Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,030 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law (5495 Views)

SORROW TO JOY: Woman Delivers Triplets Day Murdered Son Was Buried (picture) / Justice At Last For Nigerian Wife Murdered By Husband In Florida 4 Years Ago / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by carolinecandy: 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
My mother in-law really made my life miserable. There was nothing I did to ever please her. Ever since I got married to her only son about three year ago, she had literally moved in to our house. She was always dictating to me how to take care of my husband, what meals he eats, even telling me what kind of soap I should use to wash his clothes. I tried talking to my husband about this attitude of his mother, but he kept on shrugging it aside. His sisters too didn’t help matters either, their main issue being that my husband was their “only” brother and support ever since their dad passed away over 10 years ago. Having lost my own mother at a very young age, I felt I was just being unnecessarily harsh so I left most of her antics slide while I suffered in silence.

Another thing that really made things worse between us was I didn't get pregnant immediately. My mother-in-law always jumped at any opportunity to remind me of this. She kept on telling my husband, even to my face, that she doesn't want to die without seeing her grandchild. All this she kept saying in their language (they are Yoruba while I’m from Rivers state). Even though I don’t understand a word of their language, I still had that feeling of what they always talked about.

The whole issue of their hatred towards me stemmed from the fact that they had wanted a particular friend of theirs to get married to him. Their mother had supported their decision and the girl had even been visiting her and giving her money and gifts. Her son had blatantly refused since we had been going out for about 2 years then. There was nothing these people didn’t do to split us up. They had threatened, even embarrassed me several times. I always moved around with tears in my eyes. My friends told me to forget about the guy and we had even broken up about twice because of this issue, but he always came back begging me to forgive him. I really loved him and I told him the only way it will work out is if he sorted out his issues with his mother and siblings.
Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by carolinecandy: 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2013
To cut a long story short, we overcame that obstacle and we got married. A year after our wedding, his mother moved in with us. Apparently she had diabetes and he said that he had to take care of her. The woman made my life a living hell. There was nothing I did that ever pleased her. It got to a point that I told him that he should either make his mother leave our house or I will. In our anger I slapped him. He so really gave me the beating of my life that day; I was rushed to the hospital and admitted when I started coughing up blood. On my hospital bed, he came begging me. I told him I couldn’t believe he could do such a thing to me, beating up his wife because he couldn’t stand up to his mother and older sisters. What sort of man was he, I told him. The saddest part of it all was due to the “accident” (I told the doctor I was involved in a minor accident, and not that I was beaten to within an inch of my life), I had lost my baby. Baby I didn’t even know I was pregnant. I was so heartbroken. I told my husband right there and then that I was not coming back to that house unless he sends his mother out. He wept, pleaded and begged me not to make him send her away, even went on his knees in-front of all the nurses and other patients. He made a lot of promises that he will make sure his mother changes her attitude towards me. I had no choice than to agree. The next day, the evil Jezebel and two sisters came to taunt me. They even came along with the other lady, telling me that it was just a matter of time before my husband sends me packing.

I did a lot of thinking the one week I was in the hospital. Before I was discharged, I made up my mind. I told God that whatever it was going to take, even if it cost me my marriage, I was not going to let any evil woman ruin my life because of her son. I told him that, I will not let anyone end my life because they don’t like me.

The day came when all this changed. I was due to leave for a conference one Monday afternoon till the end of the week. I had already kissed my husband goodbye that morning and told him I will be leaving from the office to the airport with my other colleagues. Just as we were all about to leave, I realized I had forgotten my plane ticket at home. I told the rest of my colleagues that I would meet up with them at the airport while I dashed home to grab my ticket. When I got home, the whole house seemed so empty. I grabbed my ticket from my bedroom and was heading out of the door when I heard someone silently calling for help. The sound came from my mother-in-law’s room. I tiptoed towards her room and peeped inside.

1 Like

Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by carolinecandy: 10:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
She was lying on the floor, her hand stretched out in pain. As I mentioned before, she was diabetic and took daily insulin shots. I noticed she was trying to reach out to the table where her syringe was. what I assumed happened was she must have slept off and forgotten to take her injection, and thus, she was going into diabetic shock. Her eyes pleaded with me to help her. I looked down at this woman and all what she had done to me the past few years flashed before me. With tears rolling down my eyes, I picked up the syringe and bottle where they had fallen just out of her reach and put them back on the table above her. I looked at her and whispered “I’m sorry”. The look she gave me will haunt me forever. I turned around and left the house.

