Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor (4307 Views)

Buhari Is A Wrong Choice As Nigerian Leader - Ayo Adebanjo / Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) / Photos: Senators Chris Ngige, Ararume Visit To Congratulate Rochas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by Bensonn: 10:08pm On Aug 08, 2013
As far as am concerned no mater the level of blackmail or propaganda militated against Ngige by selfish tribal bigots, i and my entourage will still vote Dr. Chris Ngige in the next Governorship election, Anambra deserve good governance, we deserve change, progress and people oriented governance, lets shun evil propagandists and vote a tested and trusted seasoned performer. Ngige remain the best governor anambra ever had, despite the distractions of his then Godfathers,, umu anambra biko nu kanyi nyere onwe anyi aka, we nweta ihe nnweta nke ochi onye kwu e uche ya!

5 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by luvinhubby(m): 10:24pm On Aug 08, 2013
Bensonn: As far as am concerned no mater the level of blackmail or propaganda militated against Ngige by selfish tribal bigots, i and my entourage will still vote Dr. Chris Ngige in the next Governorship election, Anambra deserve good governance, we deserve change, progress and people oriented governance, lets shun evil propagandists and vote a tested and trusted seasoned performer. Ngige remain the best governor anambra ever had, despite the distractions of his then Godfathers,, umu anambra biko nu kanyi nyere onwe anyi aka, we nweta ihe nnweta nke ochi onye kwu e uche ya!
I think the weed you puffed is expired hence the reaction...... grin tongue gi na onye, odika ibu onye Alor?

9 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by Bensonn: 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2013
luvinhubby:
I think the weed you puffed is expired hence the reaction...... grin tongue gi na onye, ibu onye Alor?

although i dont understand ur statement, apart from the question if i am from alor, but i think you are one of the bigots on nairaland. Please stay away from my thread if you have come here just for insult purpose. If you wont vote Ngige allow the sensible ones who are willling to vote themselves to good governance, rather than remain under the slavery of non-performance and ethnic bigotry

6 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by luvinhubby(m): 10:44pm On Aug 08, 2013
And what was Ngige`s achievement in his 3yrs, governance is more than a one point road rehabilitation agenda. He purportedly freed Anambra from an indigenous godfather and wants to enslave us into an expatriate godfather that is collecting 40% of federal allocation to LGs of states that he installs a governor, biko we are wiser than that now in Anambra, Ngige has nothing to offer Anambra again, he has not even made any meaningful input as Senator from Anambra Central how much more a governor.

8 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by Bensonn: 10:56pm On Aug 08, 2013
luvinhubby: And what was Ngige`s achievement is his 3yrs, governance is more than a one point road rehabilitation agenda. He purportedly freed Anambra from an indigenous godfather and wants to enslave us into an expatriate godfather that is collecting 40% of federal allocation to LGs of states that he installs a governor, biko we are wiser than that now in Anambra, Ngige has nothing to offer Anambra again, he has not even made any meaningful input as Senator from Anambra Central how much more a governor.

i have followed your posts and discovered that you are a die-hard, dye-in-the wool ngige hater, so nothing will make you like him, even if he takes you to heaven. But one thing i want to tell you is that by God's grace, Onwa! Will emerge victorious and the people will rejoice! Majority of umu anambra will not allow tribalists to derail our quest for good governance! In 2011 the only campaign strategy dora akunyili used in the senetorial election is that Ngige's party is a yoruba party, i was in my hometown then, they drumed it as loud as ever, but at the end he still emerged victorious. So Mr. Man stop being unreasonable and vote performance not only for you but to your generations unborn

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by kunle4toyeyaho: 10:58pm On Aug 08, 2013
luvinhubby: And what was Ngige`s achievement is his 3yrs, governance is more than a one point road rehabilitation agenda. He purportedly freed Anambra from an indigenous godfather and wants to enslave us into an expatriate godfather that is collecting 40% of federal allocation to LGs of states that he installs a governor, biko we are wiser than that now in Anambra, Ngige has nothing to offer Anambra again, he has not even made any meaningful input as Senator from Anambra Central how much more a governor.
Does ngige look like a fool that can be controlled? Though, he makes some political mistakes that can threaten his chances in the election,he is the best of them.soludo wud only be proving economic theories for you people.
Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by kasiem(m): 11:39pm On Aug 08, 2013
Bensonn:

