Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,458 members, 7,781,315 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:23 PM

Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong (41158 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Finally Pastor E A Adeboye Got His Name Crested On A Coca-cola Plastic bottle / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Godmann(m): 8:53am On Aug 16, 2013
The people of Religion have never invented anything. They enlsaved us the blacks; your Bible encouraged slavery. Your churches financed Ships that helped to enslave Africans.

The Church contributed nothing to the numerous inventions of today. The Church supported Hitler and all the killers of our time. The Church has always been the home of Mafias and ,looters. They only appropriate what sane people have invented and claim to represent God.

Gandhi once said, "I love Christ, but hate the Christians". Christ himself condemned the church goers of yesterdays when he said his numerous "Woe to you Pharisees and Sadducees ... ".

I am convinced that Church is not a route to God. I know church is but a pretension to holiness.

Church is a masquerading under the name of God to exploit the ignorant masses.

No wonder the more they destroy our schools and impoverish; the more our churches grow in Number.

Where are the intellectuals of our land? limited.

God, come down quickly and reveal the foolishness of our people. Lord save me from a foolish group that have refused to learn.

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by rhymz(m): 9:12am On Aug 16, 2013
The people defending this kalokalo going on these days in the church are foolish hypocrits, Adeboye expects billion naira donation from a congregation that is over 80% poor and average income earners.

Does this not tell a lot about what the man cares about, properties and not human beings or decency. How many Nigerians with honest means can boast of having a billion naira in their accounts let alone enough to give out to some chest beating cause that does nothinh to the well being of his congregation. unless the man does not care about the source.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by darealez(m): 9:38am On Aug 16, 2013
frosbel:

God dwells in the midst of his people, he needs no physical temples any more.

It's like a MAN using his savings to expand his house when his wife and children are eating from hand to mouth, he will be called a FOOL. A wise man will meet the needs of his wife and children before embarking on other projects.

Same in this instance, building a bigger auditorium when your people are starving , homeless and have gigantic needs is SIN.

Even worse , in the midst of all these mega needs the pastor and his family live like kings in mansions, drive exotic cars and eat in 5 star restaurants, literally feeding off the money from these poor people.

This is called WICKEDNESS and an evil thing.

See who's talking!!! You could've said Solomon's temple was a waste of resources if you were there at that time. Hey! RCCG members are not shouting! The workers are not dying! The ministers aren't grumbling! The pastors aren't complaining! WHO ART THOU! For the pastors we know, ministers we know, workers we know, members we know but you we know not!

If you ain't intrested, walk away! Joy to the WISE, Joy to ME, I refuse to be a FOOL.

It's amazing how Nigerians can think, we don't ever think of fishing without being fed fish! Now don't make it look like you really care for this needy cos you really don't! All you ever wanted was to back your critism up with issue that'll pull the crowd!

Listen, there's a purse for the needy and besides, people are always ready to help! So, i'll advice you get a proper analysis next time.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 16, 2013
Not to derail the thread, I just need help with the terms and tittles used to refer to the pastors/apostles. What does MOG, GO mean? Sorry might sound foolish. undecided
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by doclan: 10:08am On Aug 16, 2013
BluIvy: Not to derail the thread, I just need help with the terms and tittles used to refer to the pastors/apostles. What does MOG, GO mean? Sorry might sound foolish. undecided
no one is quoting U foolish, its always good to be inquisitive. MOG means Man Of God.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 16, 2013
doclan: no one is quoting U foolish, its always good to be inquisitive. MOG means Man Of God.

Thanks. And G.O?
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by alexvatt(m): 10:42am On Aug 16, 2013
Well, this world is like a game where everybody comes to play game. Just like football match between real madrid versus barcelona. If baba adeboye can be so smart enough to estort money from people without carrying weapon and amunition, so what is big deal. Remember the fool will serve the wise. That is why God says my people are perishing for lack of knowledge. If somebody can sit down gentle in ibadan expressway and u go there give him all ur hard earned money, so who is to blame. Pastors dont rub u with guns for godsake. It is u that go to them for spritual help, therefore u should be ready to pay. All these pastors are just like herbalist. And when u go to herbalist u pay for the services they renders to u ok.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by mko2005: 10:44am On Aug 16, 2013
The Roman catholics are in a haste to click like on this thread following other ignorant Christians,forgetting that there is a saying that:''HE who lives in glass house should not throw stones'' And Christ never asked us to judge anyone but correct but should first clear ourselves prior correcting others.When it comes to ur own denomination you try to defend her but if others,you condemn like hell !
See below ongoing conversation amongst catholics when they where accused of spending too much cash on their cathedrals:
''The reason that so much is spent on church buildings is that how we build our places of worship SAYS something about what we really think about God.
In communities where the people are successful and wealthy, drive luxuries cars, own large houses with all the latest fashions it would be downright scandalous for them to demand a cheap concrete block office building for a place of worship. When you do that, you send a message to God that He is only good enough for our leftovers.
Poorer communities must obviously make do with less, just like they do at home. And there is nothing wrong with that. There is no shame in being of lower income. The shame comes when you put yourself first and God second. The catholic church is not a big commune. Our parishes are an expression of who WE are locally and what we believe.
What we are called to do instead is to put God first. Our Church buildings should, if anything, be finished BETTER than our own homes. We should give the best things to Christ and make do with the seconds ourselves. We have it backwards in this country. Read the instructions God gave about how to build the Israelite temple in the old testament. The logic was the same then as now: what you build your place of worship to be tells a lot about what you really worship.''-Speaker A
''In my darkest of times, the beauty of Catholic places of worship has provided me with solace and peace. Think about the stained glass windows, steeples, stone work, fresh flowers, statues of Mary and Joseph, and of course Jesus on the cross. I think these places are integral for all members of our community, both in richer and poorer areas. The poor deserve a beautiful place to worship and from which to draw their strength as well.
However, I can understand your frustration as there are many other places and people that need support financially. I do hope that they are able to allocate money for other worthy causes as well. Perhaps that is where the money will go next''-Speaker B
I think the Speaker B below has an opposing view:
'' i don't see the Church spenidng much cash or time or whaatever on evangelizing.
If i had been taught my faith years ago... just even a fraction of what i know today... what i had to teach myself.. my life could have been and definitely would have been much different... i would not now be suffering as terribly as i am (long, long story)from the mistakes i made in the past and how those mistakes have impacted me and others SO horribly..
People are more important than buildings..
that should go without saying.. but i just don't SEE it in our Churches(RCC).. instead, frankly, i see downright hatred toward one another... none of this Love others as you love yourself stuff ...
I'm not saying we should all be hugging each other on entering the Church and that kind of fake love... i am talking about.. warning people of Hell..
on another thread Not Many Escape Hell,it is virtually unanymous that the saints and Jesus said that not many get into Heaven..
So why aren't people taught to evangelize? Ever heard a homily on sharing Christ with others?
Of course peole are going to end up in hell.. they are not taught holiness...
I pray that people find their way to the Church.. to the Real Presence... the sacraments..
but i doubt my prayers are sufficient..
I also evanglize ... but i can only do so much.. gee... what a couple million dollars couldn't do to get people into the church...''

