Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York (27660 Views)

M.I Abaga VS Kendrick Lamar / Who Is Best Rapper In Nigeria ? -- Yung 6ix Declares Himself Best Rapper / Forbidden Fruit | J. Cole (feat. Kendrick Lamar) {DOWNLOAD} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nomski0(f): 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2013
Hernadez99: Seun Banned Me embarassed!!
But I'm back now!! wink
Watsup wiv you babe?
I dey o.
Sorry bout your ban sha. Better beg oga Seun o.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2013
sushieater:
Sorry man, your comment was totally off point.. Those lines were some of the lines from Joell Ortiz's response to Kendrick's verse on control.. Before you call them trash, try and listen to Joell Ortiz's response

What are you saying. I am saying that the kind of rap Kendrick and Joell are spitting means nothing to me. Talking of pyramids, drunk pilots, rapping with stars don't appeal to me.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by otumfour(m): 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2013
ShymX:

When did Nas get murdered on a track by his bodyguard? Are you referring to "Oochie Wally?" Come on man, you and I know that isn't Nas' style of rap, he was just trying to go commercial with that one. Rapping about bytches and who.res ain't his thing.

However, Jay-Z got murdered his own track (Renegade) by Eminem!! grin grin grin grin grin

Bruv, do you want me to break "Ether" down for you again? - nah, I'll give you the sickest bars that made Jay-Z cry from that diss tune!

My child, I've watched you grow up to be famous
And now I smile like a proud dad, watching his only son that made it
You seem to be only concerned with dissing women
Were you abused as a child, scared to smile, they called you ugly?
Well life is hard, hug me, don't reject me
Or make records to disrespect me, blatent or indirectly
In '88 you was getting chased through your building
Calling my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers
All I did was gave you a style for you to run with
Smiling in my face, glad to break bread with the god
Wearing Jaz chains, no tecs, no cash, no cars
No jail bars Jigga, no pies, no case
Just Hawaiian shirts, hanging with little Chase
You a fan, a phony, a fake, a pussy, a Stan

Shy! did u have to disgrace jay like this?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin NAS is the real deal mahn grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
There was nothing Budden said as tight as Saigon saying Joe Budden's fans wrote his diss for him. Joe budden wrte his diss taking lines from his fans myspace comments. LOL. I give Saigon the win.
ShymX:

Bruv, he called everyone out - how about let them put their money where their mouth is and step-up?

Eminem isn't going to murk anyone, this isn't rapping about his sicko mother and using drugs, mate. Yes, Eminem is a great rapper with great syllables - but he defo doesn't want it with K.dot.

Joe Budden couldn't even murk The Game when they went at it. Ransom vs. Joe Budden was a draw and Saigon vs. Joe Budden was also a draw. Joe Budden only raps well when he's talking about emotional issues.

As for Joel Ortiz, he can put words together, but he defo. can't out-rap K.dot.

The challenge is out there for anyone who wants it.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by sushieater: 3:44pm On Aug 14, 2013
ShymX:

Yes, Eminem is a great rapper with great syllables - but he defo doesn't want it with K.dot.
Dude, that has got to be the funniest shid I heard on nairaland today.. Like seriously?.. Well, it's your opinion tho. so...

3 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by baslone: 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2013
Tintinix:

I am sure he is not on Drugs... He Like me could not relate to it...
I read this and I am like huh?!

Also we could as well not comment but then there is freedom to express ourselves!! Deal with it.

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2013
otumfour:

Shy! did u have to disgrace jay like this?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin NAS is the real deal mahn grin grin grin grin grin

Show me the hot diss there. Don't quote lyrics and say hot. I could as well copy Whitney Houston's lyyrics and call it the shit.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nomski0(f): 3:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
ShymX:

He was crowned the King of the West like two years ago by Snoop, Dr. Dre and The Game.

