Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,261 members, 7,807,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? (1468 Views)

Meet The World's Smallest Android Phone With 2.4inches Screen Size + Specs / Best 6.0" Screen Size Android Smartphone. / How To Change Your Game/application Screen Size With Your Symbian Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by Nobody: 1:25am On Aug 11, 2013
Like 4 real all i hear now is 4.7" 5" and lg realesed G2 with 5.2" which is bigger than galaxy note 1 screen. Galaxy note is a phablet yet devices with 5" and the G2 is a phone. But thats the point i dont get. A phone suppose to be small. Left 4 me, i prefer 4.5 inches and below. But there is no phone with high specs with about 4" screen apart from the iphone. To me its so sick. Does screen size nt matter to the OEM's? what of me that likes great specs but smaller screen? 5" is too large! 4 christ sake its a phone not a TV! If u want to see larger pictures, buy a phablet or tablet or PC! Or connect ur phone to ur TV! Unless u dont have one!
Well thats what i think. What do u think about phone screen sizies?
Full Touch screen fones!

2 Likes

Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by sammirano: 1:37am On Aug 11, 2013
it matters, for me i like large screen esp. for touch screen.
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by madone: 4:38am On Aug 11, 2013
YeS Large one for that matter
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by Nobody: 6:51am On Aug 11, 2013
I like it really large. something like the Samsung galaxy LCD flat screen 14" tv lol

1 Like

Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 11, 2013
Why do u guy lyk larger screen? Me im perfectly okay with 4-inch

1 Like

Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by Francheezy(m): 7:35am On Aug 11, 2013
runzlord: Why do u guy lyk larger screen? Me im perfectly okay with 4-inch
Same here

1 Like

Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by starlightRR(m): 7:38am On Aug 11, 2013
5" is perfect to me especially if its a screen touch phone.....

1 Like

Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by slinkman(m): 12:12pm On Aug 11, 2013
anything less than 4.7 is a no go area for me...
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by everyday: 1:03pm On Aug 11, 2013
I love 7 inch phablets
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by nani667: 1:10pm On Aug 11, 2013
runzlord: Like 4 real all i hear now is 4.7" 5" and lg realesed G2 with 5.2" which is bigger than galaxy note 1 screen. Galaxy note is a phablet yet devices with 5" and the G2 is a phone. But thats the point i dont get. A phone suppose to be small. Left 4 me, i prefer 4.5 inches and below. But there is no phone with high specs with about 4" screen apart from the iphone. To me its so sick. Does screen size nt matter to the OEM's? what of me that likes great specs but smaller screen? 5" is too large! 4 christ sake its a phone not a TV! If u want to see larger pictures, buy a phablet or tablet or PC! Or connect ur phone to ur TV! Unless u dont have one!
Well thats what i think. What do u think about phone screen sizies?
Full Touch screen fones!
point of correction...The Galaxy note 1 screen is 5.3 inches.....

1 Like

Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
everyday: I love 7 inch phablets
Guy we re talking bout fones
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by Mannylex(m): 8:49pm On Aug 11, 2013
When a phone is too big, it defeats portability and mobility which should be a major feature. When the screen is more than 4.9" itz something else.
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by Mahdtoy: 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
I really prefer 5'' screen cost is help me read a lot. Expecially pdf text book, online assignment etc.
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by nani667: 10:50pm On Aug 11, 2013
Mahdtoy: I really prefer 5'' screen cost is help me read a lot. Expecially pdf text book, online assignment etc.
and it also enhances gaming experience....
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Aug 11, 2013
Reading? Does lager screen improve reading? I dont think so. But gaming? It does sumhow bt yet im ok wit games on a 4-inch.
I like when i can firmly hold my phone and operate it with just one hand! I dont have to hold it with one and use the orther to operate it lyk most 5-inch phone users do
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by LordReed(m): 1:01am On Aug 12, 2013
runzlord: Reading? Does lager screen improve reading? I dont think so. But gaming? It does sumhow bt yet im ok wit games on a 4-inch.
I like when i can firmly hold my phone and operate it with just one hand! I dont have to hold it with one and use the orther to operate it lyk most 5-inch phone users do

And when gaming you use one hand too? Don't kid yourself two handed phone operation has been around since the days of Blackberry's first phones. BTW what disadvantage does two handed operation have?
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by Emmyk(m): 2:32am On Aug 12, 2013
It does. Using 2.4 inches for a long time now. I do hate it tho, when I see bigger ones. I feel like my phone's useless. cheesy
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by MrJupiter: 3:09am On Aug 12, 2013
runzlord:
Guy we re talking bout fones
So what differentiates a fone from a phablet from a tablet?
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by LordReed(m): 6:42am On Aug 12, 2013
Mr Jupiter:
So what differentiates a fone from a phablet from a tablet?

Screen size. Unofficially phones are anywhere from 0 to 5.2inches while phablet start from 5.3 to 6.9inches then tablets are 7.0inches to about 11.9inches.
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by austinsmat(m): 6:44am On Aug 12, 2013
4.5 is the best because is not too big and not too small
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by sniperwolf(m): 7:59am On Aug 12, 2013
I don't think I can use beyond a 4.7" or 5" screen
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 12, 2013
Lord_Reed:

And when gaming you use one hand too? Don't kid yourself two handed phone operation has been around since the days of Blackberry's first phones. BTW what disadvantage does two handed operation have?
At least u can make a call using one hand. Thats what i mean. Nt necessary gaming! Can u hold a 5-inch phone firmly and mange to launch euen just one app? That what i mean.
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 12, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Screen size. Unofficially phones are anywhere from 0 to 5.2inches while phablet start from 5.3 to 6.9inches then tablets are 7.0inches to about 11.9inches.
There are tablets of 13-inch. And phone stops at 5-inch. Forget that G2 whether they lyk it or not its a phablet!
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by LordReed(m): 12:42pm On Aug 12, 2013
runzlord:
At least u can make a call using one hand. Thats what i mean. Nt necessary gaming! Can u hold a 5-inch phone firmly and mange to launch euen just one app? That what i mean.

One handed calling is a snap on devices up to 5.5in for me so I don't find it a hassle. I currently use a 4.7in device and unless I am seated I don't use two hands to call especially when driving (bad habit I know wink) I only have one hand free, don't have a problem. From people with smaller hands maybe they'd have an issue.

I hope to move up to a bigger device soon 'cause browsing and offline reading is much better on a larger screen. I prefer tabs for mobile gaming, phones for reading because I can easily hold the phone same way I'd hold a paper book while laying in bed.
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by LordReed(m): 12:43pm On Aug 12, 2013
runzlord:
There are tablets of 13-inch. And phone stops at 5-inch. Forget that G2 whether they lyk it or not its a phablet!

Which tablet is 13in?
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by Nobody: 1:43am On Aug 13, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Which tablet is 13in?
Asus tranformer pad
http://www.asus.com/vivo/en/transformerBook.htm
Re: Does Phone Screen Size Matter To You? by Nobody: 2:20am On Aug 13, 2013
5.5" the highest I can go angry

(1) (Reply)

Lenovo S650 Users Lets Meet Here... / How To Transfer Data From Blackberry Bold 9000 To Iphone 6 Plus / Please ,is Glo Bb Subscribtion Works On Android And Window Phone???///

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.