Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel (2884 Views)

Ademola Fashola Gushes Over His Girlfriend (pics) / JUST IN!!! Tension In Aba, Onitsha As Youths Threaten War / Crude Oil Gushes-Out Of Taps In Kogi Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by fyneguy: 1:42pm On Aug 09, 2013
Palpable fear yesterday gripped residents of Onitsha, Anambra State, over alleged gushing out of ‘blood’ from the demolished Upper Class Hotel owned by Mr. Bonaventure Mokwe.

The hotel was demolished on the orders of the state government over alleged involvement in ritual activities, with the owner, said to have inherited the property from his father in 1971, detained since Thursday, August 1, 2013.

Residents in the early hours of yesterday trooped out to the demolished hotel to have a glimpse of the said red liquid that littered the ground in the place.

As at the time of filling this report, the residents were still seen in their hundreds trooping to the scene to see what many of them described as bizarre.

The detained owner had since offered a defence, saying the incident was a set up by perceived enemies who did not want his progress.

But Governor Obi disagreed, insisting that the government’s demolition of Mokwe’s property, where two human skulls and two AK47 rifles were found, would have psychological effect on the suspect and also serve as deterrent to others.

The President of Ndigbo Unity Forum, Mr Augustin Chukwudum, however, advised Governor Obi to convert such confiscated buildings to police barracks instead of demolishing them, to help solve accommodation problem of the police.

Mokwe was arrested on Thursday, August 1, 2013, at about 11am in his office at the hotel in Onitsha. Mokwe’s wife, Mrs. Nkiru Mokwe, a Chief State Counsel in the state’s Ministry of Justice, was earlier arrested with her husband but released 12 hours after.

The police had displayed two dry human skulls and two AK47 assault rifles which they claimed were recovered in one of the rooms in the hotel. The room in question was on the 1st floor of the three-storey building.

Mokwe’s property located in another area was said to have also been demolished by the same team supported by security operatives. The tenants of the building were said to have been evicted before the demolition took place.

http://www.mydailynewswatchng.com/2013/08/09/tension-in-onitsha-as-blood-gushes-out-from-demolished-hotel/
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by princesammmy: 1:47pm On Aug 09, 2013
na wa o
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by OneNaira6: 1:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
hmmm. something tells me there were people stuck in the building during the demolish of the hotel. Did obi or any of his men bothered to check the facility at all before they began. and check, i meant search every little corner of the hotel. if the hotel harbored ritualist, it probably harbored kidnappers as well. hmmm, in my opinion, the blame goes to both the owner of the hotel and peter obi.
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by RtFNJ: 2:00pm On Aug 09, 2013
One_Naira: hmmm. something tells me there were people stuck in the building during the demolish of the hotel. Did obi or any of his men bothered to check the facility at all before they began. and check, i meant search every little corner of the hotel. if the hotel harbored ritualist, it probably harbored kidnappers as well. hmmm, in my opinion, the blame goes to both the owner of the hotel and peter obi.
mtchwwwwww... Out of point(OP)

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by admitme(m): 2:13pm On Aug 09, 2013
Super story grin
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by ednut1(m): 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2013
Foolish bloggers/journalists agains, soon dey will start arrestin u guys, beta still get a job

1 Like

Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
Bizarre ...
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by nedufantasy(m): 3:27pm On Aug 09, 2013
AKUKO IKOJA grin
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 09, 2013
Onisha residents don't have camera phone

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2013
Irumole sef de get DNA.. abi who get the blood?
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 09, 2013
looking more like a set up now. seems someone sprinkled goat blood there just to fool the masses. The report looks like what you would see on the Scooby doo cartoon series.
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2013
make them wait make i go bring drum come fetch free blood. After fetching na blood bank straight

¤blood money tinz¤
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by doctokwus: 5:12pm On Aug 09, 2013
sheyie2007: Onisha residents don't have camera phone
U shud rather ask d amateur blogger ur question.Some pple want to b bloggers& can't even spin a believable story!
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by overdrive(m): 5:34pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ok next.
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by yiboboy: 5:45pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ahahahaha. . . live horror movie!

Nollywood producers should haul a/s/s pronto to location, that would make a good scene in subsequent production.

A typical title would be. . . THE BLEEDING HOTEL! lipsrsealed
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by Blesyn014(m): 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2013
sheyie2007: Onisha residents don't have camera phone
My thought exactly.
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by fyneguy: 6:31pm On Aug 09, 2013
doctokwus:
U shud rather ask d amateur blogger ur question.Some pple want to b bloggers& can't even spin a believable story!

Blogger? Did you mean the newspaper- Daily Newswatch- couldnt upload pictures on their site?
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2013
I was hoping to see pictures as proof
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by doctokwus: 7:32pm On Aug 09, 2013
fyneguy:

Blogger? Did you mean the newspaper- Daily Newswatch- couldnt upload pictures on their site?
Any so called newspaper dat can't upload pix to back up a story in 2days digital age does not justify d tag of newspaper,so it qualifies for a blog by me
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by kokoA(m): 7:42pm On Aug 09, 2013
hovcard: make them wait make i go bring drum come fetch free blood. After fetching na blood bank straight

¤blood money tinz¤
your love for blood scares me. You be winch?
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by PapaBrowne(m): 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2013
And there is not a single picture in this 2013 that even Nokia Torch phone sef don get camera.
Re: Tension In Onitsha As ‘blood’ Gushes Out From Demolished Hotel by kunlesehan(m): 11:52pm On Aug 09, 2013
the hotel bled...

and JESUS wept.

(1) (Reply)

Why Wasn't The APGA Candidate Invited To The Lagos Governorship Debate? / Buhari's Promise Of N1 To Us$1 / Fatal Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Lagos Kills A Bike Man(Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.