i have followed your posts and discovered that you are a die-hard, dye-in-the wool ngige hater, so nothing will make you like him, even if he takes you to heaven. But one thing i want to tell you is that by God's grace, Onwa! Will emerge victorious and the people will rejoice! Majority of umu anambra will not allow tribalists to derail our quest for good governance! In 2011 the only campaign strategy dora akunyili used in the senetorial election is that Ngige's party is a yoruba party, i was in my hometown then, they drumed it as loud as ever, but at the end he still emerged victorious. So Mr. Man stop being unreasonable and vote performance not only for you but to your generations unborn
and u forgot to say that ngige was busy going around telling people that dora was maltreating onitsha drug dealers during her nafdac days? okay, u want ngige to come and take all the development for anambra to anambra central alone ie ansu was placed at alor, airport at oba, all the roads that he hurriedly did was centered at anambra central. or u want us to wake up one day and hear that our governor has been kidnapped by nurtw and he is stuck in one shrine like that in osun? let me give u this secret, no good man comes through the backdoor, ngige only hurried those few roads cos he knew that he was definitely leaving the govt house and having soiled his political image through the rigging, he just did those things to lessen the effect. sentiments apart, can u compare ngige to andy uba based on their performance in senate? ubah openly condemned fashola act when he locked down ladipo for the first time while ngige who has his people at heart (as they say) went and thanked fashola for kidnapping that his people. tell me one thing that ngige on a personal note has done for his people when crooks like ifeanyi uba, obinna uzor, emeka offor, nicholas ukachukwu, soludo are busy with acts of philanthropism in their home state to show that u must not hold political office before u give to ur society.

6 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 08, 2013
You are entitled to your own choice, no doubt.

I have nothing against Ngige's person. As a governor, he was average at best. . .focusing only on road construction in some areas (my village - name withheld - did NOT benefit. . .until Peter Obi). Apart from his selective road construction bazaar (and sensationally paying the teachers' salaries withheld by Mbadinuju), there is nothing else he achieved as governor in three years. The rest is hype, and I agree he is indeed a showman - for those individuals that are obtuse enough to be impressed by such things.

That does not make him a bad candidate for the forthcoming election, but it also does NOT make him a better candidate than any of the other key gladiators such as Andy Uba, Soludo, Obinna Uzor, etc. For instance, as a product of election rigging who was sacked by the courts (meaning that he was never a governor , legally speaking), how is he more credible than Andy Uba?

In addition to the ordinariness of Ngige's candidacy, unfortunately, his ACN fraternity makes him even less attractive to enlightened Anambrarians. No sensible Anambrarian would want to be associated with a one-man party solely run by the obnoxious, cocaine-snorting, rapaciously greedy crook called Tinubu. We don't want Alpha Beta Consulting in Anambra, neither do we want Hitech Construction and all the other vehicles of institutionalised greed controlled by this frog-eyed ACN god called Tinubu. Worse still, the recent evidence that shows how tribalistic and anti-Igbo the party is further makes it unacceptable for any Anambra politician to sell a one-man empire of a party to the proud Anambra electorate. It simply cannot work. Anambrarians are NOT as docile and servile as the mmanu slaves that worship Tinubu in the South West, including the so-called educated ones here on Nairaland. Ngige would fare better as a candidate of NCP, Accord Party or any other 'unknown' party. . .. .on the strength of his own supposed personality and appeal. Afterall, the great Iroko of Ondo Politics - Olusegun Mimiko - ran and won on the Labour Party ticket because he was sure of himself.

Ngige's continued romance with ACN/APC makes him an unacceptable candidate in the election, more so as he is NOT clearly more qualified, more credible, or 'better' than other aspirants in any way. SIMPLE.. Aligning with Tinubu and that Boko Haram Godfather Buhari makes Ngige an unmarketable quantity in 2013's Anambra State. Simple. No explanation, rationalisation, extenuation, or clarification can change that FACT.

6 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:12am On Aug 09, 2013
Guy eeh,ikpasuo m' iwe,umu okulu Otu ebee gi. Kilikili....Ngige my black aass!
Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by drnoel: 5:45am On Aug 09, 2013
Bensonn: As far as am concerned no mater the level of blackmail or propaganda militated against Ngige by selfish tribal bigots, i and my entourage will still vote Dr. Chris Ngige in the next Governorship election, Anambra deserve good governance, we deserve change, progress and people oriented governance, lets shun evil propagandists and vote a tested and trusted seasoned performer. Ngige remain the best governor anambra ever had, despite the distractions of his then Godfathers,, umu anambra biko nu kanyi nyere onwe anyi aka, we nweta ihe nnweta nke ochi onye kwu e uche ya!
Tell me, is it blackmail that Ngige has been in senate all this years and has no single bill to his name? Is it blackmail that cos of his selfish ambition he supported the deportation saga? Is it blackmail that he has not done a single thing to affect the lives of people in his constituency then talk less of his state? If u doubt all these questions, I will post link. They has been actively discussed on Nairaland so quite within reach. Ma guy, 4get sentiments. Ngige is the wrong man/woman for the job. Nigerians be wise.