Trust me, non of the names you mentioned up there can get in the ring with K.Dot, except Nas. Not even Eminem. Citing Lil Wayne and Birdman shows you know nothing about rap music. You should have at least mentioned D'block (Jada and Styles P), Loso or Joel Ortiz - but none of them have got a chance against the kid. K.dot would rap circles around their squares, believe that.

Drake is a joke - 99.999% of his fans are women. So basically, he isn't even worth the mention. undecided
Seriously dude.....dont just compare Eminem with Kendrick. There's no basis for comparism

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
Who gets murdered by his bodyguard on his track? Eventhough it is a commercial track. That is a diss.
ShymX:

When did Nas get murdered on a track by his bodyguard? Are you referring to "Oochie Wally?" Come on man, you and I know that isn't Nas' style of rap, he was just trying to go commercial with that one. Rapping about bytches and who.res ain't his thing.

However, Jay-Z got murdered his own track (Renegade) by Eminem!! grin grin grin grin grin

Bruv, do you want me to break "Ether" down for you again? - nah, I'll give you the sickest bars that made Jay-Z cry from that diss tune!

My child, I've watched you grow up to be famous
And now I smile like a proud dad, watching his only son that made it
You seem to be only concerned with dissing women
Were you abused as a child, scared to smile, they called you ugly?
Well life is hard, hug me, don't reject me
Or make records to disrespect me, blatent or indirectly
You a fan, a phony, a fake, a pussy, a Stan
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by sushieater: 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

What are you saying. I am saying that the kind of rap Kendrick and Joell are spitting means nothing to me. Talking of pyramids, drunk pilots, rapping with stars don't appeal to me.
Ok, I dig.. Thought you were talking only about Joell Ortiz's response.. So, what appeals to you? Who do you listen to?
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by otumfour(m): 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Show me the hot diss there. Don't quote lyrics and say hot. I could as well copy Whitney Houston's lyyrics and call it the shit.

if u can put birdman's name amongst dop.e rappers, then u ain't worth my answer dude, period!

5 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by otumfour(m): 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2013
sushieater:
Ok, I dig.. Thought you were talking only about Joell Ortiz's response.. So, what appeals to you? Who do you listen to?

Guess, birdman rapping abt his new boxer shorts and grilled teeth are the things that appeal to him apparently

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Princeojua(m): 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
Kendrick Lamar is extremely good. Remember he perform at the 2013 edition of BET award... Sincerely speaking he is better and hotter than most of those nigga's he's giving sleepless night.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:59pm On Aug 14, 2013
sushieater:
I dig rap about hustling. T.I reaply rocks for me. As long as the lyrics don't go overboard.

Some lines I like are,

MY STREET MENTALITY FLIPS BRICKS FOREVER,
YOU SEE ME AND MONEY, ARE LIKE ARM COLD DEFENDERS....Jay-Z.

MONEY IS ONE HELL OF A MOTIVATION,
BUT IT CAN GET YOU IN SOME F***ED UP SITUTATION,
I LEARNT HOW TO FLIP THAT WHITE,
BUT THAT WHITE ALMOST GOT ME LIFE....2Pistols.

LORD FORGIVE ME,
I KNOW I MADE MISTAKES,
I WAS JUST TRYING TO MOVE MY MA,
INTO A BETTER PLACE......Rich Regardless.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: I am showing you disses and you are copying the whole lyrics. Point out the diss in the lyrics like Nas lying about owning a tech or creating his life in a pad. LOL.

How can you say Jay-Z talking about Nas not owning a tech is a diss when people like DJ Envy said Nas pulled a .45 on him in Queensbridge in 94/95? Have you seen what Jungle, Nas' brother looks like? Yeah, I'm talking about the same Jungle that robbed DipSet in Manhattan and shot one of them.

We all know Jay-Z stole Jaz-o's style and everything he rapped about in all his mafioso tune was the story of Brookly Don, Calvin Klein. Jay-Z never pushed weight the way he sad he did and he was a puzzy, and a raphead from Marcy Projects.

