Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg (5251 Views)

Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Prayer Points For Rccg February 2012 Fasting And Prayer / Do You Kow The Largest Church Auditorium In The World Is In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by Nobody: 1:40am On Aug 13, 2013
Can Adeboye ensure that there is not ONE needy person among his church members before he embarks on this multi-billion naira project to build a 3-km Long Church Auditorium.

This is madness, building more and more edifices while our people are almost dying of hunger, a classical case of taking money from the needy and using it to build babels to the glory of MAN. Reminds me of India who are investing in more weapons of mass destruction when 60% of their people starve, talk of misplaced priorities.

Do not give a penny to this project , pay your rent, bills , feed your children and then give to the poor and needy around you. Go to the Lord in prayer before you donate a penny, I am sure there are worthier causes all around us.

People, it is time you follow JESUS and stop enriching MEN and their dreams. You do not need to go to a specific place to find Jesus, if we have the Spirit , he is always present for he has said " I will never leave you or forsake you ".

Free yourselves from MEN, follow JESUS, on judgement day Adeboye will not save you or stand in for you, on judgement day RCCG will not save you, now is the time to do the right thing and go back to new testament Christianity.

Thanks.

11 Likes

Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by Goshen360(m): 1:55am On Aug 13, 2013
You are a good man. I have promised on the other thread to discuss the issue scripturally. I will do that before dawn, here and on the other thread.
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by DrummaBoy(m): 6:06am On Aug 13, 2013
Goshen, I sent U a PM. Have U seen it?
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by jaymichael(m): 6:37am On Aug 13, 2013
Seriously, this empire building in "modern day" Christianity really baffle me. #JUST MY THOUGH#
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by PastorKun(m): 6:55am On Aug 13, 2013
I support this thread 100%, it is absolute madness to embark on building such an auditorium and is clear evidence that Adeboye is not being led by Christ as he tries to make people believe.

4 Likes

Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by nora544: 7:49am On Aug 13, 2013
Pastor Kun: I support this thread 100%, it is absolute madness to embark on building such an auditorium and is clear evidence that Adeboye is not being led by Christ as he tries to make people believe.

I have the same feeling.

@frosbel i could not say it better

I read also that Adeboye want to build more churches because the people should only walk 5 minutes to the next church.
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by bolaino(m): 7:52am On Aug 13, 2013
the devil has entered into the churches, what do u guys expect? Nice one frosbel.
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by 419nigga(m): 7:53am On Aug 13, 2013
Yu guys aren't redeemers that's why yu can never understand....if ur one room cnt contain ur 6-member family...and there's money won't u move to somewhere bigger.......the previous auditoriums were built by the church without the help of nobody....G.O just want ppl to tap into the blessings that are up for grabs... @Op b4 u update pls make ur research--redeem has got one of the best welfare packages (I cnt start stating them now they r so numerous) if u wanna know make ur research... So yu guys shouldn't judge what u know almost nothing about

My Own 2cents

1 Like

Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by nora544: 8:00am On Aug 13, 2013
419nigga: Yu guys aren't redeemers that's why yu can never understand....if ur one room cnt contain ur 6-member family...and there's money won't u move to somewhere bigger.......the previous auditoriums were built by the church without the help of nobody....G.O just want ppl to tap into the blessings that are up for grabs... @Op b4 u update pls make ur research--redeem has got one of the best welfare packages (I cnt start stating them now they r so numerous) if u wanna know make ur research... So yu guys shouldn't judge what u know almost nothing about

My Own 2cents

I reasearch what daddy go make and i found nothing sorry that i have to tell you this.
I know the church very good.
An other person write that the help for the poor, it is only from eye to eye and they didnot make it public so what is tru.
I know how i have to search with google and i found nothing realy nothing that he hnelp people all i found it who he takes the money from his believers and that is sad.
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by dridowu: 8:11am On Aug 13, 2013
419nigga: Yu guys aren't redeemers that's why yu can never understand....if ur one room cnt contain ur 6-member family...and there's money won't u move to somewhere bigger.......the previous auditoriums were built by the church without the help of nobody....G.O just want ppl to tap into the blessings that are up for grabs... @Op b4 u update pls make ur research--redeem has got one of the best welfare packages (I cnt start stating them now they r so numerous) if u wanna know make ur research... So yu guys shouldn't judge what u know almost nothing about

