Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, (19383 Views)

Buhari Won’t Respect His 'Noise Makers' Cabinet - PDP / I Begged Tinubu And Akande To Make Buhari Their Presidential Candidate-Dasuki / Governorship Polls: Jonathan Warns Against Intimidation Of Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by dewale2k: 8:43pm On Aug 11, 2013
The presidency has reacted to Mr. Akande’s comment that Mr. Jonathan is a “kindergarten president”

The presidency has reacted angrily to remarks by the All Progressives Congress (APC) chieftain, Bisi Akande, Saturday, dismissing President Goodluck Jonathan as an “unserious-minded president” who runs a “kindergarten presidency”.

In a rare rebuke, Aso Rock warned Mr. Akande to “respect his age” advised him and the APC against defaming the person of the president and the office he occupies as there were laws prohibiting against such.

“We have noted with dismay the continuation of efforts by leaders of the opposition to promote themselves and their party through the irresponsible denigration of President Goodluck Jonathan and the exalted Office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,” a statement by presidential spokesperson, Reuben Abati, said Sunday.

“The interim national chairman of the APC, Chief Bisi Akande sank to a new low in this regard yesterday when he rudely and falsely described President Jonathan as a “kindergarten” leader who treats national issues with levity.

“Chief Bisi Akande has every right to embark on a flight of fancy about the APC beating the PDP in the 2015 general elections, but he does no justice to his age and status when he resorts to propagating falsehood, wilfully insulting the President of his country, impugning his integrity and desecrating the very office which his party wishes to take over in 2015 by fair or foul means.

“We urge Chief Akande and his fellow-travellers to remember that there are laws against libel and defamation of character in this country even if there are no legal impediments to indecorous, hypocritical and unpatriotic vituperations.

“It is certainly rude, ill-mannered, uncharitable and hypocritical for Chief Akande to falsely and cavalierly allege that a President who toils tirelessly every day of the week, evolving and implementing workable solutions to Nigeria’s problems, is handling national issues with levity.”

The statement also accused Mr. Akande of trying to draw the president into a battle of words so as to shift the public’s attention from the ongoing tussle between former head of state, Muhammadu Buhari, and ex Lagos state governor, Bola Tinubu, two stalwarts in the newly formed opposition party.

“Also, nothing else but gross ignorance and lack of consideration could have led Chief Akande to refer to a President who, having served as deputy governor, governor, vice president and president, has far more experience of governance at the highest level than him and his preferred “candidates”, as a kindergarten leader,” the statement continued.

“‘By his very unguarded and intemperate outburst yesterday, Chief Akande exhibited not only an unbecoming lack of respect for the person and office of the President of his country, but also a complete disregard for the patriotic feelings of the millions of Nigerians who voted for President Jonathan and who continue to appreciate his sincere efforts to positively transform the nation.

“It is very sad and unfortunate that unbridled ambition for the office they constantly impugn and denigrate has blinded Chief Akande and his ilk to the visible accomplishments of the Jonathan Presidency.

“Certainly, nothing else but a manic and unscrupulous quest for power could have led them to make such accusations against a President who, who amongst other significant achievements, has been praised for his handling of the insurgency in some parts of Northern Nigeria where he has used a combination of diplomacy and targeted military force to contain the security threat.”

Speaking to journalists on Saturday in his Ila-Orangun country home, Mr. Akande had criticized the president’s failure to tackle the array of needs facing the country including breakdown in infrastructure, insecurity and political impunity.

“I have my reasons not to admire President Goodluck Jonathan. I have not found him to be a serious-minded leader. Jonathan is Nigeria’s problem today. He is not a thinking leader.

“I have had two meetings with him since 2011. I have had a long telephone conversation with him. I have written him twice discussing the serious challenges facing the country but he has not found the courtesy to reply. He has reduced governance to kindergarten level. He is not serious-minded.”