We all have our inhouse issues but do not wish people bad becos they left you to serve same God you claim you are serving!

God help us
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Mrprudent(m): 11:16am On Aug 16, 2013
I am a fanatic of RCCG, but this time around am so bemused, donating is never the fault its biblical,but it should be based on individual's capability...
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by born9ice: 11:23am On Aug 16, 2013
the man of God is about building another Noah's ark.But this time,maybe bigger than Noah's vision.Pondering about the overwhelming nature of this project,I decided to go back to my arithmetics.
A plot of land is 60 x 120, which is about 18 x 36m = 648sqm
A hectre is 6plots x 648 = 3888sqm
'Adeboye's Ark of God' = 9,000,000sqm.
what this means is that the building will be built on;
2,315 hectres of land
about 13,890 plots of land.
my questions are; how many of the church members can boast of their own land.Some dont even have the money to rent a face me i face you apartment.Hmmmm
2.what will be the tax benefit of Ogun state and Nigeria in general.As an economist, if such monies are coming out of the citizens pocket or any projects of such magnitude, there must be a corresponding remittance to the federation(Inflation check).But i gathered that churches dont pay tax.WHY?To me this is a 'taxable' development.
3.where will the money come from and what about the church treasury?
4.This is just for the Ark alone what about other logistics like parking,traffic control and others.We are not new to the fact that every programme in that place, spells doom to motorist using that route.
5.Did God ask for this?If YES God is watching.If NO why all the abuse of faith as a practice in christendom.

please note that my opinions dont count.For all you religious fanatics, I dont care about your comments.Jesus Christ whom we all served was never anything near this.
we are in a nation where all our fingers points directly on the government and others.Come on guys,it begins with us and our religious believes in Nigeria.We are just toooooo religious in this country, yet we are so corrupt and all what not.
I have so much to say but let me stop, END-TIME is near,for what you think is right might be hunting you down.
Good day and God bless Nigeria.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by ProfGday(m): 11:28am On Aug 16, 2013
Enough is enuf,we av enuf auditoriums.
Don't hide under d guise of building auditorium,build d members of ur church and u will ease d pain drolling on millions of multitude in ur community. [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by TheMatrix3: 11:35am On Aug 16, 2013
IF you know you don't want to give, pls allow the "gullible' ones to give naa wetin be una own? Brood of vipers: remeber when that woman that used a very expensive spikenard/perfume to wash Jesus' feet in the bible,and your fellow pharisees were busy saying that the oil shud be sold and money given to the poor? Ignorants, Jesus would always tell you "you will always have the poor with you". Moses did something similar when he wanted to build the temple of God. He even went as far as even asking for Engineers to work there full time for free, He urged everybody to contribute greatly. The bottom line is "if you are not a christian, leave Christians alone to do their thing cos it may sound abominable to you. (Recall Moses and Pharaoh) If you are an atheist enjoy it, and don't try and sweet talk odas into it. MHO
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by mko2005: 11:36am On Aug 16, 2013
chagga:
[b]The message I got from the pulpit was clear, concise and profound. It does not matter where the N1 Billion comes from, provided it is donated for God’s work. Ever wonder why it is difficult for Pastors and General Overseers to condemn those who have looted our treasury? Recall when Cecelia Ibru and Erastus Akingbola had front row seats at major religious conventions in Nigeria? Did any Pastor speak against their deeds, like Nathan confronted and condemned King David in 2 Samuel 12? The subtle message is clear: “we need your money for the work of God and it does not matter how you get it”. Those who have sincerely worked hard for their wealth will only donate to worthy causes such as Aliko Dangote did when he announced a relief fund contribution of N2.5 Billion to the relief effort of flood victims in [/b]2012."https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=658152460862248&id=100000024999611&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5911584831070047053%3Amf_story_key.-4075839890008540583&_rdr#s_878437630e9e448f9504d46c35ddb39e
When the church gives they don't go public ! If they do,you will condemn them quoting the bible !
A liar will say churches don't preach against ill goten wealth,if they outrightly point fingers you will say they are judging quoting the bible !
Concerning cash for church buildings,it can still come from unbelievers afterall it was recorded that dangote once gave a church 0ne billion naira and when the church rejected it by letting him know that as one who does not believe in Jesus,your gifts won't be accepted.Dangote refused claiming that he knows the kingdom principle of giving and receiving irrespective of your religion ! But have you taken your time to consider this scripture:-Proverbs 13:22b'' but a sinner’s wealth is stored up for the righteous.'' It also depends on what you make of the word of God !

