Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. (14322 Views)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / King Jaja Of Opobo And Wives In The 1870s [ Location: Rivers State ] / Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Afam4eva(m): 4:00pm On Oct 13, 2013
ijaw citizen: Afam4eva, prove your sanity by telling us about the "Igbo elements" in Okrika.
Are you denying that there's no Igbo content in Okrika or many parts of Ijaw speaking part of Rivers state?
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Bright2(m): 4:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
@DerideGull, i see you are criminally inclined,these people has traced their linage & comfirmed that they are not Igbo people & i support them for that! With your useless conotation you use about Isiokpo as a proof is a falaxy.Rumuokwuta formally was called Ama-weke,if not that the Ikwerres that own that place noted it & changed that name to Rumuokwuta you people would have used it as another baseless proof.Iwhuoruoha is not an Igbo name atleast you people couldn't & can not change it,tell your peopled to learn to be confided with what God has given to them & remain where he placed them. How long will you people keep wondering about? It's either the Igbos are from Isrealites without trace,the Ikwerres suddenly became Igbos because they welcome & synchronised with you people finally Lagos is becoming a no man's land let me tell you,LAGOS IS YORUBA MANS LAND.It is you that is born out of idiocy not Ikwerre! I like Ikwerre people because their character is quite different nomatter how you people try to tarnish their image ,those that understands Ikwerre & Igbo language said the languages are not thesame for instance,listen when the Ikwerre Emuoha speaks there is nothing in comon with Igbo language!Ikwerre people & Igbos inter marry till date & that is how it is for ages but they are not thesame people. The Ikwerre peoples said they are not Igbos & there i stand!

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Afam4eva(m): 4:26pm On Oct 13, 2013
Bright2: @DerideGull, i see you are criminally inclined,these people has traced their linage & comfirmed that they are not Igbo people & i support them for that! With your useless conotation you use about Isiokpo as a proof is a falaxy.Rumuokwuta formally was called Ama-weke,if not that the Ikwerres that own that place noted it & changed that name to Rumuokwuta you people would have used it as another baseless proof.Iwhuoruoha is not an Igbo name atleast you people couldn't & can not change it,tell your peopled to learn to be confided with what God has given to them & remain where he placed them. How long will you people keep wondering about? It's either the Igbos are from Isrealites without trace,the Ikwerres suddenly became Igbos because they welcome & synchronised with you people finally Lagos is becoming a no man's land let me tell you,LAGOS IS YORUBA MANS LAND.It is you that is born out of idiocy not Ikwerre! I like Ikwerre people because their character is quite different nomatter how you people try to tarnish their image ,those that understands Ikwerre & Igbo language said the languages are not thesame for instance,listen when the Ikwerre Emuoha speaks there is nothing in comon with Igbo language!Ikwerre people & Igbos inter marry till date & that is how it is for ages but they are not thesame people. The Ikwerre peoples said they are not Igbos & there i stand!
I respect your opinion but i get miffed when i see the bolded being spewed as a reason why Ikwerres are not Igbos. Pls, which Igbo are you talking about? Is it the one spoken by Nkanu, Owerri, Ngwa, Onitsha, or Asaba people. Are you comparing Ikwerre language to the central Igbo that was adopted by the Igbo intelligentsia? Pls, for your sake, when arguing don't bring language into it cos every part of Igboland have a dialect that differentiates them from other Igbos. Just stick with the benin migration issue and others cos they add more credence to your argument.

3 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
I now know why the Rivers State Government decided to change the names of streets like: Ihediohama, Obidianso, Nwanchukwu, Anozie, Echue, Achi, Okwelle, Akokwa, Egede, Emenike, Nanka, Okwuzu, Nsukka, Afikpo, etc.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by revolt(m): 5:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
Any nwafor tht replies this stupid thread is an ediot, cos this is like a mother arguing wif her son if he's her son! One slowpoke even says ikwerre and igbo do not sound alike! then he starts naming supposed ikwerre names tht proves they're diffrnt from igbo (igwe ocha etche isiokpo etc) nwafors free these ediotic threads
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 6:17am On Oct 14, 2013
Afam4eva:
Are you denying that there's no Igbo content in Okrika or many parts of Ijaw speaking part of Rivers state?
Igbo people 'live' in Okrika, just like every other place in Nigeria and all over the world. Is that what you mean by "Igbo element" & "Igbo content"?

