Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency (1174 Views)

Tinubu Celebrates With People At His Residence Over Apc’s Big Win (photos) / APC Yet To Pick Buhari’s Running Mate / 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by ambrosini593(m): 9:38am On Aug 10, 2013
2015: PDP will walk over APC if they pick Buhari – Presidency

By Ameh Comrade Godwin on August 10, 2013

Tweet

Pin It

The Presidency, Thursday declared that if former Head of State, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari emerges as the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the 2015 election, it would be a walkover for the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Gen Muhammadu Buhari

The party was reacting to a recent statement attributed to the APC, which stated that it is suicidal for any party to make Goodluck Jonathan its presidential candidate in the 2015 election.

The Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters, Ahmed Gulak also spoke on other APC leaders, including Asiwaju Bola Tinubu and a former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Mallam Nasir El-Rufa’i.

According to him, “As far as that merger is concerned, the calculation of the Congress for Progressive Change elements is that Buhari will stand for the election. If he stands for the election, it is a walkover for the PDP; so, we are praying that they field Buhari.”

Gulak who claimed that had been informed by a good authority that Tinubu has no presidential ambition added that El-Rufa’i is not a politician; thus, he’s not qualified to contest the presidential election.

Hear him, “Tinubu is not interested in the presidential race. I have it on good authority that Tinubu is not interested.

“El-Rufa’i is not a politician. When we are talking about politicians who are likely candidates, we don’t talk about people like El-Rufa’i. We are talking about political politicians.

“But in all, the President has yet to declare his intention whether he will re-contest or not. When the time comes in 2014, we will know whether he will offer himself for a second term or not. As of now, we are here to work for Nigerians.”

Gulak said that the APC should burry the idea of ruling the nation, stressing that it was too young to talk about presidency.

He said, “The APC that was just born yesterday should not have the mouth to talk.

“They should mind their own business and face the struggle ahead of them. They should stop focusing on what PDP will do or will not do, that is none of their business.”

The presidential aide asserted that president Goodluck Jonathan would not lose sleep over the registration of the party by INEC.

In a quick reaction, the National Publicity Secretary of the now rested Congress for Progressive Change, CPC Mr. Rotimi Fashakin, described Gulak’s statement as a “hallmark” of a dying regime.

He said that Buhari remains a better leader ahead of Jonathan.
His words, “Putting Buhari and President Jonathan side by side is like putting light and darkness together. Buhari is head and shoulder above Goodluck Jonathan, who is occupying the nation’s highest seat.

“It is Nigerians who will determine who will win the 2015 election, but we know that in a free and fair election, Jonathan does not stand a chance against Buhari. Let him say whatever he wants.
“The PDP primaries could be manipulated for the President. We have said it that the PDP will be in the opposition as from 2015.”
Fashakin further stated that Buhari has no hands in the post election violence in the north.

He stated, “It should be clear to all now that the people planning the insurgency are within Goodluck Jonathan’s regime.

“It makes no absolute sense that the insurgency is Islamic when people were bombed in Kano during Ramadan. It is totally incongruous. That is to show you that it is not Islamic in any way. It is about vicious politics, which this regime is playing.”

Fashakin ruled out the possibility of Jonathan’s reelection come 2015.

He said, “We know the truth. Nigerians know the truth; that the kind of leadership that President Jonathan and the PDP have shown us in the last three years has been nothing to write home about.

“It shows that in terms of leadership at the highest level, Gen. Buhari is head and shoulder above anybody they can present in the PDP,” the party chieftain added.
www.dailypost.com.ng/2013/08/10/2015-pdp-will-walk-over-apc-if-they-pick-buhari-presidency/
Re: 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by ambrosini593(m): 9:43am On Aug 10, 2013
Like this if you believe

5 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by ayodeji752: 10:31am On Aug 10, 2013
Na lie joor. Buhari will have 75% votes frm d north. 70% frm southwest and 30% frm d east. Federal govt doesnt want APC to pick Buhari cos they knw na wahala

3 Likes

Re: 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by yunglykmine(m): 10:56am On Aug 10, 2013
APC is already a walkover for PDP irrespective of who becomes their candidate, this is because they obviously lack a better ideology & the party comprises of men who are too hungry & desperate for power..2015 will be interesting tho.
Re: 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 10, 2013
PDP is really getting scared!

