Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,564 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Single Sister - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Single Sister (1035 Views)

An Honest Prayer Of A Single Sister (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single Sister by MissNGW(f): 7:53pm On Aug 08, 2013
I'm a newcomer here. With a topic I've been dying to discuss. What exactly is wrong if a lady is 25 and above and still single? Why do people always make it seem like it's a crime?especially in nigeria Most times, it isn't what the ladies choose. I'm asking because My cousin is 27 and she just got dumped for no apparent reason by her boyfriend of 3 years. Now she's like a shadow of her former self. Saying she'll never settle down before she hits 30 and calling herself an old maid. We're close and I'm disturbed.
Re: Single Sister by Enegod(m): 7:56pm On Aug 08, 2013
Re: Single Sister by Nomski0(f): 8:13pm On Aug 08, 2013
Being single at 25 and above is not bad na. 27 is not that bad. She can still fine her prince charming, its not too late for her

1 Like

Re: Single Sister by demelza: 8:27pm On Aug 08, 2013
It has to do with a society that places so much emphasis on marriage at the detriment of the wishes of an individual. It is assumed that if you arent married at a certain age, you are officially worse than a leper and so should be treated as such.
Re: Single Sister by Smuthx(m): 9:02pm On Aug 08, 2013
The big 2 7. did her boyfriend leave because of her age? if not, she should avoid relating her breakup with her age and marriage
Re: Single Sister by haitto99(m): 9:28pm On Aug 08, 2013
27? old? for naija,nope,i intend marrying my gf wen she clocks 27 cos am just a yr older

2 Likes

Re: Single Sister by MissNGW(f): 8:50pm On Aug 09, 2013
Smuthx: The big 2 7. did her boyfriend leave because of her age? if not, she should avoid relating her breakup with her age and marriage

Well, she feels it's because they're agemates. He's only 5 months older than her.
Re: Single Sister by Mynd44: 6:43am On Aug 10, 2013
It is because most of them are not strong enough to be themselves and they give in to pressures from the society

1 Like

Re: Single Sister by k2039: 7:34am On Aug 10, 2013
The tragedy of tradition.

People pay so much attention to frivolities. Most times we ask the wrong questions and pray the wrong prayers.

Is it about marrying before 30 or about marying the right guy (I mean a guy who will appreciate and love you through out the marriage).

@Op, will your sister be happy if this guy dumps her in the marriage. She better thank her stars. A break up is far better than a divorce (Apparently, I know why we have a lot of miserable marriages in Nigeria).

Ofcourse, it's better if the girl marries early in life but that shouldn't be the reason for going into marriage.

1 Like

Re: Single Sister by prettyjo(f): 9:11am On Aug 10, 2013
This is what happens wen one dates her agemate.the best tin for gals to do is to date someone who is older than you at least wit 5yrs.

1 Like

Re: Single Sister by cityhood: 4:04pm On Aug 11, 2013
hi sorry to put my tred here.
Tnks
My name is joseph,from kogi state kabba,

I hv my local language.buth can speak yoruba language.
Am 26yrs,sixfut plus height.
Slim buth nt bonny.
Broad shoulder.
Chocolate dark in color.
A graduate.
Christian.
Am a serious person.am discipline.and honesty.
Am non smoking and drinking type.
Plz beautiful ladies any one intrested.for any serious relationships.that may leat to marriage by grace of God cuz his him dat knows the best.
Am looking for lady who is confidence of herself.good looking.and most expecially good manna of character.
Plz understnd me i mysef am nt perfect.bur with understanding imin mature understanding.it will work out
Looking for a lady from yoruba lands only.
Tnks.08169446319
Thank you.
Re: Single Sister by segzicres(m): 4:13pm On Aug 11, 2013
He broke up with her to help her. Now she can find someone that is ready to get married. That guys knows he may not be ready until the next 3yrs

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

It Is Not Wise For A Man To Give An Expensive Or Sexy Gift To A Married Woman / *urgent Advice* Please ! She Is Leaving Me. / Why Do Some Girls Get Interested In Guys Already Dating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.