Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,144 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong (41182 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Finally Pastor E A Adeboye Got His Name Crested On A Coca-cola Plastic bottle / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Yankelaptops: 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2013
I was in Naija in June and traffic was like Hell. Here in US I used to complain about my 1.30 min commute from Maryland to Virginia on certain days of the week. Normally its takes about 50 minutes drive for 45 miles stretch from my house to my job. In Lagos, it can take 2 to 3 hours from Festact town to Lagos Island.

Has anyone thought about the Environmental impact of building this new auditarium? We just love to bring about unnecessary hardship on ourselves.

We naijas just love big big things. Personally, am freaking tired of all this prayers by Christians, Muslim, etc.. OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED a long time ago. Greediness is what is stopping us from actualizing these prayers. WE ARE ALREADY BLESSED. We need to stop all this prayers, lets implement and execute what GOD has already answered. WE HAVE NATURAL RESOURCES THAT OTHER NATIONS ARE ENVIOUS ABOUT. Some countries don't even have 1/3 of the resources we have. Well what do you think, in 2013 we are exporting palm kernel or mainly using palm kernel to produce palm oil for egusi soup. Another country that CAME TO NIGERIA in the seventies is refining palm kernel to the fullest potential... Palm oil is an extremely popular vegetable oil amongst manufacturers. It is used in over 50% of products, including: baked goods, confectionery, cosmetics, body products and cleaning agents. Hmn.. go figure.....

The link below provides environmental analysis of a stadium before it was built. In Naija... we build first then worry about the stress later...

http://www.njsea.com/stadium/Meadowlands_Stadium_NJSEA_Consultation_Process_Scoping_Document.pdf

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by tonididdy(m): 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2013
this is the reason why i dont goto churches anymore...you just dont know what pastor or what to beleive anymore...instead of praying under a roof where your exaltations and requests and prayers wont get to God,id rather sit at home on sunday and pray
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by 40yahoocom: 10:17pm On Aug 16, 2013
Thank GOD I was @ d program. He said "write a check in d name of rccg". He didnt ask any1 2see any personal...dnt be a confusionist. Get ur facts right next time.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by vikkywaju(m): 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
Nice composition. Pastors are now turning church to business venture nd nt preachin about sin. As there ar many churches so is the level of sin in our society. Heaven shal b ful of surprises.

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by adconline(m): 10:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
40yahoo.com:
Thank GOD I was @ d program. He said "write a check in d name of rccg". He didnt ask any1 2see any personal...dnt be a confusionist. Get ur facts right next time.

What difference does it make if it's written to RCCG or GO? They are one and the same and he owns RCCG. Put on your thinking cap!

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by komekn(m): 12:02am On Aug 17, 2013
Matthew 7:13-14 Enter By the narrow gate ---- 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Nuff said, if you know the word you cant be deceived.

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Solowande(m): 12:57am On Aug 17, 2013
Gombs:

Sir inasmuch as I get your angle of things, let me point out that if there's no need for bigger buildings, where would you want the brethren to meet as heb 10v25 say? I really need an answer. Because in the early church, they met in a place, no?

Lemme shed a little light on the term church/temple according to the New Testament Definition of the Church

The word "church" as rendered in the New Testament
comes from the Greek term ekklesia which is formed
from two Greek words meaning "an assembly" and "to
call out" or "called out ones." In summary, the New
Testament church is a body of believers who have been
called out from the world by God to live as his people
under the authority of Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:22-23).
This group of believers or "the body of Christ" began in Acts 2 on the Day of Pentecost through the work of the Holy Spirit and will continue to be formed until the day of the rapture of the church.

Becoming a Member of the Church

A person becomes "a member" of the church simply by
exercising faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

The Church Local Versus the Church Universal

The local church is defined as a local assembly of
believers or a congregation that meets together
physically for worship, fellowship, teaching, prayer and
encouragement in the faith (Hebrews 10:25). At the
local church level, we are able to live in relationship with other believers—we break bread together ( Communion), pray for each other, disciple, and strengthen one another. At the same time, all believers are members of the universal church. The universal church is made up of every single person who has exercised faith in Jesus Christ for salvation, including members of every local church body throughout the earth (1 Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 1:22-23).

