Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Who Is Using Windows 8? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Who Is Using Windows 8? (921 Views)

30 Ways Microsoft Spy On You Using Windows 10 And How To Disable Them / Are You Using Windows 8? Does Your Browser Shows Like This? / How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Using Windows 8? by meshybizzo(m): 5:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hi Nairalanders,

Would like to hear your views on the new windows 8. What are you likes and dislikes?

And do you think windows 8 finally looks cooler than the Apple Macintosh?

Let's hear your view!

Re: Who Is Using Windows 8? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 13, 2013
Lool
I am also using Windows 8 for my HP...don't chat on Nl with it tho.
But, I love it.
Re: Who Is Using Windows 8? by ican2020: 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
Windows 8 is sweet.

The only set back that I see with windows 8 is you and I.

Humans hate change, we prefer to stick to what we are use to, rather than trying out new things.

Last year, I lost one of my windows 7 laptop and the need to replace it with a higher and a better pc became a big problem.
I was confused as which to pick between windows 8 and 7.
I researched extensively and at the end of the, I settled for windows 8, in spite of the greatest criticism that tread it.

One great feature that I find fascinating with my Toshiba Intel windows 8 is the 'Option to update or not'

Yes, you have the option to accept update when shutting down your pc as against windows 7 that will start automatic update without your consent, the updates that often makes me to put on my gen to stop the system form going bad.

Windows 8 is faster when booting and the interface is beautiful.

I hardly use my windows 7 this day.

You want a new pc, go for windows 8 and understanding how to use it is very very very easy.

As long as you can use windows 7, 8 will not be a problem.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Using Windows 8? by meshybizzo(m): 4:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Lool
I am also using Windows 8 for my HP...don't chat on Nl with it tho.
But, I love it.

Lol kool. Why don't you use it? To good for NL? Lool
Re: Who Is Using Windows 8? by meshybizzo(m): 5:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
ican2020: Windows 8 is sweet.

Humans hate change, we prefer to stick to what we are use to, rather than trying out new things.

Last year, I lost one of my windows 7 laptop and the need to replace it with a higher and a better pc became a big problem.
I researched extensively and at the end of the, I settled for windows 8, in spite of the greatest criticism that tread it.

One great feature that I find fascinating with my Toshiba Intel windows 8 is the 'Option to update or not'

Yes, you have the option to accept update when shutting down your pc as against windows 7 that will start automatic update without your consent, the updates that often makes me to put on my gen to stop the system form going bad.

You want a new pc, go for windows 8 and understanding how to use it is very very very easy.

Very true my brother. Mostly nigerians, it would take many of us a long time to get use to it. Still great interface, faster and more exciting. The best part...it makes windows 7 look so 2001 lol.
Re: Who Is Using Windows 8? by meshybizzo(m): 5:04pm On Aug 14, 2013
By the way if anybody needs to upgrade their pc to windows 8, I can help out smiley
Re: Who Is Using Windows 8? by jiggar(m): 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2013
meshybizzo: By the way if anybody needs to upgrade their pc to windows 8, I can help out smiley
how can you help, please indicate here for all of us to learn.
Re: Who Is Using Windows 8? by feminineA: 3:17am On Aug 15, 2013
ican2020: Windows 8 is sweet.

Do u use your windows 8 to browse via one of this proxy servers?? Eg wi-free?? Do u have problems connecting?
Re: Who Is Using Windows 8? by johnj7818(m): 12:16pm On Aug 16, 2013
meshybizzo: By the way if anybody needs to upgrade their pc to windows 8, I can help out smiley
my hp650 came pre installed with window 8single language, how can i get the product key for pro
Re: Who Is Using Windows 8? by meshybizzo(m): 6:33am On Aug 17, 2013
jiggar: how can you help, please indicate here for all of us to learn.

I meant if you would like to upgrade your windows OS from say windows 7 or less I can help. Have got the software and license key. But you do have 2 wet ground o hehe if you understand grin
Re: Who Is Using Windows 8? by meshybizzo(m): 9:23am On Aug 17, 2013
johnj7818: my hp650 came pre installed with window 8single language, how can i get the product key for pro

Ok. One way is to buy it hehe. I got one but I also don't give it out for free. But am sure if u do a little searching online you can find one wink

Once you get the product key follow the instructions on this page;

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/feature-packs

Hope it helps!
Re: Who Is Using Windows 8? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2013
The developers at Microsoft who decided leaving out the Start button in Windows 8 was a good idea should be dragged outside and shot; the start screen sucks!

But nuff respect to the good people at Pokki for keeping me sane with their Windows 8 Start menu hack. Muchas gracias!

http://www.techsuplex.com/2013/01/21/get-your-start-button-back-with-pokki-for-windows-8/
Re: Who Is Using Windows 8? by olak4gold(m): 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2013
meshybizzo:

Ok. One way is to buy it hehe. I got one but I also don't give it out for free. But am sure if u do a little searching online you can find one wink

Once you get the product key follow the instructions on this page;

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/feature-packs

Hope it helps!
. Bro pls hw much wud u give it out cos m also interested. I'm using hp650

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Software That Can Generate Real Email Addresses Of People / Wordpress Boot Camp March, 2015 / Wireless Black And White Laser Printer At Micostar Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.