God help us
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by vladimiros: 11:41am On Aug 16, 2013
missionaries came from europe, built free schools AND HOSPITALS

NIGERIANS TOOK OVER, BUILT EXPENSIVE UNIVERSITIES AND PALACIAL CHURCHES

NIGERIA.. WE NO THE CARRY LAST!!!!
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by ohil: 11:43am On Aug 16, 2013
IF DADDY ADEBOYE IS WRONG, WWHAT CAN YOU SAY OF FANI KAYODE'S FAMILY?

Hope For Nigeria

E-X-P-O-S-E-D!
HOW FANI-KAYODE’S WIFE AND DAUGHTERS SLEPT WITH ATIKU, OBJ, SHAMA AND OTHERS UNDER FEMI’S NOSE. - By Shama Maliga, Abuja.

**His daughters makes love to themselves and their father has caught them in different occasions.
**"Fani Kayode's wives and daughters are all sex machines, I have slept with them many times, while Femi sleeps with other women, Married and Unmarried".

Femi has finally displayed his wealth of Idio-stupidity, hence his immoral house hood chapter is hereby opened.

1. I have been in dispute with Femi since September 2011 over personal issues.
2. I worked with ObJ between, 2004 to 2007 (Second term) as private in house Agent before leaving to back to Canada in late 2007.
3. I have known Femi since 2002; we first met during an evening Private meeting, on a Sunday at Otta (OBJ’s Parlor).
4. Femi never hid his sexual taste on women (both single and Married. And in many occasions with OBJ, OBJ stylishly joke over Femi’s unending libido on women who rush for assistance, favor or help in Abuja.
5. OBJ calls him “Woman Rapper” and usually warns him to be careful.
6. Many of us including his Aides and OBJ’s Aides knew that Femi is usually on drugs.
7. I can categorically state that Femi has slept with the lady (Adaobi Uchegbu) he mentioned on his FB wall, I don’t know about Miss Chioma Anasoh, I have never heard or seen her before but I say he’s only dreaming of sleeping with Bianca. I believe he’s only lying or trying to make his petition against Ibos strong by dragging Bianca to his chains and lists of banged women. Throughout my time with them (OBJ, Atiku, Imoke and Femi), I have never seen or heard of any relationship between him and Bianca. It would be surprising to know that Femi has never in his life met Bianca, because Femi is very good at lies.

8. No doubt Femi has slept with many Nigerian women (Yoruba, Hausa, Ibo, IJaw etc); Married and Unmarried women.

9. He was not only the person that slept with Adaobi Ukaegbu. I have done it with her severally even when Femi was poking her day and night in Abuja. Even many security men have done it with her under Femi’s nose. So I don’t think Femi should make noise about Adaobi. Adaobi to security men who have banged her severally in and outside Villa was seen as one of those Abuja Prostitutes. She and many other ladies even from south west, South-East, South-south and North were just popular to many of us as political sex hankers. Anyone can bang Adaobi and others even just by mentioning that you are a son to a local government chairman, but you must be ready.

10. She (Adaobi) is not alone in warming of Abuja men’s bed, many Yoruba, Hausa, Tiv, Edo etc were all in the same business of being bleeped for one favor or the other. Today, many of them were lucky to head or work in one office or the other as they continue their political bed warming in Abuja.

11. Unfortunately, what Femi doesn’t know is that; while he was busy messing up with people’s wives, girls friends, others were also busy fucking his house hood (his wife and female children) under his nose.

12. I can authoritatively inform you that in two different occasions in 2006; one in Abuja and the other in Saudi Arabia, Former VP (Atiku) wiped Regina (Femi’s wife). Madam Regina Fani-Kayode is also a hot pant and money hunger just like her husband Femi.

13. Femi has five beautiful daughters and I can authoritatively inform you that OBJ has severally slept with Regina and Oluwafolake (Femi’s first daughter).

14. Femi’s daughters; Oluwafolake, who’s mostly called (Folake) and Oluwatemitope who’s mostly called (Temi) are Bi-Sex, and worst of it they are into incest relationship. Two one them have been caught severally making things out on the bed by their own father, who is also crazy about sex and drugs.

15. I, personally have banged Folake, and Temi, but my other colleague has banged Femi’s second to the youngest daughter of his second divorced wife; Oluwatobiloba, who at her prime age love sex more than food.

16. Femi might be aware of the sexual relationship between his wife, daughter with OBJ. He has in some occasions quarreled with Regina and threatens her of Divorce, but for the sake of OBJ and his job, Femi kept mute.