So sir, I think this refutes your point below, God does need physical temples/local churches, not to live there but for the gathering of the saints, see reasons above (heb 10v25)

Now, let's proceed

Lemme address this issue of the "poor", "starving" etc. First of all, a nation of Christian believers are not the poor trying to be rich, they are the rich discovering their inheritance in Christ. In as much as you try to sugar coat it, the prosperity of the brethren is in their pastor/teacher/apostle/bishop etc according to 2 chronicles 20v20 King James Bible

20 And they rose early in the morning, and went forth
into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth,
Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and
ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.

You cannot prosper above your pastor. If your pastor hasn't prospered/prospered enough, you can't, so far he's the one teaching you, except you do stuffs outside God's word. So, if you believe God, you are established in the faith, but then, that's not enough for the good life here on earth (that's why suffering here on earth is a choice even when you believe God. Note that believing/agreeing the Word and confessing/doing the word are two different things. Believing God aint enough, because the bible says even the devil believes and tremble. You believe God AND speak what he spoke abt you and/or concerning anything. Anyways dats a topic for another day) but when you believe in your pastor/teacher/apostle (who God gave you as a gift in the first place so that you can do the work of the ministry -eph 4v7-11) IN THE LORD, you shall prosper. Now, where I'm driving at is dat if your pastor has prospered, and you follow his instructions in the Lord, you MUST
prosper. Heb 6v12 New International Version says

12 We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.

God never spoke to Lot, but Lot prospered because he followed Abraham's instructions (you knw aw he ended because he separated from abraham). So, if a church stil have starving people, poor, etc it's because they (the said members) are yet to apply the teachings of the Pastor (assuming the pastor through faith and patience has inherit that which was promised, cos for me, my pastor has). If they do believe him and what he says IN THE LORD, they'd move up. However,Jesus
said we'd always have the poor with us (those who'd never wanna learn the Gospel of Jesus Christ through their pastor, even though they believe in God. (If you wanna ask "must one have a pastor/rev/bishop/etc", my answer is YES, dats anoda day's topic)). You see!..if Pst Adeboye wanna build an auditorium for the glory of God, he should, and he made that announcement that way, because he knows he's through the Gospel of Jesus, prospered his brethren. He knows God has given him ALL he needs to erect dat structure, and that those materials are in his brethren, irrespective of how you think it.

What makes it a sin? Your assertions? Show me where the bible upheld your statement. Sir, its important you note, on that day, God's gonna judge by his word, not by your assumptions.

I've corrected the above in bold, but lemme tell you. You/We CANNOT prosper a MOG . Your tithe and offerings don't enter his pocket (I'm speaking of those I know of Adeboye, Oyedepo, Onyakhilome, Ibiyome, T.B Joshua etc). As for seeds, he through the Word, prospers you, then when you are led by the spirit, you sow seed(s) into his life, to tap into the annointing upon his life (Jesus collected seeds o, if you need scriptures lemme know). Now, are you saying that these men "Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths
of lions. Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens."(Heb 11v33-34), are you saying its tithe and offerings from members who you called poor, that prospered them? Where were you when they were praying? You were playing. When they were fasting, you were eating, when they were studying, you were on NL typing away, when they were on the streets winning souls to christ, where were you? Now, God's elevated and prospered them as he said in Josuha 1v 7-8, and you dare say they live off the 'poor' members? If thieves and the heathen can drive exotic cars, jets, eat like kings...pls explain to me why God's generals shouldn't.

According to your sensory perceptions. Thank God I know the bible.

guy shut up
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by wallex1983(m): 3:17am On Aug 17, 2013
If I have 2 contribute so much, common sense demands privacy for security reasons. How many pple who give such big amounts have their names announced? I am sure such person will be crucified first on nairaland. It is not out of place for d pastor to say some persons should see the personal secretary
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by KHYLE(m): 3:30am On Aug 17, 2013
frosbel:

God dwells in the midst of his people, he needs no physical temples any more.

It's like a MAN using his savings to expand his house when his wife and children are eating from hand to mouth, he will be called a FOOL. A wise man will meet the needs of his wife and children before embarking on other projects.

Same in this instance, building a bigger auditorium when your people are starving , homeless and have gigantic needs is SIN.

Even worse , in the midst of all these mega needs the pastor and his family live like kings in mansions, drive exotic cars and eat in 5 star restaurants, literally feeding off the money from these poor people.

