Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:33 PM

*Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* (56164 Views)

Angry Nigerian Rants On Facebook About Homework Given 2 Her 5-yr-old Niece(pic) / Help! Have You Seen This Doctor? Pictured / 23yr Old Barren Woman Steals 5-yr-old Boy In Rivers (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by Thundeh(m): 6:02pm On Aug 29, 2013
May God in his infinite mercy grant her freedom wherever she is at the moment IJN(Amen)

1 Like

Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by onenaijamom: 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2013
Praying earnestly for Oluwaseun's safe return. It is well with the Ogungbemile family.

1 Like

Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by delpee(f): 10:54pm On Aug 29, 2013
May God keep her safe till she returns home in Jesus name. I pray for strength and strong faith for the family.
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by Natasha2(f): 7:39am On Aug 30, 2013
Ola one:
You this girl abeg leave me jare. Oni wahala omo.

Let's meet in Romance section. wink

This place is for that poor girl abeg.
True
@thread sorry for derailing.
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by Plutarch: 12:54pm On Aug 30, 2013
If prayers can find this innocent child then i wonder why pastors continue to deceive people and arm twisting them of their money. Do prayers work? undecided. People should get pragmatic

1 Like

Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by HezronLorraine(m): 2:30pm On Aug 30, 2013
funnyx:

Typical Nigerian! If you want to pray you no sabi God's name? Using phrases like God of Adeboye etc is wrong just call God by his name, He is the God of every living and non living, God of the whole universe.
remember Elisha's prayer at Jordan,he called on the God of his master-Elijah and there was a miracle.these men are God's instrument on earth.invoking their name carries the same unction as their presence.

1 Like

Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by bknight: 7:14am On Aug 31, 2013

This is how people expose their stupidity. Instead of pretending or trying to be Mr.KnowAll -why not simply ask if this is the first time this post is appearing on the FP or even if you show ignorance by saying why is it now just on FP-stop short of passing judgement. Rather-you assume to know all and start saying nonsense.

This is one of the few-if not the first articles that has appeared more than once on FP-even hot political articles havnt achieved this feat!

People keep perishing for lack of knowledge.

Its your shame that needs to be hidden.

Do well to note If...then...
bknight: If since 14th of august this thread on a search for a little girl just got to frontpage on d 29th then Nairaland may not really be worth my hype afterall...

This
sloo1:
my brother this post has been on the front page before now, this is the second time this post is appearing on the front page perhaps because the girl has not been found... Thanks
is...

Acknowledged. cool
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by Olaone1: 9:13am On Aug 31, 2013
Natasha,,:

True
@thread sorry for derailing.
Tasha baby. wink

Was in Romance yesterday but you went AWOL
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by bfmconcepts: 11:19am On Sep 02, 2013
Has she been found?
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by soreola(f): 1:49am On Sep 04, 2013
Not yet ... very soon by God's grace
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by Pataki: 8:19am On Sep 05, 2013
Any news yet about this girl?

What steps has the whole redeem family taken in this case?
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by funnyx(m): 8:57am On Sep 05, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: remember Elisha's prayer at Jordan,he called on the God of his master-Elijah and there was a miracle.these men are God's instrument on earth.invoking their name carries the same unction as their presence.

Why don't you go back to the time of Elijah/Elisha, making of burnt offerings, avoid eating or touching several 'unclean' stuffs, being stoned to death for committing adultery/fornication, etc.

Back to the topic, I pray and hope that this child is found and also pray that God will strengthen her parents especially at this difficult time.
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by ifyalways(f): 9:48am On Sep 05, 2013
While offering prayers and all what not,can the OP please shed more light as to how the girl disappeared?
Where,which part of the camp was she seen last and when? I was at that camp to see my mom and the crowd is frightening. There is a small village/locality beside the arena gate,did you guys spread her posters around there and even at strategic places within the camp?

1 Like

Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by DBestDoc(f): 10:49am On Sep 05, 2013
ifyalways: While offering prayers and all what not,can the OP please shed more light as to how the girl disappeared?
Where,which part of the camp was she seen last and when? I was at that camp to see my mom and the crowd is frightening. There is a small village/locality beside the arena gate,did you guys spread her posters around there and even at strategic places within the camp?

