Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? (1565 Views)

The Very Poor Boy At Silverbird Galleria / Help I Need Adviseā€¦.should I Go Ahead And Marry Her Or Not? / Is It Possible To Marry A Poor Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by eddyland: 10:58am On Aug 11, 2013
I jst saw some piteous conditions some guys that got married and with kids are undergoin because of lack of money and it realy got me wondering. This morning I went to visit a friend, and the guy that was managing in the security house close to the gate of my friends compound has been evacuated because the landlord that offered him the place wants to make use of the place. Ok now I saw him,his wife and their two little kids just perching at the compound, obviously no place to go to. And I have known the guy for a while, and ever since i know him things have not being that easy for him. See him, see his wife and two little kids, just perching outside just like that, exposing the little kids to harsh environmental condition, i now begin to wonder, is it even by force to get married and bring in kids into the world that we cannot even take care of and just allow them to suffer for what they dont even know. Because it is even now very obvious that this guy was not even able to take care of himself very well but he went and pick a wife which i cant tell if they were legally married or not and with two very little kids of theirs. So is it really worth it to pick a wife even in our sorry condition?
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by onuwaje(m): 11:02am On Aug 11, 2013
@op what is 'very very poor?'
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 11, 2013
Why should a 'very poor' man get married? undecided. Which money you wan use take care of your family . Which girl even wants to marry a 'very poor man' tongue
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by djeezy(m): 11:24am On Aug 11, 2013
@op by very poor do you mean destitute, impecunious, bankrupt, insolvent? A man should fix himself and ensure he is fit enough to cater for the needs of the family, that's the most important thing. You need not be as affluent as Dangote before you get married. Why do poor people have more kids than the rich?
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 11, 2013
djeezy: @op by very poor do you mean destitute, impecunious, bankrupt, insolvent? A man should fix himself and ensure he is fit enough to cater for the needs of the family, that's the most important thing. You need not be as affluent as Dangote before you get married. Why do poor people have more kids than the rich?
In Igboland, children are considered as riches. A man with plenty children is considered wealthy gringrin
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by djeezy(m): 11:43am On Aug 11, 2013
Baybe: In Igboland, children are considered as riches. A man with plenty children is considered wealthy gringrin
A man who can take care of all his children is the true riches. Not children with empty stomach.

1 Like

Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 11, 2013
djeezy: A man who can take care of all his children is the true riches. Not children with empty stomach.
grinlipsrsealed
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by frainc(m): 1:31pm On Aug 11, 2013
OP, i didn't understand what u mean by 'very poor'

back to ur topic
i believe one thing in life
as long as u ve someth doing
i mean someth dat put food on ur table
my dear, u can get urself a wife

what makes some of us tink or lookdown on ourselfs as a poor person is just dat we lack ability to plane wit what we earn

so a low class man can get a wife and live a manageable life
only if he can plane wit what he earn
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by eddyland: 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2013
'very poor' just being emphatic of the level of poverty. because for person like Dangote, a man with two million in his account might look like a poor person to him.
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by EfemenaXY: 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
^^ Poorness is of the mind.

Having said that, even poorness with regards to financial wealth get levels. What sort of level are you talking about here? Destitute? Living under the bridge? Face-me-I-face-you??

Which one?
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by Kanwulia: 8:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
Yes!
BUT ONLY TO A VERRRRRY RICH GAL!!! kiss
Not a socio-economic LEECH like himself! kiss

See Dumebi Kachukwu and Chidi Mokeme? wink
Or Jaleel Disu? wink

Nothing wrong with using ya sweeeeeeet BLOKOS to 'H-ELEVATE' your 'STA-TUE'!!! kiss

Women do it all the time ke! Why not men? cool
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 12, 2013
I tire for people sha.

If you're poor, like so poor you can't afford a roof over your head when you're out on your a$$ because you're unemployed, you have no business having an e-rection, not to talk of sticking it into a woman. For you, in fact, masturbaytiing with engine oil, soap and vaseline is permitted.

Why bring kids into the world to suffer, and turn out to be like you? Those kids will end up like their pa, no 2 ways about it. The fruit does not fall far from the tree.

Rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by jaybee3(m): 6:58am On Aug 12, 2013
mollytinrox: I tire for people sha.

If you're poor, like so poor you can't afford a roof over your head when you're out on your a$$ because you're unemployed, you have no business having an e-rection, not to talk of sticking it into a woman. For you, in fact, masturbaytiing with engine oil, soap and vaseline is permitted.

Why bring kids into the world to suffer, and turn out to be like you? Those kids will end up like their pa, no 2 ways about it. The fruit does not fall far from the tree.

Rubbish.
Are u basically saying hanging ourselves is a better option? angry angry angry

gggggrrrrrhhhhhhh to da engine oil part.
what a meanie u r
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by EfemenaXY: 7:11am On Aug 12, 2013
^^ Having kids is not a do or die affair.

Let him sort himself out first before entertaining thoughts of marriage. Kids deserve the very best in life. We owe it to them as their parents to give them just that. Afterall, they didn't ask to be born, nor be brought into a life dirt poor background life of hand-to-mouth hard grafting for their daily bread.

