Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. (3313 Views)

I Will Not Be Running For Governor Again – Jimi Agbaje Declares / Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) / Olorunimbe Mamora As The Next Lagos State Governor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by brunnet: 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2013
Ogun State is on the verge of
history. I have heard your hues
and cries during my recent
consultation in Ogun State. We
may not have done as we
promised under the ACN
government in Ogun State but i
am capable of bringing the
needed expertise and re-
engineering required for good
governance. To this effect, i will
bring about the convergence of
egg heads with tested democratic
values irrespective of party
affiliation, this is with a view to
help turnaround the fortunes of
our beautiful bride, Ogun State.

I ask every member of our newly
registered party APC and indeed
all Ogun State sons and daughters
to join us as we seek to bring
genuine and real change to Ogun
State under my government, your
government, by the special Grace
of God in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by brunnet: 7:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
Adeleke Olurunnimbe Mamora
(born 16 February 1953) was
elected Senator for the Lagos East
constituency of Lagos State,
Nigeria, taking office on 29 May
2007. He is a member of the
Action Congress (AC).

Mamora was born on 16 February
1953. He obtained a B.Sc, Health
Sciences, Bachelor of Medicine
and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
University of Ife, Ile-Ife and
became a Health Practitioner. He
was Medical Director of a Medical
Centre (1987 - 1998), and a
Company Medical Adviser (1988 -
1992).

Mamora was a National Delegate
for the National Republican
Convention (NRC) in 1990, and
Secretary, Lagos East of the United
Nigeria Congress Party (UNCP) in
1998. He was elected to the Lagos
State House of Assembly in 1999
and was appointed Speaker. He
was Chairman of the Conference
of Speakers (2000 - 2001).
Mamora was elected to the Senate
in April 2003 and reelected in
2007. He was also a member of
the Economic Community of West
African States (ECOWAS)
Parliament (2003 - 2006). In 2003
he was appointed chairman of
the Senate Committee on Ethics,
Privileges and Public Petitions.

After resuming his seat in the
Senate in 2007 he was appointed
to committees on Upstream
Petroleum Resources, Selection
Committee, Health and Federal
Character & Inter-Governmen t
Affairs. In a mid-term evaluation
of Senators in May 2009, ThisDay
noted that he had sponsored bills
on Tenure of Office, Surgeon-
General of Nigeria and repeal
and amendment of the Tobacco
Control Act. He sponsored or co-
sponsored motions including one
to amend Senate rule 111 to bring
it into conformity with the
Constitution of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria. Mamora was
described as a master of
parliamentary procedures.
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by oshyno(m): 7:54pm On Aug 07, 2013
I dont get it. Does it mean the guy is from Ogun state ? How come he represents Lagos in the red chamber.
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by niggadee(m): 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2013
oshyno: I dont get it. Does it mean the guy is from Ogun state ? How come he represents Lagos in the red chamber.
he represents Lagos because ijebus are lagosian as well and they Build a Strong Political Organization in lagos

2 Likes

Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by kelvincoll(m): 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2013
2015 under the APC ticket? Seems No 2nd term for Amosun
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by Ngwakwe: 8:46pm On Aug 07, 2013
That means having played FIFA under 21 for Lagos. He is fit to play any State's team of his choice provide ....................

What actually is in the constitution as regarding inter-state porting politics?

niggadee: he represents Lagos because ijebus are lagosian as well and they Build a Strong Political Organization in lagos
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by niggadee(m): 10:04pm On Aug 07, 2013
Ngwakwe: That means having played FIFA under 21 for Lagos. He is fit to play any State's team of his choice provide ....................

What actually is in the constitution as regarding inter-state porting politics?

non Indigenous treaties in Nigeria are constitutional Discrimination and Tribalism. there is a territorial boundaries between Indigenous and non Indigenous in nigeria
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by oshyno(m): 10:18pm On Aug 07, 2013
niggadee: he represents Lagos because ijebus are lagosian as well and they Build a Strong Political Organization in lagos

U better come up with something meaningful. Soo an Ijebu man is a Lagosian as well as an Ogunite (if there is something like that.)
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by seanet02: 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2013
dream on
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
So Tinubu wants to install his obedient servant in Oke Mosan. Seems Amosun is not 'loyal' enough, having established himself financially and politically before pitching his tent with the ACN, which therefore means he has a mind of his own to some extent.

