Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,018 members, 7,803,413 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. (11448 Views)

John Obi Mikel Out Of "Mandela Challenge", Keshi Says No "Lele" / South Africa Vs Nigeria: Nelson Mandela Challenge - (0 - 2) - Full Time / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by SuperGreen(m): 12:35pm On Aug 13, 2013

Nigeria’s John Mikel Obi and South Africa’s Anele Ngcongca have pulled out of the Nelson Mandela Challenge.

Bafana take on the Super Eagles of Nigeria in the Nelson Mandela Challenge on Wednesday, kick-off at 8.15pm (7.15pm Nigeria time).

Igesund revealed today at a press conference that Bafana team manager Barney Kujane spoke to Ngcongca before his flight last night and he was eager to play.

However, his Belgian side Genk are now claiming that he is injured and have prevented him from joining the national team.

Igesund says he requested Ngcongca to come to South Africa to be checked by Safa medical team, but Genk refused.

Since the match falls on a Fifa calendar date the Bafana medical team were within their rights to suggest that Ngcongca travels so they could assess him.

“Anele Ngcongca will not play against Nigeria. Genk claim he is injured. It seems like a fabricated story,” Igesund says.

“I am not calling up a replacement for Ngcongca. I have cover. I am just very disappointed at a club of Genk’s stature.”

The 25-year-old was in a similar situation last September in Igesund’s first match against Brazil.

At the time, it was alleged that Genk knew Ngcongca was injured when Igesund announced his squad but only communicated it a couple of days before the match.

He was eventually replaced by Siboniso Gaxa for the match against Brazil.

Meanwhile, Super Eagles’ coach Stephen Keshi has revealed that Nigeria and Chelsea star Mikel will play no part in the game either.

“Mikel has been withdrawn from the squad. He has a stomach bug,” Keshi says.

http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/news/36409/mikel-ngcongca-out-of-mandela-challenge
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by FoxyRebirth(m): 2:29pm On Aug 13, 2013
Well, Mikel is out and Nigeria will now use the opportunity to lose the march. The fact remains that if we no beat them eh, make them no even play against Malawi.....

[size=20pt]My above statement was meant to be funny... Please unlike if you no get the gist!!!

Up Super Eagles!!![/size]
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by etudaddy(m): 2:29pm On Aug 13, 2013
Just missed first spot (1st to comment), foxy rebirth u sharp ooo. Anyway no be serious match sha. keshi no worry even if u lose nobody go sack u

3 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by obizy1(m): 2:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
We go still wipe dere asses

up eagles
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by Pasidon(m): 2:30pm On Aug 13, 2013
Now dat he needs to improve he is having stomach bug there is no room for dat
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by phil5(m): 2:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hmm,I nor go mis dat match, poor. s. a
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by 1bunne4lif(m): 2:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
I made it
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by slinkman(m): 2:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
SLINKMAN WAS HERE
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by mcevans1(m): 2:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
We can still win the game with or without him. GO EAGLES!!

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by emmawiz: 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
So what? Dull news.
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by obizy1(m): 2:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
etudaddy: eyaa

which 1 be eyaa? Him get injury him no die besides ogude need game time
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by adtiezy1(m): 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
eyaa grin cry
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by nerodenero: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth: Well, Mikel is out and Nigeria will now use the opportunity to lose the [b]march. The fact remains that if we no beat them eh, make them no even play against Malawi.....

[size=20pt]My above statement was meant to be funny... Please unlike if you no get the gist!!!

Up Super Eagles!!![/size][/b]
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by Soso990240(m): 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
This story sounds fake..Mikel,see u 2mao.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by nerodenero: 2:36pm On Aug 13, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth: Well, Mikel is out and Nigeria will now use the opportunity to lose the march. The fact remains that if we no beat them eh, make them no even play against Malawi.....

Up Super Eagles!!![/size]
I no go unlike am but ...Match
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by phil5(m): 2:36pm On Aug 13, 2013
Soso990240: .
try harder nxt time
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by Soso990240(m): 2:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
obizy1:

which 1 be eyaa? Him get injury him no die besides ogude need game time
ogude ?! Dat Jackie chan?

2 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by Soso990240(m): 2:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
phil5: try harder nxt time
lol..u just de monitor my moves here abi? U be monitoring spirit?
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by adtiezy1(m): 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Soso990240: lol..u just de monitor my moves here abi? U be monitoring spirit?
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by pendusky(m): 2:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
space reserved for comment
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by obizy1(m): 2:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
Soso990240: ogude ?! Dat Jackie chan?

leave my bro o
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by decode55(m): 2:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
who cares? undecided

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by louken(m): 2:52pm On Aug 13, 2013
As long he will be fit for d match against malawi

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by NairaFeast(f): 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
Not again . . .
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
Cheii wahala dey o,who go control dat midfield name? I get fear o.My hope nw rest on Moses. atleast he can hole ball well also distribute at times.
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by chucky234(m): 2:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
We have equally good replacement in John Ogu and Ogude, Onazi can also player further upfront with Mba and Ogude taking the defensive midfield duties.
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
Mikel wetin de worry u sef? i'v been starved of not seeing u on screen. and just wen am expecting to quench ma starvation u come de get stomach bug. Wich kain mumu bug be dat?

U no play dis match, wen i wan come see u for screen again? Kai!.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by infoscope(m): 3:09pm On Aug 13, 2013
Confusing report.. Are they talking of Ngcongca or Mikel
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by sobaemma(m): 3:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
wahala day hala day
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by arabanibaba: 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
pls can someone help me with the full list of people in camp or possible the starting eleven for tomorrow match
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by farmer99: 3:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
thnk God i still manage to enter front page sha.
Re: Mikel Obi Out Of Mandela Challenge. by Chanchit: 3:21pm On Aug 13, 2013
This is the first time I would be sad Mikel is not playing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rohr Earns Two-year Contract Extension With Super Eagles / "Nobody Trusts Manchester City" - Pep Guardiola / Rasheedat Ajibade Scores A Brace As Atletico Madrid Beats Real Soceidad 2-1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.