Rubbish.

Spot on!

The last thing society needs are couples who ignore the fact that they can barely eke out a living for themselves, but choose to breed like rabbits. Then they go on to phase 2 calling on the government, community and well meaning Nigerians to help them feed the extra mouths they brought forth.

1 Like

Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by onuwaje(m): 7:31am On Aug 12, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Poorness is of the mind.

Having said that, even poorness with regards to financial wealth get levels. What sort of level are you talking about here? Destitute? Living under the bridge? Face-me-I-face-you??

Which one?
hehee u av spoken well... Over to u @op
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by eddyland: 8:34am On Aug 12, 2013
onuwaje: hehee u av spoken well... Over to u @op
Destitute
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 12, 2013
If you are poor, you can marry but pls, do go producing kids that will be hungry and no money for education, exception if you are a farmer and promise to homeschool your kid.

Too many kids suffering in this world.
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by Godson201333(m): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2013
Yes this is what is happening in Nigeria.

You will see a poor Man having more than 4 wives and of course more than 20 children and yet no money to care or them.

Some will go under the excuse of looking for a male child at the end they are gonna give birth to more than 8 kids and no money.

I have seen enough.

If you once lived in places like US ya gonna know that taking care of just a single child no be beans.
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by OfficeGirl(f): 11:11am On Aug 13, 2013
Why marry if you do not have the means to cater to the family?
A man should first get a job before thinking of marriage.
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
The unambitious ones have not a chance in hell
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by Nobody: 4:58am On Aug 15, 2013
Being married doesn't mean you have to immediately have a family.
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by Youngzedd(m): 8:05am On Aug 15, 2013
Baybe: In Igboland, children are considered as riches. A man with plenty children is considered wealthy gringrin

Said by who, where did you got that from
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by Youngzedd(m): 8:07am On Aug 15, 2013
Chillisauce: If you are poor, you can marry but pls, do go producing kids that will be hungry and no money for education, exception if you are a farmer and promise to homeschool your kid.

Too many kids suffering in this world.

Many mehn. tears on my eyes.
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2013

Rubbish.

Oooooohhhhhhh Laaawwwwddddd.....
that second sentence grin grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by juman(m): 1:41pm On Aug 17, 2013
eddyland: I jst saw some piteous conditions some guys that got married and with kids are undergoin because of lack of money and it realy got me wondering. This morning I went to visit a friend, and the guy that was managing in the security house close to the gate of my friends compound has been evacuated because the landlord that offered him the place wants to make use of the place. Ok now I saw him,his wife and their two little kids just perching at the compound, obviously no place to go to. And I have known the guy for a while, and ever since i know him things have not being that easy for him. See him, see his wife and two little kids, just perching outside just like that, exposing the little kids to harsh environmental condition, i now begin to wonder, is it even by force to get married and bring in kids into the world that we cannot even take care of and just allow them to suffer for what they dont even know. Because it is even now very obvious that this guy was not even able to take care of himself very well but he went and pick a wife which i cant tell if they were legally married or not and with two very little kids of theirs. So is it really worth it to pick a wife even in our sorry condition?

I sorry for the guy and his small family.

We nigerians are people without any country.

To hell with one nigeria.
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by onuwaje(m): 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2013
eddyland:
Destitute
ur PAPA
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by eddyland: 5:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Poorness is of the mind.

Which one?
onuwaje: hehee u av spoken well... Over to u @op
Destitute
onuwaje: ur PAPA
We all call for change in Nigeria, but it is obvious that we ourselves need to change first, because we also have strong and wrong attitudinal problem. Must you insult somebody on the forum all the time, what calls or warrants the insult? if you cannot follow up comments and threads in a forum, why not just keep mute rather than being barbaric
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by onuwaje(m): 8:21pm On Aug 17, 2013
eddyland:
Destitute

We all call for change in Nigeria, but it is obvious that we ourselves need to change first, because we also have strong and wrong attitudinal problem. Must you insult somebody on the forum all the time, what calls or warrants the insult? if you cannot follow up comments and threads in a forum, why not just keep mute rather than being barbaric
thanks mr 'right'... I will not sit down and keep shut when someone insults me ok... Thanks for ur advice tho
Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 17, 2013
onuwaje: thanks mr 'right'... I will not sit down and keep shut when someone insults me ok... Thanks for ur advice tho
I see, he wasn't insulting you. He was only providing an answer to efemana's question. Its all a misunderstanding. You guys shld kiss and makeup grin
onuwaje: thanks mr 'right'... I will not sit down and keep shut when someone insults me ok... Thanks for ur advice tho
I see, he wasn't insulting you. He was only providing an answer to efemana's question. Its all a misunderstanding. You guys shld kiss and makeup

1 Like

Re: Should A Very Poor Guy Go And Marry? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2013
No, they should not get married...

(1) (Reply)

40-year-old Zimbabwean Mother Set To Marry Own Son / Ogunnaike / 8 Silent Ways Your Hubby Is Screaming 'I Love You!'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.