My Own 2cents
ur opinion , no problem, if the same money can be use to provide 4 ALL members to achieve postive things in their life it would have been better, come to think of it again, those of us that not interested in such things will indirectly suffer 4 it , ask me how by causing baddest traffic on the road making journey of 1hr to 4hrs. So , y make odas sad inorder to make ursef hapi.
A lot of pple contribute to redeemers school(nursery,primary,secondary and university) and how many pple were able to attend.
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by Zikkyy(m): 8:18am On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel:
Can Adeboye ensure that there is not ONE needy person among his church members before he embarks on this multi-billion naira project to build a 3-km Long Church Auditorium.

Why you dey worry ya self if the man want to build a 100 kilometre auditorium, let him go ahead joor. Na their money. or you don't want comfort for attendees at the periodic camp events people should be able to relax when they attend camp events.

frosbel:
This is madness, .....

Maybe, but it's their right jor.
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by Zikkyy(m): 8:30am On Aug 13, 2013
jaymichael:
Seriously, this empire building in "modern day" Christianity really baffle me. #JUST MY THOUGH#

You might be closer to the truth than you think. it's no longer about money, but a desire to dominate. I think the G.O's objective is to build the world largest church (probably the only church). You should see the camp as the church version of the Vatican city.
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by Zikkyy(m): 8:33am On Aug 13, 2013
nora544:
I read also that Adeboye want to build more churches because the people should only walk 5 minutes to the next church.

Not a bad idea. I really think they should go ahead and build more.
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by Mintayo(m): 8:53am On Aug 13, 2013
I don't know what is wrong with we christains...d last time i checked,no body is being forced to donate.
Again,if ppl do not even donate,do u think that can stop the building from being built?
Again,dis church has been in existence for several years,yet it is moving forward,if what they believ in is false,do you think,she will be where she is today?
Again which is better,for ppl to worship in d church n hear d Word of God than for them to be decieved by satan,herbalist,ritualist ETC!
This is one of d reasons i dislike dis religion section...we are so concern with less-weightier matter and we v left the weightier matter(salvation of souls,preaching or telling d athiest or muslims on NL abt Jesus=Matt 23:23). All this disagreement,envy,dissensions,hatred,doctrines and church attack are what makes 'baby' christains begin to question their faith,breeding athiest etc.
Jesus didnt say christains should be attacking one another-He gave us a mandate=TELL PEOPLE ABOUT HIM!

2 Likes

Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by waldigit: 9:16am On Aug 13, 2013
[quote author=dridowu] ur opinion , no problem, if the same money can be use to provide 4 ALL members to achieve postive things in their life it would have been better, come to think of it again, those of us that not interested in such things will indirectly suffer 4 it , ask me how by causing baddest traffic on the road making journey of 1hr to 4hrs. So , y make odas sad inorder to make ursef hapi.
A lot of pple contribute to redeemers school(nursery,primary,secondary and university) and how many pple were able to attend.[/quote

So soul can perish for all you care because you don't like traffic. Tell me do you know the value of one soul. Do you know how much it cost the heaven to throw party over winning just one soul. Poverty mentality ravaging the country may not let you know its a pity
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by Nobody: 9:20am On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel your attention is needed here https://www.nairaland.com/1394982/pls-give-good-reasons-why please.
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by superior1: 9:57am On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel: Can Adeboye ensure that there is not ONE needy person among his church members before he embarks on this multi-billion naira project to build a 3-km Long Church Auditorium.