17. In October 2010 during Femi’s private dinner for his 50th birthday, Regina went home with OBJ and spent the Night with him while Femi was busy bedding Adaobi who assisted very well for the social event. Adaobi case nearly destroyed Femi’s home as his wife usually use her as an excuse of sexual immorality even with young campus boys and ex-boy friends.

18. In 2007, one of the security men who has severally banged Femi’s daughter Temi was caught happily showcasing his big black dick to another Femi’s daughter Oluwatuminu during her holiday break, which she admired with smile. They were caught on a newly installed CCTV and the young man was fired thereafter.

19. The only daughter from Regina was the only decent girl in Femi’s house, although she’s still growing up.

20. There’s trouble in Femi’s house hood over madness of immorality sexual relationship and drug addicts. Femi has personally told me when things were okay between us that “Women are only tools for enjoyment”. He said he divorced his first wife (Saratu) the late 1990 over trust. Saratu who I met once was Folake’s mother, even though they have divorce and the woman remarried, Femi still bang her whenever she visit Abuja as I know in 2006.

21. Femi’s second marriage lasted only five years (1991 – 1995 as I later knew) with three daughters; Oluwatemitope, Oluwatobiloba and Oluwatuminu. He’s divorced second wife Yemisi Olasunbo Adeniji once accused him of sleeping with their first Oluwatemitope(Temi), although she’s no longer his wife, Femi usually demand sex from her which to my knowledge the woman never give in but have slept severally with Femi’s friends and politicall associate.

22. Regina Fani-Kayode (nee Regina patience Amonoo), Femi’s third and present wife have also been accused by Femi of sleeping with his brother Rotimi Fani-Kayode. Regina who had only one daughter; Oluwaremilekun for Femi has been warned by Femi not to operate or open FaceBook account, because Femi thinks she will end up getting dating more young guys on internet.

23. I can state here that Femi’s marriage with Regina will still not last. The lady is also smart and sexually active like Femi. Femi hasn’t divorce her yet because he’s still eating through her as the Lady keeps secret dates with top politicians, makes money and ready to fix Femi too politically. OBJ’s relationship with Femi has been cordial because of this lady who warms OBJ ‘s bed regularly. The same lady has been making personally effort with GEJ for herself and probably for fix for Femi.

24. Finally, I have never banged Femi’s third wife Regina but I can say she’s a nice woman in her good side, though I have enjoyed nice sexual views of her. Seen her being banged by VP and Presido and assisted her many times with her clothes. My problem with them is that they are ingrates.
Thanks for their daughters who made me happy several times with their tits, pussy and mouths.
There’s no need throwing stone when you have so many glass houses. Nigeria MUST remain One. Those preaching division from south-south and south-East are wasting their time. - Hope For Nigeria.

Feel FREE to SHARE!
Report any suspicious activity to the law enforcement agency, as that will save lives.

SHARE/Tag your friends.
Join Nigeria's First Facebook Community Page!
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by blaqoracle: 12:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
magkhan: Op...are you saying that building an auditorium for the glory of God is not a worthy cause?
so it's better to just have a building where most worshipers will be exposed to nature hazard while worshipping God?
king David said 'God forbid that I should give the Lord something that cost me nothing '...
the pastor did not say steal and come donate,any who does that is only answerable to God...
Even if pastor Adeboye wants to build the biggest church in Africa,the gates of hell shall not prevail against him neither will it collapse because some people donate ill gotten money...
God said to Abraham if I Find 10 godly people,I will not destroy sodom...same with the church
i had a vision,there were five frontline men of God in the lake of fire:pastor adeboye,pastor chris,pastor oritsejafor,pastor oyedepo and pastor okotie;only pastor joshua was glorified
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by gemini35(m): 12:10pm On Aug 16, 2013
magkhan: Op...are you saying that building an auditorium for the glory of God is not a worthy cause?
so it's better to just have a building where most worshipers will be exposed to nature hazard while worshipping God?
king David said 'God forbid that I should give the Lord something that cost me nothing '...
the pastor did not say steal and come donate,any who does that is only answerable to God...
Even if pastor Adeboye wants to build the biggest church in Africa,the gates of hell shall not prevail against him neither will it collapse because some people donate ill gotten money...
God said to Abraham if I Find 10 godly people,I will not destroy sodom...same with the church
i,did,nt condem,giving for propagation of the gospel,but most of this men of God,are derailing from the word of God.u can imagine tithe and offering,money is enough to build that house,but they still raise donations,they should go and learn from tb joshua,don,t be surprise tbj wll make heaven first b4 his critics,
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by 4good(m): 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
The arguments against the Action of Daddy G.O. are very rationaland sincerly speaking, worth commending. I drop my cap for all those who are sincere enough to air their views. GOD BLESS YOU ALL. You are ALL RATIONAL. BUT REMEMBER "the ways of God is not the ways of man - INFACT FAR HIGHER THAN THE WAYS OF MAN"

When It comes to the course of God, man is usually confused except by the Holy Ghost we are given understanding.
Challenging the decisions of God servants is not a new thing. For example: (1) Aaron and Miriam did it
(2) Korah, Dathan, Abiram also did it.
Aaron, Miriam, Korah, Dathan, Abiram, all had rational points backed up by facts and scriptures to challenge Moses. But God chose to stand behing His elect-Moses.

