Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,313 members, 7,780,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:24 PM

There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. (14280 Views)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / King Jaja Of Opobo And Wives In The 1870s [ Location: Rivers State ] / Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 12:18am On Oct 13, 2013
Seems you are not a mentally strong and mature fellow,getting worked up over issues as minor as e-rantings by anonymous characters whose true identity and tribe is unverifiable online.do you live in cyberspace?looks like yoruba citizen has done a good job on you.
barcanista: My dear these guys are seriously making me lose respect for the igbo tribe.

All these rubbish they spew online the CAN'T try it in any part of Ijawland.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Sloan: 12:20am On Oct 13, 2013
Well if Nigeria breaks, no problem every one who wants to biafran will have to physically pack his bags and go to the ibo states of Imo, Abia, Ebonyi, Ananmbra or Enugu. No need for Rivers (SS or ND) people to worry about a damn thing! You get your land back, free for other more useful purposes. This is a good thing really so every country can use their resources to develop. Again, there is no need to fight ibos who say ibos are in Rivers because they are also in the SW and North just like any other Nigerian. The thing is they MUST leave back to their country and carry every of their possession (no abandoned property issue) including their houses. They will have to leave the land though - the land will only be for the native people of Rivers State!!

2 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 13, 2013
chima12: Igbo are in rivers just as hausa are in kano and yoruba are in ekiti.some of these threads are unnecessary.Its clear that imposters from the southwest are not happy to see any sign of peace and inter-ethnic harmony in the former eastern region,but all these online activities by imposters claiming to be ijaw,igbo and other southsouth tribes with the intent to cause ethnic strife between Igbo and neighboring tribes is an exercise in futility.
Old Eastern region was a political arrangement.
Agreed that we the Ijaws has had good trading relationship wt d igbos in the past, it stil doesn't make us brothers but neighbours.

As for your yoruba claiming Ijaw, dat is ur biz.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Sloan: 12:21am On Oct 13, 2013
chima12: Seems you are not a mentally strong and mature fellow,getting worked up over issues as minor as e-rantings by anonymous characters whose true identity and tribe is unverifiable online.do you live in cyberspace?looks like yoruba citizen has done a good job on you.

Why must you ibos always blame Yoruba for everything? Are you that insecure and always suffering from inferiority complex?? Na wah o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 13, 2013
chima12: Seems you are not a mentally strong and mature fellow,getting worked up over issues as minor as e-rantings by anonymous characters whose true identity and tribe is unverifiable online.do you live in cyberspace?looks like yoruba citizen has done a good job on you.
You are an 1d1ot....

Anyway, pls schedule a visit to Okrika, I will personally take you to our Amayanabo, say to him that Okrika and Igbos are one and see whether you will leave the palace alive.

If you still doubt me, PM me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Ikengawo: 12:28am On Oct 13, 2013
Sloan: Well if Nigeria breaks, no problem every one who wants to biafran will have to physically pack his bags and go to the ibo states of Imo, Abia, Ebonyi, Ananmbra or Enugu. No need for Rivers (SS or ND) people to worry about a damn thing! You get your land back, free for other more useful purposes. This is a good thing really so every country can use their resources to develop. Again, there is no need to fight ibos who say ibos are in Rivers because they are also in the SW and North just like any other Nigerian. The thing is they MUST leave back to their country and carry every of their possession (no abandoned property issue) including their houses. They will have to leave the land though - the land will only be for the native people of Rivers State!!

is it Amaechi or Odili that will pack first?

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 12:32am On Oct 13, 2013
Double post
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 13, 2013
Ikengawo:

is it Amaechi or Odili that will pack first?
Mr. Man Odili is from Ndoni. They are NOT Ijaws.
Ameachi is from Ikwerre, they deny Igbo yet they aren't Ijaws. They are settlers.

When you hear of "Native", the Ijaws comes to mind and other tribes like Ogoni, Andoni.
Being a governor doesn't change your identity.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 12:33am On Oct 13, 2013
Did you even read my posts before replying me?I have respect for you so I won't reply you with insult.where did I ever say that okrika and Igbo are one?where?
barcanista: You are an 1d1ot....

Anyway, pls schedule a visit to Okrika, I will personally take you to our Amayanabo, say to him that Okrika and Igbos are one and see whether you will leave the palace alive.

If you still doubt me, PM me.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 13, 2013
R
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ChimaAdeoye: 12:37am On Oct 13, 2013
Sloan: Well if Nigeria breaks, no problem every one who wants to biafran will have to physically pack his bags and go to the ibo states of Imo, Abia, Ebonyi, Ananmbra or Enugu. No need for Rivers (SS or ND) people to worry about a damn thing! You get your land back, free for other more useful purposes. This is a good thing really so every country can use their resources to develop. Again, there is no need to fight ibos who say ibos are in Rivers because they are also in the SW and North just like any other Nigerian. The thing is they MUST leave back to their country and carry every of their possession (no abandoned property issue) including their houses. They will have to leave the land though - the land will only be for the native people of Rivers State!!

Hehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin,

Wow , Igbos are in Rivers! I even found out today that there are Igbos in Delta !
Wow, why didn't Awolowo do the boundary adjustment well so that Igbos in the former midwest will be merged into eastern region and the ones in Port harcourt will all be executed and their land given to Yoruba?
Anyhow,If Nigeria breaks, they must abandon their land to Yoruba to inherit Port Harcourt and they must go and become refugees in Anambra.Afterall, its all Igboland grin grin grin grin grin grin wink wink wink wink wink

Aha! that is very smart. Oya, Clap for yourself yoruba dreamer!
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 12:39am On Oct 13, 2013
chima12: Did you even read my posts before replying me?I have respect for you so I won't reply you with insult.where did I ever say that okrika and Igbo are one?where?
Mr. Pls re-read your post. Everyone knows I don't hate the Ibo tribe nor any oda tribe, but I won't tolerate any tribe trying to gv impression that "Okrika" or Ijaw is an 'annex' to them
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 13, 2013
You shouldn't take some of these online issues too seriously. I am more of middle belt based,abuja-jos is my axis,iv only visited ph a few times for business and I hardly stay upto 5 days on each visit.you can't see me arguing about rivers state ethnic makeup or issues with anyone.
barcanista: Mr. Pls re-read your post. Everyone knows I don't hate the Ibo tribe nor any oda tribe, but I won't tolerate any tribe trying to gv impression that "Okrika" or Ijaw is an 'annex' to them
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by IGBOSON1: 2:54am On Oct 13, 2013
chima12: Did you even read my posts before replying me?I have respect for you so I won't reply you with insult.where did I ever say that okrika and Igbo are one?where?

^^^Please forgive the fool! He's swinging blindly hoping one of his feeble punches will land on something! wink
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by IGBOSON1: 2:56am On Oct 13, 2013
barcanista: Mr. Man Odili is from Ndoni. They are NOT Ijaws.
Ameachi is from Ikwerre, they deny Igbo yet they aren't Ijaws. They are settlers.

When you hear of "Native", the Ijaws comes to mind and other tribes like Ogoni, Andoni.

^^^Mr boy.....he wasn't talking to you!
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 3:16am On Oct 13, 2013
The temperature is so cold here, it seems someone has been pouring chilled water (known as ICE WATER in our local parlance) on these Arab-like expansionist Igbos.

It is time to put these invaders where they rightfully belong.
Good job, Omubo Barcanista.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 3:51am On Oct 13, 2013
ikwere militant: my frend idnt no ur beaf wit ibos bt i tink ure on d wrong side of d stret.nd if u say okrika are nt ibos,who re dey
The words (and a question?) of an Igbo-conquered Ikwerre militant milipede.

What a pity!

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 4:00am On Oct 13, 2013
barcanista: My friend stfu. Who are you? What Kingdom are you from? Okrika is NEVER Kalabari. Okrika is a Kingdom within the Ijaw Nation standing on its own so is Kalabari and others.

STOP spewing rubbish.
You are neither Okrikan nor a Kalabari. No Ijaw man will type what you wrote.

Ifianfi....Taaah...get away you...

Proudly Okrika
Be gentle with him bro!

For this to come from an Igbo man, I think that is the farthest they have ever been from error with regards to Ijaw issues.

There is really no hassle for someone to group Kalabari, Okrika & Andoni together, even if he ends up tagging them under a not-so-accurate name.

Trust me, I've been working on these guys a long time and this is a great improvement.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by naijaking1: 4:06am On Oct 13, 2013

Funny, if Ijaws are the natives in Igwe-ocha(PH), how come its the settlers(Ikwerres, Ndoni, and Elemes) that are selling land to other Nigerians, while the so-called Ijaw natives live in make shift squalor camps established in the 1970s

4 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 4:13am On Oct 13, 2013
donphilopus: Guy why vexing na?
I thought you were an afficionado of Biafra na, I never knew you were not

Every Ijaw man is a supporter of Biafra, so far its boundaries does not extend to Ijaw land and so far it does not force other Niger Deltan group against their wish.

We all supported an independent Igbo Biafra in1967 and still do, but you BETRAYED us first by denying us COR state, and then using the might of Eastern Region to invade our lands and treated us like animals.

Something you're so ashamed to admit for proper reconciliation with your ND masters. As long as you create for yourselves a false sense of superiority over us, you will always remain under us.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 4:17am On Oct 13, 2013
Ikengawo: Rivers is an Igbo state. I don't see where Ijaws get the nerve to start making claim to a state dominated by numerically and governed historically and currently by Igbos. If Port Harcourt (Igwe Ocha) isn't igbo water isn't wet
Are you serious or you're just intellectually & historical daft?
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Ikengawo: 5:36am On Oct 13, 2013
ijaw citizen:

Every Ijaw man is a supporter of Biafra, so far its boundaries does not extend to Ijaw land and so far it does not force other Niger Deltan group against their wish.

