Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,281 members, 7,780,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:23 PM

Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names (2384 Views)

Any Igbo That Moves From Oshodi To Buy Any Shop For 1 To 3 Million Is Cursed / Which Nigerian State Can You Say Was Cursed With Bad Leadership? / Obasanjo - Nigeria Is Cursed, Criticized Atiku, Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by soladollar(m): 10:08pm On Aug 13, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obsanjo has a strong message for us. Hear him:

“We had some people who were under 50years in leadership positions. One of them was James Ibori, where is he today? One of them was Alamieyeseigha, where is he today? Lucky Igbinedion, where is he today?
“The youngest was the Speaker, (Salisu) Buhari; you can still recall what happened to him. You said Bola Tinubu is your master. What Buhari did was not anything worse than what Bola Tinubu did.
“But in this part of the world some people covered up the other man. The man claimed he went to Government College, Ibadan but the governor (Oyo State) went to Government College and packed all the documents so that they would not know that he did not go there.
“I wanted someone who would succeed me so I took Atiku. Within a year, I started seeing the type of man Atiku is.
"And you want me to get him there?

“I once went to Tanzania because Julius Nyerere recognised Biafra. He told me not to mind his aides and others in government. They would say they have one house in town but their five year old sons and daughters would have houses all over.

“Some of you who are condemning the leadership would get there tomorrow and it will be a different story. Only very few are actually good.

“Abacha, my predecessor got $750m. Through our lawyer in Switzerland we recovered $1.25bn and the lawyer still said there is probably still another $1bn to be recovered. In 1979 we had 20 new ships specially built for Nigeria. When I came back 20 years after, the national shipping line had liquidated.

“The whole thing is not just about leadership. If we talk about good leadership you should also talk about good followers. If you talk about human right you should also talk about human duties and obligations.

“It is sad that after 53years of independence we have no leader that we can commend. The problem in Africa is that when one person takes over he would not see any good thing that his predecessor did. Let us condemn but with caution,”

We observed that Obasanjo said all these on Tuesday in Ibadan, while reviewing the history of Nigeria as a keynote speaker at the 4th Annual Ibadan Sustainable Development Summit by the Centre for Sustainable Development, University of Ibadan, and African Sustainable Development Network.

[url]We are expecting reactions from some of those he mentioned.[/url]

SOURCE: www.naijanewslive..com
Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by Lordmiracle(m): 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
Our great ex president oby whr are u today, u are mentioning names as if u whr different.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by Okimski(m): 10:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
Ok
Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by Yorubest: 10:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
This man is just always brutally frank

Unarguably the best president Nigeria ever had

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by nnanyereugo(m): 10:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
Pot calling kettle black
Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by Nobody: 10:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
He is honest in hs analysis - he didnt exclude himself. . . undecided
Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by owolabifunke14(f): 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
He mentioned Bola Tinubu's name,why? He didn't call IBB's name, why?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by baslone: 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
Ain't nothing more to add but......

REVOLUTION!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by kennybelle: 10:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
Gbogbo won lole
Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by samuelkaykay(m): 10:48pm On Aug 13, 2013
Good sermon from a fake saint.He should thank his God that yesterday was my birthday and i promised that i will not engage in e-war again ,otherwise i would have told OBJ that he crucified,murdered,imprisoned and raped this country.
Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by Kingspin(m): 10:51pm On Aug 13, 2013
That means no Nigerian leader is exempted including OBJ.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by stebell(m): 10:55pm On Aug 13, 2013
‎​M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ happiness is dat he did not mention de name of ‎​M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ oga @ de top Pres. GEJ. Feel de Fresh Air every where yu go.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by stebell(m): 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
‎​M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ happiness is dat he did not mention de name of ‎​M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ oga @ de top Pres. GEJ. Feel de Fresh Air every where yu go.
Btw, did i see Bola Tinubu and Buhari names there. I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ laff.
Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by ChrisOD: 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
You said Bola Tinubu is your master. What Buhari did was not anything worse than what Bola Tinubu did.
But in this part of the world some people covered up the other man. The man claimed he went to Government College, Ibadan but the governor (Oyo State) went to Government College and packed all the documents so that they would not know

