Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong (41183 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Finally Pastor E A Adeboye Got His Name Crested On A Coca-cola Plastic bottle / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by AdoOloro(m): 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
bknight: Can pastors adeboye, oyakhilome, ashimolowo, adeyemi etc carry handheld public address system and go with legs preaching under d rain and sun on d streets in some remote village somewhere?

They've done that before.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
magkhan: Op...are you saying that building an auditorium for the glory of God is not a worthy cause?
so it's better to just have a building where most worshipers will be exposed to nature hazard while worshipping God?
king David said 'God forbid that I should give the Lord something that cost me nothing '...
the pastor did not say steal and come donate,any who does that is only answerable to God...
Even if pastor Adeboye wants to build the biggest church in Africa,the gates of hell shall not prevail against him neither will it collapse because some people donate ill gotten money...
God said to Abraham if I Find 10 godly people,I will not destroy sodom...same with the church

Only a fool builds the biggest church in Africa when children that will call him father are living in penury under bridges.

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by HirstMOG(m): 7:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
[quote author=Gombs]

Sir inasmuch as I get your angle of things, let me point out that if there's no need for bigger buildings, where would you want the brethren to meet as heb 10v25 say? I really need an answer. Because in the early church, they met in a place, no?

Lemme shed a little light on the term church/temple according to the New Testament Definition of the Church

The word "church" as rendered in the New Testament
comes from the Greek term ekklesia which is formed
from two Greek words meaning "an assembly" and "to
call out" or "called out ones." In summary, the New
Testament church is a body of believers who have been
called out from the world by God to live as his people
under the authority of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:22-23).
This group of believers or "the body of Christ" began in Acts 2 on the Day of Pentecost through the work of the Holy Spirit and will continue to be formed until the day of the rapture of the church.

Becoming a Member of the Church

A person becomes "a member" of the church simply by
exercising faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

The Church Local Versus the Church Universal

The local church is defined as a local assembly of
believers or a congregation that meets together
physically for worship, fellowship, teaching, prayer and
encouragement in the faith (Hebrews 10:25). At the
local church level, we are able to live in relationship with other believers—we break bread together ( Communion), pray for each other, disciple, and strengthen one another. At the same time, all believers are members of the universal church. The universal church is made up of every single person who has exercised faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, including members of every local church body throughout the earth (1 Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 1:22-23).

So sir, I think this refutes your point below, God does need physical temples/local churches, not to live there but for the gathering of the saints, see reasons above (heb 10v25)

Now, let's proceed

Lemme address this issue of the "poor", "starving" etc. First of all, a nation of Christian believers are not the poor trying to be rich, they are the rich discovering their inheritance in Christ. In as much as you try to sugar coat it, the prosperity of the brethren is in their pastor/teacher/apostle/bishop etc according to 2 chronicles 20v20 King James Bible

20 And they rose early in the morning, and went forth
into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth,
Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and
ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

You cannot prosper above your pastor. If your pastor hasn't prospered/prospered enough, you can't, so far he's the one teaching you, except you do stuffs outside God's word. So, if you believe God, you are established in the faith, but then, that's not enough for the good life here on earth (that's why suffering here on earth is a choice even when you believe God. Note that believing/agreeing the Word and confessing/doing the word are two different things. Believing God aint enough, because the bible says even the devil believes and tremble. You believe God AND speak what he spoke abt you and/or concerning anything. Anyways dats a topic for another day) but when you believe in your pastor/teacher/apostle (who God gave you as a gift in the first place so that you can do the work of the ministry -eph 4v7-11) IN THE LORD, you shall prosper. Now, where I'm driving at is dat if your pastor has prospered, and you follow his instructions in the Lord, you MUST
prosper. Heb 6v12 New International Version says

12 We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

God never spoke to Lot, but Lot prospered because he followed Abraham's instructions (you knw aw he ended because he separated from abraham). So, if a church stil have starving people, poor, etc it's because they (the said members) are yet to apply the teachings of the Pastor (assuming the pastor through faith and patience has inherit that which was promised, cos for me, my pastor has). If they do believe him and what he says IN THE LORD, they'd move up. However,Jesus
said we'd always have the poor with us (those who'd never wanna learn the Gospel of Jesus Christ through their pastor, even though they believe in God. (If you wanna ask "must one have a pastor/rev/bishop/etc", my answer is YES, dats anoda day's topic)). You see!..if Pst Adeboye wanna build an auditorium for the glory of God, he should, and he made that announcement that way, because he knows he's through the Gospel of Jesus, prospered his brethren. He knows God has given him ALL he needs to erect dat structure, and that those materials are in his brethren, irrespective of how you think it.