Wow!@ Ify.
Nice to see you your handle again,its been a while.
Sure you are good.
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by Pataki: 7:59am On Sep 09, 2013
Where is the OP? Any news thus far about the disappearance of this girl?

Why is the Redeem Church still silent on this matter?

Are Nigerians still hypocritically praying over this case?
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by Pukkah: 8:54am On Sep 09, 2013
Pataki: Where is the OP? Any news thus far about the disappearance of this girl?

Why is the Redeem Church still silent on this matter?

Are Nigerians still hypocritically praying over this case?

Trust them to have shouted and screamed to high heavens if the poor girl had been found. The OP has been active on Nairaland.

They are keeping mute because she is still missing. The 5-year old kid has been missing for one month.

Hypocrisy is the second name of the dogmatically religious Nigerian people.

The parents were careless and negligent by taking such a young girl, together with other kids, to such a rowdy and unwieldy occasion. What checks did the church put in place to prevent missing kids?

Rather than do what makes sense, the church and the parents expected God to cover their unpardonable negligence. It is the same way that our leaders reason.

In some countries, the parents would even be quizzed for such negligence because the kid was left unwatched within the period. So many things are left to chance in Nigeria.
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by Pataki: 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pukkah:

Trust them to have shouted and screamed to high heavens if the poor girl had been found. The OP has been active on Nairaland.

They are keeping mute because she is still missing. The 5-year old kid has been missing for one month.

Hypocrisy is the second name of the dogmatically religious Nigerian people.

The parents were careless and negligent by taking such a young girl, together with other kids, to such a rowdy and unwieldy occasion. What checks did the church put in place to prevent missing kids?

Rather than do what makes sense, the church and the parents expected God to cover their unpardonable negligence. It is the same way that our leaders reason.

In some countries, the parents would even be quizzed for such negligence because the kid was left unwatched within the period. So many things are left to chance in Nigeria.
I have taken it upon myself to constantly revive this thread. The missing girl - Oluwaseun could have been someone we all know.

I am angry in my spirit man that Nigerians trooped here and were showering prayers for a missing child, when probably there were clues scattered all over the Redeem Holy Ground for days! The church has continued to play the silence treatment. I am rather angry in my spirit man that are there no more genuine prophets in the land - true shepherds who know and understand the ministry they have been called unto?

I am angry to the hypocritical level Nigeria - Nigerians have sunk into. We have accepted our fate that nothing works in this country, hence our cries should be to God.

What has all the prayers proffered on this thread brought so far in the case of missing Oluwaseun?! Even the OP is nowhere to be found here after quoting scriptures on this thread. She is busy in the religion section chasing Nairaland bible quiz award. Do we have any form of sanity in this nation?

This country is a sick nation. The so-called church leaders are utterly sick selfish wicked people!

As long as I have breath in me, I will not let this thread die. The church and the family must show responsibility in this matter.
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by bebe2(f): 12:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
hmmmmm, i hope is found alive,

her parents deserve every heartache they are going thru now,
pple are so careless with their kids in dat country.

went to see my aunty a few weeks ago when i was in nigeria, asked after her little 5 yr old girl, '' she don go camp o'' came the reply. the same pikin wey she use 12yr look for after marriage.

who is responsible for the upkeep of that child at that moment.
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by Olaone1: 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pataki: Even the OP is nowhere to be found here after quoting scriptures on this thread. She is busy in the religion section chasing Nairaland bible quiz award.

I don laff tire grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by Pataki: 12:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
bebe2: hmmmmm, i hope is found alive,

her parents deserve every heartache they are going thru now,
pple are so careless with their kids in dat country.

went to see my aunty a few weeks ago when i was in nigeria, asked after her little 5 yr old girl, '' she don go camp o'' came the reply. the same pikin wey she use 12yr look for after marriage.

who is responsible for the upkeep of that child at that moment.
A lot of people in Nigeria need mental - psychiatric evaluation. Why would any sane mother leave her 5yr old child in a camp
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by Pukkah: 1:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
soreola: Not yet ... very soon by God's grace

What is being done to find her 'very soon'?
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by soulglo: 3:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pataki:
I have taken it upon myself to constantly revive this thread. The missing girl - Oluwaseun could have been someone we all know.