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/142588-respect-your-age-jonathan-warns-bisi-akande.html

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by webpower84: 8:59pm On Aug 11, 2013
Hahaha! Which one be kindergarten president again? Jonathan don see something

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by takedat(m): 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
Why is Abati angry? Are we not aware of his propensity to resort to the use of foul language against the critics of President Jonathan? "Collective children of anger, Medieval era Ignoramus, Sophisticated Ignorance, habitual indolence and brainlessness etc." Abati should watch his own vitriol, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

30 Likes

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by awodman: 9:13pm On Aug 11, 2013
take dat: Why is Abati angry? Are we not aware of his propensity to resort to the use of foul language against the critics of President Jonathan? "Collective children of anger, Medieval era Ignoramus, Sophisticated Ignorance, habitual indolence and brainlessness etc." Abati should watch his own vitriol, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Lai mohammed showed the way and Abati after much restraint followed suit...only for Lai mohammed to chicken out and turned around to beg abati to tone down on his choice of words.Have you seen Lai address the president in derogatory terms after Abati's fire..So simply Bisi Akande deserves the dish served him by Abati..

19 Likes

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by plaindealer: 9:25pm On Aug 11, 2013
In a rare rebuke, Aso Rock warned Mr. Akande to “respect his age” advised him and the APC against defaming the person of the president and the office he occupies as there were laws prohibiting against such

What law exacly is this petty primary school president talking about? Go to court and say lock him up because he's abusing me?

And the joker is mad because they called him kindergarten president? Is he not even worse than a kindergarten school kid?

33 Likes

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by takedat(m): 9:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
awodman:
Lai mohammed showed the way and Abati after much restraint followed suit...only for Lai mohammed to chicken out and turned around to beg abati to tone down on his choice of words.Have you seen Lai address the president in derogatory terms after Abati's fire..So simply Bisi Akande deserves the dish served him by Abati..
Even if critics use harsh words against the President, it is incumbent on Abati not to reply in kind because he is not speaking for himself but for an institution. He has relegated the office of the President with articles barely reflected of Presidential restraint. He should carry on with the primeval recklessness and fire-for-fire strategy with critics since they run a kindergarten presidency.

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by malc619(m): 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2013
Kindergarten President

Lol....

grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by awodman: 9:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
take dat: Even if critics use harsh words against the President, it is incumbent on Abati not to reply in kind because he is not speaking for himself but for an institution. He has relegated the office of the President with articles barely reflected of Presidential restraint. He should carry on with the fire-for-fire strategy with critics since they run a kindergarten presidency.

I disagree with you..those are well deserved rebutalls

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by gregg2: 9:34pm On Aug 11, 2013
The manner these APC rascals talk most times amazes me. Imagine an old man like Akande opening his mouth wide like an area boy. Akande who does not have any legacy to show for in Osun State where he is former governor. Even to imagine that this same old fool using gutter language is the "Chairman" of APC . . . tufiakua

32 Likes

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by agbameta: 9:42pm On Aug 11, 2013
awodman:

Unfortunately for the kindergarten president and his dingbat loudmouths, abusing and insulting nigerians is what they do best so they have no moral authority to question or reply anybody for qualifying them based on own their actions and assertions.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by takedat(m): 9:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
awodman:
If his rebuttals are well deserved, he shouldn't be angry with those who also unleash their bombastic prowess against the Presidency. Its a universal principle that if an adult notices some younger, or rather foolish individual acting stupid, the presumed wiser adult is supposed to ignore whatever intention the person had in acting thus and do what is right to show the foolish person the way. But since Abati prefers the Oshodi-Mushin Markets Polygamous rivalry, constantly taunting eachother in a very bitter connubial rivalry, he must not be angry if critics call the President foolish or unserious-minded.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by Sibrah: 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2013
Meaning, most of the idea with which he runs this country comes from a slate abi. Now i see why our navy have been turned to swimming pool guards and why Sister J-on-earth dey run things so freely. Akande him be lyrical timer.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2013
gregg2: The manner these APC rascals talk most times amazes me. Imagine an old man like Akande opening his mouth wide like an area boy. Akande who does not have any legacy to show for in Osun State where he is former governor. Even to imagine that this same old fool using gutter language is the "Chairman" of APC . . . tufiakua
For you to claim Chief Bisi Akande has no legacy in Osun state shows you know nothing abt the man and his tenure as governor. I rest my case

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by Maxymilliano(m): 10:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
Chief Akande has not been known to be a wonderful reformer. His making such inflamatory statement because he wants to make a point as an opposition does not speak well.
Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by Aedesmuskeeto: 10:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
malc619: Kindergarten President

