Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough (12626 Views)

World's First Malaria Vaccine Approved / Malaria Vaccine Discovered. / World's First Malaria Vaccine To Be Commercially Available Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by one9jeria: 11:00am On Aug 09, 2013
[size=25pt]CNN REPORTS ON THE LIKELY MOVE TO LEGALIZE MARIJUANA[/size]. will you support that. detail [font=Lucida Sans [size=18pt]www.bettergists..com[/size]
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by free2ryhme: 11:15am On Aug 09, 2013
Beware of vaccine from the US
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 09, 2013
Meaning I can give mosquitos my chest to feed on and wouldn't worry about malaria? Wow... Where dem dey sale am abeg?
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by SUGARSON(m): 11:25am On Aug 09, 2013
HMMMM....... SOUNDS INTERESTING *POPS LACASERA*....... I'LL WAIT TILL IT BECOMES A REALITY...........
BUT WILL IT STOP MOSQEETOS FROM BITING U 'CUZ DATS WETIN DEY WORRY ME FOR NIGHT.......... DATZ ALL
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by morningsta(m): 11:33am On Aug 09, 2013
I am curious. So the Western world would make this vaccine available to us Africans? so what happens to their big pharmaceutical companies? who will be buying their malaria drugs grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by dhammer(m): 11:34am On Aug 09, 2013
Dibiachukwu: Igbos don't take this vaccine!
it's people like you that make life.much more difficult than it has to be!
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by adezzy01(m): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2013
pls nw2phase II. B4 i 4gt we need u ppl2wrk fast n rduce d yrs.
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by Clemzy16(m): 11:41am On Aug 09, 2013
"too late!"

"i'm already used to them mosquitoes"

"we're like brothers now, i even understand their language" anybody care to learn. . . ??!"

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®

1 Like

Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by Chris95(m): 11:42am On Aug 09, 2013
Taaa! Real 9ja guys already av dis vaccine in deir body

1 Like

Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by Atigba: 11:45am On Aug 09, 2013
This is a great news can't wait for the vaccine am tired of treating malaria. Live and work on top of water..i Can't resign because of the pepe involed.
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by gbodimowo(m): 11:49am On Aug 09, 2013
Atigba: This is a great news can't wait for the vaccine am tired of treating malaria. Live and work on top of water..i Can't resign because of the pepe involed.

I don't believe ds guys
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by Atigba: 11:56am On Aug 09, 2013
gbodimowo:

I don't believe ds guys
. U don't have to
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by rayedge: 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2013
Prinze Elly: Good one,Find cure for those tiny wicked things. grin
Before you start being excited, you must find out what the side effect is.
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
Me no need the vaccine...when Mosquito bite me na the Mosquito dey get malaria
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by Rawpidgin(m): 12:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
hope it works on those warri mosquitos, & they should find solution to those male mosquitos wen dey make noise 4 person ear, sometimes thosenoise they annoy man pass the biting sef
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by whitecat007: 12:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
They should just bring their guinea pigs along since their pharmaceutical companies going to be making money off it.
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by sarutobie(m): 12:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
unmask: well I wont expect most Nigerians to use the vaccine as it comes from the morally bankrupt USA....besides there might be a handful of gay researchers amongst them.....and as good Nigerians, we wont and cant accept anything that has been contaminated by homos.....
That which you are trying to sell,won't be bought..try another tactic.
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
vire: In as much as this is commendable one has to be wary of all these breakthroughs for Africa.....Till date the conspiracy to reduce the black population still lingers....How was the HIV virus able to enter Africa....some say a woman was raped by an ape...other says it was through vaccines given in east Africa after it has being tested on black prisoners in the US and let free to spread it...what happened to the vaccine tested in Kano for polio that left alot of our kids paralyzed....we need to be careful angry angry angry angry
NOT TO DISMISS UR FEARS
BUT DONT U THINK SOME OF THESE FEARS WOULD BE PUT TO REST IF OUR SCIENTISTS ACTUALLLY DEVELOPED THESE VACCINES?
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by moshoodn(m): 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
Standing5: I hope this one too does not become resistant when used repeatedly .