You're sounding more comic by the second, just explain your "Igbo element/content" in Okrika or forever keep that stinking opening you call a mouth shut.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 14, 2013
ijaw citizen: Igbo people 'live' in Okrika, just like every other place in Nigeria and all over the world. Is that what you mean by "Igbo element" & "Igbo content"?

You're sounding more comic by the second, just explain your "Igbo element/content" in Okrika or forever keep that stinking opening you call a mouth shut.
u kw why I avoid commenting on ur post? Cos u tend 2 use insulting words. If u cn be matured and stop using those insulting words i might be able 2 comment on ur post. Those words doesn't make u win arguments, it jst make u sound childish and passionate over little issues.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 14, 2013
customized13: u kw why I avoid commenting on ur post? Cos u tend 2 use insulting words. If u cn be matured and stop using those insulting words i might be able 2 comment on ur post. Those words doesn't make u win arguments, it jst make u sound childish and passionate over little issues.
LoL...if d Ediot doesn't beef like dz, do u think Nairaland wud be interesting...lol''' its beefs like dz dat made me join Nairaland, 2go wz beginning to get boring...lol''' in nairaland smbodi will tell u 1+1=3,,, and d person wud be arguing seriously with u...lol''' as far as u already knw d answer just play on...lol---I love dz site

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Abagworo(m): 8:02am On Oct 14, 2013
ijaw citizen: Igbo people 'live' in Okrika, just like every other place in Nigeria and all over the world. Is that what you mean by "Igbo element" & "Igbo content"?

Okrika is a mix of Igbo and Ijaw with Igbo supplying the maternal lineage. Everywhere you call Ijaw in Rivers State is a mix of Igbo, Ijaw and other ethnic groups. A DNA test can easily prove that. The only issue here is that prior to recent years most of these people didn't identify with either Igbo or Ijaw but stood on their own as minority ethnic groups.

So each time you accuse Igbos of land grab also realize that you are guilty of same as you are trying to claim Okrikaland.

My opinion is that human beings evolve and if someone speaks similar language and has similar culture with Igbo or Ijaw, the person has right to choose what he is. Ikwerres have spoken in the open that they are distinct and that should be respected by all. There is no evidence proving the distinctness but Ikwerre has right to self determination.

The only Igbo communities in Rivers State are Ndoki/Asa of Oyigbo and Egbema. Etche/Omuma has recently declared their own distinctness too.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
Wonderful Stupidity concept
PRESENTS
Grand Stupidity Punchlines.

POWERED by ABAGWORO

1. Okrika is a MIX of Igbo & Ijaw with Igbo SUPPLYING the maternal lineage.

Wow, this sounds like a business deal to me. So because of scarcity of women in Okrika Kingdom, Igbos started exporting women to Okrikans. Wonderful stupidity! I refuse to believe Abagworo is having complete human brainsets.

I just wonder how you don't realize how ridiculous you're sounding right now.

2. Everywhere you call Ijaw in
Rivers State is a mix of Igbo, Ijaw and other ethnic
groups. A DNA test can easily prove that.
So thought the Igbos in their wildest imaginations and in the climax of their delusions.

Still on brainless assumptions, speculations, hunches, conjectures and guesswork created in Igboland to fuel their quest to annex Niger Delta. You still haven't pointed out the "Igbo elements" found in Okrika Kingdom.

Waiting for the DNA results.

3. The only
issue here is that prior to recent years most of these
people didn't identify with either Igbo or Ijaw but
stood on their own as minority ethnic groups.
Igbo man's logic stinks. I once read this concept from the history books of some deluded Igbo historians like Ike Okonta & Kenneth Dike. These Igbos that can't even figure out their own Igbo history somehow seems to know about the history of the Ijaws. Yeye dey smell from una brain.

