Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:08 PM

Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) - Satellite TV Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) (149332 Views)

Gotv Missing Channels / Missing Channels On Gotv / Gotv Problem In Signal Information (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by kacci(m): 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
pls is dis Gotv working fine cos am considering if i should get 1 am n owerri presently
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by Amadaz(m): 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
mine is working perfectly, i think ur problem would be your location, sell your house in d remote part and move into d city. chikena!!!
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by bbeckky: 5:34pm On Aug 18, 2013
kayfuture:

Hey Hommie,
I am sure †ђe problem has τ̅☺ do with your Adaptor.. Just get a new one which has †ђe same Volts has †ђe spoilt one!
The prob is not wt d adaptor, just tried anoda adaptor wt it nd d story stil remains...xosadsad
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by MarcoP: 7:33pm On Aug 18, 2013
Amadaz: mine is working perfectly, i think ur problem would be your location, sell your house in d remote part and move into d city. chikena!!!

It is a general problem with GoTv system. That is what i was told at a DStv agent office when i wanted to renew my subscription. They advised me to hold on until DStv rectifies the problem. I think they need to invest more in infrastructure.
As for those comparing GoTv with Startimes, please wake up from your sleep.
I have both DsTv and GoTv, I have abandone the former since i bought the latter. GoTv offers me what i need, CNN and Select sports for me, cartoons and africa magic for my children. Now compare 1,500 per month to the 4,200 i was wasting before.
Moreso, I think the time has come for us to demand pay as you use subscription. Because most people do not actually utilize more than 5% of subscription in a month, thanks to NEPA and daily hussles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by herkeym001(m): 1:04am On Aug 19, 2013
MEILYN: At least its still better dan startimes.....

Abeg no just talk am again. I dey gbadun my StarTime pass anything. Gotv ko 2gotv ni.

1 Like

Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by seunadeolu(m): 2:20am On Aug 19, 2013
TAKE IT TO THE MOON
Johnnny: Same here o, I have not been getting channels on my GOTV for a couple of weeks now!

I called their office to complain, I was told I have to make sure the signal strength of my antenna
must be above 45% for me to scan and get the channnels.

I have bought extra cables, paid technician, move the antenna to the highest possible position to no avail, it is not going above 30%.

Please, if anybody has same problem and have resolved it somehow, please put me through! My subscription is burning awway o.

Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by NEROSKY(m): 2:47am On Aug 19, 2013
kacci: pls is dis Gotv working fine cos am considering if i should get 1 am n owerri presently

Buy it
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by NEROSKY(m): 2:51am On Aug 19, 2013
bbeckky: I just rescanned mine nd guess what....it was d worst I got. D decoder is not working again, it would just blink nd go off, blink nd go off, even d remote is not working wt it again. Now I'm regretting ever scanning. I won't b ale 2 watch anythn on it until 2moro whn I take it 2 dir office again? Smh
Pls anyone in da house dat can help? Whteva u think I can do?

Reset
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by Anuoluwap(m): 3:58am On Aug 19, 2013
NEROSKY:

Reset
done dat a million tym! Their office iz d nxt tin
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by born2boink(m): 4:19am On Aug 19, 2013
Anuoluwap:
done dat a million tym! Their office iz d nxt tin
. Anuoluwapo, that sound like a name of a street I picked up a girl in agege and what a lovely name indeed but to joke apart. The Gotv generally as a problem, they admit it, they sent messages to everyone and they promise compensation if they resolve their problem but the facts that the problem is taking to much is boring the mind of the people. Your own gotv maybe working that's fine but all the bouquet on 1k is not working and the bouquet on 1500 is working which indicate they have 2 network for different bouquet, if you observed all those channels that are working, they are meant for extra bouquet of 1500.

Your own gotv maybe working fine and they could even help in switching to resolve personal crisis in office but they admitted they have problem. Try to login to gotv.nigeria.com and registered their with your phone number, they you could be getting text directly from them.

Thanks for your advice, Gotv far better than startime because I have used both, I can't pay huge amount more than 2k just ordinary TV because even with Gotv, I watch TV just 3 or 2 hrs like 8-10 pm everyday day except football on weekend .

For all those condemning Gotv, they are not happy with the problem because they knew the losses they will go through and unfaithful customers they will lose too. But I will stick to patient till they resolve their crisis, I have used startime for 2 yrs before dashing it out for Gotv .
For me to used any things that has satellite Dish, never, if they could stop satellite dish from dstv or Fta, I will go for their product. The dish alone is my major problem, it will digust my personal house

1 Like

Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by Anuoluwap(m): 9:18am On Aug 19, 2013
thanx i already registrd my acct on their website d day i bought it. D prob nw is nt abt channel it abt d decoder nt workin at all. Evn remote cant work on it. It shows only blank. D reset button iz nt effective anymre. Wel, im on their fb nd twitter page they ar workin on it.