In summary, consider these:

Real men of God dont really go for Rational things for they dont have to
Their vision does not usually make sense for it does not have to
Their methods are not usually popular methods, because it is not necesary
Men always challenge the authenticity of their declarations
Their ideas are usually bigger than themselves - because thay are God's ideas
They see what others dont see
It takes time for the ordinary man to accept their ways
You can not really fully understand their ways if you dont possess a sanctified mind
No wonder, many people left Jesus at a point - Because they did not see sense in what He was saying[/color]

[color=#000099]My friends on NL, I advise & teach by the grace given unto me thus
- we must give our lives to Jesus genuinely
- we must surrender to Jesus in Totality
- we must amend our ways
- we must learn to be swift to hear and slow to speak
- we must learn to stop hipocrisy
- we must know that the ministry of condemning any project tied to God is the Devil's ministry
- we should pray for grace to serve God as He desires -

A person who does not even evangelize (calls himself a Christian) and is here quoting the Bible to condemn a giant step that a genuine servant of God is taking as lead in his ministry. EVRYONE OF US SHOULD REMOVE THE BEAM THAT IS IN OUR EYES AND THEN ....
God bless you ALL.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by mko2005: 12:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
The First Baptist Church in Dallas below is worth more than 20 billion naira(130,million dollars) !
How much do you say Adeboye of RCCG is looking for to build the RCCG auditorium ?
I billion you said ! That's peanut becos it would mean that he left out 19,billion !
Okay no problem let's leave it at that since we are in poor Nigeria,African continent !
But come to think of it,how much do you think the Vatican[img][/img] is worth ?
As at Friday 26,1965,the estimated worth of the vatican was 10-15 billion dollars plus !-TIME Magazine
''Bankers' best guesses about the Vatican's wealth put it at $10 billion to $15 billion. Of this wealth, Italian stockholdings alone run to $1.6 billion, 15% of the value of listed shares on the Italian market. The Vatican has big investments in banking, insurance, chemicals, steel, construction, real estate. Dividends help pay for Vatican expenses and charities such as assisting 1,500,000 children and providing some measure of food and clothing to 7,000,000 needy Italians. Unlike ordinary stockholders, the Vatican pays no taxes on this income, which led the leftist Rome weekly L'Espresso last week to call it "the biggest...

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,833509,00.html#ixzz2c8DAs2fx
God help us[img][/img]

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by moulin: 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2013
Our church leaders are now like the gov''t leaders. Why use the Bible? Church have now become money making machine. Why'll church sch cost so much? Why donate money to the building of sch that ur children can not attend? Instan My brothers, look around in the church for a mother that can not give her kids two square meal or send them to common LEA sch, hand them an envelop, ooo! Thy'll leave to thank u n pray for u. Or pick a child from a family in need n send to sch n that child will nvr forget u.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by moulin: 12:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
No boy is saying building for God is wrong. Did u take ur time to read wht was said? Let me ask u dis question. "''' what church do u attend, wht sch do ur kids go to n how much do u pay for fee?
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by adetsim(m): 1:21pm On Aug 16, 2013
[quote author=chagga]Then before sermon, General Overseer of RCCG, Pastor Adeboye made a special announcement. The church is to build a new auditorium, stretching 3km in length and width, and four times the size of the present auditorium, to accommodate many more parishioners, before next year’s convention. Everyone was naturally excited, particularly those who get to camp ground late and cannot be seated in the present auditorium. Then Pastor Adeboye shocked me with the following pronouncement:

“We need N1 Billion from ten (10) people, If you are one of them, please see my personal Secretary after we finish today. We also need N100million from those who can afford it, if you are in that category, please see my personal Secretary as well. Nonetheless, we need everyone’s involvement. If you can afford N50million, N20million, N5million, N1million to as low as N100, kindly make sure you participate. How many of you will build for the Lord?” All hands naturally went up in delirium.

I could not believe my eyes. I should not bother myself with how a church raises money to finance projects but a dangerous trend is being set and we are made to believe if we cannot ‘donate’ a certain amount of money, we cannot see Daddy G.O.’s personal Secretary. Such ‘privilege’ is for those that can donate handsomely for the work of God. Assuming a rich man in the Convention donates N1Billion effortlessly and a widow, whose next source of meal is unsure, donates her last N100; who among the two should see Pastor Adeboye’s personal Secretary? Well the answer lies in Luke 21:1-4 and Mark 12:41-44, where Jesus Christ acknowledged the poor widow who donated two copper coins (mite) over the rich donors and said “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on”.

How do we begin to justify asking members of a congregation to donate such a huge amount of money when poverty is smiling at most of the country’s citizens? The last time they were told to donate generously for the Lord towards a University project, as ordained by God, they all gladly did. The sad thing is atN510,000 per session for College of Humanities (100L & 200L), N520 for Management Science students and N550 for Natural Sciences students; Redeemer’s University is not for a Redeemer whose minimum wage is around N18,000. So they have contributed to a project, believing they are sowing for God, yet cannot send their wards/kids to such schools. Interestingly, many of the Pastors (and church leaders) running private Universities today, all enjoyed free education (absolutely free, including free lunch of Rice and Chicken – every Sunday) under Awolowo’s magnanimity. Education is now for rich members only but poor members are not exempt from donations. Hmmmm!

