Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala (44719 Views)

Ignore ASUU’s Demands, NASU, NAAT, SSANU Tell FG / ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike / FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Kaydem(m): 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2013
mctolspell: This is my question, why are the states universities on strike and in a union like ASUU undecided .. The students are paying for the services rendered at least to some extent ..I believe some schools should opt out...LAUTECH shey una dey hear ooo...
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by judedwriter(m): 11:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
Isn't it funny dat our president was 1ce a lecturer himself? Why all dis bohala! sad
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Ajpharm(m): 11:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
slim fit :
no body should blame Jonathan please. Blame the students period, they are very doom. Nigerian students should wait and stay at home the rest of the world will be waiting for you all. All what they think about is fashion and shayo no good reasoning. Work no work school no school thinking 0%
Who Is This I.diot?

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by nijanigga: 11:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
When Nigeria's oil start selling for $10/barrel, you will all wake up to chase looters out of office.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by MrMi6(m): 11:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
ASUU strike has become a normal routine act of politics in this country. Either yearly or once in two years interval. Within my 5yrs stay in the university, encountered ASUU strike 3X. None was any less or greater than 100days. ASUU and FG will not make haste to reaching agreemnt untill 1-2wks to 100days. My experience. Enquire from colleagues that have graduated.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
If i say "God Pu" u say "nish" and another say "Nigeria". Lols, what did u expect from a failed nation? Make una go siddon for house dey continue with una random masturbation jare! Remember, u might not get time again for masturbation when ASUU calls off strike. Pm me if u need vaseline!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Lamasta(m): 11:34pm On Aug 13, 2013
That is why our Universities are not rated, ASUU today Govt tomorrow in all its the STUDENTS that's always in the receiving end of all, a 5 Years course might take 6 to 7 years because of strikes.......
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Olumidzti(m): 11:36pm On Aug 13, 2013
Laalamed:
mind u okongo made her money in world bank. the truth is that ASUU demands are unreasonable. fg should deal with them. silly lecturers ,always sleeping with female students.
short memory.. & under obj

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by TGlobe: 11:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
allow the state to collect Petroleum Profits Tax instead of the federal govt. that is the solution. that way state can fund them.

you hand over all federal road to state.. this will free you off maintenance fee

hand over all airport to state. this is how to free you of problem.

this will do the trick.

http://wwwThisGlobe.com
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by 4Play(m): 11:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
Public sector salaries are relatively high in Nigeria, this partly explains why recurrent expenditure is so high. To spend more on infrastructure, we have to stop increasing recurrent expenditure - salaries, subsidies,e.t.c

It's very easy to get emotional about these things but the reality is that a salary increase benefits no one but the lecturers. There are tens of millions of Nigerians for whom the Govt has no impact, yet between politicians and public sector workers, 70% of Govt Govt expenditure goes to about less than 5% of the population. Massive salary increases that hikes the ratio of recurrent to capital expenditure is a path to penury.

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Maipride(f): 11:42pm On Aug 13, 2013
Sumtym in 2009,ASUU was on strike for lyk 3-4month... ℓ̊ pity nigeria students....

Students, make una go learn work O

Naigeria.... ℓ̊ hail thee.. cry
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Dubemkelly(m): 11:44pm On Aug 13, 2013
Heaps of confused fools...btw what's dat abt 92bn? Tot dey were lookin forth 4 #400bn n d FG released #100bn...the matter don dey twist legs. And den what r dey restructuring? As if dey goDdamn cared
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
ASUU should Know students pay fees by struggling parents and that education in Nigeria is very expensive and stressful. From all the school fees universities collect from students, only 10% goes to FG purse. Assu plz reason well with FG to resolve this issue on ground.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by dazzy4real(m): 11:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
Choi no hope for my country oo.. God pls make me d president I won't disappoint!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by omojaytee(m): 11:47pm On Aug 13, 2013
slap1: FG can't meet demands + ASUU won't shift grounds = 2014.

I've said it before, the best thing is for progressive-minded states to withdraw their schools from ASUU.
gbam!God bless u!!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by omenka(m): 11:59pm On Aug 13, 2013
slap1: FG can't meet demands + ASUU won't shift grounds = 2014.

I've said it before, the best thing is for progressive-minded states to withdraw their schools from ASUU.

That isn't gonna fix our comatose educational system.

* Our public schools arnt gonna be fixed as long as there isn't a law that forbids government officials and politicians from sending their wards to schools abroad and domestic private schools.