1 Like

Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by born2boink(m): 9:25am On Aug 19, 2013
Anuoluwap: thanx i already registrd my acct on their website d day i bought it. D prob nw is nt abt channel it abt d decoder nt workin at all. Evn remote cant work on it. It shows only blank. D reset button iz nt effective anymre. Wel, im on their fb nd twitter page they ar workin on it.
if that is the case, let him/her take decoder to their office.
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by Svelteb(f): 9:26am On Aug 19, 2013
It's not even showing at all
NEROSKY:

Reset
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by bbeckky: 9:30am On Aug 19, 2013
Yes, it isnt
Svelteb: It's not even showing at all
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by born2boink(m): 9:39am On Aug 19, 2013
bbeckky: Yes, it isnt
take this thing to their office abi you dey afraid to speak oyinbo for their office, then speak broken. Shikenah

2 Likes

Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by jubrilar(m): 9:53am On Aug 19, 2013
Am sure, this issue happen to lagos users only or what about your area?
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by Anuoluwap(m): 10:18am On Aug 19, 2013
born2fuck: take this thing to their office abi you dey afraid to speak oyinbo for their office, then speak broken. Shikenah
dat's rather blunt

1 Like

Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by osymary: 11:04am On Aug 19, 2013
jumzzy448: Mine has nt bin showing at all. It keeps tellin me no signal and it's ova two weeks now.
na so wt me oooo, i don send mail to dem call dem, de even sent me sms of compensation, imagine my sports 3 is out, i no dey view my AM again, just paid for the 1st time after free 3months wee i buy am ooo, c me c wahala. wetin i go tell my children say dia cartoons don waka comot? na so my N1500 go tek enta canal? i no go gree oooo! abi na 419 dem dey play?
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by tremzy07(f): 11:26am On Aug 19, 2013
Finally a thread on the GOTV problem! been having the same problem with my Gotv. Half of my subscription aint working angry Got their message saying they are working on it but for how long!

Really, really angry about this....my discovery world aint showing and its the channels i dont even watch that are on! cry
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by kemawilly(m): 12:31pm On Aug 19, 2013
The Gotv is having a general Network Problem and their Signal Strength is not strong enough in some areas, I was in their office on Friday and one of their agent confided on me. For those of us comparing Startimes with gotv, I think Sttartimes is far better than gotv now. Not to talk of their new channels added now on their platform, is just that we Nigerians like big names and easily to cajole. I have DSTV, GoTv and Startimes but currently stick to my Startimes because they are better now.
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by eniboi(m): 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2013
Pls why gotv is not showing English barclays permiership football.
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by OLAMINREWA(m): 2:20pm On Aug 19, 2013
some of my friends are also experiencing same problems, but to my surprise i have 37 clean channels, 2 new channels recently included last week. i think its location problem....i reside in ikorodu anyway
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by bbeckky: 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
bros eee, no b my fault nah.....na condition make crayfish bend. I wud like u to do me a favor. Can u go with me to their office? U go dey speak ingrish 4 me or interpret wink wink
born2fuck: take this thing to their office abi you dey afraid to speak oyinbo for their office, then speak broken. Shikenah

1 Like

Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by bbeckky: 3:21pm On Aug 19, 2013
make we try no mind am, na gotv cause am
Anuoluwap:
dat's rather blunt
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by bbeckky: 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2013
How far bruv? Av u being to their office? I just came back now and d decoder is working again now
Anuoluwap: thanx i already registrd my acct on their website d day i bought it. D prob nw is nt abt channel it abt d decoder nt workin at all. Evn remote cant work on it. It shows only blank. D reset button iz nt effective anymre. Wel, im on their fb nd twitter page they ar workin on it.
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by HandyManny: 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2013
How can anyone seriously compare GOTV and Startimes. Startiimes na learner.
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by Anuoluwap(m): 3:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
bbeckky: How far bruv? Av u being to their office? I just came back now and d decoder is working again now
wow! Gr8 news. Ill go on wednesdy i'm nt dat close to any of their offices coz i bought it in lagos nd im in Ogun state.
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by bbeckky: 3:40pm On Aug 19, 2013
k then
Anuoluwap:
wow! Gr8 news. Ill go on wednesdy i'm nt dat close to any of their offices coz i bought it in lagos nd im in Ogun state.
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by Anuoluwap(m): 3:57pm On Aug 19, 2013
bbeckky: k then
but pls, do u av any idea of what was done on ya decoder?
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by born2boink(m): 4:43pm On Aug 19, 2013
bbeckky: bros eee, no b my fault nah.....na condition make crayfish bend. I wud like u to do me a favor. Can u go with me to their office? U go dey speak ingrish 4 me or interpret wink wink
Don't worry, I figure you are back already, I would have help you out even if I will have to carry the Gotv on my head. when it comes to woman, I can do anything because I know benefit will await me someday in bedroom. Even if their customer care are professors, I will go with my dictionary. Just holla me by PM next time you are going. Remember say,I sabbi pidgin to package my grammer too....

Chei, all you tin don dey work? I meant is your channels all working now?
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by bbeckky: 6:01pm On Aug 19, 2013
born2fuck: Don't worry, I figure you are back already, I would have help you out even if I will have to carry the Gotv on my head. when it comes to woman, I can do anything because I know benefit will await me someday in bedroom. Even if their customer care are professors, I will go with my dictionary. Just holla me by PM next time you are going. Remember say,I sabbi pidgin to package my grammer too....

Chei, all you tin don dey work? I meant is your channels all working now?
Nd who tell u say I be woman....?
Re: Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels) by born2boink(m): 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2013
bbeckky: Nd who tell u say I be woman....?
since dem don born me, anybody wey dey bear BECKY na woman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

STARTIMES DECODER:DO U NEED HELP? / Viewing Centre Owners Thread / Current List Of Channels Available On Startimes Decoder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.