Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,932 members, 7,806,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... (25520 Views)

My Infinix X600 Note 2 Jst Arrivd From Jumia.hands On Review Follws immdiatly / Infinix Note 2 Has Been Launched! / HTC G2 (Android Phone) Owners Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:55am On Aug 20, 2013
[size=28pt]HOW TO ROOT SGN NOTE 2 N7100[/size]

Method 1:

Advantage:

You have to reset flash counter once only

whenever you need to reset to unroot/ready to claim warranty, just you need to go to superSU - setting - unroot.

So If you are Flash counter conscious and really don't have need for nandroid backup, This one is for You.

Disadvantage:

Here you will get full root access, but here recovery will remain stock, so you won't have option to flash zip files

(still you can flash zip with Mobile Odin)

you won't have any option for Nandroid backup/Restore.

[size=14pt]Procedure :[/size]

Download this http://download.chainfire.eu/264/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100.zip

and extract it to .tar.md5

Make sure you have installed Kies OR Samsung USB driver

1.Open Odin and select PDA tab

2.Point to extracted file CF-Auto-Root-***.tar.md5

3.Now switch off device and reboot in download mode

press Vol down + Home +Power, And then, press Volume UP button in Warning Page to enter the Download Mode

4.Connect device to PC and wait till device successfully added to com port (it will turn light blue)

5.Hit ‘Start’ to flash

6.Once it flashed successfully, you can see 'PASS' in table above the ID :COM, you can disconnect device from PC

7.Reboot device and you will have superSU in application drawer.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:55am On Aug 20, 2013
[size=28pt]HOW TO ROOT SGN NOTE 2 N7100[/size]

Method 2:

Advantage:

You can disable exploit.

Easiest, No PC Needed. Simply install apk to root device,

No flashing/Resetting counter needed.

Disadvantage:

Camera issue on some FirmWare, but reversible by disabling exploit in one click

1. Download this http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1576221&d=1355926774

2.Install application as routine apk installation and open it.

3.Open Exynos Abuse application from App drawer

4.Select Root device

5.It will ask SuperSU permission, Grant it

6.Now your device is rooted

Note : This may affect camera, but opening the application and unchecking disable exploit makes it work again.

How to Unroot and make status Normal

Open Exynos Abuse app, uncheck disable explot and select Unroot device.
restart phone
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:22am On Aug 20, 2013
[size=18pt]HOW TO ROOT SGN NOTE 2 N7100[/size]

[size=14pt]Method 3:[/size]

1. Download http://www.mediafire.com/?5hhuae70pr2zxuw

2. Download http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1534295&d=1354574834 and copy zip file to Sd card of device

Procedure :

Step 1
Make sure you have installed Kies OR Samsung USB driver

1.Open Odin and select PDA tab

2.Point to recovery file you have downloaded philz_touch_* -n7100.tar.md5

3.Now switch off device and reboot in download mode
press Vol down + Home +Power, And then, press Volume UP button in Warning Page to enter the Download Mode

4.Connect device to PC and wait till device successfully added to com port (it will turn light blue)

5.Hit ‘Start’ to flash

6.Once it flashed successfully, you can see 'PASS' in table above the ID :COM, you can disconnect device from PC

Step 2 :
Now reboot to recovery (press Vol up + Home +Power)

and flash superSu and busy box file from recovery, which you have copied to Sd card

reboot system

Done !

you should have SuperSU application in drawer.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:28am On Aug 20, 2013
[size=18pt]How to Unroot :[/size]

- This is commonly needed before sending it to service station and reclaim warranty.

1.if you have any custom recovery/Kernel first you need to replace it with stock one.

If you have custom ROM, then you will have to flash stock ROM.(you can use mobie odin to keep root intact to reset counter)

2.You need to use Triangle away if your binary count is non zero

3.Once your flash counter is 'No' then you can simply unroot from superSU setting

if your device status is -Modified, you can do this trick to reset to normal

setting - appl manager - All - clear data for SysScope as well Enterprise SysScope
This should change system setting to Normal

If still you have modified status, you can wipe cache and data from recovery

If still it doesn't change status, try removing Ext SD card

4. This is optional but full proof method to unroot and won't leave any footprint of previous root.(provided you flash counter is 'No')

-Flash Stock ROM with PC Odin
- Wipe cache and data.

