Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) - Career (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (59808 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kinnad(m): 6:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
ehixking:

I have applied for it at the coperate affiars comission, the resilt would be out in 5 working days
Good! That odd name is reason the turnout was poor.All d people i invited refused to show up just because of that name.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by cdoffx(m): 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2013
ehixking:

I have applied for it at the coperate affiars comission, the resilt would be out in 5 working days
weldone bro. Thats cool
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by jukwesino: 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
i lik dis too itz encouragin to form such force bt am wrkin already winki lik dis too itz encouragin to form such force bt am wrkin already
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yinkaolu(m): 10:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
jukwesino: i lik dis too itz encouragin to form such force bt am wrkin already winki lik dis too itz encouragin to form such force bt am wrkin already

There are working class Nigerians that are passionate about bringing a better lot to the nation in becoming a better place for her graduates to live. U can still be part of this association bearing it in mind that it is no longer association of unemployed graduate but association of Nigerian graduates against unemployment both employed and unemployed alike.
Thanks as we all work hand in hand for a better Nigeria.
It begins with US!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 12:05am On Sep 11, 2013
Yinkaolu:

There are working class Nigerians that are passionate about bringing a better lot to the nation in becoming a better place for her graduates to live. U can still be part of this association bearing it in mind that it is no longer association of unemployed graduate but association of Nigerian graduates against unemployment both employed and unemployed alike.
Thanks as we all work hand in hand for a better Nigeria.
It begins with US!

Well, you guys have spoken well but always remember that unemployment is not a disease neither is it a curse. And for those that didn't show up because they don't want to associate themselves with the tag" unemployed"...we are not begging for members...its the same name you guys are shying away from that attracted you in the first place. This isn't hiphop so Trying to "Funkify" the name is not the issue but solving the problem at a glance when the name is heard!
People already know where we stand for anyway!
Its ok because we all have a point.
But the idea that some people didn't attend the meeting because of the name is not in anyway reasonable because almost everyone(80%) present on saturday are all employed
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Sunnycliff(m): 11:12am On Sep 11, 2013
kinnad: So what happens to that facebook page when the name is changed? you pple led the cart before the horse, and still continue to

Why are you sounding pessimistic?

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by realteflon(m): 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
The word "AGAINST" should be inscribed somewhere in the association
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 3:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
real-teflon:

Kindly look at the said name that's widely accepted..
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 3:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
real-teflon:
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by 100Whykay(m): 8:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
Yusphull: My special appreciation goes to the trio of Ehix, Yinka and Damsel for there relentless effort in the cause of humanity and in making this country a better place to live in, may God almighty attend to everything that concerns you guys.

Let me also use this medium to thank all the people that presented themself that day in making history and ensuring the meeting took place as scheduled coz without you guys all our efforts would have been futile and to those of us that wish to come but couldn't make it due to an unforeseen circumstances may almighty Allah bless us and crown our effort with good success..

The BBM group is still functioning, the FB is having more popularity and our Twitter Handle too is gaining more followers by days, so for the people that neither possesses a BB nor a twitter account we now deem it fit to create another group on Whatsapp so that we can get much people involve and carry all of us along without leaving anybody out.

So if you wanna join the group add me Yusuff (08064677418)....

#peace

Thanks @Yusphull.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 11:39pm On Sep 11, 2013
I want to use this medium to appeal to everyone of us here that has shown interest in joining this cause to plss let us all join hands together towards actualizing our goals of making this society a better place for we the employed and the unemployed graduates by not leaving the cross to the OP to bear all alone, its our fight.

So let's take this struggle serious and let publicize our association by proclaiming her name loudly on our social media network be it Facebook, Twitter, BBM and even on Whatsapp so that we will gain enough popularity that we want coz "what is worth doing, worth doing well"

I normally update my status on FB everyday wiv this msg:
I'm using this medium to call on all graduates nationwide to pls like our page NAUG "National Association of Unemployed Graduates" coz its a new association created to serve as a catalyst for we graduates to ginger our morale and as a wake up call for us to fight for our bereaved right from our government.
Thanks
Membership is FREE

You too can add ur own swag to it....

I stand to be corrected Ooo..... Just an observation !!!!!