When I got to the airport, I called my husband and told him I was already leaving. He wished me a safe journey. I didn’t tell him I had just “murdered” his mother. Later, when my plane had landed at my destination, he called me and told me he had gone home early and met his mum in serious diabetic shock. He had rushed her to the hospital and she was currently in a coma. He said the doctors mentioned it that she may not survive since she had been there for a very long time, and that had she been able to take the drug early enough, she would have made it. The old woman died two days later without ever waking up from her coma.

My husband was sad, but he took it as a man. Ever since his mum died, peace had once more returned to my mind. His sisters even tried mending fences with me. I’m now 4 months pregnant. My husband wants to name her after his mum if the baby turns out to be a girl. I told him I have my doubts. I've never revealed this terrible secret to him, and every now and then I keep dreaming about that day.
Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by coogar: 11:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
i hope you cop a safe delivery of a bouncy baby boy. i pray he becomes very successful with a wife that would one day stick a knife through your windpipe slowly....

2 Likes

Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by taryour(f): 11:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
You slapped your husband and you expected him to smile and pat you on your back

Don't worry u hear, hopefully you will have all boys and your daughter inlaws will kill you in a more painful way.
Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 09, 2013
If this is true, Seun you need to reveal this woman's real identity to me now. I am calling the police. There is a murderer on the loose that needs to be arrested.
Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by coogar: 11:30pm On Aug 09, 2013
Nashville: If this is true, Seun you need to reveal this woman's real identity to me now. I am calling the police. There is a murderer on the loose that needs to be arrested.

it's not murder.....how's it murder?
diabetes killed her MIL. yes, she could have saved her life but negligence isn't murder.....

4 Likes

Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by taryour(f): 11:35pm On Aug 09, 2013
Nashville: If this is true, Seun you need to reveal this woman's real identity to me now. I am calling the police. There is a murderer on the loose that needs to be arrested.

I kinda find it hard to believe though,but some women can be so heartless when it comes to dealing with mother inlaws. I really don't know why some women find it a big deal to love their mother inlaw,they forget they will be a mother inlaw too one day. its just so saddening that same women they call the weaker vessels have so much hatred in their hearts.

It is well
Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by biolabee(m): 11:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
Hahahaha the cougar

The story sounded so familiar like the old man in 24 whose wife and sherie palmer did not give him the drugs he needed

Ah.. 24!

Good days
Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by coogar: 11:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
biolabee: Hahahaha the cougar
The story sounded so familiar like the old man in 24 whose wife and sherie palmer did not give him the drugs he needed

Ah.. 24!
Good days

which season is that? 4 or 5?
i have lost track of that show - my favourite was the one in mexico where nina myers met her waterloo. that was döpe!
Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by badmeat(m): 12:03am On Aug 10, 2013
@ op r u related to Afro candy
Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by biolabee(m): 12:14am On Aug 10, 2013
coogar:

which season is that? 4 or 5?
i have lost track of that show - my favourite was the one in mexico where nina myers met her waterloo. that was dope!

Ah.. the salazar brothers

Jack broke in and out of jail./// junkie....

Incidentally this was from season 3 also

Nina was executed sweetly...

1 Like

Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by OmoAlata1(f): 12:18am On Aug 10, 2013
wow, I am speechless.I don't even know what to add here. I pray this is not true and you just made up this story cos you were bored

1 Like

Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by coogar: 12:18am On Aug 10, 2013
biolabee:
Ah.. the salazar brothers
Jack broke in and out of jail./// junkie....

Incidentally this was from season 3 also
Nina was executed sweetly...

then i guess season 3 and 4 were the best..
cos the one that followed that was the muslim family that murdered the girlfriend of their son......the kidnapping of the home secretary and how that terrorist intentionally ran his car into a humongous truck because he sensed he was being "helped" by CTU......that's the best part of 24 for me! that guy had balls!