This is called WICKEDNESS and an evil thing.
Where you dey wen some of these pastors dey suffer. And besides how would you expect him to meet everyones need?
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Fostabeck(m): 3:48am On Aug 17, 2013
adconline:

What difference does it make if it's written to RCCG or GO? They are one and the same and he owns RCCG. Put on your thinking cap!

thats it...IGNORANCE...
Pastor Adeboye doesnt own RCCG,the owner and founder is pastor Akindayomi...i can truly see you're one of those hypocritical christians...keep judging you'd be judged soon...
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by luluosas(m): 4:34am On Aug 17, 2013
The_Matrix: IF you know you don't want to give, pls allow the "gullible' ones to give naa wetin be una own? Brood of vipers: remeber when that woman that used a very expensive spikenard/perfume to wash Jesus' feet in the bible,and your fellow pharisees were busy saying that the oil shud be sold and money given to the poor? Ignorants, Jesus would always tell you "you will always have the poor with you". Moses did something similar when he wanted to build the temple of God. He even went as far as even asking for Engineers to work there full time for free, He urged everybody to contribute greatly. The bottom line is "if you are not a christian, leave Christians alone to do their thing cos it may sound abominable to you. (Recall Moses and Pharaoh) If you are an atheist enjoy it, and don't try and sweet talk odas into it. MHO
Was she asked? Did Jesus ever cajoled her into doing it? This is why the Christendom will continue to be in mess.
Instead of allowing people to donate to the things of God according to their abilities (just like King Solomon did), our pastors will rather brainwashed people in entering into one partnership or the other, in the name of God.
Take for example the current partners with our Pastor, E. A. Adeboye. He said God told him that these present crop of partners will only last for 3 years, (this is after the previous sets of partners existed for 10 whole years) after which there will be a review. You now ask me: When you entered into a partnership with God (become a saved Christian), does it mean it is for a set period of time (certain days, weeks, months, years)? Let's use our God given wisdom to discern hypocrisy in the churches, all in the name of 'God said','giving to God', 'building for God' etc.
Now, what is the side attraction to you if you partnered with Pastor Adeboye?
According to him, within the time frame of your partnership with him, none of your person will die (physical death). Brethren, is this what the bible teaches us?
Death is inevitable to every humans on the surface of this earth (Christians and none Christians alike), should Jesus delayed His coming (Rapture). As a result, you see people cajoled into making monthly commitment of pledge to the tune of two million naira (outside tithes, offerings and sowing seeds), all because THEY DON'T WANT TO DIE. Wouldn't you die after all?
In handling the matter of whether you will die or not, let's rather claim the promises of God that, we get to the time frame of God's lifespan circle, not this hoodwinking plots of our pastors, as if they are the only one that can hear from God.
Thank you.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Fostabeck(m): 4:37am On Aug 17, 2013
Nice write up mr poster....just have some questions to ask you and some things to say;
1. Should the church be held responsible for penury in the society,since no one is ever forced to pay tithe,offerings and donations?
2. Should pastors live like paupers so as to prove to you they are'nt looting their church's money?
3. If you were to be a man of God,would you refuse gifts from your members? Cos in real sense members bless their pastors willingly cos their (member's) prayers were answered...(Pastor Adeboye not an exception)
3. It was Shrewdness on Pastor Adeboye's side to say those with big money donations should report to his p.a cos i dont think any rational person should expect those kind of donations to be paid in public for security reasons.
4. Is the church the government or a political organisation? How come you're expecting it to carry the burden of the government by alleviating poverty..putting the BLAME OF THE GOVERNMENT On THE CHURCH..
5. I think all those that have been mentioning TB Joshua have to look at the hypocritical side of the prophets attitude..do you remember how the hypocrites did give in the bible? Thats exactly the way the prophet does. He packs his retinue of cameramen and newspeople to every single place and person he wants to give anything to, WHY? This is unlike other pastors. They give to members in secret and their God rewards them openly....moreso i believe nothing works better than prayer. No matter how much gifts you dole out as a pastor,poverty wont cease so its better you tackle spiritual things spiritually.. I guess that should spell the difference between TB and Adeboye..moreso Redeemed members are not that poor,even the poor ones are assisted at their various local parishes,that i can BOLDLY say...
5. Pastor ADEBOYE does not OWN RCCG, he is only a GENERAL OVERSEER, The founder is late PASTOR JOSHUA AKINDAYOMI..
6. Another assertion that needs to be corrected is that these pastors have their own personal businesses so it is totally prepostrous to say they loot church money. Pastor Adeboye is a renowned writer and his books are read worldwide. That alone is enough to make money...Pastor Oyedepo owns a university..not convenant university(cos its for the church)
7. Concerning you asking why should the church build another auditorium, i'd like to tell you that the current one doesnt accommodate everybody..those present at the just concluded convention would testify to that.......
8. Concluding that we worship Pastor Adeboye is more unless a Blatant Lie. We are Nigerians now,we arent that gullible. Its all about you knowing God is using the Man,so why hesitate to recieve prayers and blessings from him.