This is madness, building more and more edifices while our people are almost dying of hunger, a classical case of taking money from the needy and using it to build babels to the glory of MAN. Reminds me of India who are investing in more weapons of mass destruction when 60% of their people starve, talk of misplaced priorities.

Do not give a penny to this project , pay your rent, bills , feed your children and then give to the poor and needy around you. Go to the Lord in prayer before you donate a penny, I am sure there are worthier causes all around us.

People, it is time you follow JESUS and stop enriching MEN and their dreams. You do not need to go to a specific place to find Jesus, if we have the Spirit , he is always present for he has said " I will never leave you or forsake you ".

Free yourselves from MEN, follow JESUS, on judgement day Adeboye will not save you or stand in for you, on judgement day RCCG will not save you, now is the time to do the right thing and go back to new testament Christianity.

Thanks.

Those are your opinions and you are entitled to it. The project is wrong because there are many hungry people in the land?. There will always be the poor in the land and while i support churches in sharing their burden, i don't see it as a reason for not contributing to church projects and expansion.
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by Eben2: 10:00am On Aug 13, 2013
@frosbel and my other good brethren,

Pls let's be careful when we criticize the actions of these MOG (so-called or not). Yes, a lot of them do what will make you ask "do these people really study the bible?". Notwithstanding, let us get our facts right and be unbiased when talking about them.

Now, I want to believe frosbel was not at the camp during the last convention and so you don’t really know what happened. I was there to have special time with Christ and not Adeboye and believe me, I was really blessed!

The question is: what brought about the call for another auditorium? I arrived at the camp on Tuesday and left very early on Sunday. The crowd on Tuesday was minimal and the presence auditorium was not even filled but by Wednesday, the story had already changed the auditorium was filled to capacity. By Thursday, many people could not find a place to sit, queue at the toilets and bathrooms were unending. People were already sitting on the road to listen to messages. Of course the number of people that came on Friday almost double the one of Thursday. Almost half of the population sat outside of the auditorium.

In this case, what do you expect the church to do? Continue to watch the people suffer because they want to seek God? Think of it, what if it rained on Thursday and Friday; what do you think would have happened? It would have been a very great disaster. In order for this not to occur, a leader with a vision asked for a bigger auditorium to be built. What is wrong with that? This auditorium is not a mansion but a cover for people to worship God. Believe me; heaven must have been filled with joy during this convention for the thousands of souls that gave their life to Jesus; to me, that is what counts! That people are saved regardless.

"What then? Notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence or in truth, Christ is preached and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice." Phil 1:18

4 Likes

Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by Mintayo(m): 10:22am On Aug 13, 2013
Eben 2: @frosbel and my other good brethren,

Pls let's be careful when we criticize the actions of these MOG (so-called or not). Yes, a lot of them do what will make you ask "do these people really study the bible?". Notwithstanding, let us get our facts right and be unbiased when talking about them.

Now, I want to believe frosbel was not at the camp during the last convention and so you don’t really know what happened. I was there to have special time with Christ and not Adeboye and believe me, I was really blessed!

The question is: what brought about the call for another auditorium? I arrived at the camp on Tuesday and left very early on Sunday. The crowd on Tuesday was minimal and the presence auditorium was not even filled but by Wednesday, the story had already changed the auditorium was filled to capacity. By Thursday, many people could not find a place to sit, queue at the toilets and bathrooms were unending. People were already sitting on the road to listen to messages. Of course the number of people that came on Friday almost double the one of Thursday. Almost half of the population sat outside of the auditorium.

In this case, what do you expect the church to do? Continue to watch the people suffer because they want to seek God? Think of it, what if it rained on Thursday and Friday; what do you think would have happened? It would have been a very great disaster. In order for this not to occur, a leader with a vision asked for a bigger auditorium to be built. What is wrong with that? This auditorium is not a mansion but a cover for people to worship God. Believe me; heaven must have been filled with joy during this convention for the thousands of souls that gave their life to Jesus; to me, that is what counts! That people are saved regardless.