If the project was for research on AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, I would not bat an eyelid. If it was for national fight against Polio eradication in Nigeria like the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation in Africa, we would see the immediate benefits. If it was some sort of entrepreneurial aid to jobless youths, we would feel the impact as a nation. In spite of Bill and Melinda Gates contributions to Polio eradication, Nigeria remains the only African country (not Rwanda, not Mali, not Somalia or Sudan) where Polio is endemic and she shares this feat with Pakistan and Afghanistan. Interestingly, Pakistan reduced the number of polio cases from 198 in 2011 to 56 in 2012; Afghanistan saw a decrease from 80 to 35 during the same period, however, Nigeria increased from 62 in 2011 to 119 in 2012.

In 2013, The Gates foundation committed a fresh $1.8 Billion to the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) out of the $5.5 Billion required. Britain contributed $457 million, Canada donated $250 million while $240 million came from Norway. Even the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahayan donated $120 million. Remarkably, these donations from foreign countries are geared towards solving the Polio scourge in 3 countries, Nigeria included. Foreigners help us to fight major health challenges while our idea of development is in gigantic buildings to be used once or twice a month for religious purposes. Our own priority in Nigeria isowning jets, breaking heads with mace, fighting for 2015 elections and building bigger auditoriums. Is it not clear why we are not developing as a country?

The message I got from the pulpit was clear, concise and profound. It does not matter where the N1 Billion comes from, provided it is donated for God’s work. Ever wonder why it is difficult for Pastors and General Overseers to condemn those who have looted our treasury? Recall when Cecelia Ibru and Erastus Akingbola had front row seats at major religious conventions in Nigeria? Did any Pastor speak against their deeds, like Nathan confronted and condemned King David in 2 Samuel 12? The subtle message is clear: “we need your money for the work of God and it does not matter how you get it”. Those who have sincerely worked hard for their wealth will only donate to worthy causes such as Aliko Dangote did when he announced a relief fund contribution of N2.5 Billion to the relief effort of flood victims in 2012."https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=658152460862248&id=100000024999611&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5911584831070047053%3Amf_story_key.-4075839890008540583&_rdr#s_878437630e9e448f9504d46c35ddb39e[/quote

Hmmm...
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by korm2me(m): 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2013
chagga: Then before sermon, General Overseer of RCCG, Pastor Adeboye made a special announcement. The church is to build a new auditorium, stretching 3km in length and width, and four times the size of the present auditorium, to accommodate many more parishioners, before next year’s convention. Everyone was naturally excited, particularly those who get to camp ground late and cannot be seated in the present auditorium. Then Pastor Adeboye shocked me with the following pronouncement:

“We need N1 Billion from ten (10) people, If you are one of them, please see my personal Secretary after we finish today. We also need N100million from those who can afford it, if you are in that category, please see my personal Secretary as well. Nonetheless, we need everyone’s involvement. If you can afford N50million, N20million, N5million, N1million to as low as N100, kindly make sure you participate. How many of you will build for the Lord?” All hands naturally went up in delirium.

I could not believe my eyes. I should not bother myself with how a church raises money to finance projects but a dangerous trend is being set and we are made to believe if we cannot ‘donate’ a certain amount of money, we cannot see Daddy G.O.’s personal Secretary. Such ‘privilege’ is for those that can donate handsomely for the work of God. Assuming a rich man in the Convention donates N1Billion effortlessly and a widow, whose next source of meal is unsure, donates her last N100; who among the two should see Pastor Adeboye’s personal Secretary? Well the answer lies in Luke 21:1-4 and Mark 12:41-44, where Jesus Christ acknowledged the poor widow who donated two copper coins (mite) over the rich donors and said “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on”.

How do we begin to justify asking members of a congregation to donate such a huge amount of money when poverty is smiling at most of the country’s citizens? The last time they were told to donate generously for the Lord towards a University project, as ordained by God, they all gladly did. The sad thing is atN510,000 per session for College of Humanities (100L & 200L), N520 for Management Science students and N550 for Natural Sciences students; Redeemer’s University is not for a Redeemer whose minimum wage is around N18,000. So they have contributed to a project, believing they are sowing for God, yet cannot send their wards/kids to such schools. Interestingly, many of the Pastors (and church leaders) running private Universities today, all enjoyed free education (absolutely free, including free lunch of Rice and Chicken – every Sunday) under Awolowo’s magnanimity. Education is now for rich members only but poor members are not exempt from donations. Hmmmm!

If the project was for research on AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, I would not bat an eyelid. If it was for national fight against Polio eradication in Nigeria like the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation in Africa, we would see the immediate benefits. If it was some sort of entrepreneurial aid to jobless youths, we would feel the impact as a nation. In spite of Bill and Melinda Gates contributions to Polio eradication, Nigeria remains the only African country (not Rwanda, not Mali, not Somalia or Sudan) where Polio is endemic and she shares this feat with Pakistan and Afghanistan. Interestingly, Pakistan reduced the number of polio cases from 198 in 2011 to 56 in 2012; Afghanistan saw a decrease from 80 to 35 during the same period, however, Nigeria increased from 62 in 2011 to 119 in 2012.

In 2013, The Gates foundation committed a fresh $1.8 Billion to the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) out of the $5.5 Billion required. Britain contributed $457 million, Canada donated $250 million while $240 million came from Norway. Even the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahayan donated $120 million. Remarkably, these donations from foreign countries are geared towards solving the Polio scourge in 3 countries, Nigeria included. Foreigners help us to fight major health challenges while our idea of development is in gigantic buildings to be used once or twice a month for religious purposes. Our own priority in Nigeria isowning jets, breaking heads with mace, fighting for 2015 elections and building bigger auditoriums. Is it not clear why we are not developing as a country?