The conspiracy motive behind your going to camp and this post you put up is questionable, BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME

nb once again: the church is not a Governmental or a political organisation? Dont expect it to carry the burden of the government by alleviating poverty amongst the people...what concerns the church with reducing polio?? Yet to fathom ..... If after this you still find it hard to accept defeat and brace up to the fact that your assertions were all wrong, then i'd advise you to rethink...

To all persons concerned

Dr Hazard Wonderkid.....

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by luluosas(m): 4:41am On Aug 17, 2013
tonididdy: this is the reason why i dont goto churches anymore...you just dont know what pastor or what to beleive anymore...instead of praying under a roof where your exaltations and requests and prayers wont get to God,id rather sit at home on sunday and pray
No, brother. This shouldn't stop you from attending a church service because, iron sharpens iron. Rather, don't be deceived into sowing to the god of chosen in the name of sowing to Jesus. God bless you.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Fostabeck(m): 4:48am On Aug 17, 2013
luluosas:
Was she asked? Did Jesus ever cajoled her into doing it? This is why the Christendom will continue to be in mess.
Instead of allowing people to donate to the things of God according to their abilities (just like King Solomon did), our pastors will rather brainwashed people in entering into one partnership or the other, in the name of God.
Take for example the current partners with our Pastor, E. A. Adeboye. He said God told him that these present crop of partners will only last for 3 years, (this is after the previous sets of partners existed for 10 whole years) after which there will be a review. You now ask me: When you entered into a partnership with God (become a saved Christian), does it mean it is for a set period of time (certain days, weeks, months, years)? Let's use our God given wisdom to discern hypocrisy in the churches, all in the name of 'God said','giving to God', 'building for God' etc.
Now, what is the side attraction to you if you partnered with Pastor Adeboye?
According to him, within the time frame of your partnership with him, none of your person will die (physical death). Brethren, is this what the bible teaches us?
Death is inevitable to every humans on the surface of this earth (Christians and none Christians alike), should Jesus delayed His coming (Rapture). As a result, you see people cajoled into making monthly commitment of pledge to the tune of two million naira (outside tithes, offerings and sowing seeds), all because they want to die. Wouldn't you die after all?
In handling the matter of whether you will die or not, let's rather claim the promises of God that, we get to the time frame of God's lifespan circle, not this hoodwinking plots of our pastors, as if they are the only one that can hear from God.
Thank you.

bro , your write up is quite confusing and mungled up.....from the little i'm able to gather

what kind of patnership are you talking about?
All christians are not spiritually at the same level so dont bother to ask if its only the pastors that can hear from God..
I'm also suprised you're asking why pastors ask members for donations...i'd repeat once again that it is not 'by force' thing,who would donate if not members? The chairs? Bible or God'll come down from heaven to donate money for projects?? 'Ask and you shall be given' its boldly written in the Bible.......i'm even wondering why you're sounding like these pastors are begging for it..they have their money,its only that the work of God has to move foward....in the process,things like this are bound to happen....