That sounds interesting. Let's see how the battle unfolds.
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by niggadee(m): 11:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
oshyno:

U better come up with something meaningful. Soo an Ijebu man is a Lagosian as well as an Ogunite (if there is something like that.)
you do not have a clue who are the lagosians
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by IGBOSON1: 11:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
oshyno:

^^^Hehehehehehehe grin grin grin

Stay there dey wait for something 'more' meaningful.....that's as good an explanation as you're ever gonna get! wink
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by oshyno(m): 11:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
niggadee: you do not have a clue who are the lagosians

D clue is what am asking. Can one be from two state same time. Or ur saying Lagos is no-man's land. Come clean man.
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by mikolo80: 11:48pm On Aug 07, 2013
YOU CAN RUN IN ANY STATE YOU WANT.BEING VOTED FOR BY THE PEOPLE IS ANOTHER MATTER
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by cKaiser: 11:48pm On Aug 07, 2013
After Amosuns second term
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 07, 2013
oshyno: I dont get it. Does it mean the guy is from Ogun state ? How come he represents Lagos in the red chamber.
Staying up to 10years in any state makes one eligible to contest for any political position in the state.
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by sEyi6: 4:07am On Aug 08, 2013
oshyno:

Ijebu people are found in lagos and ogun. Ikorodu people in Lagos are also Ijebus. Also remember that Ketu, ojota and the likes were not under Lagos years ago.
Don't really understand the Lagos and Ogun mix up, it's complicated.
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 08, 2013
Aregbesola was a commisioner in Lagos and now Osun governor! I think Lagos is trying to control the SW, but if the people they are puting are really working then I think its OK.
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by abrat: 11:50am On Aug 08, 2013
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 08, 2013
I guess he's been deported to his state lol. Ogun State, that is grin grin grin
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by RichDad1(m): 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2013
Interesting, but I thought he's from Ondo state?
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by niggadee(m): 2:20pm On Aug 08, 2013
oshyno:

D clue is what am asking. Can one be from two state same time. Or ur saying Lagos is no-man's land. Come clean man.
the native of ikorodu, epe and ibeju lekki are ijebus.
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by softwareman(m): 3:16pm On Aug 08, 2013
proO1: So Tinubu wants to install his obedient servant in Oke Mosan. Seems Amosun is not 'loyal' enough, having established himself financially and politically before pitching his tent with the ACN, which therefore means he has a mind of his own to some extent.

That sounds interesting. Let's see how the battle unfolds.
FIRST, DEFAMING PEOPLE'S NAME BY HIDING BEHIND THE ANONIMITY OF THE INTERNET IS HIGLY IRRESPONSIBLE.
SECOND THE STORY YOU ARE COMMENTING ON DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A SOURCE TALKLESS BEING TRUE
THIRD, IT SEEMS YOU HAVE AN OBSESSION WITH TINUBU HENCE YOU CONSISTENTLY BRING HIM INTO ALMOST ANY POST YOU MAKE.
FOURTH: GET A LIFE!

2 Likes

Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 08, 2013
software man:
FIRST, DEFAMING PEOPLE'S NAME BY HIDING BEHIND THE ANONIMITY OF THE INTERNET IS HIGLY IRRESPONSIBLE.
SECOND THE STORY YOU ARE COMMENTING ON DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A SOURCE TALKLESS BEING TRUE
THIRD, IT SEEMS YOU HAVE AN OBSESSION WITH TINUBU HENCE YOU CONSISTENTLY BRING HIM INTO ALMOST ANY POST YOU MAKE.
FOURTH: GET A LIFE!

Yet another Tinubu dog barking inanities all over the place. Who cares about a minion's opinion? Not every man's "software" is programmed to worship your god Tinubu.

How ironic you mentioned getting a life. A life like yours dedicated to worshipping Tinubu doesn't seem like much of a life.

Meanwhile, take a few seconds break from your Tinubu worship and fix your faulty CAPS LOCK. Until then, refrain from quoting normal people!
Re: Olorunnimbe Mamora For Governor Ogun State. by funshint(m): 8:33am On Aug 25, 2013
This thread is completely senseless; hw can Mamora vie 4 gov in Ogun state and people are even commenting?!! This OP must be high on fake Alomo!!!

(1) (Reply)

List Of Defecting Senators / Jonathan’s Visit To Burkina faso Sparks Outrage / Fashola's Aide Shocks APC In Lagos Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.