They always grow resistant with time and overuse.

Thats why they have survived millions of years and refuse to go extinct.

They are one special set of the of the Phylum Arthropoda, Class Insecta.

Anyways, let's see what the future holds.
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by devour129: 12:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
sarutobie:
That which you are trying to sell,won't be bought..try another tactic.
lmao the gay sorry the guy is funny.trying to stir up stupid debate.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by YankeeJoe(m): 3:12pm On Aug 09, 2013
Tolexander: Nice!

Any mosquito should come now!

see u, mosquitoes go just suck out dat smal quantity of blood wey remain inside ur body.... No invite dem yet o
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by YankeeJoe(m): 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
paranorman: Good one.. We will get dere someday in this country.. I must invent something!

wetin u go fit invent, when una work for ds nigeria na to 'eat' n 'shit?'
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
Babzilla:
NOT TO DISMISS UR FEARS
BUT DONT U THINK SOME OF THESE FEARS WOULD BE PUT TO REST ?IF OUR SCIENTISTS ACTUALLLY DEVELOPED THESE VACCINES

which scientist .....have you read the book HOW EUROPE UNDERDEVELOPED AFRICA...or THE ECONOMIC HIT MEN....listen nothing will work in africa...its called economic slavery....the feed on us....they are the real parasites not the misquotes they are trying to kill angry angry angry angry
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
Guess no one saw the multiple intravenous administration part.
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by Nebeuwa(m): 3:37pm On Aug 09, 2013
Dibiachukwu: Igbos don't take this vaccine!

Please shut up. It is with this myopic and backward thinking, that polio still ravages Northern Nigeria. A particular disease that has been cured throughout most of the world

If this truly leads to a vaccine, the Igbo should definitely take it.
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 09, 2013
dolapobello1: Guess no one saw the multiple intravenous administration part.

meaning? we all do so whats your point
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by linearity: 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
There goes the collapse of the mosquito industry, albeit temporarily.

I am shorting stocks of insecticide sprays. Although they are still effective on cockroaches, so I might have to put that strategy on hold.

Anyways Mosquito nets should see a slight dip in sales, as well as mosquito repellent jellies.

All this would occur until the next evolution in mosquitos, where they will be sporting the new parasite, phylum Apicomplexa II.

I beg to disagree, when you are about to take a nap and a flying mosquito is disturbing you, the less of your worries at that particular moment is not Malaria, is the inability to sleep. So, vaccine or no vaccine, as long as Mosquitoes are not eradicated, the businesses you mentioned above are going to still be striving..
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by PStacks(m): 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2013
The world is advancing and Nigeria is still catching a police demanding bribe on camera...

Laudable achievement! Malaria vaccine is a great plus to this world.
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
Oh mosquitoe your days are numberd.. Am wondering mechanism of action of these drugs.
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 09, 2013
linearity:

I beg to disagree, when you are about to take a nap and a flying mosquito is disturbing you, the less of your worries at that particular moment is not Malaria, is the inability to sleep. So, vaccine or no vaccine, as long as Mosquitoes are not eradicated, the businesses you mentioned above are going to still be striving..

bro it is hard if not imposible to eradicate this complex arthropods of class anopheline, we should rather be thinking of how to limit there contact with humans.
Re: U.S. Reports Malaria Vaccine Breakthrough by PastorOla1: 5:33pm On Aug 09, 2013
Nna malaria dey kill Africans , Na Americans dey do RESEARCH, Na wa o!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PERMANENT Non Medical Method Of Curing MOUTH ODOUR.!!!! / COVID-19 Update For December 27 2020 In Nigeria / COVID-19 Update For October 1 2020 In Nigeria - (1,657 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.