Hazard
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by luluosas(m): 4:50am On Aug 17, 2013
Fostabeck: Nice write up mr poster....just have some questions to ask you and some things to say;
1. Should the church be held responsible for penury in the society,since no one is ever forced to pay tithe,offerings and donations?
2. Should pastors live like paupers so as to prove to you they are'nt looting their church's money?
3. If you were to be a man of God,would you refuse gifts from your members? Cos in real sense members bless their pastors willingly cos their (member's) prayers were answered...(Pastor Adeboye not an exception)
3. It was Shrewdness on Pastor Adeboye's side to say those with big money donations should report to his p.a cos i dont think any rational person should expect those kind of donations to be paid in public for security reasons.
4. Is the church the government or a political organisation? How come you're expecting it to carry the burden of the government by alleviating poverty..putting the BLAME OF THE GOVERNMENT On THE CHURCH..
5. I think all those that have been mentioning TB Joshua have to look at the hypocritical side of the prophets attitude..do you remember how the hypocrites did give in the bible? Thats exactly the way the prophet does. He packs his retinue of cameramen and newspeople to every single place and person he wants to give anything to, WHY? This is unlike other pastors. They give to members in secret and their God rewards them openly....moreso i believe nothing works better than prayer. No matter how much gifts you dole out as a pastor,poverty wont cease so its better you tackle spiritual things spiritually.. I guess that should spell the difference between TB and Adeboye..moreso Redeemed members are not that poor,even the poor ones are assisted at their various local parishes,that i can BOLDLY say...
5. Pastor ADEBOYE does not OWN RCCG, he is only a GENERAL OVERSEER, The founder is late PASTOR JOSHUA AKINDAYOMI..
6. Another assertion that needs to be corrected is that these pastors have their own personal businesses so it is totally prepostrous to say they loot church money. Pastor Adeboye is a renowned writer and his books are read worldwide. That alone is enough to make money...Pastor Oyedepo owns a university..not convenant university(cos its for the church)
7. Concerning you asking why should the church build another auditorium, i'd like to tell you that the current one doesnt accommodate everybody..those present at the just concluded convention would testify to that.......
8. Concluding that we worship Pastor Adeboye is more unless a Blatant Lie. We are Nigerians now,we arent that gullible. Its all about you knowing God is using the Man,so why hesitate to recieve prayers and blessings from him.

The conspiracy motive behind your going to camp and this post you put up is questionable, BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME
nb once again: the church is not a Governmental or a political organisation? Dont expect it to carry the burden of the government by alleviating poverty amongst the people...what concerns the church with reducing polio?? Yet to fathom ..... If after this you still find it hard to accept defeat and brace up to the fact that your assertions were all wrong, then i'd advise you to rethink...
To all persons concerned
Dr Hazard Wonderkid.....
The bolded reminds me now of a blog I was supposed to post before the just concluded convention. I pray that God will give me the grace to do it in a short while from now. Thank you.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by luluosas(m): 5:09am On Aug 17, 2013
Fostabeck:
bro , your write up is quite confusing and mungled up.....from the little i'm able to gather

what kind of patnership are you talking about?
All christians are not spiritually at the same level so dont bother to ask if its only the pastors that can hear from God..

I'm also suprised you're asking why pastors ask members for donations...i'd repeat once again that it is not 'by force' thing,who would donate if not members? The chairs? Bible or God'll come down from heaven to donate money for projects?? 'Ask and you shall be given' its boldly written in the Bible.......i'm even wondering why you're sounding like these pastors are begging for it..they have their money,its only that the work of God has to move foward....in the process,things like this are bound to happen....

Hazard
If you a member of RCCG and you don't know about the partnership I am talking about then, you are an 'outsider'.
As for the case of hearing from God, my friend, the day Jesus Christ died on the cross, the restrictions to approach the Throne of God was torn into two. I don't need any one pastor to speak to that God said, when I have the Holy Spirit of inside of me.
Therefore, forget about whether we are of the same spiritual level or not. If you have the Spirit of God in you, no man, I mean no man will ever deceive you. Thank you.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by sage007: 6:03am On Aug 17, 2013
I believe building a new auditorium is a misplaced priority for the RCCG. Here are some submissions:

1. According to Matthew 14:13-21, Mark 6:31-44, Luke 9:10-17 and John 6:5-15, Jesus did not at anytime contemplate providing any form of building nor auditoriums for the 5000 and 4000 multitudes who followed him to those remote locations but at all time he MADE SURE they never go hungary. Please are we now saying no member of RCCG is hungary as at the time the request for donation was made?

2. Again, are we saying anoiting or blessings from the GO cannot be received if not physically around him? Please let's call a spade a spade. Even at building the supposed auditorium, how many people who attend such convention would be able to see or hear the GO one on one. I bet majority of the people would be listening to him over Public address system as well as visualise him through video projections. Therefore, I see no why the convention can't be decentralised by having various parishes to hold the convention at their local churches with the GO himself broadcasting to them live via satellite or other technological means as technology is supposed to make life more bearable.

3. Our highly revered Daddy, Pastor Enoch Adeboye is a human that breathes in air and has blood flowing in him like every other human. He can also make mistakes like any other person. Kindly let's accept this fact.

