Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Developer Salary In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Developer Salary In Nigeria (5842 Views)

Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account / Salary In The Nigerian Army? / How Much is a Good Salary in Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Developer Salary In Nigeria by Hustler4(m): 10:23am On Jun 04, 2008
Hi Guys

I hope someone here can tell me

how much a graduate developer with no experience earn in a year
how much a developer with 1-4 years experience earn in a year

This can be in oil, banking, software house or insurance sector

Of course, their skillbase will be database, web programming or winform
Re: Developer Salary In Nigeria by javalove(m): 2:55pm On Jun 04, 2008
Hustler_:

meaning?? what's with the winform? Not all naija developers are into .net so why the "of course"
Re: Developer Salary In Nigeria by Ghenghis(m): 7:17pm On Jun 04, 2008
javalove:

meaning?? what's with the winform? Not all naija developers are into .net so why the "of course"

cheesy grin cheesy java to da bone!
Re: Developer Salary In Nigeria by mosconet(m): 1:10pm On Jun 06, 2008
hey !!! the guy was only asking a question. He possibly may not have java or .net in mind
pls guys whatever technology u choose to develop with or enjoy using, its ur preference and u hold ur
own opinion to that, let us stop all the beefing abt this .net and java. .Net is cool and Java is good too.
Show some luv, I love .Net not Microsoft and Java is doing pretty good!
Re: Developer Salary In Nigeria by yawatide(f): 2:32pm On Jun 06, 2008
cd someone pls answer the original question? I have been here a little over a month and must say I am amazed at the number of "language A is better than language B" type posts that I have seen. Must everything always be about who or what is better than who or what?

I too would like to know the answer to the **original** question.

Thanks,
Re: Developer Salary In Nigeria by Ghenghis(m): 4:02pm On Jun 06, 2008
@yawa-ti-de and @mosco.net
Yeah he was just asking a question, but his tone and language showed a .Net bias shocked

Hustler_:

is a funny statement - thats the CV of a .NET developer grin

ok to the question :

A fresh developer without any professional experience can expect between #15000 and #40000
(Nobody like to recruit fresh developers, you need to show professional initiative, meaning even a fresh grad should have a track record of work done, platforms used etc.)

So a fresh person has nothing to do with skill, it just means its probably your first job!

An experienced developer 1-3 years can expect between #65,000 and #150,000

the variations depend on thing like,
do you work in ISV,bank or telco (it increases in that order)

After all is said you can throw the rule book out, if you're exceptionaaaal (Genius , who started coding at age 5) or you know the CEO of the million $ company you want to work for , if not i'd say the range sums it up. cheesy
Re: Developer Salary In Nigeria by Hustler4(m): 4:21pm On Jun 06, 2008
Well to answer Ghenghis & co, I used to be a Java and .NET person (now a PM) but the market is being eroded by india. So I am planning to setup a software house in naija to have a slice of the "outsourcing market".
Any tips/ideas will help as per naija IT environment

Thank you guys/girls for the info, I do appreciate it.
Re: Developer Salary In Nigeria by Bossman(m): 6:35pm On Jun 06, 2008
Exactly! I share the same thoughts. I visit other developer forums, and you will not see all these nonsensical arguments there.

yawa-ti-de:

cd someone please answer the original question? I have been here a little over a month and must say I am amazed at the number of "language A is better than language B" type posts that I have seen. Must everything always be about who or what is better than who or what?

I too would like to know the answer to the **original** question.

Thanks,
Re: Developer Salary In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:07am On Jun 07, 2008
Is that Naira 65,000 to Naira 120,000?? Or did you mean Dollars Did you mean per month?? Or per year??
Re: Developer Salary In Nigeria by Jeovy(m): 10:29am On Jun 07, 2008
I think is Naira and its monthly
Re: Developer Salary In Nigeria by javalove(m): 6:54pm On Jun 07, 2008
Well as a developer, i have never looked for job or thought of it so i dont have an idea of how much developers are paid in nigeria. Even when i look at salary, i do so with a yearly lens - say 2mil a year not 120,000/month, cheesy I work alone, i the job gets out of hands, i invite pips in - i cud jack some1 up from nairaland or where ever to get the job done quick and delivered as at when due,

@topic,

A friend of mine works as a web developer for a private firm in abj and he's paid 150, p/m
Re: Developer Salary In Nigeria by sonofnos: 6:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
javalove:

Wow! You are still active on Nairaland. I have some experience with some tools and languages.
I have experience with Java, Dart (Flutter), C#, JavaScript, and Python; GCP, and Huawei Cloud.

But my skill set seems to be blurred. Are you open to mentorship?

(1) (Reply)

Man O' War Comrades Doing What Soldiers Do... / When Should You Give Up On Your Dreams? / Can A Dentist Head A Hospital?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.