#peace
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 5:32am On Sep 12, 2013
Did you know that?
1) Nigeria has plans, agendas and policies that ranks amongst the best in the world
2) The RBDA(which is an imitation of the Tennessee river basin development authority of USA that provided jobs to at least 2million americans), even with this same motive of job creation to employ youths, make nigeria self sufficient in fish production,provide water for irrigation to rural farmer and provide electricity

But the last time I was in Ogun-osun river basin in Abeokuta what I saw was different
1)Workers sleeping,
2)Pure water production and packaging
3) Dilapidated offices and building
4)Everything in a state of despair

Boards after boards and committees after committees would squander money on holding meetings and after the money has been shared into various bank accounts, the amount that gets to the Managing director won't be enough for anything and he also, being a part of the system might just do justice to the money and it goes on and on till....nothing tangible is achieved
Until we the youth come out to fight corruption, mismanagement of public funds and stress the need for industrialisation and Agriculture we would keep employing staffs to sleep,ministries won't work and unemployment will increase at a rate we never thought it would.
Until we graduates demand our right to build our nation ourselves- graduate would keep taking 10,000 Naira jobs and think that's the end of the world.

Ehis Abuya
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by LongT(m): 10:14am On Sep 12, 2013
I am fully in support of any venture that will have a positive impact in the life of youths, whose rights have been bastardized for too long.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by dougivilla(m): 2:20pm On Sep 12, 2013
ehixking:

Well, you guys have spoken well but always remember that unemployment is not a disease neither is it a curse. And for those that didn't show up because they don't want to associate themselves with the tag" unemployed"...we are not begging for members...its the same name you guys are shying away from that attracted you in the first place. This isn't hiphop so Trying to "Funkify" the name is not the issue but solving the problem at a glance when the name is heard!
But the idea that some people didn't attend the meeting because of the name is not in anyway reasonable because almost everyone(80%) present on saturday are all employed
While I like to congratulate you sir, on this noble idea and the success of the inaugural meeting and pray for greater strenght on you and all others in this 'movement', I, with all due respect consider it a fraud for a gainfully employed graduate or a graduate-entrepreneur with control over a sizeable staff strenght to be a member of an association of unemployed graduates. An association conotes 'similarity'. You don't have okada riders in bakers' association or NUPENG members in NANS etc.

Some of us will rather support from the sidelines as its impracticable to be 'real' members, and we consider it 'justifiable' or 'reasonable' enough not to be there. Some of us also wrote, spoke with you and suggested the need for a name change to cover a wider spectrum.

Again, your uncommon zeal and drive is commendable, but as a leader of a national body, your utterances should be moderated. Not even the PDP that is touted to be the largest party in Africa, will have its chairman or senior members make statements like 'we are not begging for members'. Me thinks: every addition is a plus!! Just like 'people perish without a vision, visions perish without the right people. The more people you have, the more ideas are contributed and the more the pool of human resource to choose from. I'd rather you said something like ''name modification is in the process and we hope to have better physical and online participation especially from the employed and entrepreneurs amongst us, going forward''. You must appreciate the fact that you have become a leader and every word from you now counts. **MySingleCent**

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by dougivilla(m): 2:20pm On Sep 12, 2013
ehixking:

While I like to congratulate you sir, on this noble idea and the success of the inaugural meeting and pray for greater strenght on you and all others in this 'movement', I, with all due respect consider it a fraud for a gainfully employed graduate or a graduate-entrepreneur with control over a sizeable staff strenght to be a member of an association of unemployed graduates. An association conotes 'similarity'. You don't have okada riders in bakers' association or NUPENG members in NANS etc.

Some of us will rather support from the sidelines as its impracticable to be 'real' members, and we consider it 'justifiable' or 'reasonable' enough not to be there. Some of us also wrote, spoke with you and suggested the need for a name change to cover a wider spectrum.

Again, your uncommon zeal and drive is commendable, but as a leader of a national body, your utterances should be moderated. Not even the PDP that is touted to be the largest party in Africa, will have its chairman or senior members make statements like 'we are not begging for members'. Me thinks: every addition is a plus!! Just like 'people perish without a vision, visions perish without the right people. The more people you have, the more ideas are contributed and the more the pool of human resource to choose from. I'd rather you said something like ''name modification is in the process and we hope to have better physical and online participation especially from the employed and entrepreneurs amongst us, going forward''. You must appreciate the fact that you have become a leader and every word from you now counts. **MySingleCent**

3 Likes

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by olu4life(m): 4:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
@dougivilla,please don't misquote Ehis. The 80% stated are actually all underemployed. I was present at the meeting. The association isn't all about the unemployed; the underemployed are also involved. I hope its clear sir?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 4:54pm On Sep 12, 2013
dougivilla: While I like to congratulate you sir, on this noble idea and the success of the inaugural meeting and pray for greater strenght on you and all others in this 'movement', I, with all due respect consider it a fraud for a gainfully employed graduate or a graduate-entrepreneur with control over a sizeable staff strenght to be a member of an association of unemployed graduates. An association conotes 'similarity'. You don't have okada riders in bakers' association or NUPENG members in NANS etc.

