Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:03 AM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (59729 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by slap1(m): 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
It's a huge shame that Nigeria has gotten to this deplorable stage. I think I understand why motor parks and markets are sprawling up all over Aba.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Afam4eva(m): 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
slap1: Afam, are you really mocking people's misfortune? Hmm. Odiegwu o!
I;m sorry. I really didn't realize what the thread was all about. I thought it was a group that was created in real life hence my comment. I didn't realize it was a group aimed at bringing unemployed graduates together on Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by orobopasiosio(m): 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
this is good! am in already. this will surely be the largest interest group in naija.
oya oya let us know out to go about it. i have been unemployed since i graduated 13 years ago.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by adconline(m): 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
ehixking: Bees,ants and many other social insects despite the size of their brains,come together to build up hills for shelter,to store up food when its abundant for the next season because of the uncertainty in weather conditions or in case of famine!!

Truck drivers,mechanics,pepper grinders,market women and less educated entrepreneur also have their associations. They come together and look for ways forward!!they think ahead and avert any thing they think might be an obstruction in their various endeavors. So why can we as graduate come together to solve these problems!!

Let's use our brains to solve our own problems. The government is not ready to carter for us.
Nigeria youths are not lazy and not violent. During the Fuel subsidy crises I was in ibadan when old men were trying to protest youth were sleeping inside but during the time for recruitment by National population commission the crowd was so much that a fight broke out. This is just to show you how ready we are to work.
There was a time the senate where debating on paying jobless youth if there was an association like these an sure we would have done something about it..
Joblessness in Nigeria is terrible and the statistics is Huge

If u have any idea on how to go about these paste your views and opinion here or
send me an email to ehixking@gmail.com
And to the management and crew of naira land and especially the "boss" seun osewa can help us publicize this!!

You are still calling entrepreneurs less educated? There comes a time in your life, where what matters is how to feed yourself, family and put a loof over head not how many degrees you have . Maybe entrepreneurship is the best way to go!

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Bj5all(m): 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
I pray all these talk wouldn't end on nairaland. pls for as many that have any plan on how to this group from website to reality should speak out. ALL THAT WE NEED IS ACTION.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Gboliwe: 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
BOLASB: ABDULRAHMAN. 08063106309, (NORTH CENTRAL) ILORIN,KWARA
na wa
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by raystanley(m): 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
Ray Stanley representing South West (Lagos) 08161568191. Pls. Text message will be appreciated thanks...
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by coolestboy(m): 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
kel4soft: Well, as a new graduate engineer, am ready for march next year cos my state government won the Afam power plants station bid. Together with the Gas turbine at Trans-Amadi and Omoku, we can now now generate and distribute electricity. So, Rivers State govt will be recruiting 3000 engineers to be trained after employment aside the shores of the country. The quota are 2500 for indigenes and 500 for non-indigenes just like the teachers recruitment of 11000 for indigenes and 2000 for non-indigenes. I am looking forward to this once in a lifetime employment in that sector. With this information i just shared i think, i have contributed in spreading a juicy job vacancy. Trust me, Rivers State recruitment is one of the most transparent excercise you can ever go for. Asked the newly recruited teachers. Couldn't apply for the latter cos i wasn't through with service then. Just dust your CV, if you are from Rivers State or reside in the state.
Ao do one submit cv or cover letter as d case may be? I reside in rivers state but yet 2 find sth doing. Patiently waitin 4 ur response.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Chartey(m): 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
There's a similar association in Ghana, you can contact them for tips. But you must be careful not to become ready tools in the hands of the political opposition.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Forzap: 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by yunglykmine(m): 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
Afam4eva:
I have another job. Do you?
Kai!! And I use to respect this Bros oO. Bros, grow-up nau abeg.
Be reasonable.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by funshint(m): 9:05pm On Aug 18, 2013
kel4soft: Well, as a new graduate engineer, am ready for march next year cos my state government won the Afam power plants station bid. Together with the Gas turbine at Trans-Amadi and Omoku, we can now now generate and distribute electricity. So, Rivers State govt will be recruiting 3000 engineers to be trained after employment aside the shores of the country. The quota are 2500 for indigenes and 500 for non-indigenes just like the teachers recruitment of 11000 for indigenes and 2000 for non-indigenes. I am looking forward to this once in a lifetime employment in that sector. With this information i just shared i think, i have contributed in spreading a juicy job vacancy. Trust me, Rivers State recruitment is one of the most transparent excercise you can ever go for. Asked the newly recruited teachers. Couldn't apply for the latter cos i wasn't through with service then. Just dust your CV, if you are from Rivers State or reside in the state.
My broda U̶̲̥̅̊ better don't be too sure... i.e be prepared for a shocker!! Anyway best of luck!!!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 18, 2013
Of greatest Nigeria Graduates! I rep una. Solidly pledging my allegiance.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ignis: 9:06pm On Aug 18, 2013
shejane: Dats gud one, is abt tym nigerian youths shd rise up nd demand der rites. Thou am working bt am in Jane lagos 08034117693
Then you are definately not part of this association since you are working.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by hikmoj(m): 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
ehixking: Bees,ants and many other social insects despite the size of their brains,come together to build up hills for shelter,to store up food when its abundant for the next season because of the uncertainty in weather conditions or in case of famine!!