"What then? Notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence or in truth, Christ is preached and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice." Phil 1:18

neatly said.
I am always impress and joyous when ppl accept Jesus as their Lord,this is more important dn we condemning these men of God!
How many of them on NLhave won a soul for christ instead we argue and argue abt things that we r nt suppose to worry abt!
As long as ppl accept Jesus in such gathering,that is enough for me!
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by DrummaBoy(m): 11:37am On Aug 13, 2013
@Eben 2

Let me tell U a story: One day Jesus was walking with some of his disciples. He was criticized or maligned by some people and his disciples said 'let us call tunder on these people' Jesus said 'U know not what spirit U are made of'

The point is: what spirit is driving the need for a 3 km long church? What is the motive? Why does Lagos-Ibadan express way have to turn into a Mecca of some sort before people like U can 'be blessed'? If the whole lot of U guys spread out into the world through that week of programme U had and witnessed to a person each, Heaven will win more souls. Why do people have to behold one man to know they have met God in a program? If Adeboye dies today, what happens to the crowd; what happens to the auditorium? Again, what spirit is driving U to build and build and build... I can say it authoritatively: it is not the Spirit of Christ bc he did not build a shed in his lifetime.

RCCG should find kingdom priorities and stick to them!

3 Likes

Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by Goshen360(m): 11:42am On Aug 13, 2013
DrummaBoy: Goshen, I sent U a PM. Have U seen it?

Yes, I replied you already.

1 Like

Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by dridowu: 11:46am On Aug 13, 2013
[quote author=waldigit ][/quote] because of redeem now u want me to spend 4hrs on d road or more, ds is not about poverty but use ur brain positively, u dt are millionaire , have u personally sent any1 to redeemer university as a student, pls keep contributing money so that ur pastor can ride more private jets and u keep using molue, all in d name of u want u want to win a soul
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by Techwriter: 11:48am On Aug 13, 2013
The greatest mistake of the scribes and pharisees is that they were fighting Jesus thinking they were working for God by criticizing a man in error. Some who are quick to criticize may think they are working for God's good but its really their envy and self at work. Even the disciples at one time behaved that way as if they cared for the poor
Matthew 26 from verse 6 says

6While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of Simon the Leper, 7a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.

8When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked. 9“This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor.”

10Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11The poor you will always have with you

3 Likes

Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by Goshen360(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2013
@ Thread,

This is really a serious issue and it should bother us Christian. I cannot meet up with my contribution as I promised before dawn. I will definitely find time today to contribute. The main reason why this issue should be discussed was when I read Pst Adeboye saying they want to build church in every 5 minutes walk. I have once been a member of RCCG in my school days at OFFA and this is not the first time he's saying that. Well, we know no matter what we say might not count but we will still say the truth anyway. I will be back.
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by Goshen360(m): 11:50am On Aug 13, 2013
Techwriter: The greatest mistake of the scribes and pharisees is that they were fighting Jesus thinking they were working for God by criticizing a man in error. Some who are quick to criticize may think they are working for God's good but its really their envy and self at work. Even the disciples at one time behaved that way as if they cared for the poor
Matthew 26 from verse 6 says

6While Jesus was in Bethany in the home of Simon the Leper, 7a woman came to him with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, which she poured on his head as he was reclining at the table.

8When the disciples saw this, they were indignant. “Why this waste?” they asked. 9“This perfume could have been sold at a high price and the money given to the poor.”

10Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11The poor you will always have with you

I knew statement like this will come but do you know why Jesus said the poor you will have with you always? Next time, when you see white, don't call it black.
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by debosky(m): 11:58am On Aug 13, 2013
frosbel: Can Adeboye ensure that there is not ONE needy person among his church members before he embarks on this multi-billion naira project to build a 3-km Long Church Auditorium.

Who has set this requirement as a pre-requisite before embarking on such a project? Did God say do not build meeting places before ensuring there is not one 'needy' person in the congregation or is this your opinion?