Thanks so much....Noted
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by kemtol(f): 5:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
This is to inform all prospective members for this great cause from ABEOKUTA and OGUN STATE at large to get incontact with DAMMY on 08080997344 or 08108023630 or bb on 287E19F4 or kemi_adebogun@yahoo.com. We have too much to do to sit on the fence. We need you to step out of the gray twillight into the bright sunlight so that we all can see the dawn of a new day. PEACE.

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
I can still remember very vividly a song we used to sing back then in church............

"Faith of our fathers, living still,
In spite of dungeon, fire and sword;
O how our hearts beat high with joy
Whenever we hear that glorious Word!"

This is the songs our children would sing for us if we can fight these evil called unemployment
By asking to be productive in our society
We are indirectly asking the government to be responsible,transparent and accountable to its citizens
Malaysia used to be unproductive and economic activity was really nothing to write home about in fact Nigeria donated to them their first Palm tree
Why can't we ask them how they made it that far in just a couple of years!
Did they achieve that while corruption was still the other of the day?
Did their government keep encouraging entrepreneurship without enabling environment?
...today they import palm oil into Nigeria
Let's think about making nigeria into a highly productive and industrialised economy
Let's involve the youth in mechanised agriculture
Word on the streets
(government should take note)
"Make una dey chop una oye(oil) money just give us peanut make we take am plant cocoa and cassava"
National Coordinator in the struggle against unemployment in Nigeria
Ehis ABUYA
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 6:45pm On Sep 13, 2013
WHO ARE THE LEADER'S OF TOMORROW ?

In 1983, Bamanga Tukur was the
Governor of the defunct Gongola
State (now Adamawa & Taraba) and 30 years later, he is today the
Chairman of the ruling Party, The PDP..

Dr. Bello Halliru was commissioner in the Old Sokoto State (now Sokoto, Kebbi & Zamfara) and 33 years after he is today Minister of Defence....

Major General David Mark(rtd) was the military governor of Niger State in 1984 and 28years later he is today the Senate President....

Gov. Murtala Nyako was the governor of Niger State in 1976 and 36years later he is today the Governor of Adamawa State....

Ogbonnaya Onu was governor of
Abia State in 1992 and 20years after he is today the National Chairman of ANPP...

Gov. David Jonah Jang was the governor of Benue State in 1985 and 27years after he is today the governor of plateau state....

Martins Elechi the Ebonyi State Governor is over 80 years old!

Only in Nigeria is this possible, where the youth of today have no hope into the future! Where do we go from here??

People Deceive People (PDP), 1985, IBB was the president of Nigeria and our teachers told us that Buhari was the former Head of state.. Our teacher also called us "the leaders of tomorrow".. 27years later, IBB and Buhari are still contesting for Presidency.. Its either our teacher lied to us about being the leaders of tomorrow smh Or tomorrow is yet to come.. Who's fooling who?

Some of us ran out of the country, Obasanjo went abroad chasing them, telling all nations to deport Nigerian youths.

Let's stand and fight for our right coz we are the leaders of Today... Pls let all of us employed and unemployed join forces together in making this dream of ours a reality and fight for the unborn. We can't continue like this....

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Gbolagade Yusuff.......#signed#

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 7:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
WHO ARE THE LEADERS OF TOMORROW ?

In 1983, Bamanga Tukur was the
Governor of the defunct Gongola
State (now Adamawa & Taraba) and 30 years later, he is today the
Chairman of the ruling Party, The PDP..

Dr. Bello Halliru was commissioner in the Old Sokoto State (now Sokoto, Kebbi & Zamfara) and 33 years after he is today Minister of Defence....

Major General David Mark(rtd) was the military governor of Niger State in 1984 and 28years later he is today the Senate President....

Gov. Murtala Nyako was the governor of Niger State in 1976 and 36years later he is today the Governor of Adamawa State....