STOCK KERNELS

Stock Recovery/Kernel/Modem from XXDMG1_INU

http://d-h.st/JxH

Extract it, you will get individual .tar files for (boot)Kernel,Recovery and Modem.
Install required with PC/Mobile Odin.

On pc odin, For kernel and recovery use pda tab while for modem use phone tab.
For mobile odin, there is separate tab for each.

Stock Recovery/Kernel/Modem from XXDMC3_INU

http://d-h.st/OSN
Extract it, you will get individual .tar files for (boot)Kernel,Recovery and Modem.

Stock Recovery/Kernel/Modem from XXDMC3_XEO

http://d-h.st/1yN

Extract it, you will get individual .tar files for Kernel,Recovery and Modem.

Stock Recovery from XXDMB6

http://d-h.st/Q9U

Download and flash using Odin for PDA tab.

Stock Recovery/Kernel/Modem from XXDMB6

http://d-h.st/gwn

Extract it, you will get individual .tar files for Kernel,Recovery and Modem.

Stock Recovery/Kernel/Bootloader/Modem for latest MB2

http://d-h.st/7Jh

Extract it, you will get individual .tar files for bootloader,Kernel,Recovery and Modem.

Stock Recovery/Kernel/Bootloader/Modem for latest MA6

http://d-h.st/gFF

Extract it, you will get individual .tar files for bootloader,Kernel,Recovery and Modem.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Rogbese(m): 11:49am On Aug 21, 2013
Great work, 4llerbuntu. Let's not keep it software only sha o. A bit of hardware tips also. Screen protectors, cases, pouches, memory cards and so on. I use the bluff armour protector on my screen. I've put it through a LOT of abuse and it still looks good. I ordered the zero lemon zl9300 battery to. I'll post pics as soon as it arrives.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by auztyno: 3:36pm On Aug 21, 2013
Nyz tred....
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Rogbese(m): 6:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
I have a 32gb class 10 memory card installed in my phone. Next trick is to figure out how to make the phone see it as internal memory! grin
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by NaijaHotGuy: 7:04am On Aug 22, 2013
waiting for the note 3...Like wen wil it be available in Nigeria, anyone?
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:50am On Aug 22, 2013
Rogbese: I have a 32gb class 10 memory card installed in my phone. Next trick is to figure out how to make the phone see it as internal memory! grin

DISCLAIMER: ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK

[size=14pt]THIS WORKS PERFECTLY WITH TOUCHWIZ JELLYBEAN ROMS[/size]

YOU NEED TO BE ROOTED

YOU NEED ROOT EXPLORER APP

1. ITS RECOMMENDED TO DO THIS MODIFICATION JUST AFTER YOU INSTALL NEW ROM

2. PLEASE PLEASE take a backup of your internal memory and external memory before doing this modification, just in case if anything goes wrong (99.9% nothing will go wrong) but still to be on safer side, its recommended

3. If you have skipped the #1 then copy all the Android folder and paste it into memory card (yes memory card), so that your pre installed apps works perfectly.

4. Please take a backup of your stock vold.fstab file before trying this

5. CWM Recovery will NOT recognise this SWAP, you will see no change in memory in CWM Recovery, Internal is Internal and External is External there, just like stock.

HOW TO-

open root explorer and navigate to /system/etc, Mount R/W

Find vold.fstab, tap and hold on it and then click open with and choose ''TEXT EDITOR'

Now look for these these lines:

# internal sdcard
{
ums_sys_path = /sys/class/android_usb/f_mass_storage/lun0/file
secure_format = enable
discard = enable
supported_exfat = disable
}
dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard0 11 /devices/platform/dw_mmc/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0 encryptable_nonremovable

# external sdcard
{
ums_sys_path = /sys/class/android_usb/f_mass_storage/lun1/file
android_secure_containers = enable
}
dev_mount sdcard1 /storage/extSdCard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc1

EDIT IT LIKE THIS:

# internal sdcard
{
}
dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard0 auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc1

# external sdcard
{
discard = enable
}
dev_mount sdcard1 /storage/extSdCard 11 /devices/platform/dw_mmc/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0 encryptable_nonremovable

tap on menu key (soft key) and select ''Save and Exit''

After you tap on it, it comes back to folder, don't do anything, just REBOOT your phone

It should be swapped.

