Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Please Take A Good Look At This Car Picture And Help Me Answer The Question. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Take A Good Look At This Car Picture And Help Me Answer The Question. (1123 Views)

Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) / Take A Look At The Interior Of This Car. / Post Your Current Car Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Take A Good Look At This Car Picture And Help Me Answer The Question. by IbukaDantata: 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
I am Using Nissan Tino 2002. While driving out this evening I discovered that this hole beside the Fuel Tank lid is not covered either because it's cover fell off yesterday or it was stolen in the Night as I parked outside.

What is the name of this hole and what is its work?

I need this in my search for its replacement.

Jah bless.

Re: Please Take A Good Look At This Car Picture And Help Me Answer The Question. by IbukaDantata: 8:50pm On Aug 10, 2013
Thank you in advance
Re: Please Take A Good Look At This Car Picture And Help Me Answer The Question. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:06pm On Aug 10, 2013
IbukaDantata: Thank you in advance

It looks like your car used to run on dual fuel pertrol and LPG gas, that was the hole for filling the gas
Re: Please Take A Good Look At This Car Picture And Help Me Answer The Question. by IbukaDantata: 9:15pm On Aug 10, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

It looks like your car used to run on dual fuel pertrol and LPG gas, that was the hole for filling the gas
What is the implication bro. I just got the car early this year. Don't really know much about it save that it is doing fine and not consuming much fuel. Have tried to do a free Vin Check on it with its vin No : VSKTBAV10U0088657, without success. But it was shipped from Amsterdam holland.

So does it mean that car can run without fuel? Is there a chance that I will get the lid back as it has been very hard to find?
God bless you.
Re: Please Take A Good Look At This Car Picture And Help Me Answer The Question. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:48pm On Aug 10, 2013
IbukaDantata:
What is the implication bro. I just got the car early this year. Don't really know much about it save that it is doing fine and not consuming much fuel. Have tried to do a free Vin Check on it with its vin No : VSKTBAV10U0088657, without success. But it was shipped from Amsterdam holland.

So does it mean that car can run without fuel? Is there a chance that I will get the lid back as it has been very hard to find?
God bless you.

there is no implication at all you just need to close it, so that moisture wont end eating the metal

if it was running on gas you would have seen the gas tank either underneath the car or boot, also you would have a switch somewhere by the dashboard that you use to select the type of fuel you want to use and finally the gauge for the gas

1 Like

Re: Please Take A Good Look At This Car Picture And Help Me Answer The Question. by erico2k2(m): 12:20am On Aug 11, 2013
Thats for intke for your LPG, the tank def had been removed hence you are not seeing the cylinder in the boot of your car, there is nothing wrong with your car, its all good.

1 Like

Re: Please Take A Good Look At This Car Picture And Help Me Answer The Question. by cardoctor(m): 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
Its a special adaptor for filling your car with LPG. Obviously, your car had been fitted with an lpg tank (usually found in the boot or space originally reserved for your spare tyre) thus making your car a Dual Fuel car. If you can't find the gas tank then it may have been removed when the car was shipped to Nigeria as there are very few places where you can refill with lpg here.

Its usually a cheaper option of fuel and more environmentally friendly to the ozone layer and your engine but we here in Nigeria have not caught up yet with this technology. What a shame.

In countries where lpg is available for car use, your insurance premium will be lower and apart from being exempt from paying car taxes or annual licensing, you may also be exempt from paying congestion charges.

Its nothing to worry about as I'm sure your car has been reverted to running with gasoline.

Car-Doctor.

1 Like

Re: Please Take A Good Look At This Car Picture And Help Me Answer The Question. by IbukaDantata: 3:44pm On Aug 11, 2013
car-doctor:
Its a special adaptor for filling your car with LPG. Obviously, your car had been fitted with an lpg tank (usually found in the boot or space originally reserved for your spare tyre) thus making your car a Dual Fuel car. If you can't find the gas tank then it may have been removed when the car was shipped to Nigeria as there are very few places where you can refill with lpg here.

Its usually a cheaper option of fuel and more environmentally friendly to the ozone layer and your engine but we here in Nigeria have not caught up yet with this technology. What a shame.

In countries where lpg is available for car use, your insurance premium will be lower and apart from being exempt from paying car taxes or annual licensing, you may also be exempt from paying congestion charges.

Its nothing to worry about as I'm sure your car has been reverted to running with gasoline.

Car-Doctor.

Nagode SoSei
Re: Please Take A Good Look At This Car Picture And Help Me Answer The Question. by cardoctor(m): 12:48am On Aug 12, 2013
IbukaDantata:

Nagode SoSei

Marhaba lale

(1) (Reply)

I Call This Creativity( Something Out Of Nothing) / Maintenance Of 2011 - 2013 Ford Vehicles In Port Harcourt / The Right Automatic Transmission Fluid For 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.