Ogbonnaya Onu was governor of
Abia State in 1992 and 20years after he is today the National Chairman of ANPP...

Gov. David Jonah Jang was the governor of Benue State in 1985 and 27years after he is today the governor of plateau state....

Martins Elechi the Ebonyi State Governor is over 80 years old!

Only in Nigeria is this possible, where the youth of today have no hope into the future! Where do we go from here??

People Deceive People (PDP), 1985, IBB was the president of Nigeria and our teachers told us that Buhari was the former Head of state.. Our teacher also called us "the leaders of tomorrow".. 27years later, IBB and Buhari are still contesting for Presidency.. Its either our teacher lied to us about being the leaders of tomorrow smh Or tomorrow is yet to come.. Who's fooling who?

Some of us ran out of the country, Obasanjo went abroad chasing them, telling all nations to deport Nigerian youths.

Let's stand and fight for our right coz we are the leaders of Today... Pls let all of us employed and unemployed join forces together in making this dream of ours a reality and fight for the unborn. We can't continue like this....

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

.... The timidity of the Omnipotent is the commencement of sagacity...

Gbolagade Yusuff.......#signed#
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Yinkaolu(m): 8:29pm On Sep 13, 2013
Mike Ozekhome, an abducted and released human activist narrates his ordeal:

"Moving forward, Ozekhome urged the federal government to declare a state of
emergency on insecurity. According to him, a situation where none of us is safe on the road, in the air, on the water, in the day time or at night is a serious and monumental problem and we cannot continue to fold our hands. He linked the problem of insecurity fundamentally to the massive youth unemployment
in the country which he described as complex and gargantuan. Consequently, he called on the government to declare a state of emergency on youth
unemployment as any further delay may spell doom for the nation. He described youth
unemployment as the father of Boko Haram, militancy, kidnapping and robbery."

For real, unemployment is the bedrock of Nigeria's problems, tackle it headlong and then we will have a stable Nigeria
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ksbusari(m): 12:15pm On Sep 14, 2013
I'm in total support of the association bt Osun State (Osogbo) is far. Wot can we do in Osun State.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by laughterclub(m): 3:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
NIGER DELTA UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA.08107503455
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 4:04pm On Sep 14, 2013
We the youth owns the earth
As graduates our knowledge makes us capable of anything
The strength of our youth coupled with our number....let's fly like eagles with a strength so strong.
The Barton has not been passed to us in any way but we have to snatch it
Its time for nation building,its time to make our country a better place.
To those calling me and thinking they can distract me....Am not a fool!!
Those that attended the meeting would tell you what we stand for! A new nigeria that cannot be compromised by religion,tradition,politics most especially...so there is a hint once you think you wanna come through any of this means to distract us..well we are waiting to disappoint you
The opening prayer of the meeting was done individually in our heart...just because we believe there is a God somewhere!
Our religion hasn't really helped matters,out traditional leaders are not talking because of the allocations they collect regularly
Our politicians are busy campaigning against 2015
Well, we shall all see where we stand soon
Our interest is just Gainful employment of graduates
Its as simple as that
To those thinking it would be hijacked just watch us and be our strength and encouragement is all we need from you
The vision of that poor common man shall soon see...the long awaited dream of A New Nigeria
The time has come,the time is NOW

N.C
Ehis Abuya

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by REXtern: 10:32am On Sep 15, 2013
if u need a job, there is a company looking for reliable people in the recruitment and marketing dept.

Bsc, HND, ND can apply in any facullty.
Send ur CVs to jobsatwellness@gmail.com.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by OCTAVO: 10:48am On Sep 15, 2013
REXtern: if u need a job, there is a company looking for reliable people in the recruitment and marketing dept.

Bsc, HND, ND can apply in any facullty.
Send ur CVs to jobsatwellness@gmail.com.
To sell drugs shey? grin
Employ your FAFs!

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ksbusari(m): 12:06pm On Sep 15, 2013
Osun State. NAUG. Call this Number 07065312433
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by 6june: 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
Am in, I can track ijebu region, like ijebuode,ijebuigbo, ijebuife, ilese, ogbere etc. Oba6june@yahoo.com
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by ehixking(m): 4:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) by Nelrulez(m): 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
Let's support dis revolution... I'm fully involved. Adeleke NELSON Adedoyin.. 08134340182:. IB representing..

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Police Officer, Uju Okeke Promoted Today. Shares Photos / Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) / Parade By Boys Of Nigerian Military School Zaria Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.