Hm!!! This Tinubu guy na proper omo ole. From dug trafficking to certificate forgery and impersonation to financial fraud. Yet he is the Yoruba master.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by kufre2010: 11:02pm On Aug 13, 2013
He just heat the nail on the head, we will say Nigerian politician are corupt, Nigeria police are corrupt. But majority of these politicians are not the ones that were there in 1960 and these corrupt police officers are not the ones that were there in 1960. They come and go, it then the same corrupt Nigerian who still occupy that position. Before we critisize our leaders we should check hw corruption free we are in our present positions, leaders come from the society. If the general society is correct then there is a larger tendency for leaders to be corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by Maxymilliano(m): 11:29pm On Aug 13, 2013
soladollar:
“Some of you who are condemning the leadership would get there tomorrow and it will be a different story. Only very few are actually good.

Let us condemn but with caution,”

Gbawe, Garri et al una dey hear? grin grin grin

Those whose palm kernels were cracked for them by a benevolent spirit should
not forget to be humble, Obasanjo kept to the latter part by staying humble but the fact is that he could have done better by setting the economy on a part of sustainable development with his iron-like grip on virtually all organs and institutions of government.

But hey, Baba has spoken and this is a singular piece of truth that i have heard in the recent history of Nigeria. I commend him for mustering the courage to call a spade a spade, hope he practice what he preaches by condemning with caution.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by foslink(m): 11:31pm On Aug 13, 2013
E day like say d man mention my name ooo grin e don tah wen dem beat am e day lyk grin
Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by uglybugz: 12:35am On Aug 14, 2013
we lack quality leadership and that has been our bane. our elders are selfish and our youth are very vulnerable. as it stands, the future of this country is bleak, very bleak!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 14, 2013
Maxymilliano:
Gbawe, Garri et al una dey hear? grin grin grin

Those whose palm kernels were cracked for them by a benevolent spirit should
not forget to be humble, Obasanjo kept to the latter part by staying humble but the fact is that he could have done better by setting the economy on a part of sustainable development with his iron-like grip on virtually all organs and institutions of government.

But hey, Baba has spoken and this is a singular piece of truth that i have heard in the recent history of Nigeria. I commend him for mustering the courage to call a spade a spade, hope he practice what he preaches by condemning with caution.
Baba got us debt relief though, our foreign reserves also increased under him, the illegal excess crude oil account was quite much.. and finally Yar'adua and Gej came into power, they threw a very big party.. invited militants to come and chop and clean mouth i.e Asari, ateke tom, tompolo e.t.c, they spent the money and when Gej came into power, he spent the money for parties, wedding ceremonies, private jets e.t.c and when the Governors led by Amaechi saw that, they said Oga Jona, you can't be enjoying these monies alone now! excess crude oil account is illegal, there's no law in the constitution backing it! so give us our monies so that we can also throw parties as you use to in Aso-rock.. lobatan! an Amaechi became the enemy of state as orchestrated by the Nigeria news media and those enjoying the crumbs of bread monies falling to the ground from jona's dinning table.. smh Journalism in this country is something else

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by jackymfon: 1:04am On Aug 14, 2013
In this part of the world we are always quick to spiritualizes issues that border on human patriotism and responsibility. In South Africa we have a leader like Mandela who sacrificed personal gains for the good of the nation, and Abraham Lincoln, Margaret Thatcher etc. in other parts of the world.

In Calabar those days we were in school we were told that the town was jinxed and infested by witches that was why there was no development but in comes Donald Duke, who not only transforms Calabar but puts in on the map in Nigeria and around the world and transforms the whole town. What we need is quality leadership

In Nigerian failed leadership is seen as a curse and jinx because we have greedy and selfish leaders who delight to see the youths suffer without a concern or compassion. BOTTOM LINE, THINGS MUST CHANGE IN 2015 WE MUST VOTE TRIED TESTED AND PROVEN LEADERS ENOUGH OF SENTIMENTS WE NEED CHANGE AND WE NEED IT NOW!
Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by bimbos3xy(f): 2:21am On Aug 14, 2013
I think baba is right on this one.
Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by YoshiMaster: 3:01am On Aug 14, 2013
Vote for me Nigeria!

