Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Why Single Parent - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Single Parent (5119 Views)

Lies Single Parent Wouldn't Let You To Know / Why Single Ladies Wish To See Their Mother-in-law Dead Before Marriage / Reasons Why Single Parent Must Cooperate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Single Parent by Maykelly(f): 1:51pm On Jun 03, 2008
Am wondering why some women choose to be single parent, or is it better? and is not that these women don't have money, skill even good looking; but why single parent?
Re: Why Single Parent by buzyDiva(f): 1:56pm On Jun 03, 2008
Experience they say is the best teacher!

2 Likes

Re: Why Single Parent by dudubobo1: 2:35pm On Jun 03, 2008
I think you will find that very very FEW women actually chose to be single parents. They are forced to become single parents by circumstances and mistakes they make.

It is not about money or skill.

Single parenthood is never good for a child. if it happens, they should make the best of it but i dont think any human being should desire single parenthood

2 Likes

Re: Why Single Parent by Maykelly(f): 9:38am On Jun 04, 2008
buzyDiva:

Experience they say is the best teacher!

Are you a single parent?
Re: Why Single Parent by HRhotness(f): 2:03pm On Jun 04, 2008
Many factors can influence a woman to choose to be a single parent. . .

such as growing up in an abusive home or just being too indpendent to want to get married,

some women do choose but others are forced into it, it all depends on their life experiences and their background
Re: Why Single Parent by Radiant(f): 4:19pm On Jun 04, 2008
Marriage and kids?? Tell me something else pls cheesy
Re: Why Single Parent by Xiomarra: 3:50am On Jun 05, 2008
Nothing wrong with being a single parent is it is "your portion" from God. Some people are only fit to live with kids alone not with spouses.

As long as you are happy and fulfilled in life, nothing else matters. Societal wishes do not determine personal happiness.

1 Like

Re: Why Single Parent by Afribiz(f): 11:34am On Jun 05, 2008
Only about 2% of Nigerian women choose to be single mothers. The others see themselves into it out of their own wish. It could be that age was running out on them, or that they were impregnanted when they were younger, and the man refused to marry them.

In either case, they would've preferred to have their children under a matrimony.
Re: Why Single Parent by dudubobo1: 4:21pm On Jun 11, 2008
Afribiz:

Only about 2% of Nigerian women choose to be single mothers. The others see themselves into it out of their own wish. It could be that age was running out on them, or that they were impregnanted when they were younger, and the man refused to marry them.

In either case, they would've preferred to have their children under a matrimony.

who talk so?

abi u mean say na 2% of Nigerian single mothers? cheesy
Re: Why Single Parent by mohawkchic(f): 4:09am On Jun 13, 2008
May kelly:

Am wondering why some women choose to be single parent, or is it better? and is not that these women don't have money, skill even good looking; but why single parent?

~If they Choose to be single parents then i reckon its their Choice!! No telling what circumstances lead them to such decision!! frankly i do not wish to speculate!!

~My g/f is a single mum,she didnt choose to be one!!
Re: Why Single Parent by Shinatu: 9:53am On Jun 13, 2008
Xiomarra:

Nothing wrong with being a single parent is it is "your portion" from God. Some people are only fit to live with kids alone not with spouses.

As long as you are happy and fulfilled in life, nothing else matters. Societal wishes do not determine personal happiness.

I do not agree with this, your happiness and fulfillment is not the only thing that matters in life. It is only o.k if it does not hurt any other person in the process. If you feel you are only 'fit to live alone with kids' please let your patner know before you have the kids. He/she may not be 'fit to live alone'!
Re: Why Single Parent by 2Legit: 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2008
Xiomarra:

What about the kids? Their own happiness does not matter? did you consult with them before bringing them into a single parent world?
Re: Why Single Parent by waleab: 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2008
single parents!!!! mmmmmmmmmmm not be me o
Re: Why Single Parent by olanajim(m): 7:45pm On Jun 13, 2008
@topic,
For every single parent you find, you will count at least a foolish, irresponsible, runaway man.

That is the law of single parenthood as postulated by OLANAJIM.
Re: Why Single Parent by mohawkchic(f): 2:31am On Jun 14, 2008
olanajim:

@topic,
For every single parent you find, you will count at least a foolish, irresponsible, runaway man.
That is the law of single parenthood as postulated by OLANAJIM.