So each time you accuse Igbos of land grab also
realize that you are guilty of same as you are trying
to claim Okrikaland.
Seriously? So you think Ijaw is in some tussle with Igbos to claim Okrika?

This is a clear case of seeing your very problem on other people. It is you Igbos that struggle within yourselves about who is Igbo and who is not. We Ijaws don't share in your Identity crises.

My opinion is that human beings evolve and if
someone speaks similar language and has similar
culture with Igbo or Ijaw, the person has right to
choose what he is. Ikwerres have spoken in the open
that they are distinct and that should be respected
by all. There is no evidence proving the distinctness
but Ikwerre has right to self determination.
The only Igbo communities in Rivers State are Ndoki/
Asa of Oyigbo and Egbema. Etche/Omuma has
recently declared their own distinctness too.
Okrikans and all Ijaws don't have identity crisis like Igbo people. Okrika is a kingdom within Ijawland.

Ndoki are not Igbos, go read their history.

Reading thru this post, you give me the impression that besides the identity crises, Igbos also have reality crisis. And for that, there is no cure. So it is pointless educating you.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ChinenyeN(m): 2:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
Abagworo, I don't even know why you decided to engage Ijaw Citizen. The first thing Ijaw Citizen does, when confronted with contrary information, is to display sarcasm. Anyone with an actual interest in learning and sharing wouldn't display that sort of behavior.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Afam4eva(m): 2:31pm On Oct 14, 2013
ChinenyeN: Abagworo, I don't even know why you decided to engage Ijaw Citizen. The first thing Ijaw Citizen does, when confronted with contrary information, is to display sarcasm. Anyone. with an actual interest in learning and sharing wouldn't display that sort of behavior.
Gbam. I think he should be ignored completely with his tomfoolery. People like that never learn cos they think they know it all. His abusive disposition is also a call for concern.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 2:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
ChinenyeN: Abagworo, I don't even know why you decided to engage Ijaw Citizen. The first thing Ijaw Citizen does, when confronted with contrary MISinformation, is to display sarcasm. Anyone. with an actual interest in learning and sharing wouldn't display that sort of behavior. FIXED

ChinenyeN, pls I beg you not to be a fool. You can't possibly know the history & origin of a people more than them. If you want to learn about peoples History, you ask them and learn in HUMILITY and ask questions if you have to, you don't speculate, assume and cook one for yourself just to make you feel good.

Alright, I don't want to argue anymore. I'd love to hear more of what Igbos have come to think & believe about us, no matter how ridiculous it sounds.

Starting with WHEN and HOW Okrika kingdom became a mixture of Ijaws & Igbos. I promise not to oppose anything you say. I submit to your tutelage.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
Y re u guys arguing with ijaw citizen,,,I ve told u guys so many times to employ my tactics while in Nairaland...lol
lygn19:
LoL...if d Ediot doesn't beef like dz, do u think Nairaland wud be interesting...lol''' its beefs like dz dat made me join Nairaland, 2go wz beginning to get boring...lol''' in nairaland smbodi will tell u 1+1=3,,, and d person wud be arguing seriously with u...lol''' as far as u already knw d answer just play on...lol---I love dz site
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ChinenyeN(m): 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2013
ijaw citizen: ChinenyeN, pls I beg you not to be a fool. You can't possibly know the history & origin of a people more than them.

I don't believe I came here to discuss any people's history with you.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
ChinenyeN:

I don't believe I came here to discuss any people's history with you.
I don't think "discuss" is the right word here, I don't want to discuss with you, I'm done with that. Right now I just want to listen to your "contrary information" as you put it, so I'm all ears.

I've already heard about that of "Prof". Kenneth Dike & "Dr." Ike Okonta about how Alagbarigha was an hunter from Ngwa land and how he established an Igbo dynasty & kingdom in Bonny, but I haven't heard the Okrika own.