1 Like

Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by peddy231(m): 12:32am On Aug 10, 2013
I hope this story is not true,if it is true,then it is Murder regardless of how the death came about.
Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by biolabee(m): 12:34am On Aug 10, 2013
coogar:

cos the one that followed that was the muslim family that murdered the girlfriend of their son......the kidnapping of the home secretary and how that terrorist intentionally ran his car into a humongous truck because he sensed he was being "helped" by CTU......that's the best part of 24 for me! that guy had balls!

Ahh,,s4///the deatth of Edgar from the virus....

And the mummy Imhotep as the terrorist Marwan

interesting season... started with a plane crash just to get the nuclear codes

Personally my fav is s1 then s5.

1 Like

Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by biolabee(m): 12:34am On Aug 10, 2013
coogar:

Ahh,,s4 - Edgar//he died from a virus attack ;later

Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by coogar: 1:28am On Aug 10, 2013
biolabee:
Ahh,,s4 - Edgar//he died from a virus attack ;later

edgar was my favourite CTU geek. majority like chloe but i think edgar edges it for me. chloe's evil face peeves me. abu marwan was the weakest villain on 24! the hype about him outweighed his antics....

nina myers, salaazar brothers and that white american terrorist were grime!!
Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by Afam4eva(m): 3:26am On Aug 10, 2013
Women that kill
Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by jumzzy448: 6:25am On Aug 10, 2013
This is super story...but if all you have said is true, my dear have it at the back of your mind that karma is a b1tch.
Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by pheyikemi: 6:48am On Aug 10, 2013
Op, hmm, I'm speechless, u shdnt av done that u knw. Though wot u experienced in dt house wasn't palatable, but patience, they say is a virtue. One thing u shd knw is dt ur MIL can't spend d numba of years she had spent before togeda wiv her age b4 she died, hence d need for patience. Remember too, u reap wot u sow. Pray 4 forgiveness..
Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by biolabee(m): 7:09am On Aug 10, 2013
coogar:

edgar was my favourite CTU geek. majority like chloe but i think edgar edges it for me. chloe's evil face peeves me. abu marwan was the weakest villain on 24! the hype about him outweighed his antics....

nina myers, salaazar brothers and that white american terrorist were grime!!

I loved the prison break.... chloe face was weird for a while but I grew into it...by s5.

Marwan was a bloody mole masquerading as a mild mannered wipe.

I think i need to rewatch 24
Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by DEGREE2466(m): 9:11am On Aug 10, 2013
All this people discussing 24 u must be crazy. U would have created a different thread for it instead of turning the prevailling tread to discussion arena.

At poster: You have made the mistake already pray for forgiveness because you have rendered those siblings of ur hubby motherless

moreover ur husband is at ur back so u would have endured it a little more bacause u dont expect him to just throw away his mum just because he married you!

1 Like

Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 10, 2013
She didn't murder her, she just didn't stop her from being murdered by death.You shouldn't have married a man whose family is against you in the first place . You should have just saved her,may be the relationship would ve been different after that.

You have to live with the guilt for the rest of your life,make peace with God.

4 Likes

Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by greatgod2012(f): 11:15am On Aug 10, 2013
@op, I doubt the authenticity of this story, it looks like a nollywood movie.

However, if it's true, then, you shouldn't have done that, you should have helped her and believe me, after helping her and she made it, her attitude will change towards you, because you saved her life, no one can hate the person who saves his/her life, abi? What do you think?
My fear now is the future, because, karma?, you know, will definately catch up, and you know, it's not an easy thing to own up to, so the guilt is there for you to live with forever.
May God help you o

1 Like

Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by biolabee(m): 11:38am On Aug 10, 2013
still think its fictional though but i think it is because by her inaction she led to the loss of life of another individual.

from wiki

byvan: She didn't murder her, she just didn't stop her from being murdered by death.You shouldn't have married a man whose family is against you in the first place . You should have just saved her,may be the relationship would ve been different after that.

Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2013
Call: Story, Story
Response: Story!

Call: Once upon a time
Response: Time, Time.

There lived a wicked mother in-law called......

Just reminiscing on childhood, grin back to the matter *in Wizkid's voice*.

I think there are better ways to handle your mother-in-law even when your husband refused to man up. The fact that someone is shouting orders doesn't mean it has to be adhered to. Just smile, say "yes ma" and go about your day like her words mean nothing.