The message I got from the pulpit was clear, concise and profound. It does not matter where the N1 Billion comes from, provided it is donated for God’s work. Ever wonder why it is difficult for Pastors and General Overseers to condemn those who have looted our treasury? Recall when Cecelia Ibru and Erastus Akingbola had front row seats at major religious conventions in Nigeria? Did any Pastor speak against their deeds, like Nathan confronted and condemned King David in 2 Samuel 12? The subtle message is clear: “we need your money for the work of God and it does not matter how you get it”. Those who have sincerely worked hard for their wealth will only donate to worthy causes such as Aliko Dangote did when he announced a relief fund contribution of N2.5 Billion to the relief effort of flood victims in 2012."https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=658152460862248&id=100000024999611&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5911584831070047053%3Amf_story_key.-4075839890008540583&_rdr#s_878437630e9e448f9504d46c35ddb39e
what a shame on our so called men of God. Majority of the big churches are guilty of these. !!! GOzD PLEASE HELP YOUR PEOPLE TO THINK RIGHT!!! @ op welldone
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by korm2me(m): 3:07pm On Aug 16, 2013
BluIvy:

Thanks. And G.O?
General Overseer
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Rosejefrey(f): 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2013
Someone should pls teach me ow 2 reply people's comment.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by sirgreen: 3:29pm On Aug 16, 2013
chagga: Then before sermon, General Overseer of RCCG, Pastor Adeboye made a special announcement. The church is to build a new auditorium, stretching 3km in length and width, and four times the size of the present auditorium, to accommodate many more parishioners, before next year’s convention. Everyone was naturally excited, particularly those who get to camp ground late and cannot be seated in the present auditorium. Then Pastor Adeboye shocked me with the following pronouncement:

The message I got from the pulpit was clear, concise and profound. It does not matter where the N1 Billion comes from, provided it is donated for God’s work. Ever wonder why it is difficult for Pastors and General Overseers to condemn those who have looted our treasury? Recall when Cecelia Ibru and Erastus Akingbola had front row seats at major religious conventions in Nigeria? Did any Pastor speak against their deeds, like Nathan confronted and condemned King David in 2 Samuel 12? The subtle message is clear: “we need your money for the work of God and it does not matter how you get it”. Those who have sincerely worked hard for their wealth will only donate to worthy causes such as Aliko Dangote did when he announced a relief fund contribution of N2.5 Billion to the relief effort of flood victims in 2012."https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=658152460862248&id=100000024999611&refid=8&_ft_=qid.5911584831070047053%3Amf_story_key.-4075839890008540583&_rdr#s_878437630e9e448f9504d46c35ddb39e
my bros you are talking from a human perspective I no that the foolishness of GOD is than the wiseness of men if want to bless u he will say bring bring GOD does not bless noting he bless some is only u that no source of wealth don't misunderstand the G.O.and[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] mind the things u say about a man of GOD me and u no that adeboye is not a man questionable character in terms of GODS work so be carefull
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Adegite5(m): 3:37pm On Aug 16, 2013
bknight: Can pastors adeboye, oyakhilome, ashimolowo, adeyemi etc carry handheld public address system and go with legs preaching under d rain and sun on d streets in some remote village somewhere?
atymes out of unbiassed criticism, more knowledge is acquired, following dis tread my eyes became wide open shocked to d OPs u have critically analysed everything, after all being said, i wont want to judge but if we will compare christ's mission on earth with wat we are having now out of a sincere mind,we will see its d inverse, and as for this question, only FEW and again FEW of this pastors can du dat
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by sirgreen: 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
korm2me:
what a shame on our so called men of God. Majority of the big churches are guilty of these. !!! GOzD PLEASE HELP YOUR PEOPLE TO THINK RIGHT!!! @ op welldone
my bros you are talking from a human perspective I no that the foolishness of GOD is than the wiseness of men if want to bless u he will say bring bring GOD does not bless noting he bless some is only u that no source of wealth don't misunderstand the G.O.and[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] mind the things u say about a man of GOD me and u no that adeboye is not a man questionable character in terms of GODS work so be carefull
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2013
alexvatt: Well, this world is like a game where everybody comes to play game. Just like football match between real madrid versus barcelona. If baba adeboye can be so smart enough to estort money from people without carrying weapon and amunition, so what is big deal. Remember the fool will serve the wise. That is why God says my people are perishing for lack of knowledge. If somebody can sit down gentle in ibadan expressway and u go there give him all ur hard earned money, so who is to blame. Pastors dont rob you with guns for godsake. It is u that go to them for spritual help, therefore u should be ready to pay. All these pastors are just like herbalist. And when u go to herbalist u pay for the services they renders to u ok.

Abi o. I actually marvel at the relative ease with which these guys perpetrate their scams. Either they are really gifted con artists or there must be something powerfully persuasive about the 'in the name of God' scam format. Here's the best part, there is a clause for self-immunity from scrutiny in the scam. They call it "don't judge the man of god", or "do not speak ill about the man of god". In essence, the man robs you blind and yet you can not even contemplate it or talk about it, lest you incur the wrath of "God". Lol. It is the perfect scam. The likes of Fred Ajudua and Ade Bendel must be regretting how they wasted their talents working with less successful scam formats all these years.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by seyi42k(m): 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
darealez:
See who's talking!!! You could've said Solomon's temple was a waste of resources if you were there at that time. Hey! RCCG members are not shouting! The workers are not dying! The ministers aren't grumbling! The pastors aren't complaining! WHO ART THOU! For the pastors we know, ministers we know, workers we know, members we know but you we know not!