I'm sure Kalabari's own is still in the oven, although Dede1 has been giving me some trailers on Kalabari & Nembe. I've also heard about how Ogbia are Ekpeye people even though Ekpeye & Ogbia don't share boundary.

Pls keep the episodes of this movies coming, it is begining to interest me. I believe I can learn something from them because there is a sense in every nonsense.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
Orlando Owoh: I now know why the Rivers State Government decided to change the names of streets like: Ihediohama, Obidianso, Nwanchukwu, Anozie, Echue, Achi, Okwelle, Akokwa, Egede, Emenike, Nanka, Okwuzu, Nsukka, Afikpo, etc.
All these names came about during the Igbo reign of tyranny in the Eastern Region. These names were imported from core Igbo land and imposed on Ikwerre, Okrika & other Ijaw people, they bear no significance whatsoever with the natives of Rivers state.

The current naming of PH streets is more in tune with reality.

They didn't stop with just imposing Igbo names on Ph streets, towns were also renamed.
Port Harcourt became Igwe Ocha
Opobo became Igwe Nga.
Bonny became Umu-Ubani
Bakana became Odurogwu

....more coming.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ChinenyeN(m): 5:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
You still don't seem to get it. Your problem, Ijaw Citizen, is that you're too high strung and always ready to wage unnecessary wars over "what next someone might have to say", even when they haven't even opened their mouth to speak. That kind of mentality doesn't work for discourse, only arguments. See, I haven't said a single thing about anyone's origins, but look at your posts to me. You're sitting there waiting and assuming what I will say next, mentioning personalities like Prof. Dike and Okonta, and their works, as if it will be material to my posting. Honestly, rather than putting words in people's mouths, why don't you just learn to calm down and develop the mentality of being on the lookout for what others might potentially have to contribute. It's not that difficult.

2 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Abagworo(m): 7:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
ijaw citizen: All these names came about during the Igbo reign of tyranny in the Eastern Region. These names were imported from core Igbo land and imposed on Ikwerre, Okrika & other Ijaw people, they bear no significance whatsoever with the natives of Rivers state.

They didn't stop with just imposing Igbo names on Ph streets, towns were also renamed.
Opobo became Igwe Nga.
Bonny became Umu-Ubani
Bakana became Odurogwu

....more coming.

Okay Igbos singled out Rivers State to rename but forgot Calabar, Uyo, Ogoni, Bayelsa etc. I believe you are not from Rivers State but trying to use falsehood to re-write history. Assuming the Europeans were not wise enough to write about Jaja, your type would have denied he was an Igbo from Isuama. Whatever I write here is not based on hear say or history written by anyone but reality on ground. I repeat Okrika is proto-Igbo + proto-Ijaw in equal or close to equal DNA with the female leaning towards Igbo. We can always look this up in future when the DNA test must have been carried out and you'll be put to shame.

Like I always pointed out, my aim has never and will never be to join SE and South-South but I will not sit down and watch people like you give credence to false allegations against Igbos. In core Igbo cities many streets are named after foreigners like Douglas in Owerri, other Africans like Kenyatta in Enugu, other Nigerians like Dan Fodio in Aba etc. Today in Port-Harcourt thousands of streets are named after Igbos and its not a problem because it means nothing to the Ikwerres who were instigated back then with falsehood and war pressure.

Meanwhile written history quite unlike oral history is golden and cannot be changed once recorded and archived.

3 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by pazienza(m): 9:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
Scratching my head, wondering why igbo sons are arguing with a yoruba citizen over Ikwerre. It doesn't just add up, neither does it make sense.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
pazienza: Scratching my head, wondering why igbo sons are arguing with a yoruba citizen over Ikwerre. It doesn't just add up, neither does it make sense.
no 1 is arguing abt ikwerre people, those people are lost.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
I'm commenting "again" because I want to clear some notion...