I disagree - this is a facility intended to provide a suitable meeting place for RCCG members when they come together. That is a valid use of RCCG resources for the benefit of RCCG members.

I agree only with the bold text - let the Lord guide us all, not edicts/opinions of men like the one you’ve given above.

Brother, do not give the impression that the choice is between building facilities for brethren to meet together or following Jesus. Both are compatible.

Good admonition - however, contributing to this building is not equal to abdicating responsibility for one’s salvation to Adeboye/RCCG. Don’t conflate issues simply due to your opposition to this specific project.

Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 13, 2013
Eben 2: @frosbel and my other good brethren,

Dude, snap out of this wet dream. owambe in heaven? lmfao. Rather than pack yourselves like sardine to listen to one slick conman, why not stay home and read a book, see a movie?
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by 419nigga(m): 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2013
dridowu: ur opinion , no problem, if the same money can be use to provide 4 ALL members to achieve postive things in their life it would have been better, come to think of it again, those of us that not interested in such things will indirectly suffer 4 it , ask me how by causing baddest traffic on the road making journey of 1hr to 4hrs. So , y make odas sad inorder to make ursef hapi.
A lot of pple contribute to redeemers school(nursery,primary,secondary and university) and how many pple were able to attend.
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by 419nigga(m): 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2013
dridowu: ur opinion , no problem, if the same money can be use to provide 4 ALL members to achieve postive things in their life it would have been better, come to think of it again, those of us that not interested in such things will indirectly suffer 4 it , ask me how by causing baddest traffic on the road making journey of 1hr to 4hrs. So , y make odas sad inorder to make ursef hapi.
. Yeah a lot of ppl contributed to their schools nd nt everybody attents but do yu knw that the church runs a scholarship program for almost every of its members , every redeem parish, did yu knw? I knw the traffic is horrible yeah, its bad but I'm nt saying its good either...but I'm after those ppl that says the 3km auditorium is for the pastor...its in the best intrest of US the members...if yu don't understand ask for more explanation from a redeemer who was at the camp last week what the population was like....they've got one of the best welfare packages in the country...so only we that's in the system understands and are willing to support his project, don't conclude and judge what yu knw little or nothiNg about...

My 2shillings
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by 419nigga(m): 1:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
Mintayo: I don't know what is wrong with we christains...d last time i checked,no body is being forced to donate.
Again,if ppl do not even donate,do u think that can stop the building from being built?
Again,dis church has been in existence for several years,yet it is moving forward,if what they believ in is false,do you think,she will be where she is today?
Again which is better,for ppl to worship in d church n hear d Word of God than for them to be decieved by satan,herbalist,ritualist ETC!
This is one of d reasons i dislike dis religion section...we are so concern with less-weightier matter and we v left the weightier matter(salvation of souls,preaching or telling d athiest or muslims on NL abt Jesus=Matt 23:23). All this disagreement,envy,dissensions,hatred,doctrines and church attack are what makes 'baby' christains begin to question their faith,breeding athiest etc.
Jesus didnt say christains should be attacking one another-He gave us a mandate=TELL PEOPLE ABOUT HIM!
. Thank you o...pls xplain it to them... I see it as BEEF towards the church...this is a simple issue; like I said ''if ur 1room apartment can no longer contain your family won't yu plan to move to a bigger appartment''. I don't understand the way most people think here
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
DrummaBoy: ...Again, what spirit is driving U to build and build and build... I can say it authoritatively: it is not the Spirit of Christ bc he did not build a shed in his lifetime.

I do not agree with your last statement sir. So we shouldn't build? Jesus never stayed in 1 place too, so we should never build houses and have a home base? Please explain. I know the spirit moves in line with the word sir, but are you saying that this man cannot build a base to contain his members when they come for a camp meeting? Expecting your reply sir.
Re: Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg by MrTroll(m): 1:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
Sheeple.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Juju Real? / The Quran Experiment / The Truth About Ruth The 'moabite'..grab Your Bibles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.