~I Agree Wholeheartedly!!
Re: Why Single Parent by MyTempID: 2:47am On Jun 14, 2008
olanajim:
Your law is not absolute.  In fact, it is a law bordering on unresearched stupidity.  For one, it assumes that all single parents are women; which is certainly not true.  Secondly, it holds the premise that men who decide to leave their partner/spouse are always in the wrong.  This is also not true.  Take the case of a trifling woman who spends the bulk of her time whoring her self, disrespecting and violating her man.  Would you suggest that such a man (being violated), stick around for further humiliation?  I think not.
Re: Why Single Parent by olanajim(m): 10:23am On Jun 15, 2008
Hey, get over me!

Did you just say unresearched stupidity? Dead end sir!

My law is not absolule and the one above did not assume that only women are single parents. At least, I did not say that. It is a figmement of your imagination.

Now to my comment. When a responsible man sleep with a LovePeddler, he is either foolish or irresponsible to let the lady have child for him. That he didn't use protection, outline his foolishness for he know the lady is lose and could well had HIV.

When a man sleep with a responsible lady and it result in pregnancy, it is again either foolishness or irresponsibility that would make him deny paternity.

Now, on the third category. When a man and woman are married and for some reasons, the relationship break up, irreparably, only foolish and irresponsible men would abandon their children just like that. Even at law court, the man would be told to visit the child take part in his upbringing,

Now, Mr. Fault Finder, I need you to comment on the above. If you want to talk about male single parent, the door is open. Just reverse the above and put male in female.
Re: Why Single Parent by LetThemSay: 8:44am On Jun 19, 2008
Each person's story is different. If their child is well taken care of and the woman is happy why not. Marriage does not always = Happiness for everybody.

1 Like

Re: Why Single Parent by Maykelly(f): 4:42pm On Jun 23, 2008
LetThemSay:

Each person's story is different. If their child is well taken care of and the woman is happy why not. Marriage does not always = Happiness for everybody.

could this be why some ladies should to be single parent because of men's wahala?
Re: Why Single Parent by LetThemSay: 5:32am On Jun 26, 2008
May kelly:

could this be why some ladies should to be single parent because of men's wahala?

Not necessarily
Re: Why Single Parent by princessk1: 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2008
try staying single til you are 38years or more with no one to marry,you wil understand why they become single parents
Re: Why Single Parent by Blatant: 1:19pm On Jun 27, 2008
Why do they stay single till they get desperate? It shows they are unable to plan their lives
Re: Why Single Parent by LetThemSay: 5:37am On Jun 28, 2008
Blatant:

Why do they stay single till they get desperate? It shows they are unable to plan their lives

Plans take diferent turns and go wrong sometimes.
Re: Why Single Parent by Mesmerize(f): 5:38am On Jun 28, 2008
Maybe they're thinking abt how it'll affect their children.

Some kids even wish their parents never remarried
Re: Why Single Parent by LAKANYE(m): 1:12am On Jun 29, 2008
[b]WHY SINGLE PARENTS?

There are advantages and disadvantages at being either single or double parenting.
Most single parents, either MALE or FEMALE, ended up being who they are due to uncontrollable circumstances beyond their immediate controls in a relationship.
A typical woman who have had all the unacceptable experiences in all her relationships may decide its better for her to raise her kids without the abusive hubby around the kids.
Some women who have never had a good relationship in their whole life may result to keeping to them self rather than the trouble of dealing with some recalcitrant male chauvenist.
Some men will result to raising their children by themself most especially if the mother is uncultured.
Some women have a problem of finding the right man to marry them, and the menopause clock never stops ticking. Hence, they decided to hook up with some dude around the block, get pregnant, keep the pregnancy to themselves, deliver the child, and raise the child with the assistance of the government.
Most of the causes of single parenting are a result of bad relationship experiences that will make one to wanna conclude "CAN DO BETTER BY MYSELF", or NO EXPERIENCE OF ANY good RELATIONSHIP AT ALL. Some became a single parent as a result of hanging out too late with some men without underwear.[/b]
Re: Why Single Parent by mohawkchic(f): 1:41am On Jun 29, 2008
LAKANYE~:

WHY SINGLE PARENTS?