Brethren, let's not be clouded in our ways of reasoning, God has given us our brains to use! Galileo Galilei, a common man, once proved the church wrong.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by rhymz(m): 7:40am On Aug 17, 2013
It is even unfortunate that nobody is talking about the insidious effect this "give money get Blessings" trend in churches is having on the way we view the poor, we have all lost compassion for them and view their poverty state with disgust as if they are the reason they have continued to be poor like some pastors erroneously preach about poverty being mindset and all that sweet talking nonsense they use to manipulate the psyche of their largely tamed congregation.

There will always be poor people amongst us, no doubt, but is it not one of the responsibilities of NPOs like churches to not only be seen preaching about it but also make prioritized efforts to help alleviate poverty and sufferings through long-lasting contributions to people's lives.

It's high time the managers of these churches showed some transparency and financial responsibility in the way funds are handled, how come nobody has asked what the monies accrued from other branches every month through remittances are used for if every time the church needs to embark on a project, it has to ask for preposterous contributions from members. As we know, churches are not taxed so exactly do they spend money on, maintaining daddy GO's insatiable lifestyle? Maintaining daddy GO's private jet? Or embarking on ego boosting superfluous projects that have little effects on the lives of the majority of people that go to daddy GO's church.

Does RCCG have engineers and environmentalists, were they consulted by the all knowing papa GO? How come nobody is talking about the alternatives of building a 3km stretch of auditorium with all its attendant problems and environmental hazard along a major highway when there are way better alternatives through the use of advanced public transmission and address systems. Do they really need everyone converging in a place, is that really necessary or is it about just being known for pulling crowds and causing avoidable traffic.

I am surprised that government environmental agencies are not saying anything about the negative impact these religious bodies and their crowds wreck on the environment, they are gradually constituting a nuisance to road users, I personally have experienced avoidable sufferings they put road travelers through, no responsible government should allow such nonsense to continue, let alone adding another wooping 3km stretch, bunch of unreasonable bigots calling themselves men God.

Finally, until they learn to prioritize, they will continue to put pressure,on their members to go and steal money to impress Daddy GO.

1 Like

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by adconline(m): 10:06am On Aug 17, 2013
Fostabeck: Nice write up mr poster....just have some questions to ask you and some things to say;

To all persons concerned

Dr Hazard Wonderkid.....
What kind of Dr? Babalowo, Quack Dr, purchased Ph.D?
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by nora544: 10:32am On Aug 17, 2013
rhymz: It is even unfortunate that nobody is talking about the insidious effect this "give money get Blessings" trend in churches is having on the way we view the poor, we have all lost compassion for them and view their poverty state with disgust as if they are the reason they have continued to be poor like some pastors erroneously preach about poverty being mindset and all that sweet talking nonsense they use to manipulate the psyche of their largely tamed congregation.

There will always be poor people amongst us, no doubt, but is it not one of the responsibilities of NPOs like churches to not only be seen preaching about it but also make prioritized efforts to help alleviate poverty and sufferings through long-lasting contributions to people's lives.

It's high time the managers of these churches showed some transparency and financial responsibility in the way funds are handled, how come nobody has asked what the monies accrued from other branches every month through remittances are used for if every time the church needs to embark on a project, it has to ask for preposterous contributions from members. As we know, churches are not taxed so exactly do they spend money on, maintaining daddy GO's insatiable lifestyle? Maintaining daddy GO's private jet? Or embarking on ego boosting superfluous projects that have little effects on the lives of the majority of people that go to daddy GO's church.

Does RCCG have engineers and environmentalists, were they consulted by the all knowing papa GO? How come nobody is talking about the alternatives of building a 3km stretch of auditorium with all its attendant problems and environmental hazard along a major highway when there are way better alternatives through the use of advanced public transmission and address systems. Do they really need everyone converging in a place, is that really necessary or is it about just being known for pulling crowds and causing avoidable traffic.

I am surprised that government environmental agencies are not saying anything about the negative impact these religious bodies and their crowds wreck on the environment, they are gradually constituting a nuisance to road users, I personally have experienced avoidable sufferings they put road travelers through, no responsible government should allow such nonsense to continue, let alone adding another wooping 3km stretch, bunch of unreasonable bigots calling themselves men God.

Finally, until they learn to prioritize, they will continue to put pressure,on their members to go and steal money to impress Daddy GO.

The problem is the missmanagment in nigeria.

In my country it is not possible that a church can work like this, a church is a non profit organisation and they have to show what they make with the money they get and they have to make this every year and when something is not okay you could read it in the newspapers.