Truck drivers,mechanics,pepper grinders,market women and less educated entrepreneur also have their associations. They come together and look for ways forward!!they think ahead and avert any thing they think might be an obstruction in their various endeavors. So why can we as graduate come together to solve these problems!!

Let's use our brains to solve our own problems. The government is not ready to carter for us.
Nigeria youths are not lazy and not violent. During the Fuel subsidy crises I was in ibadan when old men were trying to protest youth were sleeping inside but during the time for recruitment by National population commission the crowd was so much that a fight broke out. This is just to show you how ready we are to work.
There was a time the senate where debating on paying jobless youth if there was an association like these an sure we would have done something about it..
Joblessness in Nigeria is terrible and the statistics is Huge

If u have any idea on how to go about these paste your views and opinion here or
send me an email to ehixking@gmail.com
And to the management and crew of naira land and especially the "boss" seun osewa can help us publicize this!!
its a welcom development.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Alonga: 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
If we can coordinate it well it be a great association, my no,08085584969Delta,south south zone.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kixo(m): 9:08pm On Aug 18, 2013
Am in....edo state, south south: 08053855665
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by EbirichBen(m): 9:09pm On Aug 18, 2013
This is a welcome development. Am interested and am Ebirich From Bayelsa..08032719661
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kel4soft: 9:09pm On Aug 18, 2013
coolestboy:
Ao do one submit cv or cover letter as d case may be? I reside in rivers state but yet 2 find sth doing. Patiently waitin 4 ur response.
You studied engineering in school? If yes! I will bookmark this page, when the forms are out. You will be the first to know. Well, they will be online. Just keep staying on nairaland. The advert will defo be displayed here.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by bigblxd(m): 9:10pm On Aug 18, 2013
@ post: This is very noble and I am in for it,kindly contact me @ bigblxd@yahoo.com, Abuja.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by rash47(m): 9:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
psucc: Abeg where are d bloggers or who will donate a website or page for this noble cause so we can register online. I think the number of unemployed has dobled with d flop of the SURE-P.

Am in,we should take dis serious nd giv wateva it takes. Unemployment kills d soul,after 4yrs @ home I got a job late last year,but was I supposed to be happy wen evry friend around me most armed wit Msc are still searching for livelyhood....NO

Am from kwara,north central zone
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by funshint(m): 9:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
abioila: I think the name "National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG)" is derogatory in a way. "National Association of potential employees (NAPE)" sounds better. undecided
Nigerians and their fake attitude. There's nothing wrong with the name infact it drives home the point. U̶̲̥̅̊'re either employed or unemployed; oya find 'ur level!!

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kel4soft: 9:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
08063973598. Sowari, Ama Port Harcourt 1st son.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by AnE1(f): 9:13pm On Aug 18, 2013
Ann Ane Akor. Middle belt. 07036934972
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by colossus2: 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
Afam4eva: Lol At least something to keep them busy before they get a real job.
Why are you so daft?

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by rman: 9:15pm On Aug 18, 2013
What will be the aim and objectives?

Being unemployed isn't the problem with most unemployed graduates, limiting themselves by seeking only paid employment is the problem. There is so much to be done in our immediate environment that no one with a university education should be unemployed. And yes, if you think something is been done already, repackage it with better service delivery.

Come together to share ideas but not to seek sympathy.

2 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by damy20042013: 9:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
I think dis group is ok, but we have to educated ourselves oooooo, in other to get things done
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Drdreluv: 9:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
Bro can you help me to sumit my fcsc form @fed secc ilorin pls i will send it to via post
BOLASB: ABDULRAHMAN. 08063106309, (NORTH CENTRAL) ILORIN,KWARA
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by benzion72(m): 9:18pm On Aug 18, 2013
This is a good begining of a mass movement, I will be ready to advise educate and counsel.
But we must know that our government cannot help us, we are the one who can help our government, most graduate are one more skill away from a good job. Take for example a graduate that learn to drive will be a good sales agent.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Seyixyz: 9:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
Nigerian youth,use ur head..U are educated..Dis association will contend wit d strongest voices in Nigeria if we giv it lyf..Or must we continue 2 suffer & die in silence?We deserve far better dan wat we are getin 4rm our government.Yet,som gullible ones here are stil makin a joke of dis even wen they cannot buy jus a wrapper 4 dia mum or recharge card 4 dia siblins..I strongly support dis association..It is not 4ny..Thou,i'm stil servin nw..But i rili feel d pains of my fellow Nigerian graduates out dia..I'm ready 2 fyt 4 dis course..08188305099..North-Central Nigeria
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by hollandis(f): 9:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
funshint:
Nigerians and their fake attitude. There's nothing wrong with the name infact it drives home the point. U̶̲̥̅̊'re either employed or unemployed; oya find 'ur level!!
u dey mind am?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by badmeat(m): 9:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
Afam!you r a by bicycle!why insult peoples effort to make a changesad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Pharmacists Or Doctors,who Are Richer? / How Much Are Air Hostesses Or Flight Attendants Paid In Nigeria? / Sandra: From Gokada Driver To Uber Driver Courtesy Of Kokun Foundation (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.