You are on point,in point n @point gbam....
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
k2039: So christians are suppose to meet under iroko trees or bamboo carved hut, mtchew.

Christians use to meet under Iroko trees and Bamboo huts, it never made them any less Christians.
Look at the European missionaries that came, they left us, schools, and hospitals, but not Gigantic Churches. Even the impressive churches that where built under there direction took several decades of block by block building. Talk of being holier than the pope.

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by PureNigerian: 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
dasparrow:

Trust me, there are hardly any godly people in Nigeria that is why the average Nigerian is: corrupt, money greedy and worships those with money while discriminating against those who don't have money. The average Nigerian is tribalistic and hateful and discriminates freely against fellow Nigerians based on financial status, marital status, parental status, tribe, religion, etc.

We keep building churches in every nook, cranny and corner in Nigeria including in residential areas thereby causing a lot of noise pollution and all yet I don't see a positive change in the average Nigerian. Rather, I see a group of people who are money greedy and have made money and properties their god.

The average Nigerian is morally bankrupt too as well as spiritually bankrupt that is why fornication and adultery is rampant in Nigeria. My bible says that not everyone who says 'Lord, Lord' will enter into the kingdom of heaven. Likewise, my bible also says that God will not be mocked. Until I begin to see a positive change in the behavior of the average Nigerian Christians, I will not bother myself with most Nigerian churches or ministries talk less of donating to them.

God will bless you.
These people has been debased.

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Exponental(m): 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
Some pple are so daft!
@op, Can u give me a reason why excorts go with bullion vans?
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Oguieke(m): 7:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
abeg make i go mama kemi shop go buy akara and agege bread, wey i go take drink akamu go sleep. forget naija tinz.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by cowtail: 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
Okoya: I will advice u to kneel down before ur God and ask for forgiveness. .. who are u to judge? huh? if daddy adegboye tells every1 to see his p.a, when do u think his p.a will finish with d collection? he tried to make d collection more easy and stress free and u come out here saying rubbish... besides can everyone hold his cheque book or dat kinda amount anywhere?

did he announced dat d blessings of those dat meets with d p.a will be higher dan those didn't?

abeg, u re jst so frustrated. ..smh 4 u!
tongue out
God forgive me!
completely brainwashed. Your case is very pathetic

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
Gush! @OP; Thanks for this thread.
And some people keep defending these pastors. These people are not brainwashed. They're just extremely foolish.
It's pathetic!
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by dexxolydian: 7:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
chagga: Then before sermon, General Overseer of RCCG, Pastor Adeboye made a special announcement. The church is to build a new auditorium, stretching 3km in length and width, and four times the size of the present auditorium, to accommodate many more parishioners, before next year’s convention. Everyone was naturally excited, particularly those who get to camp ground late and cannot be seated in the present auditorium. Then Pastor Adeboye shocked me with the following pronouncement:

“We need N1 Billion from ten (10) people, If you are one of them, please see my personal Secretary after we finish today. We also need N100million from those who can afford it, if you are in that category, please see my personal Secretary as well. Nonetheless, we need everyone’s involvement. If you can afford N50million, N20million, N5million, N1million to as low as N100, kindly make sure you participate. How many of you will build for the Lord?” All hands naturally went up in delirium.

I could not believe my eyes. I should not bother myself with how a church raises money to finance projects but a dangerous trend is being set and we are made to believe if we cannot ‘donate’ a certain amount of money, we cannot see Daddy G.O.’s personal Secretary. Such ‘privilege’ is for those that can donate handsomely for the work of God. Assuming a rich man in the Convention donates N1Billion effortlessly and a widow, whose next source of meal is unsure, donates her last N100; who among the two should see Pastor Adeboye’s personal Secretary? Well the answer lies in Luke 21:1-4 and Mark 12:41-44, where Jesus Christ acknowledged the poor widow who donated two copper coins (mite) over the rich donors and said “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on”.