Lol....

grin grin grin

WTF!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by awodman: 10:18pm On Aug 11, 2013
take dat: If his rebuttals are well deserved, he shouldn't be angry with those who also unleash their bombastic prowess against the Presidency. Its a universal principle that if an adult notices some younger, or rather foolish individual acting stupid, the presumed wiser adult is supposed to ignore whatever intention the person had in acting thus and do what is right to show the foolish person the way. But since Abati prefers the Oshodi-Mushin Markets Polygamous rivalry, constantly taunting eachother in a very bitter connubial rivalry, he must not be angry if critics call the President foolish or unserious-minded.
Let me give you a short story..
A certain white garment pastor will always come to my street to do early morning cry(preaching)..whenever he starts his sermon,a certain well built young man will start pouring all kinds of diatribes against his person..this continued for long and the pastor will just go on with his preaching exercising all the restrain he can..a certain day came and this pastor couldn't take it no more,he simply removed his white robe,dropped his bell and bible and reached for this young man and gave him the beating of his life.After the beating he still continued with his preaching...

So what am I saying in effect is that if insulting statements are not made in the 1st place they won't be need for rebutals..its on record that since 2011 the opposition has been dishing out loads of insults to the president and it only took this year for the presidency to reply in like manner.What other restraint do you want them to exercise??

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by ballabriggs: 10:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
He is truly a kindergarten leader. When did it become defamation to say such about a leader? I have watched the Britain's PMQ where Ed Milliband referred to David Cameron as "clueless" and "incompetent". On one of the PMQ's Milliband told him "it is a downgraded economy, a downgraded Chancellor and a downgraded Prime Minister".

If Jona was not a kindergarten leader, then he and his m0r0nic aides will not have brought out this watery response.

What is defamation in telling him he is clueless and an unserious leader?

With this response he further supports Akande's position that he is truly unserious. To talk of "rudeness" and defamation here shows these are truly unserious people.

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by Goddex: 10:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
Akinsolacupid: For you to claim Chief Bisi Akande has no legacy in Osun state shows you know nothing abt the man and his tenure as governor. I rest my case

Why not simply list out those legacies.
Bisi Akande was a very dull governor. His administration performed far below average. I am familiar with Osun state but do not know his legacies. And it's laughable when past leaders who scored F9 in their time suddenly turn themselves to critics because they are out of Power. Get me right, I do not think he was too harsh. Yes, I have seen the US Republican party use such strong words on Obama too. My argument is that Chief Bisi was a complete failure as governor and does not have any moral right to criticize government.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by takedat(m): 10:57pm On Aug 11, 2013
awodman:
A certain white garment pastor will always come to my street to do early morning cry(preaching)..whenever he starts his sermon,a certain well built young man will start pouring all kinds of diatribes against his person..this continued for long and the pastor will just go on with his preaching exercising all the restrain he can..a certain day came and this pastor couldn't take it no more,he simply removed his white robe,dropped his bell and bible and reached for this young man and gave him the beating of his life.After the beating he still continued with his preaching...

So what am I saying in effect is that if insulting statements are not made in the 1st place they won't be need for rebutals..its on record that since 2011 the opposition has been dishing out loads of insults to the president and it only took this year for the presidency to reply in like manner.What other restraint do you want them to exercise??
What is the moral of this fable? An 'Unforbearing man of God'? Or a Tout c.um Pastor?

Bros, the Presidency should do away with the endless, needless and puerile political bickering. The Presidency is expected to respond to a petty opposition with maturity and civility. These market women ensnaring and frequent whinings takes away any serious discourse to resolve important issues and exacerbates the situation.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by BrokenTV: 11:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
There is nothing APC can do the kindergarten president will rule them till 2019. Whoever who those not like it should cocumer go hug wet transformer.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by Plshavmercyamen: 11:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
This is called "political roforofoism and Agberoism". But, Akande gave reasons why he came to the conclusion that Jona is "unserious" and "runs kindergaten presidency". Our argument here should be, Is Akande's reasons for arriving at such a conclusion valid or not?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by feminancy(m): 11:10pm On Aug 11, 2013
Wrong choice of words from the opposition .
Akande wrong
Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by plaindealer: 11:11pm On Aug 11, 2013
awodman:

Still, you lost the moral ground not only for responding with the same likewise insults, buit also for using the same insults and gutter language on Nigerians and other oponents.