1. Okrika Kingdom has had good trading relationship with the Igbo tribe pre-civil war.
2. Okrika has a custom whereby an Okrikan "buys" a non Okrikan into his family. That person becomes a full Okrikan after rites had been performed.
3. A sizeable number Igbo women were bought but it is NOT limited to igbos. Calabars, Kalabaris, Nembes, Bonny and other non Okrikans benefitted from this privilege.
4 However, this practice was/is done by only less than 10 percent of the entire population expecially those who were rich but couldn't bear children.
5. Okrika is fully Ijaw. We don't have "Igboness" despite the above. By the way Igbos weren't the only beneficiaries.
6. It is common for a Yoruba man to marry an Igbo or Hausa woman and that wouldn't change the fact that the lineage is still yoruba.
7. I advice my Igbo neighbors should try to strenghten friendship with the Ijaws and not "claim" us as one of them.

Whoever have any reservation on the above should PM me and I WILL take him or her to both our Family Chief and the Amayanabo of Okrika Kingdom.

God bless Okrika
God Bless Ijaw Nation

2 Likes

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by AndreUweh(m): 11:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
barcanista: I'm commenting "again" because I want to clear some notion...

1. Okrika Kingdom has had good trading relationship with the Igbo tribe pre-civil war.
2. Okrika has a custom whereby an Okrikan "buys" a non Okrikan into his family. That person becomes a full Okrikan after rites had been performed.
3. A sizeable number Igbo women were bought but it is NOT limited to igbos. Calabars, Kalabaris, Nembes, Bonny and other non Okrikans benefitted from this privilege.
4 However, this practice was/is done by only less than 10 percent of the entire population expecially those who were rich but couldn't bear children.
5. Okrika is fully Ijaw. We don't have "Igboness" despite the above. By the way Igbos weren't the only beneficiaries.
6. It is common for a Yoruba man to marry an Igbo or Hausa woman and that wouldn't change the fact that the lineage is still yoruba.
7. I advice my Igbo neighbors should try to strenghten friendship with the Ijaws and not "claim" us as one of them.

Whoever have any reservation on the above should PM me and I WILL take him or her to both our Family Chief and the Amayanabo of Okrika Kingdom.

God bless Okrika
God Bless Ijaw Nation
Igbo claim Okrika or Ijaw, you must be joking. Do we invite you to Ohanaeze, have Ndigbo at any time extended an invitation to you guys to join Ohanaeze?. Why would Ndigbo with a population of about 40 million worldwide would want to claim you.
Please stop this cheap talk. Some nairalanders here are intellectuals and comment about books that they have read with references. That does not Ndigbo are claiming you. Why not tell your brothers who have been claiming Igbo communities such as Ndoki as theirs to shut up.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by revolt(m): 1:22am On Oct 15, 2013
ijaw citizen: All these names came about during the Igbo reign of tyranny in the Eastern Region. These names were imported from core Igbo land and imposed on Ikwerre, Okrika & other Ijaw people, they bear no significance whatsoever with the natives of Rivers state.

Opobo became Igwe Nga.
Bonny became Umu-Ubani
Bakana became Odurogwu

....more coming.
pls may I ask for knwoledge sake! What were the original names of igweocha, obigbo. Ndoni. Etche , etc prior to igbo name change? This is how u catch liars! Dnt undstand y u clowns fink deres a grand plan by igbos to dominate you ppl. We cnt even dominate ourselves ie nobody is superior to another. We believe in equality

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 4:38am On Oct 15, 2013
revolt: pls may I ask for knwoledge sake! What were the original names of igweocha, obigbo. Ndoni. Etche , etc prior to igbo name change? This is how u catch liars! Dnt undstand y u clowns fink deres a grand plan by igbos to dominate you ppl. We cnt even dominate ourselves ie nobody is superior to another. We believe in equality
For some reasons you think everyone just as foolish as you are. What is my business with Ikwerre (Igwe ocha), Obigbo, Ndoni & Etche?

What do you even know about "equity". You came around our lands acting like slaves; harmless & dumb people, now Okrika and Eastern Ijaws are "half Igbos" because of inter-marriage.