To be safe, please be sure your kernel has CWM and get the AROMA FILE MANAGER.

in case of any mishaps, u can boot into CWM and use it to replace the folders/files you backed up prior to the memory swap.

BTW is the flash memory not faster than a class 10 card or u simply want it because of the size?

anyways, good luck.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 22, 2013
NaijaHotGuy: waiting for the note 3...Like wen wil it be available in Nigeria, anyone?
oct nov
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Rogbese(m): 9:15pm On Aug 23, 2013
4llerbuntu:

DISCLAIMER: ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK

[size=14pt]THIS WORKS PERFECTLY WITH TOUCHWIZ JELLYBEAN ROMS[/size]

YOU NEED TO BE ROOTED

YOU NEED ROOT EXPLORER APP

1. ITS RECOMMENDED TO DO THIS MODIFICATION JUST AFTER YOU INSTALL NEW ROM

2. PLEASE PLEASE take a backup of your internal memory and external memory before doing this modification, just in case if anything goes wrong (99.9% nothing will go wrong) but still to be on safer side, its recommended

3. If you have skipped the #1 then copy all the Android folder and paste it into memory card (yes memory card), so that your pre installed apps works perfectly.

4. Please take a backup of your stock vold.fstab file before trying this

5. CWM Recovery will NOT recognise this SWAP, you will see no change in memory in CWM Recovery, Internal is Internal and External is External there, just like stock.

HOW TO-

open root explorer and navigate to /system/etc, Mount R/W

Find vold.fstab, tap and hold on it and then click open with and choose ''TEXT EDITOR'

Now look for these these lines:

# internal sdcard
{
secure_format = enable
discard = enable
supported_exfat = disable
}
dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard0 11 /devices/platform/dw_mmc/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0 encryptable_nonremovable

# external sdcard
{
}
dev_mount sdcard1 /storage/extSdCard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc1

EDIT IT LIKE THIS:

# internal sdcard
{
}
dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard0 auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.2/mmc_host/mmc1

# external sdcard
{
discard = enable
}
dev_mount sdcard1 /storage/extSdCard 11 /devices/platform/dw_mmc/mmc_host/mmc0/mmc0 encryptable_nonremovable

tap on menu key (soft key) and select ''Save and Exit''

After you tap on it, it comes back to folder, don't do anything, just REBOOT your phone

It should be swapped.

To be safe, please be sure your kernel has CWM and get the AROMA FILE MANAGER.

in case of any mishaps, u can boot into CWM and use it to replace the folders/files you backed up prior to the memory swap.

BTW is the flash memory not faster than a class 10 card or u simply want it because of the size?

anyways, good luck.

Thanks mate! I'm not too sure about the speed difference, I basically want it for the size difference. You are becoming a big asset for this thread. Keep it up Bro.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Rogbese(m): 9:11pm On Aug 27, 2013
GN2 owners, where una dey?!
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Debolous: 6:54pm On Aug 29, 2013
i'm about to try this method. wish me luck
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Debolous: 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
4llerbuntu: [size=28pt]HOW TO ROOT SGN NOTE 2 N7100[/size]

Method 2:

Advantage:

You can disable exploit.

Easiest, No PC Needed. Simply install apk to root device,

No flashing/Resetting counter needed.

Disadvantage:

Camera issue on some FirmWare, but reversible by disabling exploit in one click

1. Download this http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1576221&d=1355926774

2.Install application as routine apk installation and open it.

3.Open Exynos Abuse application from App drawer

4.Select Root device

5.It will ask SuperSU permission, Grant it

6.Now your device is rooted

Note : This may affect camera, but opening the application and unchecking disable exploit makes it work again.