* Our hospitals arnt gonna be fixed as long as there isn't any lawthat pr
ohibits politicians and govt. officials jetting off to Germany and co to treat the slightest migraine.

* Our roads will remain in a perpertual state of disrepair as far as every governor and minister has made owning a private jet a priority.
(little wonder why the seem comitted to reforbishing the airports)

* Electricity 247 would remain a mirage as long as those Mikano generators keep pouring into the country

Hear the minister: “At present ASUU wants the government to pay N92 billion in extra allowances when resources are not there"

My questions are, where was Okonjo Iweala's voice when the Fed..:

1. Paid billions to a foreign firm to spy on her citizens.

2. Increased the culinary bill of the first family from 1bill to over 1.3bill

3. Paid trillions to phantom oil companies for importing billions of litres of products only on paper

4. Increased the presidential fleet from 3 to 7

5. Alocated over 900bill to ministry of defence when security has infact worsened

6. Paid glorified criminals billions in form of maritime and oil sector installations security contract when infact oil theft got worse and is at an all time high

7. Budgeted over 4billion to build a monument for the first lady just to grease her ego

8. Budgeted billions for needless expansion of the vice presidential quarters

9. Sit back folding their arms and watch the legislooters allocate themselves bogus salaries and allowances

10. Create all manner of official portfolios to be filled by cronies who waste no time in joining their comrades in the brazen looting of our common patrimony....

Etc.

Okonjo Iweala is a total disgrace!!
Can she honestly tell us how many PAs are under her payroll? Is the number justifyable?

Pay those lecturers their dues ASAP and stop peddling ur usual lies!!

I'm absolutely disgusted at the crop of leaders we have curently!! So fucking pathetic!

9 Likes

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 14, 2013
mctolspell:

Don't forget it will be a competitive market, as student will only go to the best schools, easy transfer of grades will be attainable,More investors for the good structured schools, university wants more student so as to keep finances intact, Good Profs. coming in and every body will smile home with the Govt. providing a strict regulations for those schools. Don't forget the nationwide scholarship program for the good students will still available. I can only dream sad
yes it will.. i think FG should follow this.. because i really don't know if the rest of the world still fund their universities but i sure do know that the give them grants
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by UyiIredia(m): 12:10am On Aug 14, 2013
How to balance between possible over-bearing demands and the need to rightly remunerate lecturers ? Tricky, but its apparent these lecturers have little on which to live. Never mind the extra egunje they get, in a country where the minimun wage is grossly inadequate for comfortable living I don't think the lecturer's pay would be fair (though I would like to be shown wrong). I think their demands are borne out of the rise in living costs (caused by the government) whilst I surmise their wages don't reflect a commensurate increase. I'm facing a similar problems and if 'em tenants like complain but seriously, no increase in the past 3 years is quite the luxury my school ain't given me.

2 Likes

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by xcllaxix(m): 12:14am On Aug 14, 2013
ANnoyin system!
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by striker9(m): 12:14am On Aug 14, 2013
I sorry for Nigeria,smh
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by slimfit1(m): 12:17am On Aug 14, 2013
Ajpharm: Who Is This I.diot?

Your father who is asking ?

Is what I'm saying affecting you?

Are you one of the sugar daddies ? If you are not move on I'm not chatting with you.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 14, 2013
omenka:

That isn't gonna fix our comatose educational system.

Hear the minister: “At present ASUU wants the government to pay N92 billion in extra allowances when resources are not there"

My questions are, where was Okonjo Iweala's voice when the Fed..:

1. Paid billions to a foreign firm to spy on her citizens.

2. Increased the culinary bill of the first family from 1bill to over 1.3bill

3. Paid trillions to phantom oil companies for importing billions of litres of products only on paper

4. Increased the presidential fleet from 3 to 7

5. Alocated over 900bill to ministry of defence when security has infact worsened

6. Paid glorified criminals billions in form of maritime and oil sector installations security contract when infact oil theft got worse and is at an all time high

7. Budgeted over 4billion to build a monument for the first lady just to grease her ego

8. Budgeted billions for needless expansion of the vice presidential quarters

9. Sit back folding their arms and watch the legislooters allocate themselves bogus salaries and allowances

10. Create all manner of official portfolios to be filled by cronies who waste no time in joining their comrades in the brazen looting of our common patrimony....

Etc.