Probably, Nupes are half Igbos too since IBB's wife is from Igboland. I'm sure a lot of places too have become "half Igbos" since a lot of non-Igbo people have had Igbo wives.

Half brains at work here!
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 4:45am On Oct 15, 2013
ChinenyeN: You still don't seem to get it. Your problem, Ijaw Citizen, is that you're too high strung and always ready to wage unnecessary wars over "what next someone might have to say", even when they haven't even opened their mouth to speak. That kind of mentality doesn't work for discourse, only arguments. See, I haven't said a single thing about anyone's origins, but look at your posts to me. You're sitting there waiting and assuming what I will say next, mentioning personalities like Prof. Dike and Okonta, and their works, as if it will be material to my posting. Honestly, rather than putting words in people's mouths, why don't you just learn to calm down and develop the mentality of being on the lookout for what others might potentially have to contribute. It's not that difficult.
After my last two replies to you, you still posted this nonsense without imagining that you might be sounding redundant.

Half brains at work here!
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by ijawcitizen(m): 4:56am On Oct 15, 2013
Tell me who is Obsessed.

An Igbo man said
Abagworo:
I repeat Okrika is proto-Igbo + proto-Ijaw in equal or close to equal DNA with the female leaning towards Igbo. We can always look this up in future when the DNA test must have been carried out and you'll be put to shame.

And an Ijaw man from the very Okrika in question said:
2. Okrika has a custom whereby an Okrikan "buys" a non Okrikan into his family. That person becomes a full
Okrikan after rites had been performed.

3. A sizeable number Igbo women were bought but it is
NOT limited to igbos. Calabars, Kalabaris, Nembes,
Bonny and other non Okrikans benefitted from this
privilege.

4 However, this practice was/is done by only less than 10
percent of the entire population expecially those who
were rich but couldn't bear children.

5. Okrika is fully Ijaw. We don't have "Igboness" despite
the above. By the way Igbos weren't the only
beneficiaries
Despite this clear case of Igbo fixation on Ijaw land, Igbos wanna tell me rubbish.

Now the question is: Don't Igbos also marry from other ethnic groups? Has that made these set of Igbo men & their children less Igbo?

Pls how many percent of Igbo is Peter Okoye of PSquare fame now since he has decided to marry a Yoruba lady? Or should I ask how many percent of Igboness is Yoruba land now since they've given their daughter away to an Igbo man? (Not the first case though, I know of thousands of such cases in Lagos alone, talkless of nationwide).

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 15, 2013
I don't kw why anybody will want 2 waste his/her time and argue with ijaw citizen, cnt u see this guy isn't matured with his kind of words? He is so obsessed over this issue, I guess he has had sleepless night over it. @ijaw citizen, a lot people here hv been commenting with basis and fact (even if some aint correct) bt u resort to insults. U are descending so low 2 any reasonable person, and u aren't even wise anof 2 notice dat this people aren't replying u with insult, boy grow up and argue well na, all you are doing here is noise making.

1 Like

Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:45am On Oct 15, 2013
I've lived among all the ethnic groups in South South, and in Rivers State in particular. None likes being referred to as Igbo.
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 15, 2013
I
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 15, 2013
Orlando Owoh: I've lived among all the ethnic groups in South South, and in Rivers State in particular. None likes being referred to as Igbo.
Non like being referred to as Igbo... The question is are they Igbo or not?
Re: There Are Many Igbos In Rivers State. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:11am On Oct 15, 2013
lygn19:
Non like being referred to as Igbo... The question is are they Igbo or not?
They don't call themselves Igbo. I had an Ikwerre neighbour who said she preferred an Ibibio being president to Igbo.

My question to you, why was Elechi Amadi, Nwanodi, Ntia and other Ikwerre men that clamoured for the creation of Rivers State were hunted during the war by Biafra? It shows that Ikwerre people's hatred for Igbo started before the war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Igbo Men: The Most Handsome Race / Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival / Olubadan Sues Governor Ajimobi And 23 Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.