Not choosing to save her when you could is the same thing as murdering her (morally[that's subjective]). You would always have that guilt at the back of your head, haunting you. Hiding such secret from your husband might zap a lot of energy away from you and your relationship with him.
Oh well, right now its too late. If you're good with secret, I say Happy Married Life!!
Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by biolabee(m): 12:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
still think its fictional though but i think it is because by her inaction she led to the loss of life of another individual.

from wiki
The issue is the intention

Murder is the unlawful killing, with malice aforethought, of another human, and generally this premeditated state of mind distinguishes murder from other forms of unlawful homicide (such as manslaughter). A person who commits murder is called a murderer.[1]

byvan: She didn't murder her, she just didn't stop her from being murdered by death.You shouldn't have married a man whose family is against you in the first place . You should have just saved her,may be the relationship would ve been different after that.

Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 10, 2013
coogar: i hope you cop a safe delivery of a bouncy baby boy. i pray he becomes very successful with a wife that would one day stick a knife through your windpipe slowly....
what kind of evil prayer is that.theres something my mom says,if you give love in the day of distress you will get loads of it and if you know how to give hatred and wickedness,wickedness will not elude you.since when i was born,i have never seen a man or woman plant wickedness and gets love in return.i have not seen a man plant orange and reap mango,so please just shut up and stop blaming the woman.if the woman was loving it is not lilkely her daughter in law will choose not to help her and even if she doesnt help her,God will raise someone to help her and disgrace the daughter inlaw.even the bible says DONT BE DECEIEVED,GOD CANNOT BE MOCKED,WHATEVER A MAN SOWS,THAT SHALL HE ALSO REAP. It also said I HAVE NOT SEEN THE RIGHTEOUS FORSAKEN OR THEIR SEEDS BEGGING FOR BREAD meanwhile,that is a lesson to some stewpeed mother inlaws and unreasonable sister inlaws,acting as if they are doing the lady a favour by allowing her marrying their brother.seriously,the way you talk on NAIRALAND sometimes pisses me off.mshewwwwwww.i just feel like slapping you shocked 8-)

ok,i've calmed down,i am not angry again,but desist from talking anyhow on nairaland cheesy

by the way where is the so called woman the soster inlw is bringing to taunt the lady and why are the sister inlaws now trying to be friendly if not that guilty conscience is eating them up.every adult that chooses to be good or wicked as far as i am concerned does that INTENTIONALLY.there is nothing like ignorance,moreover i dont understand up till august 1o,2o13 what some mother inlaws gain in tormenting their daughter inlaws,it just beats my imagination :/

3 Likes

Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 10, 2013
biolabee: still think its fictional though but i think it is because by her inaction she led to the loss of life of another individual.

from wiki
The issue is the intention

well she didnt murder the woman,she just had the choice to help or not to help the woman and she chose the latter probably because she wanted peace which the woman was taking from her.meanwhile whether it is fictional or not,i dont care,i only need an answer to why women torment their daughter inlaws and this same women who gave birth to ladies too cannot go to their daughters house and frustrate their son inlaws or dictate what he will do in his house :/
Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by biolabee(m): 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
kulyie: well she didnt murder the woman,she just had the choice to help or not to help the woman and she chose the latter probably because she wanted peace which the woman was taking from her.meanwhile whether it is fictional or not,i dont care,i only need an answer to why women torment their daughter inlaws and this same women who gave birth to ladies too cannot go to their daughters house and frustrate their son inlaws or distate what he will do in his house :/

That action or lack of it of not getting her to the drugs is the intent and thus the murderous act

How u dey?

1 Like

Re: I "Murdered" My Mother-in-law by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 10, 2013
biolabee:

That action or lack of it of not getting her to the drugs is the intent and thus the murderous act

How u dey?
well even if shes sued to court and she gets a good lawyer with prayers,she will likely win the case because she did not use her hands or arms like gun etc to kill her,so i wont really classify that as murder

i dey jare cheesy i don miss you.how mrs biola and little biolas,shey everything is fine cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Adult Daughter Is Too Close To Me. Is It Normal, Appropriate? / Urgent Help -I Caught My Wife With A vibrator / 3 Ways Marriage Negatively Impacts Some Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.