How to Unroot and make status Normal

Open Exynos Abuse app, uncheck disable explot and select Unroot device.
restart phone

wow. just one click and it says my note 2 is rooted! but when i opened the superuser interface it says it needa an update. should i update? pls advise this rookie
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
yes u can update
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by newman10(m): 9:02am On Aug 30, 2013
I got this when I wanted to use method 2 to root my note 2. What am I doing wrong

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Debolous: 10:46am On Aug 30, 2013
4llerbuntu: yes u can update
Thx man. i did and now i can't wait to fully use my device
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Debolous: 10:49am On Aug 30, 2013
newman10: I got this when I wanted to use method 2 to root my note 2. What am I doing wrong
is ur fone GT N7100, international edition?
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by opisco01(m): 4:27pm On Sep 02, 2013
pls hw do I upgrade to 4.2.2 os
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by NaijaHotGuy: 11:27pm On Sep 02, 2013
pls guys is it okay to buy an SGN 2 I saw. it has the carrier O2 (I know this cos when i booted it, the O2 logo first came up). will it be possible to root this particular one and are UK USED SGNs okay to buy in general (is there sth to look out for). thanks
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Rogbese(m): 2:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
NaijaHotGuy: pls guys is it okay to buy an SGN 2 I saw. it has the carrier O2 (I know this cos when i booted it, the O2 logo first came up). will it be possible to root this particular one and is UK USED SGN okay to buy on general (is there sth to look out for). thanks

Nothing wrong with buying London used. However you cannot be sure about the condition of the battery, you will need to buy accessories like charger and earpiece separate.

As for flashing, just make sure you flash roms SPECIFIC to the carrier you bought. It's always better to buy an international version as they are easier to Flash and roms easier to come by.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Rogbese(m): 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
i've gone thru the note 3 specs and I cannot see myself going for it. All the software tweaks will soon find their way to the note 2, I'm sure, from those guys at xda-developers.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Rogbese(m): 7:55am On Sep 06, 2013
cool

My galaxy note 2, still looking good!!!
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 06, 2013
Rogbese:

Nothing wrong with buying London used. However you cannot be sure about the condition of the battery, you will need to buy accessories like charger and earpiece separate.

As for flashing, just make sure you flash roms SPECIFIC to the carrier you bought. It's always better to buy an international version as they are easier to Flash and roms easier to come by.
please. ...my note2 is rooted. .wat next? ? How do I go about rom flashing and all dt??
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Rogbese(m): 12:36am On Sep 07, 2013
BADNEAT: please. ...my note2 is rooted. .wat next? ? How do I go about rom flashing and all dt??

Once you've discovered your phone model, visit xda-developers and download roms from there or simply Google it...
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Nobody: 3:32am On Sep 07, 2013
Rogbese:

Once you've discovered your phone model, visit xda-developers and download roms from there or simply Google it...
do I need to back up something? ? Cos I was reading about the need to back up in case something goes wrong along d way I can restore back
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Rogbese(m): 10:48am On Sep 07, 2013
A backup is essential. Once more essential. Repeat, ESSENTIAL.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2013
Rogbese: A backup is essential. Once more essential. Repeat, ESSENTIAL.
thought as much. ..which app should I use??
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Rogbese(m): 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2013
clockwork mod. cwm. After rooting, install this and backup your current phone status. Make sure you backup to SD card.
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by oriste(f): 6:17pm On Sep 07, 2013
My note 2 screen just broke and its so painful and expensive to fix anione in the house who knows a phone repair should contact me here
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 08, 2013
Rogbese: clockwork mod. cwm. After rooting, install this and backup your current phone status. Make sure you backup to SD card.
thanks man. ...
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Owners Meet Here... by Nobody: 12:49am On Sep 08, 2013
BADNEAT: thanks man. ...
bro...I'm seeing so many clock work mod. .which one should I install. .xwm rom manager or recovery? ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Which Smartphone Brand Is Your Favorite And Why? / Why Do Nigerians Hate Tecno Phones?? / Unboxing Pictures Of The Tecno Phonepad 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.