We all supported an independent Igbo Biafra in1967 and still do, but you BETRAYED us first by denying us COR state, and then using the might of Eastern Region to invade our lands and treated us like animals.

Something you're so ashamed to admit for proper reconciliation with your ND masters. As long as you create for yourselves a false sense of superiority over us, you will always remain under us.

what?
please elaborate
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Bright2(m): 6:04am On Oct 13, 2013
The Ikwerre founding father is called Ihwuoruoha! That name is never an Igbo name, let the people be where God asked them to be & stop this tribal kidnapp! That we speaks english in Nigeria doesn't make us Britainian.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by DerideGull(m): 6:16am On Oct 13, 2013
Bright2: The Ikwerre founding father is called Ihwuoruoha! That name is never an Igbo name, let the people be where God asked them to be & stop this tribal kidnapp! That we speaks english in Nigeria doesn't make Britainian.

Above is arrant nonsense. Ngwu Nwagadi Umunneoha founded Isiokpo the capital of so-called Ikwerre LGA. I guess you know the connotation of Isiokpo. You can see the betrayal artists could not change Isiokpo to RuIsiokpo. The real name is not Ikwerre. Ikwerre is a bastardize name and Ihwuoruoha is a coinage borne out of idiocy.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:30am On Oct 13, 2013
customized13: Ofcourse igbos are much in rivers, am in omoku, oneLga nw, and it is igbo they speak.
The question is, are these said Igbo in Rivers State willing to join Biafra? No!
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by donphilopus: 6:38am On Oct 13, 2013
ijaw citizen:

i'm neither an Igbo and nor an afficionado of them
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:41am On Oct 13, 2013
With what was done to people like Elechi Amadi, Dappa Biriye and other people that clamoured for the creation of Rivers State, there was not doubt that the defunct Eastern Region was bent on the continued subjugation of these people. No wonder the stupìd flat headed Biafrans hunted for Elechi Amadi, Nwonodi, etc, during the war.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by DerideGull(m): 6:44am On Oct 13, 2013

Foolish fool, Ijo is not an ethnic group. It was Portuguese’s coinage that gave rise to the word-Ijo.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Ikengawo: 6:46am On Oct 13, 2013
it funny the extent by which propaganda to paint biafra as an igbo thing worked. Biafra isn't called Igboland, it's called Biafra and it's a non ethnic state consisting of the entire old eastern region.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN3Odkz60NI
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:52am On Oct 13, 2013
Chima_Adeoye:

Hehehe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin,

Wow , Igbos are in Rivers! I even found out today that there are Igbos in Delta !
Wow, why didn't Awolowo do the boundary adjustment well so that Igbos in the former midwest will be merged into eastern region and the ones in Port harcourt will all be executed and their land given to Yoruba?
Anyhow,If Nigeria breaks, they must abandon their land to Yoruba to inherit Port Harcourt and they must go and become refugees in Anambra.Afterall, its all Igboland grin grin grin grin grin grin wink wink wink wink wink

Aha! that is very smart. Oya, Clap for yourself yoruba dreamer!
Your question is foölish. Why should Obafemi Awolowo carry out the boundary adjustment in the defunct Western Region, for the Igbo people in the present-day Delta State to join their kiths and kins in the defunct Eastern Region? Was Awolowo the President or Prime Minister? Was Nnamdi Azikiwe dumb that he could not do it? What was Azikiwe doing in the 1948 Macpherson Constitutional Conference when Awolowo was calling for irredentism, for the Yoruba in the Northern Region (present-day Kogi and Kwara states) to join the Western Region?

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by DerideGull(m): 6:53am On Oct 13, 2013
naijaking1:

Funny, if Ijaws are the natives in Igwe-ocha(PH), how come its the settlers(Ikwerres, Ndoni, and Elemes) that are selling land to other Nigerians, while the so-called Ijaw natives live in make shift squalor camps established in the 1970s

The so-called Ijo were boat people at best that used to hang around waterside. I remembered when I use to fetch drums of Akamere (Ogogoro) and smoked fish for my mother at Iwurfe waterside while I sell bags of garri and other farm products to the Ijo peeps.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by peleson: 6:56am On Oct 13, 2013
Enegito: Okrika,obio-akpor,Etche,uratta,ikweere,andoni,eleme,ndoni,oyigbo,asa.are all igbos.
Okrika,eleme,andoni are not igbos period!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Update From The Burial Of Emir Of Lafia, Isa Mustafa [PHOTOS] / What Is Christmas In Your Native Language? / Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.