Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,782 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

I'm 30 And Still Battles Stammering Problem! Someone Help Me Please - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm 30 And Still Battles Stammering Problem! Someone Help Me Please (942 Views)

Please Any Remedy For Stammering / HERBS For Permanent Cure For STAMMERING/STUTTERING / Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm 30 And Still Battles Stammering Problem! Someone Help Me Please by thankyou247(m): 11:51am On Aug 09, 2013
This problem started from childhood and everybody was hoping i will stop it when i grow up. but now am 30yrs and the problem still remains or even increasing. Chronic Stammering! Please what do i do to cure this embarrassment challenge. It embarrasses me everyday. I said is time to open up and see how i can get help. ANY Proven solution? I don't mind if it is via spiritually, mentally or naturally. Whatever, Please TELL ME. This shameless solution is hurting me on the inside.

THANK YOU IN ADVICE.
Re: I'm 30 And Still Battles Stammering Problem! Someone Help Me Please by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2013
thankyou247: This problem started from childhood and everybody was hoping i will stop it when i grow up. but now am 30yrs and the problem still remains or even increasing. Chronic Stammering! Please what do i do to cure this embarrassment challenge. It embarrasses me everyday. I said is time to open up and see how i can get help. ANY Proven solution? I don't mind if it is via spiritually, mentally or naturally. Whatever, Please TELL ME. This shameless solution is hurting me on the inside.

THANK YOU IN ADVICE.

I think there is little you can do about it now but, talking softly n choosing your words carefully might help. Also, never talk when you are angry. Try practicing words you say every time n gain some confidence in talking to people. Lastly, don't get discouraged or depressed someday, people will get to appreciate your condition n stop faulting your speech. Life is fun n Every person have their own challenges, they just know how to overcome it. *cheers

1 Like

Re: I'm 30 And Still Battles Stammering Problem! Someone Help Me Please by nedu2000(m): 12:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
There's no-no-no-nothing embar-embar-rassing about stammer-mer-mer-mering grin,when people seem 2 laugh or make fun of you,join in the fun!!!cheers

1 Like

Re: I'm 30 And Still Battles Stammering Problem! Someone Help Me Please by thankyou247(m): 12:56pm On Aug 09, 2013
nedu2000: There's no-no-no-nothing embar-embar-rassing about stammer-mer-mer-mering grin,when people seem 2 laugh or make fun of you,join in the fun!!!cheers
You are here in NL Health section just to make mocking of people's problem?. God is watching u. and you will surly reap wat you are sowing. This is not a joke matter.

1 Like

Re: I'm 30 And Still Battles Stammering Problem! Someone Help Me Please by dryakson(m): 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2013
Am also in your shoe guy, am working on mine by trying to speak slowly but not that slowly, if people ask what are you doing, tell them you are working on your stammering.
Don't be shy of your condition I know you have a special talent with you
Try to be reading loud when alone to give you confidence and don't forget to extrovert
Re: I'm 30 And Still Battles Stammering Problem! Someone Help Me Please by demmy55(m): 2:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
I know a chronic stammerer who doesn't stammer while he is singing. If that is applicable to you, I don't know if talking as if you are singing will help.
Re: I'm 30 And Still Battles Stammering Problem! Someone Help Me Please by nedu2000(m): 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
thankyou247: You are here in NL Health section just to make mocking of people's problem?. God is watching u. and you will surly reap wat you are sowing. This is not a joke matter.
look I wear glasses & I was made fun off in school but despite the earlier difficulties in was still able to get into the school football team & acquired popularity,some people have big eyes,ears whiles yours is that you stammer,your problem isn't abt d solution to your stammering but the ability to live life to its fullest with it,saint Paul had an ailment all through him missionary days,Moses was stammerer as well but they are idolized today
Re: I'm 30 And Still Battles Stammering Problem! Someone Help Me Please by thankyou247(m): 4:16pm On Aug 09, 2013
nedu2000: look I wear glasses & I was made fun off in school but despite the earlier difficulties in was still able to get into the school football team & acquired popularity,some people have big eyes,ears whiles yours is that you stammer,your problem isn't abt d solution to your stammering but the ability to live life to its fullest with it,saint Paul had an ailment all through him missionary days,Moses was stammerer as well but they are idolized today
i wouldn't have said that if you start it off with this comment. thanks anyway, but as you know sometimes in life we have to find solution to our problem even if it requires asking people. And that's y i asked that here. Then i don't plan to live with it, i want to get rid of it for it is not God's plan for my life. I know there is sometin wrong somewhere. May be it's late to know that i have a problem, but believe that sometin can be done abt it.
Re: I'm 30 And Still Battles Stammering Problem! Someone Help Me Please by dregmaster: 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
The solution has been given already. 1. Talk only when u a relaxed. Don't talk when angry, just keep quiet when angry. Sometimes silence is golden. 2. Try 2 speak as if u a singing cos u don't stammer when u sing. U could even use d english accent and phonetics. I bet u could be the best orator in town. 3. Don't try 2 speak slowly or carefully, rather off hand and freely. Align your mouth with ur fast thinking brain. Try these and give us a feedback on the result. Rem anger is ur enemy during talking times while smile and laughter helps.

1 Like

Re: I'm 30 And Still Battles Stammering Problem! Someone Help Me Please by Sirniyeh(m): 8:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
I will be back shortly! God is in control.....
Re: I'm 30 And Still Battles Stammering Problem! Someone Help Me Please by sotum2: 9:37pm On Aug 09, 2013
Re: I'm 30 And Still Battles Stammering Problem! Someone Help Me Please by thankyou247(m): 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2013
Thanks for all your replies. People are really cheating and taking advantage of me b/c of this my stammering conditions. I need how i can get rid of this problem and speech well.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Pls Reconfirm / How To Make A Home Made Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse / HELP: My Baby's Body Is Hot After A Wk Of Been Discharge Frm Hsptal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.