In my country it is not possible to make such great donations because the goverment will ask you why you can make this. You have to show the goverment if this money belongs realy to you.

It is easy for Adeboye to sell his books when you see this books in his church and the people look when you didnot buy his books, i hear this from a friend.

I am proud in my country we have religion teached in the schools and if your are christian or muslim you get teached your religion in school.

The problem in nigeria is that the churches want givers but don't ask from which pot the money come.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 17, 2013
You are totally right. To me he's got it more than wrong.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 17, 2013
Your pastor got it wrong.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by luluosas(m): 1:27pm On Aug 17, 2013
This was RCCG parish in 2010. Isn't it wonderful?

Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Fostabeck(m): 7:49pm On Aug 17, 2013
adconline:
What kind of Dr? Babalowo, Quack Dr, purchased Ph.D?

potential........
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Fostabeck(m): 7:56pm On Aug 17, 2013
nora544:

The problem is the missmanagment in nigeria.

In my country it is not possible that a church can work like this, a church is a non profit organisation and they have to show what they make with the money they get and they have to make this every year and when something is not okay you could read it in the newspapers.

In my country it is not possible to make such great donations because the goverment will ask you why you can make this. You have to show the goverment if this money belongs realy to you.

It is easy for Adeboye to sell his books when you see this books in his church and the people look when you didnot buy his books, i hear this from a friend.

I am proud in my country we have religion teached in the schools and if your are christian or muslim you get teached your religion in school.

The problem in nigeria is that the churches want givers but don't ask from which pot the money come.

the church needs givers
it isnt begging for givers
the church cannot start asking where who and who got money from,thats for God to know...the church will only stress that you should make your money clean.....dis Elijah bother to ask the widow where she got her mite from?
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by BERNIMOORE: 11:21pm On Aug 17, 2013
ayolatun: My Treasures are up in Heaven. Even though I give 1000 naira, its not for me to see G.O sec. My treasures are up in Heaven.

i am not giving to G.O's church but Christ Jesus's church. Where are your treasures? Mine is up in Heaven.

did jesus tell you that he needs your money? answer me please, where jesus ever said that you should donate money!

why not give it to the poor the way he instructed so that you have your treasures in heaven

read it brain-washed-fellow:

Matthew 19:21

Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, [size=14pt]go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
[/size]
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Seekeroftruth: 11:23pm On Aug 17, 2013
the givers are not complainin. NL Are
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by flinton(m): 7:22am On Aug 18, 2013
I wonder what a non christian will think when he reads something like this, our men of God have made christianity so complicated, our God,my God is not a confusionist and I still believe true christianity is the true and simplest form of religion, so to hell to anyone who tries to make it complicated for the sake of riches
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by kushsy: 8:57am On Aug 18, 2013
Akiika:

So why would you judge GEJ or any other equally unjust and oppressive leader in the society?
.cos de r not MOG.d holy book said so.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by kingthreat(m): 9:14am On Aug 18, 2013
Fostabeck:

the church needs givers
it isnt begging for givers
the church cannot start asking where who and who got money from,thats for God to know...the church will only stress that you should make your money clean.....dis Elijah bother to ask the widow where she got her mite from?

Elijah had nothing to do with the Widow's mite. The widow's mite story was in the New Testament. Go and boost yourself with the knowledge of the word of God so you can use ample facts to defend your opinion.
Re: Where Pastor Adeboye Got It Wrong by Generalemperor: 9:26am On Aug 22, 2013
It a luvly argument dat cnt av a loser nor winner,bt in every argument dey mst b a lesson,
Yes outstrgeous sum of money He requested bt I knw King Solomon My uncle gv d highest Sacrifice 2 God ad God wz amazed abt dat ad Blessd hm far above any1 u cn tink of,d only man 2 av riden on Golden Horse,Abel did same while Cain gv rotten stuffs,God accepted Abel's own,nw 1 tin 4 sure if u av 1 naira ad u gvn 1 naira,u av gvn d best,weda Daddy G.O calls dat amount or nt,u are nt gvn 2 see daddy G.O,bt God,so if ur main is Daddy G.O,dat call High service

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pastor Charles Osazuwa: It Is A Sin To Be A Tenant In A Rented Apartment / Ilorin Cleric Attacks Osun Priestess, Worshippers / Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo Laments 'Level Of Nudity' In Weddings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.