4 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by bestman09(m): 6:54am On Aug 09, 2013
God forbid bad thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! While Ngige may be good, his party APC CAN NEVER rule Anambra! Have u ever thought about what will happen to my dear state when tinubu and buhari start calling the shots there? TUFIAKWA!!!!!!!!!!!. I like Ngige as a person but for him to rule Anambra againg under APC is an ABOMINATION! A party with people like Femi fani kayode, buhari(who has never seen anything bad in all the atrocities of BOKO HARAM)tinubu (the yoruba godfather) etc can NEVER rule my state no matter their candidate! Ngige should quit APC if he is serious of coming back as a governor!

6 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by Coenvict: 6:56am On Aug 09, 2013
NGIGE IS THE MAN
Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by Bensonn: 7:18am On Aug 09, 2013
I have not seen any reasonable explanation by any of you to justify your hatred for Ngige, i dont even know the candidate that will be better than him, even the soludo most of you are fronting, i have this feeling that he will be business as usual, and for those saying Buhari is a bokoharam godfather, they shld watch there utterances, Gej once said boko haram members are in his cabinet, who are his cabinet members? Are they not PDP members? Anyway am not here to argue on boko haram. Still on Ngige in 2003 when no one knew him, OBJ-led PDP put him in power, the ubas pressurised him to share anambra money, he refused, he went about developing the state infrastructurally, let it be known that had it been that Ngige danced to their tune then, he wldnt have been ousted by the supreme court, it is when it dawned on them that he wont follow them in improvishing the state as usual they implicated him,. But by that time he has suceeded in
1.killing godfatherism in Anambra state
2.has opened the eyes of umu Anambra's eye to the huge internally generated revenue of the state
3. He showed that funds can be used to affect people positively, and not operation embezzle our money which is the usual practice
4. He set a standard by which governance in anambra state is guaged till today
5. Bridged the gap btw the people and the government...etc
so coming here to showcase tribal bigotry which has become the bane of ndigbo, is what we shld pray against. Infact am already in prayers asking God to give us credible leader not looters and propagandists.
I still maintain that Ngige has my vote in the upcoming elelction

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by omiobo: 7:18am On Aug 09, 2013
Ngige is the man for the job. No forces can stop him.
Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by Bensonn: 7:20am On Aug 09, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli: Guy eeh,ikpasuo m' iwe,umu okulu Otu ebee gi. Kilikili....Ngige my black aass!

bia nwokem i can see that you are a street tout, why not speak maturedly like others. I dont need uncultured people like you around my thread.
Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by Onlytruth(m): 8:46am On Aug 09, 2013
To think that there was a time I supported Ngige. cry

This man basically told Igbo people that his personal ambition is far more important than their interests.
I had often wondered why Ngige did not sponsor any bills in the senate despite all the problems we are facing as Ndigbo, SE, and Anambra state. I wondered whether Akunyili would have gone to the senate and sat still without proposing any bill?
The Akunyili I know would have been one of the movers and shakers of the senate; but she didn't get there because people trusted Ngige more.

Well, like we Igbo say "o na adi mma ka ikuku kuo ka afu ike okuko" -it is good for the wind to blow occasionally so that the ugly rear side of the fowl could be exposed.
That wind has been blowing for Ngige since he went to the senate; it reached its "storm stage" with the deportation saga, and lo our dear "onwa" was not only MIA, but actually sided with our oppressors, all in the name of party loyalty. He should have thought about that party loyalty when he stubbornly stayed in ACN (against all wise counsel), and now has been railroaded into APC -a worse mutation of the first disease!

In November, umu Omanbala will remind Ngige that we can be selfish too -by voting for someone else who would put us first!
We shall vote Soludo!

4 Likes

Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by Bensonn: 8:49am On Aug 09, 2013
p4all: @ bensonn, u r very correct. There's no better candidate for now. My brother DEMOCRACY does not always produce d best candidates. Ngige in PDP or APGA will win without a poster. But never in APC. U r talking as if we r in an ideal world, in a real world “loyalty is better dan competency.” And it is believed or it is a fact that Ngige is loyal to his leader. His loyalty does not lie withi d igbo folk as shown by his comment on Lagos deportation. I even believe dat our silent Governor has a lot of part to play in who emerges.