You a fan, a phony, a fake, a puzzy, a Stan

^^^Let me break down the lyrics for you. In '88, Jay-Z was a broke bum - and he was rapping about "Hawaiian Sophie" wearing Hawaiian shirts and hanging with lil chase, with his super fast flow. Then Nas dropped "iLLmatic." After that, Jay-Z switched his style up from the "Hawaiian Sophie" days and rapping super-fast, to sounding like Nas. Hence why Nas said he gave him a style. And we all know Jaz-O made Jay-Z!! undecided

7 Likes

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:01pm On Aug 14, 2013
otumfour:

if u can put birdman's name amongst dop.e rappers, then u ain't worth my answer dude, period!

Birdman ke, where did I call Birdman. Birdman is a king hustler. I really wish he could rap. Check back, I never wrote Birdie.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 14, 2013
Abeg make una no mention Lil wayne for this matter, all that nigga ever raps about is Bitche$, money, weed, codeine...
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2013
Hardy dude: Abeg make una no mention Lil wayne for this matter, all that nigga ever raps about is Bitche$, money, weed, codeine...

WHEN YOU SEE ME IN THE BLOCK,
I AIN'T TRYING TO HIDE,
I'M BLENDED IN THE HOOD,
I'M CAMOUFLAGE...Lil Wayne. Sick.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2013
This was Jay-Z's style and flow before Nas dropped iLLmatic. grin grin grin grin

We all know Jigga had to switch it up to be able to compete with the god from Queensbridge!! grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlgW_CBKfgQ
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by hunri(m): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2013
I concur!
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2013
Jungle is gangsta, Nas is Womanliness. How many Ni88as has to sleep with his baby ma to define a man Womanliness? Jay-Z hit his woman, Iverson did, Infra red did, and after Infra red was done with her, Nas sent a text message to Kelis begging her fo one more night.

By the way, that diss you highlightd is not close to the ones I put up or Nas using a FA.G model for his Karl Kani and Esco ads.
ShymX:

How can you say Jay-Z talking about Nas not owning a tech is a diss when people like DJ Envy said Nas pulled a .45 on him in Queensbridge in 94/95? Have you seen what Jungle, Nas' brother looks like? Yeah, I'm talking about the same Jungle that robbed DipSet in Manhattan and shot one of them.

We all know Jay-Z stole Jaz-o's style and everything he rapped about in all his mafioso tune was the story of Brookly Don, Calvin Klein. Jay-Z never pushed weight the way he sad he did and he was a puzzy, and a raphead from Marcy Projects.

You a fan, a phony, a fake, a puzzy, a Stan

^^^Let me break down the lyrics for you. In '88, Jay-Z was a broke bum - and he was rapping about "Hawaiian Sophie" wearing Hawaiian shirts and hanging with lil chase, with his super fast flow. Then Nas dropped "iLLmatic." After that, Jay-Z switched his style up from the "Hawaiian Sophie" days and rapping super-fast, to sounding like Nas. Hence why Nas said he gave him a style. And we all know Jaz-O made Jay-Z!! undecided
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by otumfour(m): 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2013
ShymX: This was Jay-Z's style and flow before Nas dropped iLLmatic. grin grin grin grin

We all know Jigga had to switch it up to be able to compete with the god from Queensbridge!! grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2013
ShymX: This was Jay-Z's style and flow before Nas dropped iLLmatic. grin grin grin grin

How can you compare Jay flipping rapping style to Nas creating his life on a pad or getting murdered by his bodyguard. LOL.

Back to Kendrick. I don't know any track of Kendrick I'll put over J. Cole's Who Dat.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by hunri(m): 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2013
Pweeeeeew!
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by dalynch(f): 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2013
hunri: I concur!
shocked shocked
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Jungle is gangsta, Nas is Womanliness. How many Ni88as has to sleep with his baby ma to define a man Womanliness? Jay-Z hit his woman, Iverson did, Infra red did, and after Infra red was done with her, Nas sent a text message to Kelis begging her fo one more night.

By the way, that diss you highlightd is not close to the ones I put up or Nas using a FA.G model for his Karl Kani and Esco ads.