This is not a communist country where you gag and lock people up for petty words against your poor performance. The kindergaten president should just shut and stay presidential.

Responding to every little thing is nothing but guilty conscience, pettiness an lack of focus.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by plaindealer: 11:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
A report was issued just yesterday about his poor performance regarding fight against hunger, he called then liars and blamed the report on political opponents.

Now ER and Akande stated the obvious and instead of defending their records with facts, they called liars and rained insults on them.

He picked up fights and insulted 3 diffrent people in one single day.

This incompetent man has little or not time to address the problems facing Nigerians, but he has time to pick up gifht with everybody.

We all know the only reason why he insult people is because he has nothing to defend his record with..

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by atlwireles: 11:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
plaindealer:

Still, you lost the moral ground not only for responding with the same likewise insults, buit also for using the same insults and gutter language on Nigerians and other oponents.

This is not a communist country where you gag and lock people up for petty words against your poor performance. The kindergaten president should just shut and stay presidential.

Responding to every little thing is nothing but guilty conscience, pettiness an lack of focus.

There is no moral ground in Nigerian politics, it took Jonah and PDP almost 2yrs to find this fact out. A Nigerian politican insults you, insult their parents. If he slaps you, you cut off his hands. That is the only thing Nigerians understand. So Abati MUST strip the old man Akande naked in public the next time, his tongue refuse to count his teeth..
Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by plaindealer: 11:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
atlwireles:

There is no moral ground in Nigerian politics, it took Jonah and PDP almost 2yrs to find this fact out. A Nigerian politican insults you, insult their parents. If he slaps you, you cut off his hands. That is the only thing Nigerians understand. So Abati MUST strip the old man Akande naked in public the next time, his tongue refuse to count his teeth..

I don't see any sense in this post so I'll pass.
Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by takedat(m): 11:30pm On Aug 11, 2013
atlwireles:

There is no moral ground in Nigerian politics, it took Jonah and PDP almost 2yrs to find this fact out. A Nigerian politican insults you, insult their parents. If he slaps you, you cut off his hands. That is the only thing Nigerians understand. So Abati MUST strip the old man Akande naked in public the next time, his mouth refuse to count his teeth..
And those ones too will strip the Presidency bare, and flog it out in the open. Who has more prestige and image to Protect? They should continue with the Political Roforoism. Is Abati not the one crying because someone accused the president of running a kindergarten presidency?

The funny thing is that most people will remember 'Kindergarten Presidency' than Abati's vitriol.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by atlwireles: 11:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
take dat: And those ones too will strip the Presidency bare, and flog it out in the open. Who has more prestige and image to Protect?
What prestige Do you have any value for the current occupant of the Presidency
Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by takedat(m): 11:39pm On Aug 11, 2013
atlwireles:
What prestige Do you have any value for the current occupant of the Presidency
Does the occupier of the Presidency value me'? Is he not promoting his own selfish interest and that of his cronies? I dey follow am chop N1billion food? grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by atlwireles: 11:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
take dat: Does the occupier of the Presidency have any value for me? Is he not promoting his own selfish interest and that of his cronies? I dey follow am chop N1billion food?lol!

You just made my point, so let's allow Abati do his job.
Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by takedat(m): 11:48pm On Aug 11, 2013
atlwireles:

You just made my point, so let's allow Abati do his job.
No one forced the Presidency on him. He personally volunteered so he should be ready to take the heat. The Presidency comes with gains and pains, after all, he his enjoying the pecks that come with the office so he should be ready to accommodate the criticisms as well.
Re: Jonathan Warns Bisi Akande To Respect His Age, by RtFNJ: 12:49am On Aug 12, 2013
plaindealer:

What law exacly is this petty primary school president talking about? Go to court and say lock him up because he's abusing me?

And the joker is mad because they called him kindergarten president? Is he not even worse than a kindergarten school kid?
Ur father and his generation can not attain GEJ's hyt. GBAM

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Candid Take On 2015 - Dele Momodu / Aisha Buhari Commissions UNIMAID Hostel (Photos) / Ose Anenih, Son Of Tony Anenih, Lost PDP House Of Representatives Election.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.