There are advantages and disadvantages at being either single or double parenting.
Most single parents, either MALE or FEMALE, ended up being who they are due to uncontrollable circumstances beyond their immediate controls in a relationship.
A typical woman who have had all the unacceptable experiences in all her relationships may decide its better for her to raise her kids without the abusive hubby around the kids.
Some women who have never had a good relationship in their whole life may result to keeping to them self rather than the trouble of dealing with some recalcitrant male chauvenist.
Some men will result to raising their children by themself most especially if the mother is uncultured.
Some women have a problem of finding the right man to marry them, and the menopause clock never stops ticking. Hence, they decided to hook up with some dude around the block, get pregnant, keep the pregnancy to themselves, deliver the child, and raise the child with the assistance of the government.
Most of the causes of single parenting are a result of bad relationship experiences that will make one to want to conclude "CAN DO BETTER BY MYSELF", or NO EXPERIENCE OF ANY good RELATIONSHIP AT ALL.

Some became a single parent as a result of hanging out too late with some men without underwear

~Would you knowledge of That statement be from Experience I Wonder ?  grin
Re: Why Single Parent by LAKANYE(m): 3:30am On Jun 29, 2008
mohawkchic:

[/b]

~Would you knowledge of That statement be from Experience I Wonder ? grin

What do you think sweetie?
I am a woman today and standing on my toes "happy as hell" SINGLE parent with 9 children from different men, HAPPY AS HELL, because I HAVE NO MAN IN MY LIFE TO TELL ME WHAT I HAVE TO DO AS A GROWN WOMAN. I pick and choose men as I wish, and dump them when I'm done.I am happy and satisfied, and that is ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME AND MY CHILDREN AS A SINGLE PARENT.

MAYBE YOU HAVE A MAN IN CHARGE OF YOUR LIFE,
I AM IN CHARGE OF THE LIFE OF MEN IN MY LIFE
Re: Why Single Parent by TOH(f): 3:31am On Jun 29, 2008
would you like to care for their kids for them?

ibeere oshi
Re: Why Single Parent by LAKANYE(m): 3:56am On Jun 29, 2008
TOH:

would you like to care for their kids for them?

ibeere oshi

MY CHILDREN ARE MINE. I BORE ALL NINE OF THEM FROM DIFFERENT MEN IN MY WOMB, GAVE BIRTH TO THEM, FEED THEM, CLOTHE THEM, KEEP THEM WARM, AND PROVIDE EVERYTHING THEY NEED FOR THEM.

IF ANY MAN WANT A CHILD, LET HIM GO GET PREGNANT, DELIVER THE CHILD AFTER 9 MONTHS, AND RAISE THE CHILD HIMSELF. SO HE CAN HAVE SOMEONE TO TELL TO COOK HIS MEAL EVERYDAY, AND LOOK AFTER THE HOME LIKE AN HOUSEMAID.
SORRY, I'M JUST A DIFFERENT WOMAN AMONGST WOMEN.

IBERE OSI MEANS "ENRICHED POVERTY" IN YORUBA LAND.

I AM FAR BEYOND POVERTY.

THE WORST THING ANY WOMAN CAN DO TO ANY MAN IS TO DEPRIVE HIS "NO-GOOD-SON-OF-A-BITCH" HIS CHILD.

YOU HAVE SOLD THE MAN'S RIGHT TO SERVITUDE. A PROVING EVIDENCE THAT WOMEN ARE STRONGER THAN MEN, AS WE GIVE BIRTH TO LIFE, WHICH IS ONE DYNAMIC PHENOMENA ANY MAN CAN NEVER EXPERIENCE. WOMEN EXPERIENCED EVERYTHING A MAN CAN EXPERIENCE.
Re: Why Single Parent by Mesmerize(f): 4:00am On Jun 29, 2008
Funny! Male one sec, female the next
Re: Why Single Parent by LAKANYE(m): 4:04am On Jun 29, 2008
Mesmerize:

Funny! Male one sec, female the next

SISTER, YOU DEY JEALOUS ME

ABI I STOPPED YOU
Re: Why Single Parent by TOH(f): 4:09am On Jun 29, 2008
IBERE OSI MEANS "ENRICHED POVERTY" IN YORUBA LAND.

Here I thought it meant "stupid question". Abeg shut up and reply when you know what you are talking about.

My first reply was to the OP's question btw.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get A House Help In Nigeria / Potty Training - Your Expert Advice / My Mom's Elder Sister Is Threathening To Throw My Family Out Of Her House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.