am not a big Abati fan his FU*CK U(APC) was bigger.
Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by mooregan(m): 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2013
Bruhahahahaha. This is a case of de hunter turning d hunted.
Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by riskit33: 11:46pm On Aug 07, 2013
Omexonomy: i dont think so. Where are eko ile and gbawe to come and interprete it for us.

Lol! Topic is yet to make FP, when it does you'll get your well deserved interpretation.
Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by Nobody: 5:24am On Aug 08, 2013
You have brought people from Abuja to Yenagoa today. The only thing I want to tell you in the presence of Bayelsa State is that I was here in this place some months ago and Bayelsans stoned [Governor Timipre Sylva]. You must work hard to make sure that Bayelsans don't stone you. The day I come here and Bayelsans stone you, I will follow and stone you.
...............President Jonathan.

The commentators should know that words have embodied meanings, and that in cultural contexts, languages lend themselves to idiomatic and metaphorical expressions which may carry heavier weight as signifying codes. The word, ‘stones’ in the present context need not be read literally. Rather, President Jonathan was urging Messrs Dickson and Jonah to be prepared to deliver good governance if elected into office. He was also reminding them of the cost of failing to do so, namely the anger and rejection of the people, which may not necessarily be in the form of actual ‘stone-throwing,’ but may manifest as civil apathy
...................Reuben Abati.

Is Abati saying he doesn't understand "metaphor" again? Abati is displaying "sophisticated ignorance" by deliberately misrepresenting APC intention.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by 3ace(m): 5:30am On Aug 08, 2013
Though the invitation may sound like APC is trying to ridicule GEJ but if he decides to join APC today, they will gladly accept him and make him the flag bearer. Remember, the only thing that brought Buhari, Tinubu and others together was their quest to wrest power from PDP. I want more parties to emerge and compete effectively with PDP but not APC.
Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by mooregan(m): 5:37am On Aug 08, 2013
Prof Corruption:
...............President Jonathan.

...................Reuben Abati.

Is Abati saying he doesn't understand "metaphor" again? Abati is displaying "sophisticated ignorance" by deliberately misrepresenting APC intention.
Bros if u like, quote metaphor, similey, adjectival clause, or abverbial phrase, all we know is that APC don fall their mumu hands. So if de non-performing Jonathan according to them joins APC, he will automatically turn credible abi?? I laugh in Greek, Bruhahahahahaha.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by camelus: 6:17am On Aug 08, 2013
Martian_Tee: See how Abati has turn a joke to something elsecheesy. One thing for sure, i wont vote any PDP material in the forthcoming general election.
Wow,Are u voting party or Candidate? Nawao !
Re: 2015: Apc’s Invitation Shows Jonathan’s Best Man For The Job – Presidency by cooldays(m): 6:37am On Aug 08, 2013
I advice u friends to watch Wat u write before they charge u for insult and riversitate ur entire life. Wat I know:nothing is cheaper, I pay more for poor electricity nd still a job seeker. vote my foot.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Think Buhari Will Lose Against Jonathan Come Next Year. / Buhari's Year Book Photos From US War College / 11 Facts About Jerry Rawlings Of Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.