i love ur well structured argument, but my broda ngige is not someone that can be controlled by anyone, u know that more than i do. So my point is lets vote based on performance not party affliatiation
Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by Bensonn: 8:52am On Aug 09, 2013
@onlytruth i did not expect less from you
Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by Afam4eva(m): 8:55am On Aug 09, 2013
It's funny the reason people give for hating someone. For most people who hate Ngige, it's because they feel he belongs to a party dominated by Yorubas and Hausas or because of his utterance in the recent deportation debacle. Personally, i don't hate Ngige. I just think Chukwuma Soludo will do a better job. Ngige may be a good person and he may even beat Peter Obi's achievement but i know the kind of things that he will focus on while in government. I think the world has moved past those things. We need a technocrat in the person of Soludo to tap into the potentials of Anambra state and turn the state into a commercial and tourist haven.
Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by slap1(m): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2013
#SOLUDOSOLUTION
Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by luvinhubby(m): 9:00am On Aug 09, 2013
@bensonn,
So anybody that opposes Ngige is a tribalist or bigot from your perspective, that's very unfortunate and immature but the fact remains that Anambra does not need the leadership of any manipulating politician we have had enough of them, we need tested administrators like Obi and in this current pack , Uzor and Soludo are the administrators I see among them not Ngige.
As for the so-called Ngige`s achievements you noted, onye rere nkita goro enwe, ihe ntukwu ka bi na be ya. Discarding one godfather for another is not an achievement and those of us saying Ngige appears to one that cannot be dictated to should look at the current `deportation` saga, is Ngige speaking his personal mind or that of a party controlled by Tinubu/Buhari despite the fact that the issue has been condemned by all well Nigerians.
Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by Onlytruth(m): 9:00am On Aug 09, 2013
Bensonn: @onlytruth i did not expect less from you

But I said the truth.

All posters here know that I even supported Ngige during the last elections (though tacitly).
Nna we should be using our BRAINS to assess these politicians. Ngige has failed a lot of his supporters since he went to the senate. His failure there gave some of us time to take a close look at others like Soludo for example.

I supported Soludo too, but my heart was with Ngige -either of them was fine for me then...until now that Ngige has failed at the senate, and failed to defend us in this latest saga with Fashola. All my fears about his continued membership of ACN was confirmed during this saga.

Meanwhile Soludo has gotten much better with his last loss. He now has some political experience to work with and has taken his time to choose his next party carefully.

In any case it is my personal belief that ALL POLITICS IS LOCAL. The best Igbo should now be in APGA, no apologies about that!

1 Like

Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by yang(m): 9:01am On Aug 09, 2013

Ihe ana akpo ya bu ochichi. Hopefully u re not a Lagosian posing as ibo man. Ngige Meh. .. He sold out long ago. Traitor
Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 09, 2013
In Ngige we trust. No going back
Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 09, 2013
Afam4eva: It's funny the reason people give for hating someone. For most people who hate Ngige, it's because they feel he belongs to a party dominated by Yorubas and Hausas or because of his utterance in the recent deportation debacle. Personally, i don't hate Ngige. I just think Chukwuma Soludo will do a better job. Ngige may be a good person and he may even beat Peter Obi's achievement but i know the kind of things that he will focus on while in government. I think the world has moved past those things. We need a technocrat in the person of Soludo to tap into the potentials of Anambra state and turn the state into a commercial and tourist haven.
Well said but Ngige ain't bad either can take anambra to the next level. Obi is also a techocrat but did he take anambra to its hieght ?
Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 09, 2013
@ bensson keep the campaign up, don't all anyone kill that spirit. Anambra must move forward
Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by asha80(m): 9:30am On Aug 09, 2013
Obiagelli:
Well said but Ngige ain't bad either can take anambra to the next level. Obi is also a techocrat but did he take anambra to its hieght ?
depends on what you are looking at.
Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by Plshavmercyamen: 9:43am On Aug 09, 2013
Those supporting soludo and castigating Ngige on the basis of political party affiliation(APGA) and APC hmmm I laugh in Igbo. I can bet you guys that Soludo Will NEVER get the ticket of Apga to run for the Guber. And I wonder what will be the position of people like Onlytruth who believes that "politics is local" and is drumming up support for Soludo with tribalistic veil. Eze biri kwa o! Hahahahahahaha
Re: Chris Ngige Is My Choice As The Next Anambra Governor by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 09, 2013
LOL NGIGE SUPPORTERS ARE PEOPLE DAT LIVE OUTSIDE ANAMBRA,PEOPLE FROM ANAMBRA CENTRAL,TOUT FROM NEIGHBOURING STATES,APART FROM PEOPLE ANAMBRA CENTRAL THE TOUTS DONT VOTE DATS WHY NGIGE CANT WIN FREE AND FAIR ELECTION IN ANAMBRA AND NOW FASHOLA HAVE WORSEN THE SITUATION BY ANGERING THE TOUTS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

[PHOTOS] See World's Weirdest And Craziest Car Designs / Wait, Is Gov. Godwill Akpabio Running Away? / Political Cartoon Of The Day: The Watchdog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.