I promise not to steal anything, my joy would be watching the country develop piece by piece, and at an alarmingly fast pace.
Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by brownlord: 4:26am On Aug 14, 2013
samuelkaykay: Good sermon from a fake saint.He should thank his God that yesterday was my birthday and i promised that i will not engage in e-war again ,otherwise i would have told OBJ that he crucified,murdered,imprisoned and raped this country.

So obansanjo will come to NL to read your poo? my friend only me and you will read and insult each other over what ever you think you want to say about him or our leaders, that why i love NL, na here our power reach, you can even slap him from here,
Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by bismarck: 7:45am On Aug 14, 2013
What Obasanjo is saying is nothing new... and he should also take part of the blame for electoral process that produced the likes of Ibori, Alams and Salisu Buhari in the first place!
Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by dridowu: 7:52am On Aug 14, 2013
Obj, i gbadun am, he go talk he own, weda u like am or not, he no dy look face. Twale baba
Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by kenbee(f): 8:12am On Aug 14, 2013
mostly PDPs
Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by Nobody: 8:41am On Aug 14, 2013
OBJ is a master confusionist and contortionist...engaging in name dropping about Tinubu and Buhari

He claimed Tinubu said he went to GCI but they could not conclude investigation about that claim cos someone(Former Gov of Oyo-a man now deceased and who can't defend himself) went and tamper with evidence(a very grievous criminal act). So I asked since he turned himself into a judge and assumed that it was Lam Adesina who went to destroy such evidence he believed was there to prove Tinubu did not attend GCI So by 2003 when all the AD govs lost their immunity and elections,WHY didn't OBJ go ahead and conclude the investigation of fishing for dirt abt Tinubu....only to wait for 10years now to come n tell us rubbish using his personality as a newsmaker and opinion moulder to spuriously allege people

I thought he was gonna talk about Billions he knew Tinubu stole when EFCC almost made LASG secretariat their home back in the days all in the bid to fish for incriminating evidence to nail Tinubu

If the silly gossip of OBJ about Tinubu is about whether he went to a secondary school he himself could not prove he went or did not go to due to 'loss' of material evidence...then OBJ should shut his mouth!

Again he engaged in bifurcation,obtuse talk and deliberate misinfornation about Buhari....again I asked what and what did Buhari doooooo?? He just mumbled and twisted statement to finger our brains knowing fully well some gullible people will go into delirium once Tinubu or Buhari's names are mentioned....again I ask what have u uncovered about Buhari 29yrs after that we don't already know

He was there for 8yrs and could not nail Buhari-a man he himself switched his allegiance to months before the 2011 election,infact he suggested that Buhari drops Bakare and pick Ngozi Okonjo Iweala as VP when he sensed Buhari might win

Its only a rigid mind that will not see that OBJ is trying to discredit APC and its leaders to agains soften the ground for the PDP

I am not swayed by all OBJ's theatrics...Tell us in bullets points that

(1) you discovered Tinubu stole Bleep amount of Billions when he was there,even if he says that I will ask why ddint u prosecute him

(2) You discovered Buhari stole money as Head of State and/or also at PTF-again I will ask why didn't u prosecute him
Re: Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names by xykms101: 8:49am On Aug 14, 2013
Now you know old fool.

...Eedris abdulkareem sang 9ja jagajaga, you and your miserable govt sent him to an exile...infact i dont know why this barbarian stil have breath with him.

...i'll always wish this baboon a merciless and unfavourable death.

(1) (Reply)

APGA GUBER Primaries- Delegates are still voting. / The Islamist World Order -femi Fani-kayode / In Picture: Oshiomhole Welcomes Jonathan For PDP Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.