I am angry in my spirit man that Nigerians trooped here and were showering prayers for a missing child, when probably there were clues scattered all over the Redeem Holy Ground for days! The church has continued to play the silence treatment. I am rather angry in my spirit man that are there no more genuine prophets in the land - true shepherds who know and understand the ministry they have been called unto?

I am angry to the hypocritical level Nigeria - Nigerians have sunk into. We have accepted our fate that nothing works in this country, hence our cries should be to God.

What has all the prayers proffered on this thread brought so far in the case of missing Oluwaseun?! Even the OP is nowhere to be found here after quoting scriptures on this thread. She is busy in the religion section chasing Nairaland bible quiz award. Do we have any form of sanity in this nation?

This country is a sick nation. The so-called church leaders are utterly sick selfish wicked people!

As long as I have breath in me, I will not let this thread die. The church and the family must show responsibility in this matter.

I agree. As powerful as RCCG is they could pay for a 2 minute announcement on TV with the General Overseer. As rabid as Nigerians get over their GO's they will take it seriously. Someone will see this child and come forward. It makes me sad that the church has decided that they should not help out in this way.

1 Like

Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by soreola(f): 2:04am On Sep 10, 2013
Pls let's not say something if we dont have evidence to back it. OP is still here, thank you very much. I check this thread as often as I can to see if any informative comment has been made. I update this thread whenever I get new info or to try and bump it up. There is only so much that I can do. I am not interested whatsoever in arguing or quarreling with anyone, pls.

@ify... excuse the lack of a reply, I asked my friend and the information she provided was extremely vague. she said she'll get back to me once she gets more info...

I've asked many of the same questions you all have but we dont all know the actual circumstances surrounding the situation. Once again, if anyone knows anything, has a feasible alternative, or has resources/connections that culd help, pls share.

Thank you all for your efforts over this child. When you've done all you can and cant think of anything else, what do you do? Pray! God can do all things and I pray He will use this situation to draw all closer to Him and surprise all in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by armyofone(m): 2:20am On Sep 10, 2013
my question is: as big as their RCCG is, they don't have child care or children ministry for worshippers? then why should people go there?
if you have a child, having a place for your kids should be the top reason to select/go to a particular church.
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by tsmith(f): 12:33pm On Sep 10, 2013
Pataki:

You think you are angry? i started an online petition with exract below and even called the telephone numbers listed, (i believe it was answered by the mom) but the lackdasical 'she would be found in Jesus name' and refusal to state the RCCGs input so far just killed it for me. At the end of the day, you only help does who want to be helped, if the loss of their child can't open their eyes, what can? in the same vain, the ignoramus displayed by OP and earlier posters, not realising that the 1st few days were most crucial to finding a missing person, as every media should be utilised to the fullest.

I am sad and broken, the country is a joke, and as much as i can say I'm not in the midst of the joke, i can't ignore that fact that the joke is on every single one of us, we need a total re-engineering of the mind. I rest my case, just for a lil while!

Background: Any parent’s worst nightmare is for your little one to be missing; 5years old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile went missing since Friday 9th of August 2013 on the Redemption Camp ground where she and her family were attending the 61st Holy Ghost Convention. This is an unfortunate event which took place in a ‘fortunate’ place as a any normal person would expect the backing of the Church to utilise the vast resources at it’s disposal to ensure this girl if found. But, contrary to expectations, the Church has tried to keep the missing girl’s case away from the public glare. PunchNgr “:….it was not the wish of the church that the news of the abduction be leaked to members of the public.”
The Redeem Christian Church of God is one of the biggest churches in Africa; with over 2000 parishes in Nigeria, presence in over 40 countries and approximately 5 million members all over the world. The head of the Church; Pastor E.A Adeboye has a very active website and Facebook page with over 1.1 million followers, the Church also has Television & Radio stations that is broadcasted around the World. However despite the wide coverage, missing Oluwaseun’s case has not been aired on any of these, the Church would rather work out of the public glare in hand with the Police & girl’s family.
The Redeem Christian Church of God is based on Christian doctrines and the bible. As such it is only relevant to refer to the following bible verses and a reminder of one of my favourite stories as told by Jesus Christ himself:
Philippians 2:4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Proverbs 21:13 Whoever closes his ear to the cry of the poor will himself call out and not be answered.
1 John 3:17-18 But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.
1 Timothy 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
Luke 15:3-8(NIV)
The Parable of the Lost Sheep
3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn’t he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5 And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbours together and says, ‘Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
Charity the say, begins at home

This is not a finger pointing exercise or avenue for religious bashing, rather a plea for help, to allow compassion prevail above all other things. Also another opportunity to showcase what true discipleship is as we walk in God’s path.