How do we begin to justify asking members of a congregation to donate such a huge amount of money when poverty is smiling at most of the country’s citizens? The last time they were told to donate generously for the Lord towards a University project, as ordained by God, they all gladly did. The sad thing is atN510,000 per session for College of Humanities (100L & 200L), N520 for Management Science students and N550 for Natural Sciences students; Redeemer’s University is not for a Redeemer whose minimum wage is around N18,000. So they have contributed to a project, believing they are sowing for God, yet cannot send their wards/kids to such schools. Interestingly, many of the Pastors (and church leaders) running private Universities today, all enjoyed free education (absolutely free, including free lunch of Rice and Chicken – every Sunday) under Awolowo’s magnanimity. Education is now for rich members only but poor members are not exempt from donations. Hmmmm!

If the project was for research on AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, I would not bat an eyelid. If it was for national fight against Polio eradication in Nigeria like the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation in Africa, we would see the immediate benefits. If it was some sort of entrepreneurial aid to jobless youths, we would feel the impact as a nation. In spite of Bill and Melinda Gates contributions to Polio eradication, Nigeria remains the only African country (not Rwanda, not Mali, not Somalia or Sudan) where Polio is endemic and she shares this feat with Pakistan and Afghanistan. Interestingly, Pakistan reduced the number of polio cases from 198 in 2011 to 56 in 2012; Afghanistan saw a decrease from 80 to 35 during the same period, however, Nigeria increased from 62 in 2011 to 119 in 2012.

In 2013, The Gates foundation committed a fresh $1.8 Billion to the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) out of the $5.5 Billion required. Britain contributed $457 million, Canada donated $250 million while $240 million came from Norway. Even the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahayan donated $120 million. Remarkably, these donations from foreign countries are geared towards solving the Polio scourge in 3 countries, Nigeria included. Foreigners help us to fight major health challenges while our idea of development is in gigantic buildings to be used once or twice a month for religious purposes. Our own priority in Nigeria isowning jets, breaking heads with mace, fighting for 2015 elections and building bigger auditoriums. Is it not clear why we are not developing as a country?

The message I got from the pulpit was clear, concise and profound. It does not matter where the N1 Billion comes from, provided it is donated for God’s work. Ever wonder why it is difficult for Pastors and General Overseers to condemn those who have looted our treasury? Recall when Cecelia Ibru and Erastus Akingbola had front row seats at major religious conventions in Nigeria? Did any Pastor speak against their deeds, like Nathan confronted and condemned King David in 2 Samuel 12? The subtle message is clear: “we need your money for the work of God and it does not matter how you get it”. Those who have sincerely worked hard for their wealth will only donate to worthy causes such as Aliko Dangote did when he announced a relief fund contribution of N2.5 Billion to the relief effort of flood victims in 2012."https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=658152460862248&id=100000024999611&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5911584831070047053%3Amf_story_key.-4075839890008540583&_rdr#s_878437630e9e448f9504d46c35ddb39e
com w@s ur problem wit dis issue cus i can see u ar jobless if u wana pai money pai 2 anybody available if him sai make u N̩̥✽̤̥̣̣̣̣ Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ him persinal seke y u wan die put hummmmmmm smh
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by dexxolydian: 7:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
chagga: Then before sermon, General Overseer of RCCG, Pastor Adeboye made a special announcement. The church is to build a new auditorium, stretching 3km in length and width, and four times the size of the present auditorium, to accommodate many more parishioners, before next year’s convention. Everyone was naturally excited, particularly those who get to camp ground late and cannot be seated in the present auditorium. Then Pastor Adeboye shocked me with the following pronouncement:

“We need N1 Billion from ten (10) people, If you are one of them, please see my personal Secretary after we finish today. We also need N100million from those who can afford it, if you are in that category, please see my personal Secretary as well. Nonetheless, we need everyone’s involvement. If you can afford N50million, N20million, N5million, N1million to as low as N100, kindly make sure you participate. How many of you will build for the Lord?” All hands naturally went up in delirium.

I could not believe my eyes. I should not bother myself with how a church raises money to finance projects but a dangerous trend is being set and we are made to believe if we cannot ‘donate’ a certain amount of money, we cannot see Daddy G.O.’s personal Secretary. Such ‘privilege’ is for those that can donate handsomely for the work of God. Assuming a rich man in the Convention donates N1Billion effortlessly and a widow, whose next source of meal is unsure, donates her last N100; who among the two should see Pastor Adeboye’s personal Secretary? Well the answer lies in Luke 21:1-4 and Mark 12:41-44, where Jesus Christ acknowledged the poor widow who donated two copper coins (mite) over the rich donors and said “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on”.