Okonjo Iweala is a total disgrace!!
Can she honestly tell us how many PAs are under her payroll? Is the number justifyable?

Pay those lecturers their dues ASAP and stop peddling ur usual lies!!

I'm absolutely disgusted at the crop of leaders we have curently!! So fucking pathetic!

we all know Okonjo as always been supporting anti-people policies but from the onset, the university lecturers were fighting for infrastructural decay blah blah blah.. now i think FG have agreed to fulfill/give funding for that.. now the same lecturers want an increment in their salaries/wages.. don't you think if they get away with it, Doctors, Teachers and Civil servants would also go on strike to demand an increase in wages? the bottom line is, most of the monies Nigeria earns is used to pay the salaries of greedy politicians and political appointees and this is not good for the economy.. no one is asking about the IGR these universities generate, where does it goes to?

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by delors(m): 12:27am On Aug 14, 2013
Lecturers demanding crazy salaries yet they do practically nothing to helping these students. Even some students do more research thatn most of these lecturers. They care about nothing, they act like gods, tormenting students, preying on our girls like ravenous wolves...sell useless copy and paste handouts...blow grammars in class...SMH. Sometimes, i am temepted to wonder who is better off - Lecturers or politicians. Seems to me like birds of a feather flying in different directions. embarassed

Anyway, I hope both sides shift grounds and allow for concession...that's best the way forward.

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 14, 2013
If only FG wil say no work, no pay and ignore them for 6months and request 4 applications 4rm qualified citizens 2 take up lecturing jobs, ASUU wil cal off d strike. being a lecturer is diferent 4rm being a senator. Choose one!

2 Likes

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by slimfit1(m): 12:32am On Aug 14, 2013
This is a fact thou, she (iweala) can't always fall for the demand of ASUU every time, she has every right to educate her children wherever pleases her as a parent. It's now left to your parents to do the same to you all. Having said that, she is only doing her job, your anger should be directed to mr president and education minister.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by tomakint: 12:40am On Aug 14, 2013
demelza:
So up till now you still dey dull? Thank God your eyes don open
You sir deserve one crate of 'big 1759' grin
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Tstark(m): 12:42am On Aug 14, 2013
texazzpete: Abeg let the strike continue. The quality of submissions here from so-called students fills me with dismay. No sense in releasing this half-baked lot to the streets early.

Listening to these clowns, one would think

1. All lecturers drive around exotic cars
2. All lecturers sleep with their students
3. All lecturers sell handouts.

Instead of joining forces with your lecturers to fight to move away from the archaic infrastructure in your schools and to support reasonable wage increases that will attract bright, young talent to the University, you're busy spreading FUD.

Ex-millitants are being given N80bn without an eyelid being batted and the Govt is whining about 100bn for improving the varsities and lecturer staff welfare.

Thank you Sir! My thoughts exactly. Let them stay behind their blackberry's and Laptops lamenting instead of doing something about it. They want the government and lectures to do it all for them #socalledfutureoftomorrow
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 14, 2013
Na the students wey dey waste away zi pity for, Tomorrow, if you are not 24 you can't get an entry level job.
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by kokosheen(m): 1:06am On Aug 14, 2013
Unfortunately the system is being setup to churn out prostitutes, kidnappers, armed robbers and the like..

How can you be paying 65k for an assistant lecturer and you don't expect him/her to do something on the side...

If NOI is sincere, she should start the cutting of the recurrent expenditure from her cabinet>>>Damn it - They have two ministerial positions doing the same function (Fed. Minister and Minister of state) with their retinue of PAs, SAs, Assistant & Deputy PAs and SAs.

No scholarship endeavour, just pay and pass for the guys and back for ground for babes.....

By the way, what ASUU is requesting is for the FGN to implement a 2009 agreement signed by this same set of mofos... angry angry angry angry

And to think the RETARDEEN claims to have been a lecturer, SMH

1 Like

Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by manmustwac(m): 1:08am On Aug 14, 2013
So on top of all the doh lecturers charge for handouts they still want salary increase angry
Re: FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala by Malocity(m): 1:09am On Aug 14, 2013
Make them tax Mr. President, Senators, House of Reps, House of Assembly member, L.G.A, chairmen and councellors. This moni go cme out within 1week. Dats all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Federal Scholarship Board Of Nigeria 2016 Scholarship Awards / Please Help!!!!! What Is Maurid Polytechnic? / 10 Nigerians That Actually Have Two Heads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.