1 Like

Re: 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
If u say that the Ramadan kano bomb blast is political what then would you say about the suleja Christmas day bombblast.is it also political?.bokoharam claimed to be responsible for that and remb the perpetuators have been apprehended and jailed.
Re: 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by samilo88(m): 2:04pm On Aug 10, 2013
PDP playing mind games with APC..2015 is going to be interesting. **meanwhile Madam give me one gala nd lacasera make I balance watch as this thread explodes**
Re: 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by Alxmyr(m): 2:43pm On Aug 10, 2013
samilo88: PDP playing mind games with APC..2015 is going to be interesting. **meanwhile Madam give me one gala nd lacasera make I balance watch as this thread explodes**

The thread lacks the substance to make it explode. It is pro-GEJ and anything pro-GEJ does not explode on NL....
Re: 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by Danhumprey: 2:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
E be like say PDP is getting jittery! What with all these talks about an election dat is stil more than 1year away? Abeg,they should face work and keep quiet!
Re: 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 10, 2013
APC is doomed regardless of who their candidate will be. If they present Buhari, they will get disgraced. . . .everyone knows that old, disgruntled, petulant Islamic jihadist is unmarketable and unsellable to normal human beings. On the other hand, who else can APC.present - other than a candidate recycled from the PDP (e.g. Tambuwal and co)? Is it Ribadu, or Shekarau, or Senator Yerima, or who exacty?
Re: 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
Unfortunately Gulak is right.

As much as I respect Gen. Buhari, his reputation has been irreparably sullied. Some of his recent utterances have only reinforced the perception - misguided but widely held - that he has Islamist/terrorist proclivities.

Meanwhile GEJ can keep playing on sentiments to win another term.
Re: 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by dexter1983(m): 5:56pm On Aug 10, 2013
PDP SO SCARED OF BUHARI...THEY WANT A CHEAPER OPPONENT...GMB ALL D WAY...
Re: 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by mosalab(m): 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2013
Nice mind game 4rm PDP... I think d presence of APC is makn PDP to think wit dre head ds day... We all know dt BUHARI IS A REGULAR CUSTOMER NOW...
Re: 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 10, 2013
ayodeji752: Na lie joor. Buhari will have 75% votes frm d north. 70% frm southwest and 30% frm d east. Federal govt doesnt want APC to pick Buhari cos they knw na wahala

Buhari will no get 5% vote in the East
Re: 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by Onlytruth(m): 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
mikeansy:

Buhari will no get 5% vote in the East

He will NOT even get 70% in the North and West. There are middle belt votes and Christians in the North too.
In the west, I suspect that most of them would rather sit home than vote Buhari; just wait and see.
When the campaigns start, information about Boko Haram killings in the North and Fulani madness all over Nigeria will flow freely, and suddenly our brothers in the SW will come back to their senses.
Re: 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by eye4eye: 9:38pm On Aug 10, 2013
Onlytruth:

He will NOT even get 70% in the North and West. There are middle belt votes and Christians in the North too.
In the west, I suspect that most of them would rather sit home than vote Buhari; just wait and see.
When the campaigns start, information about Boko Haram killings in the North and Fulani madness all over Nigeria will flow freely, and suddenly our brothers in the SW will come back to their senses.
You're either a terrorist or an insider to know that there will be bombing in the north during the election campaign. You are hoping for terror so we in the south can vote Jonathan. I am a Christian and I will vote Buhari. There are millions of Christians like me who voted for Jonathan but plan to vote for Buhari in 2015.
Re: 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by samilo88(m): 12:21am On Aug 11, 2013
eye4eye: You're either a terrorist or an insider to know that there will be bombing in the north during the election campaign. You are hoping for terror so we in the south can vote Jonathan. I am a Christian and I will vote Buhari. There are millions of Christians like me who voted for Jonathan but plan to vote for Buhari in 2015.
Millions my foot. No right thinking christian would cast his vote for an islamist like Buhari. Any muslim can have our votes but not Buhari.
Re: 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency by dexter1983(m): 3:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
samilo88:
Millions my foot. No right thinking christian would cast his vote for an islamist like Buhari. Any muslim can have our votes but not Buhari.

AND WHO IS A RIGHT THINKING CHRISTIAN...? RUBBISH TUK

(1) (Reply)

PDP Govs In Stormy Meeting With Obasanjo; Amaechi, Jang To Step Down / Catholic Priest Denies Inviting Obi To Uke Adoration Centre / Hillary Clinton ‘misled Obama’ On Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.