How do we begin to justify asking members of a congregation to donate such a huge amount of money when poverty is smiling at most of the country’s citizens? The last time they were told to donate generously for the Lord towards a University project, as ordained by God, they all gladly did. The sad thing is atN510,000 per session for College of Humanities (100L & 200L), N520 for Management Science students and N550 for Natural Sciences students; Redeemer’s University is not for a Redeemer whose minimum wage is around N18,000. So they have contributed to a project, believing they are sowing for God, yet cannot send their wards/kids to such schools. Interestingly, many of the Pastors (and church leaders) running private Universities today, all enjoyed free education (absolutely free, including free lunch of Rice and Chicken – every Sunday) under Awolowo’s magnanimity. Education is now for rich members only but poor members are not exempt from donations. Hmmmm!

If the project was for research on AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, I would not bat an eyelid. If it was for national fight against Polio eradication in Nigeria like the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation in Africa, we would see the immediate benefits. If it was some sort of entrepreneurial aid to jobless youths, we would feel the impact as a nation. In spite of Bill and Melinda Gates contributions to Polio eradication, Nigeria remains the only African country (not Rwanda, not Mali, not Somalia or Sudan) where Polio is endemic and she shares this feat with Pakistan and Afghanistan. Interestingly, Pakistan reduced the number of polio cases from 198 in 2011 to 56 in 2012; Afghanistan saw a decrease from 80 to 35 during the same period, however, Nigeria increased from 62 in 2011 to 119 in 2012.

In 2013, The Gates foundation committed a fresh $1.8 Billion to the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) out of the $5.5 Billion required. Britain contributed $457 million, Canada donated $250 million while $240 million came from Norway. Even the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahayan donated $120 million. Remarkably, these donations from foreign countries are geared towards solving the Polio scourge in 3 countries, Nigeria included. Foreigners help us to fight major health challenges while our idea of development is in gigantic buildings to be used once or twice a month for religious purposes. Our own priority in Nigeria isowning jets, breaking heads with mace, fighting for 2015 elections and building bigger auditoriums. Is it not clear why we are not developing as a country?

The message I got from the pulpit was clear, concise and profound. It does not matter where the N1 Billion comes from, provided it is donated for God’s work. Ever wonder why it is difficult for Pastors and General Overseers to condemn those who have looted our treasury? Recall when Cecelia Ibru and Erastus Akingbola had front row seats at major religious conventions in Nigeria? Did any Pastor speak against their deeds, like Nathan confronted and condemned King David in 2 Samuel 12? The subtle message is clear: “we need your money for the work of God and it does not matter how you get it”. Those who have sincerely worked hard for their wealth will only donate to worthy causes such as Aliko Dangote did when he announced a relief fund contribution of N2.5 Billion to the relief effort of flood victims in 2012."https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=658152460862248&id=100000024999611&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5911584831070047053%3Amf_story_key.-4075839890008540583&_rdr#s_878437630e9e448f9504d46c35ddb39e
com w@s ur problem wit dis issue cus i can see u ar jobless if u wana pai money pai 2 anybody available if him sai make u N̩̥✽̤̥̣̣̣̣ Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ him persinal seke y u wan die put hummmmmmm smh
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by cowtail: 7:39pm On Aug 15, 2013
magkhan: Op...are you saying that building an auditorium for the glory of God is not a worthy cause?
so it's better to just have a building where most worshipers will be exposed to nature hazard while worshipping God?
king David said 'God forbid that I should give the Lord something that cost me nothing '...
the pastor did not say steal and come donate,any who does that is only answerable to God...
Even if pastor Adeboye wants to build the biggest church in Africa,the gates of hell shall not prevail against him neither will it collapse because some people donate ill gotten money...
God said to Abraham if I Find 10 godly people,I will not destroy sodom...same with the church
wrong application of the scripture. You need more hours of bible studies prefarably in deeper life church or any of the so called old generation church where the truth is taught. Not the type of churches that only say what your itchy ears want to hear. .
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
Gombs:

My dear izzit the church's fault that there's no job?

If dey did wanna organize a seminar to raise 1 billion you'd rush here and still write " why would a church organize a seminar to deceive poor members to raise 1billion"..."