If you ain't intrested, walk away! Joy to the WISE, Joy to ME, I refuse to be a FOOL.

It's amazing how Nigerians can think, we don't ever think of fishing without being fed fish! Now don't make it look like you really care for this needy cos you really don't! All you ever wanted was to back your critism up with issue that'll pull the crowd!

Listen, there's a purse for the needy and besides, people are always ready to help! So, i'll advice you get a proper analysis next time.

Solomons Temple? What happened to it at the end of the day. Was it not destroyed and broken to pieces.

We are not thinking well in Nigeria. What did God give us wisdom for. Instead of enlarging the auditorium which already causes a lot of anguish to road travellers, why not use a little amount to improve satellite broadcast?

Instead of holding one massive event, why don't we make it quarterly? Instead of holding it in one place, why don't we hold it in 4 places all over the country to reduce people the number of people that congregates in a place?

I am sure a lot of road travellers don't bless the church for causing them anguish every time this convention is held, now imagine enlarging an auditorium to 3 km.

We really don't think deeply. This kind of thing will never happen in saner climes without the church paying massively for upgrading certain public infrastructure.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by adconline(m): 6:28pm On Aug 16, 2013
m.k.o2005:
The Roman catholics are in a haste to click like on this thread following other ignorant Christians,forgetting that there is a saying that:''HE who lives in glass house should not throw stones'' And Christ never asked us to judge anyone but correct but should first clear ourselves prior correcting others.When it comes to ur own denomination you try to defend her but if others,you condemn like hell !
See below ongoing conversation amongst catholics when they where accused of spending too much cash on their cathedrals:
''The reason that so much is spent on church buildings is that how we build our places of worship SAYS something about what we really think about God.
In communities where the people are successful and wealthy, drive luxuries cars, own large houses with all the latest fashions it would be downright scandalous for them to demand a cheap concrete block office building for a place of worship. When you do that, you send a message to God that He is only good enough for our leftovers.
Poorer communities must obviously make do with less, just like they do at home. And there is nothing wrong with that. There is no shame in being of lower income. The shame comes when you put yourself first and God second. The catholic church is not a big commune. Our parishes are an expression of who WE are locally and what we believe.
What we are called to do instead is to put God first. Our Church buildings should, if anything, be finished BETTER than our own homes. We should give the best things to Christ and make do with the seconds ourselves. We have it backwards in this country. Read the instructions God gave about how to build the Israelite temple in the old testament. The logic was the same then as now: what you build your place of worship to be tells a lot about what you really worship.''-Speaker A
''In my darkest of times, the beauty of Catholic places of worship has provided me with solace and peace. Think about the stained glass windows, steeples, stone work, fresh flowers, statues of Mary and Joseph, and of course Jesus on the cross. I think these places are integral for all members of our community, both in richer and poorer areas. The poor deserve a beautiful place to worship and from which to draw their strength as well.
However, I can understand your frustration as there are many other places and people that need support financially. I do hope that they are able to allocate money for other worthy causes as well. Perhaps that is where the money will go next''-Speaker B
I think the Speaker B below has an opposing view:
'' i don't see the Church spenidng much cash or time or whaatever on evangelizing.
If i had been taught my faith years ago... just even a fraction of what i know today... what i had to teach myself.. my life could have been and definitely would have been much different... i would not now be suffering as terribly as i am (long, long story)from the mistakes i made in the past and how those mistakes have impacted me and others SO horribly..
People are more important than buildings..
that should go without saying.. but i just don't SEE it in our Churches(RCC).. instead, frankly, i see downright hatred toward one another... none of this Love others as you love yourself stuff ...
I'm not saying we should all be hugging each other on entering the Church and that kind of fake love... i am talking about.. warning people of Hell..
on another thread Not Many Escape Hell,it is virtually unanymous that the saints and Jesus said that not many get into Heaven..
So why aren't people taught to evangelize? Ever heard a homily on sharing Christ with others?
Of course peole are going to end up in hell.. they are not taught holiness...
I pray that people find their way to the Church.. to the Real Presence... the sacraments..
but i doubt my prayers are sufficient..
I also evanglize ... but i can only do so much.. gee... what a couple million dollars couldn't do to get people into the church...''

We all have our inhouse issues but do not wish people bad becos they left you to serve same God you claim you are serving!

God help us

Save some bandwidth of ur ignorance. Google Catholic charities, missionary schools, and compare that to GO's obsession with mega-stadium buildings and jets. Pope Francis flies Alitalia commercial airline with over 1bn faithful and ur GO with less than 20million has at least 2 jets.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by ayolatun(m): 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2013
My Treasures are up in Heaven. Even though I give 1000 naira, its not for me to see G.O sec. My treasures are up in Heaven.

i am not giving to G.O's church but Christ Jesus's church. Where are your treasures? Mine is up in Heaven.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze With Sat Guru Maharaji At Cool FM (Photos) / "Paraguayan Teenage Homosexual Transformed By T.B Joshua" (Photos) / Lady Asked To Submit Winners Chapel Tithing Card For Employment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.