Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

What if Satan Repent? Will He Make Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What if Satan Repent? Will He Make Heaven? (2534 Views)

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / If Satan Disappears, Then God Is Useless / If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What if Satan Repent? Will He Make Heaven? by phoneport(m): 3:49pm On Aug 11, 2013
At work i and my friends were talking about the fall of Lucifer and why he and 1/3 of the angels were cast out of heaven.  
We know that Lucifer's problem was not so much that he wanted to be like God. His problem was that he wanted to be God.  He was jealous that God had the power to create and he didn't. 
So God could have but did not immediately destroy Lucifer because He loves him.

He had to allow sin to play its role here on earth to show the rest of the universe just how bad sin is. God also did not want the other angels to love Him out of fear for their life, but out of true love, a decision, a choice. So from the discussion, someone asked this question, 'if it was at all possible that Satan could still repent of his sins and be forgiven?
Could Satan be allowed back into heaven if he truly repented? It definitely stirred my mind. What do you think? Post your comments.

Re: What if Satan Repent? Will He Make Heaven? by TUMIC(m): 10:27am On Aug 12, 2013
I'm not religious but I'll give it a shot - it wouldn't happen. According to the Bible the future's already written and that version of the future doesn't involve a twist ending in which Satan repents.

But I think it would be an interesting twist in the story, maybe Satan repents get's right with God but its all a ruse to stab God in the back, then Satan wins ... good strategy. The question is what would happen to all that evil? You see one of my main problems with the Bible is it does nothing to explain where evil comes from, its just says something about sin being found in Lucifer and all of a sudden he turns evil in an otherwise righteous Universe (doesn't make much sense). So maybe after he repents the evil breaks off and looks for a new host like the symbiote from Spider-Man.
Re: What if Satan Repent? Will He Make Heaven? by Emusan(m): 12:03pm On Aug 12, 2013
TUMIC: I'm not religious but I'll give it a shot - it wouldn't happen.

You're right!

According to the Bible the future's already written and that version of the future doesn't involve a twist ending in which Satan repents.

You're also right! But one thing left, in essence that if a sinner recognises that he/she is a sinner then wide open door of repentance can be predicted even if he/she didn't repent at that particular time.

But I think it would be an interesting twist in the story, maybe Satan repents get's right with God but its all a ruse to stab God in the back, then Satan wins ... good strategy.

Maybe!

The question is what would happen to all that evil?

They will still get their reward of being evil.

You see one of my main problems with the Bible is it does nothing to explain where evil comes from, its just says something about sin being found in Lucifer and all of a sudden he turns evil in an otherwise righteous Universe (doesn't make much sense). So maybe after he repents the evil breaks off and looks for a new host like the symbiote from Spider-Man.

If you read Bible very well you will know where evil comes from.

All heavenly bodies they have their own power given by God, after the fall of Adam when God came to visit them...and Adam said "I heard your voice God but I hid myself because I'm unclad"...God then asked "who told you that you're nake.d?" He said is the woman you gave me, she the one who gave my the forbiden fruit....then God asked the woman, why did you do this?....the woman answered....is was devil that beguiled me....but to devil no one to put the blame on meaning Devil's fall is self will which Bible says "Devil make himself proud to raise his throne above God" and all things opposite truth is from Devil.
Re: What if Satan Repent? Will He Make Heaven? by TUMIC(m): 12:24pm On Aug 12, 2013
well I agree with you
Re: What if Satan Repent? Will He Make Heaven? by PastorOluT(m): 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2013
Brother Emusan hope all is well with u? Nice one
@op, the devil can never repent even if he/God wants to, reason is simple; The devil/angels were created in their final state which makes their redemption impossible. But for man he was redeemed 'cos though he was created perfect but not perfected, which give room. Probably God did this after the fall of Satan knowing also that man would fall, did not create him perfect as the devil.
Re: What if Satan Repent? Will He Make Heaven? by noblefada: 2:04pm On Aug 12, 2013
@Phoneport you don't know what u're saying, ur knowledge about satan is very limited, in fact none of those thing u wrote about him is true.
@op satan cannot repent because repentance was only made available to man by Christ Jesus. satan is a spirit no provision was made available for spirits hence satan cannot repent.
Re: What if Satan Repent? Will He Make Heaven? by Paulscholari(m): 2:14pm On Aug 12, 2013
@OP, lets thank GOD, that we humans have the grace to repent, cos JESUS died for us, but for the demons and devil JESUS didnt die for them..even thou they long to repent but they are not given the grace to..praise GOD,Amen.
Re: What if Satan Repent? Will He Make Heaven? by phoneport(m): 6:15pm On Aug 12, 2013
noblefada: @Phoneport you don't know what u're saying, ur knowledge about satan is very limited, in fact none of those thing u wrote about him is true.
@op satan cannot repent because repentance was only made available to man by Christ Jesus. satan is a spirit no provision was made available for spirits hence satan cannot repent.

Jesus came in human form for humans, but don't forget he is a spirit also. So who has limited knowledge?

(1) (Reply)

General Overseer Converts To Islam / Deliverance From Spirit Spouses Part Two ( 2) / What Is Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.