God so sad because he's house is expensive?? You don't Know God at all. Solomon gave a thousand burnt offering, was God so sad that he should have called all the beggars in is Israel n fed them instead?

How many seeds have you sown, and where?

You amaze me sha!
Please don't annoy me this night, even if its not the church's fault that people are unemployed, does it mean the church cannot address the issue? Can't the church come in and be of help to the poor in our society?

So what happens to the old auditorium after the new one is built? May be in the future there will be need to leave this new one that is suppose to cost 50billion naira for another one that God will instruct them to build, Waste!

I don't see the reason you are defending the so called moG who have turned the house of God into a money making venture.

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
dasparrow:

Trust me, there are hardly any godly people in Nigeria that is why the average Nigerian is: corrupt, money greedy and worships those with money while discriminating against those who don't have money. The average Nigerian is tribalistic and hateful and discriminates freely against fellow Nigerians based on financial status, marital status, parental status, tribe, religion, etc.

We keep building churches in every nook, cranny and corner in Nigeria including in residential areas thereby causing a lot of noise pollution and all yet I don't see a positive change in the average Nigerian. Rather, I see a group of people who are money greedy and have made money and properties their god.

The average Nigerian is morally bankrupt too as well as spiritually bankrupt that is why fornication and adultery is rampant in Nigeria. My bible says that not everyone who says 'Lord, Lord' will enter into the kingdom of heaven. Likewise, my bible also says that God will not be mocked. Until I begin to see a positive change in the behavior of the average Nigerian Christians, I will not bother myself with most Nigerian churches or ministries talk less of donating to them.
this is what i think is not right- critism. You may have stated an obvious problem, but is this how you deal with our problems? Is this a way out? By just criticism and keeping away waiting for a change? Do you pray for change in nigeria? Do you have the love of God in you? I may be misunderstanding you, but if all you do is criticize, you ought to be ashamed.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by captainnigeria(m): 7:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
I'm muslim and some of u may think that has clouded my judgement but what is the point of this auditorium.its rubbish,codswallop,baloney,nonsense.some of us chastise GEJ but i bet u if all this so called men of God were to give back to the society.Allah nigeria will be better
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by sweethunibun(m): 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
Clever business man pastor
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by tweegep(m): 7:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
Most of us think we can bribe God with our dirty money, I am sorry for all of us who will be surprised at their last breath when they will realize that all the time on earth has been wasted. I salute the courage this writer, he backed his write up with facts. If 50% of us nigerians know and reason the way you do, the country will indeed move forward.Sad! A country where religious leaders cannot preach against the evil of coruption in our country is to say the least and for their selfisf reasons cos they want to live a life of the rich and fabulous. They do business in the name of God.

2 Likes

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by idlaw2k3(m): 7:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
10 people should donate N1 billion each!! just like that.

Are there still poor people in that church?

The church will be bigger than Jerusalem whose blueprint is Divine.

Some people now think they are wiser than the Almighty Creator
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by funshint(m): 7:56pm On Aug 15, 2013
Nigeria is the most "churched" country in the world yet its level of wickedness is unparalleled!! I weep for dis country!!!

2 Likes

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by bknight: 7:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
AdoOloro:

They've done that before.

Oops! Sori I goofed!! I forgot they outgrew that phase. Thanks for reminding me
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by hybeekay9: 7:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
I could not believe my eyes. I should not bother myself with howa church raises money to finance projects but a dangerous trend is being set and we are made to believe if we cannot ‘donate’ a certain amount of money, we cannot see Daddy G.O.’s personal Secretary. Such ‘privilege’ is for those that can donate handsomely for the work of God. Assuming a rich man in the Convention donates N1Billion effortlessly and a widow, whose next source of meal is unsure, donates her last N100; who among the two should see Pastor Adeboye’s personal Secretary? Well the answer lies in Luke 21:1-4 and Mark 12:41-44, where JesusChrist acknowledged the poor widow who donated two copper coins (mite) over the rich donors and said “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, putin everything—all she had to live on”.[quote][/quote]
I wont file anything against pastor Adeboye to avoid sin but this is the only point i'm gonna consider from what this person wrote.
Building an auditorium for the church is a good thing because it's 4 worshiping God and he cant afford it himself unless the church donate or contribute but he should kno that if the person dat donates N100 has mor than that, he/she will donate 2 his power. So the blessing a N1bn man should be equal to the blessing N100 man unless he can afford more than that buh if pastor dosnt do dis, dat means he's up for money.
May God 4giv me if i av sin against him tru dis comment
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by engrjamiu(m): 8:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
Vanity upon Vanity All is vanity. My God is closer to me than the vein in my muscle.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by dalynch(f): 8:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
nne3870: Gullible africans!
Raising money to build 'another' auditorium whereas more than 14million graduates are unemployed.
Why not organise a seminar to raise 1billion naira to empower the youths in his church?
May be after building the billion naira auditorium God himself will be so sad about the kind of money used to build it and God may never visit or recognise the road to the church.

