Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Problem With '07 Nissan Maxima Gear - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Problem With '07 Nissan Maxima Gear (3668 Views)

. / Help Nissan Maxima Not Accelerating / Help! My Car Is Overheating (Nissan Maxima 2000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With '07 Nissan Maxima Gear by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 11, 2013
I'm currently using a 2007 Nissan Maxima and I'm experiencing a little trouble with the transmission. Its automatic transmission and it seems to get locked a lot unless I press the shift-lock button..dunno what could be wrong, any help would be appreciated.
Re: Problem With '07 Nissan Maxima Gear by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
bhurlarh: I'm currently using a 2007 Nissan Maxima and I'm experiencing a little trouble with the transmission. Its automatic transmission and it seems to get locked a lot unless I press the shift-lock button..dunno what could be wrong, any help would be appreciated.

explain the locked

also put the engine size
Re: Problem With '07 Nissan Maxima Gear by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 11, 2013
Okay, its a 3.5L V6 SE(I thought all maximas come in 3.5L V6) buh by lock I mean it sometimes get stuck in "Park" and wouldn't shift to "Drive" except I press the shift lock button. Even going from Drive to Reverse requires pressing the shift lock button. Happened earlier and my mechanic said it was an electrical fault, he fixed it and it worked well briefly, now it would work sometimes, other times, it won't.
Re: Problem With '07 Nissan Maxima Gear by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 11, 2013
bhurlarh: Okay, its a 3.5L V6 SE(I thought all maximas come in 3.5L V6) buh by lock I mean it sometimes get stuck in "Park" and wouldn't shift to "Drive" except I press the shift lock button. Even going from Drive to Reverse requires pressing the shift lock button. Happened earlier and my mechanic said it was an electrical fault, he fixed it and it worked well briefly, now it would work sometimes, other times, it won't.
If your car is 2007, then it should be CVT. What exactly is the nature of the"electrical fault" diagnosed by your mechanic?
Re: Problem With '07 Nissan Maxima Gear by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
Costee:
If your car is 2007, then it should be CVT. What exactly is the nature of the"electrical fault" diagnosed by your mechanic?

He never told me. Although the SES light isn't on either. He only fixed it and it worked temporarily and now it comes and sometimes doesn't.
Re: Problem With '07 Nissan Maxima Gear by nissparts(m): 8:13pm On Aug 11, 2013
It's either a problem from the brake switch or the shift lock solenoid under your shifter
Re: Problem With '07 Nissan Maxima Gear by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2013
nissparts: It's either a problem from the brake switch or the shift lock solenoid under your shifter
The right path, very likely the shift lock solenoid valve.
Re: Problem With '07 Nissan Maxima Gear by psych1: 9:31pm On Aug 11, 2013
OP. 2007 Altima has several problems associated with it as it is reaching 80000 mileage. Read more

2007 Nissan Altima Jerking, Whining Noise, Gears Not Changing | CarComplaints.com http://m.carcomplaints.com/Nissan/Altima/2007/transmission/jerking_whining_noise_gears_not_changing.shtml
Re: Problem With '07 Nissan Maxima Gear by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
psych+:
OP. 2007 Altima has several problems associated with it as it is reaching 80000 mileage. Read more

2007 Nissan Altima Jerking, Whining Noise, Gears Not Changing | CarComplaints.com http://m.carcomplaints.com/Nissan/Altima/2007/transmission/jerking_whining_noise_gears_not_changing.shtml
The OP says his car is Maxima.
Re: Problem With '07 Nissan Maxima Gear by cardoctor(m): 12:28am On Aug 12, 2013
bhurlarh: Okay, its a 3.5L V6 SE(I thought all maximas come in 3.5L V6) buh by lock I mean it sometimes get stuck in "Park" and wouldn't shift to "Drive" except I press the shift lock button. Even going from Drive to Reverse requires pressing the shift lock button. Happened earlier and my mechanic said it was an electrical fault, he fixed it and it worked well briefly, now it would work sometimes, other times, it won't.

Check your brake light switch which is on the brake pedal and see if its ok as you will always have to depress the brake pedal to shift from Park to Reverse and Neutral to Reverse and then into Park again.

Also check the shift lock solenoid. Its a safety device controlled by the brake switch and if not working properly, you may be having the difficulties that you just complained about.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Problem With '07 Nissan Maxima Gear by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
Okay y'all, I'd check those and get back to you with what I was able to get, hopefully it'll solve it. Thanks in advance

(1) (Reply)

Front & Rear Engine Mounts For 7th Gen Accord: New Or Used? / How Much Does An Audi Q7 Cost In Lagos? / Pls I Need Advice: Car Vibrates At Idle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.