Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,867 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland (22492 Views)

Omotola Meets Beyonce's Mum,Tina Knowles(photo) / Lilian Bach & Shan George In New Selfie Photo / Half Caste Actresses: Lilian Bach Vs Caroline Danjuma Vs Queeneth Hilbert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by isonlagba: 6:24pm On Aug 09, 2013
'It's a wonderful place to be': Tina Turner opens up about marriage after tying the knot with Erwin Bach in dramatic green and black gown
By JENNIFER RUBY (Reuters)

She tied the knot with her long-term love Erwin Bach at a private ceremony in Switzerland over the weekend.
And now Tina Turner has opened up about the wedding, for which she wore a green and black silk Armani gown with Swarovski crystals.
Describing marriage as 'a wonderful place to be', the 73-year-old music icon admitted that she wanted to put her own stamp on a traditional American ceremony. Her list of high profile guests included Oprah Winfrey, the world's richest celebrity, who suffered a seeming racist attack whilst shopping in a Swiss shop.

Tina admitted that she saw the gown on a catwalk in Beijing and decided that she had to have the eye-catching creation.

'I thought, 'I gotta have that, even if I never wear it'', she said. 'Then I thought, 'I know, that will be my wedding dress'.'

And while Tina made sure that all eyes were on her in the dramatic silk wedding dress, all the female guests wore white and the men wore black tie.

Describing the type of ceremony that they had, the practicing Buddhist said: 'The American tradition I grew up with, tailoring it a little bit to me.'

According to Swiss media, 120 guests were invited to the event at the couple's Swiss home, the Chateau Algonquin estate in the Kuesnacht municipality on last Sunday.

They also reportedly increased the security at their party by having wedding planners put up a red canvas screen at the foot of their garden, as well as police cordoning off the water outside their property.

However, police spokeswoman Esther Surber told AFP that the zone was cordoned off 'not because Tina Turner wants this (but) to avoid many boats' crowding near the manor in Kuesnacht, on Lake Zurich.

The couple, who have been together for 27 years after meeting at Heathrow airport, jetted off to Italy after the wedding for their honeymoon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2378734/Tina-Turner-opens-marriage-tying-knot-Erwin-Bach.html#ixzz2bUdB63dI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

1 Like

Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Rachy12(f): 9:19pm On Aug 09, 2013
Congrats to her.
Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
the lady surely has good genes

5 Likes

Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by kunlesehan(m): 12:03am On Aug 10, 2013
back in the day she had hot legs.
Tina's legs were a head-turner. Simply the best!

Wedding at 73, what's love gotta do with it ?... it's for the records I presume... lol

Congrats, long life and bliss those are my wishes for u.

7 Likes

Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 10, 2013
73 years, what's love got to do with it?

4 Likes

Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 10, 2013
DAMN!!! And she doesn't look a day older than 72.

1 Like

Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by tomakint: 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
Tina Turner, the ageless Diva cool
Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by tomakint: 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ageless Tina, a victim of domestic violence (when she was married to or living with Ike, her former manager later husband)! A presumed late comer to the showbiz world (was in her late forties when she hit the limelight) yet undeterred, she came, she saw, she conquered! Tina Turner is a living proof on how to become a 'True Legend'! Congrats to you Tina, you are 'Simply the BEST!'

11 Likes

Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 10, 2013
Wishing dem all d best u can find love at any age. Just hope its not all dis their 2 months celebrity marriages
Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 10, 2013
she need to go marry her bowl of soup in the nursing home. thats what she need to do
Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by BabaAlabi: 6:15pm On Aug 10, 2013
I remember the beating Ike turner gave Tina in the film...Even if it was just a movie, I really could feel her pains. It is nice to know that no matter how dark your past has been, you can begin anew. HML Tina.

2 Likes

Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Damsman10(m): 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2013
Happy married life
Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 10, 2013
obadiah777: she need to go marry her bowl of soup in the nursing home. thats what she need to do

Buzu, be nice now!

@ thread, I hope my genes are as 'yekeable' as hers, she looks so darn good.

1 Like

Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by samakson(m): 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2013
Make my mama self come go find better man marry ooo

1 Like

Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 10, 2013
naijababe:

Buzu, be nice now!

@ thread, I hope my genes are as 'yekeable' as hers, she looks so darn good.
grin grin wink sup with ya mami
Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 10, 2013
*singing* what's love got to do with it...
Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 10, 2013
obadiah777: she need to go marry her bowl of soup in the nursing home. thats what she need to do
i knew there would always be a raving lunatic in every thread.simple happy married life,you cannot wish a fellow human being like you :/

i dont know what your problem is,always hating on every successful woman as if she caused your misfortune :/ try and have sense for once in your life,please :/

12 Likes

Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Chimoski87(m): 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
Her list of high profile guests
included Oprah Winfrey, the world's richest
celebrity

Some reporters can be dame STUPID. How is. Oprah d richest celebrity & what qualifies someone to be a celebrity. Is d like of Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Roman Abramovich, Aliko Dangote not celebrity & does Oprah have 10%
Of these guys wealth?

1 Like

Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
kulyie: i knew there would always be a raving mad lunatic in every thread.simple happy married life,you cannot wish a fellow human being like you :/
and how are ya this pleasant afternoon mademoiselle wink

3 Likes

Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2013
obadiah777: and how are ya this pleasant afternoon mademoiselle wink
grin so you are forming mr perfect gentle man ehen cheesy when you and i know you are far from being one through your utterances on nairaland cheesy anyway i am fine,how are you too wink

4 Likes

Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2013
Congrats to them
Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by lacosteIII(m): 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2013
really??, sweet couple grin
Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2013
kulyie: grin so you are forming mr perfect gentle man ehen cheesy when you and i know you are far from being one through your utterances on nairaland cheesy anyway i am fine,how are you too wink
*singing* i no be gentleman again oooooooo <<< fela. all is well we thank God. trust all is well at ya end too wink

1 Like

Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 10, 2013
73??
Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by mediachirps(m): 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2013
dude is a gold digger but in smarter way cause he knows, sooner than later the old lady will all die soon, then flexing things continue. I wonder what she was doing till that age? punkass
Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2013
kissWow! 73? shocked shocked She doesn't even look 60 sef...happy married life Tina....I love that gown kiss

1 Like

Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by DICKtator: 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2013
Too bad Oparah couldn't "afford" the present she wanted to give her!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by tuttifrutti: 6:39pm On Aug 10, 2013
Nice one tina....even tho its a bit late if you ask me...
Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by mencade5(m): 6:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
*keke, please stop me here*

in D'banj's voice: driver abeg give me my ten naira change

tina turner marry at 73? Kai
Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by biafranqueen: 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2013
mollytinrox: 73??
70 is the new 40 check these ladies out https://www.nairaland.com/1390332/sexy-70-plus-years-old Eat right, think right, act right
Congrats TT
Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by Feedmemore(f): 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2013
I 'm happy for the diva cool

Wishing her a happy married life.
Re: Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland by kingston247: 6:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
This woman na Vampire...she no dey old..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fans Gift Saga An iPhone 13 And A Money Cake (Video) / Omoni Oboli Mourns The Death Of Sam Sarpong With Heartbreaking Message / Osas Ighodaro's Dress Was The Best At AMVCA 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.