Christians be wise and don't allow yourselves to be victims of this madness. If you want to sow seed, look for someone who really needs it and bless the soul, don't give it to ya pastor to build 'ANOTHER' auditorium.
Thank u my brother.Ur words are like broad daylight.Xtains!Redeemers! Be wise.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by dalynch(f): 8:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
Raising money to build 'another' auditorium whereas more than 14million graduates are unemployed.
Why not organise a seminar to raise 1billion naira to empower the youths in his church?
May be after building the billion naira auditorium God himself will be so sad about the kind of money used to build it and God may never visit or recognise the road to the church.

Christians be wise and don't allow yourselves to be victims of this madness. If you want to sow seed, look for someone who really needs it and bless the soul, don't give it to ya pastor to build 'ANOTHER' auditorium.
Thank u my brother.Ur words are like broad daylight.Xtains!Redeemers! Be wise.

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by wonderiyke(m): 8:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
frosbel:

God dwells in the midst of his people, he needs no physical temples any more.

It's like a MAN using his savings to expand his house when his wife and children are eating from hand to mouth, he will be called a FOOL. A wise man will meet the needs of his wife and children before embarking on other projects.

Same in this instance, building a bigger auditorium when your people are starving , homeless and have gigantic needs is SIN.

Even worse , in the midst of all these mega needs the pastor and his family live like kings in mansions, drive exotic cars and eat in 5 star restaurants, literally feeding off the money from these poor people.

This is called WICKEDNESS and an evil thing.

You have spoken very well my brother!May God's blessings never depart from your lineage.God bless and keep you for us!
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by lomprico(m): 8:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
I think this project is absurd! Why not use satellite broadcast during their conventions so dat all members world wide can view from their local parish? And if any1 says its better to be at d venue so dat they'll receive blessigs, anointing or watever directly, why den do they sell audio n video cds/dvds of their sermons?

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by adwem2003(m): 8:26pm On Aug 15, 2013
Pardon ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ if I say the guy who posted this thing has poor man mentality. Do you think everyone that is rich in this country are thieves? What if dangote or Adenuga decided to contribute 500million anonymously? I pray God will forgive you so that you will be rich enought to build your own house in life.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by LEXYCOM: 8:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
God.have mercy on you all speaking against my daddy...
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by kushsy: 8:28pm On Aug 15, 2013

Dis whole thing stinks but we cannot be judges over MOG but I still belive he can build the auditorium wtout members money..
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Akiika: 8:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
frosbel:

Christianity as a religion was started by the Pagan emperor constantine and had nothing to do with Jesus.

Jesus did not come to start another dead sun or moon worshipping religion, he came to show the world the WAY to GOD , and the only WAY to salvation from this wicked world.

Jesus is the only hope for mankind, he is the WAY , the TRUTH and the LIFE , no one can ever hope to receive grace or salvation through any other way.
smiley
Nope!!! Paul actually started this present version. Emperor Constantine only after accepting Paul's version of Christianity forced everyone under his kingdom to accept that version. The original Torah (Gospel of Jesus) was destroyed and Paul's version (Old Testeament) was adopted. Do you also know that those that refused the idea that "Jesus, son of God', "Trinity" e.t.c that Paul introduced were persecuted and some had to leave.
Do more research, you'll be able to piece the chronology of events together.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Akiika: 8:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
kushsy: Dis whole thing stinks but we cannot be judges over MOG but I still belive he can build the auditorium wtout members money..

So why would you judge GEJ or any other equally unjust and oppressive leader in the society?

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Simonet: 8:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
If truth be told, Adeboye's is small compared to what some Nigerian Pastors do undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Charles Osazuwa: It Is A Sin To Be A Tenant In A Rented Apartment / Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Worshippers / Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo Laments 'Level Of Nudity' In Weddings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.