Nas is puzzy, yet the same Jungle that Nas raised from a young age is gangster, nah? Nas is puzzy, yet all the nyggahs that hew used to roll with growing up were shooters, nah? Remember ill Will (R.I.P)? At least, Nas never rapped like he was a mafioso don by stealing everything The Supreme Team did and claiming it as his, like Jay-Z did with Brooklyn Don, Calvin Klein. Now tell me who the fraud is? Jay-Z NEVER moved weight like that - FACT!! He created his life on a pad, not Nas. Nas changed hiphop with "iLLmatic" and gave New York an anthem, with "New York State of Mind."

Who cares if everyone and their pops slept with his baby mum? Women are who.res and people sha.g.ging Carmen doesn't make him less of a man. Are you the only one phucking your girl? - if you think you're the only one, then I feel sorry for you. grin grin

As for the Karl Kani and Esco ads, aren't most models phaggots, anyway? What difference does it make? undecided

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
How can you compare Jay flipping rapping style to Nas creating his life on a pad or getting murdered by his bodyguard. LOL.

Back to Kendrick. I don't know any track of Kendrick I'll put over J. Cole's Who Dat.

"Who Dat" isn't even on Kendrick's "HiiiPower" level!! - ask J. Cole.

And J. Cole produced that tune for K.dot.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Austeenxx: 4:29pm On Aug 14, 2013
What y'all are saying ain't mean nothing to me. grin grin

You niggas should help me tell Gerardo Martino to stop his joke of not signing a new center-back. cheesy

ALL HAIL TDE. grin grin
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by sushieater: 4:29pm On Aug 14, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
I dig rap about hustling. T.I reaply rocks for me. As long as the lyrics don't go overboard.

Some lines I like are,

MY STREET MENTALITY FLIPS BRICKS FOREVER,
YOU SEE ME AND MONEY, ARE LIKE ARM COLD DEFENDERS....Jay-Z.

MONEY IS ONE HELL OF A MOTIVATION,
BUT IT CAN GET YOU IN SOME F***ED UP SITUTATION,
I LEARNT HOW TO FLIP THAT WHITE,
BUT THAT WHITE ALMOST GOT ME LIFE....2Pistols.

LORD FORGIVE ME,
I KNOW I MADE MISTAKES,
I WAS JUST TRYING TO MOVE MY MA,
INTO A BETTER PLACE......Rich Regardless.
Ayt man, though I don't really fukk with T.I or southern rappers that much.. The southern niggas I can relate to what they spit are Scarface and big krit, sometimes ludacris

1 Like

Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 14, 2013
Nomski0:
Seriously dude.....dont just compare Eminem with Kendrick. There's no basis for comparism

Bwahahahahaha

The same Eminem that only raps about his mother and drugs, nah?

Yeah, he's a great rapper with nice syllables but K.dot will murder him.

Eminem isn't even the best rapper from Detroit, Elzhi of Slum Village is far better than him.

Btw, I'm a big Eminem fan and his "Marshall Mathers" LP is definitely a classic.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by IAMBREEZY: 4:37pm On Aug 14, 2013
k dot is dope and lyrical i love is courage and motivation,i think this is the time HiPHOP will rise,no talking them b!tches,pusssies,blings or how many stuff u gat,nas wasn't wrong when he said hiphop is dead yeah,and i hope it's time to resurrect it,well done kendric i see ya.
Re: Kendrick Lamar Declares Himself King Of New York by Hernadez99: 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2013
Nomski0:
I dey o.
Sorry bout your ban sha. Better beg oga Seun o.
I be beg Bro Seun with PM!!! E nor gree reply ,Me vex do this rubbish www.nairaland.com/1390122/letter-nairalands-very-own-field Wen don land me for 2months Ban for my other 2 moniker together oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Your Thoughts On Our Radio Stations, Programs And Their OAPs. / Tiwa Savage Floors Danny Young In Copyright War As "One" Returns To Youtube / Lyrics: Onye Lyrics By Frank Edwards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.