Petition: We the undersigned implore the Redeem Christian Church of God to help and support the search for Oluwaseun Ogungbemile, so that she can be re-united with distressed family. 5 years old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile went missing from the Redemption Ground just before noon on Friday 9th of August 2013 during the 61st Holy Ghost Convention.
To broadcast and air the missing girl’s case to all and sundry utilising as many of the communication media at the Church’s disposal.
To showcase the World what true Christianity is

5 Likes

Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by biolabee(m): 12:37pm On Sep 10, 2013
good job tsmith
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by Pukkah: 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2013
biolabee: good job tsmith

The lady has struck a good balance betwen 'faith' and 'works'. Unfortunately, most of the people she's talking to are too dogmatic beyond recall.

I believe in God but I also believe that man must struggle and reason. How many of those firebrand/miracle working pastors travel without applying for visas, move about in crowded areas without guards, or go to bed in houses without burglar proofs or gates? They all 'work' but brainwash their members to stop thinking! How sad?

It's going to 2 months and the child is still missing. What decisive actions has the RCCG, on whose grounds the sad incident happened, taken to support the search and aid her recovery?

We ask again, where is Seun?
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by ifyalways(f): 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2013
Pukkah:

The lady has struck a good balance betwen 'faith' and 'works'. Unfortunately, most of the people she's talking to are too dogmatic beyond recall.

I believe in God but I also believe that man must struggle and reason. How many of those firebrand/miracle working pastors travel without applying for visas, move about in crowded areas without guards, or go to bed in houses without burglar proofs or gates? They all 'work' but brainwash their members to stop thinking! How sad?

It's going to 2 months and the child is still missing. What decisive actions has the RCCG, on whose grounds the sad incident happened, taken to support the search and aid her recovery?

We ask again, where is Seun?
I guess the church,OP and even the parents have moved on and left it for God,He knows the best. angry

I wonder how the church,members and general public would have reacted if one of daddy GO's shoes got missing during the convention . . .
Hmmmn

1 Like

Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by Osama10(m): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2013
Its a pity she's gone.
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by pickabeau1: 7:44pm On Sep 19, 2013
ifyalways:
I guess the church,OP and even the parents have moved on and left it for God,He knows the best. angry

I wonder how the church,members and general public would have reacted if one of daddy GO's shoes got missing during the convention . . .
Hmmmn

U are deliciously wicked... lol
Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by onenaijamom: 12:10pm On Sep 23, 2013
I couldn't believe that RCCG could hold the next monthly service this September on that same ground Oluwaseun got missing as if nothing happened. When I asked a member of the chuch about the missing girl her response showed that most of them don't even remember anything like that ever happened so sad. Not that their services shouldn't go on, but we need to see efforts being made to find the girl.

1 Like

Re: *Have You Seen 5-yr-old Oluwaseun Ogungbemile* by nora544: 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2013
onenaijamom: I couldn't believe that RCCG could hold the next monthly service this September on that same ground Oluwaseun got missing as if nothing happened. When I asked a member of the chuch about the missing girl her response showed that most of them don't even remember anything like that ever happened so sad. Not that their services shouldn't go on, but we need to see efforts being made to find the girl.

I know from a high member of this church that the church didnot want that there followers knows about it. Pastor Adeboye knows about the missing child but he don't want that newspapers write something about it. That show me how selfish this so called great man of god is.
His heart is a heart from a stone and he see only the money, he is not a real christian, because all he want is that he could build the biggest church in the world. He is the angel of the light.

I know one word from him in the newspapers that would give so much to the parents.

But why he make nothing, because all his prophecy are fake, and all his miracles are fake.

I know he was in New york, for a service and they book him a hotel but it was not good for him he want to sleep in the best hotel from new york, he has his own cook with him and he don't tell how much people will come together with him to New York, he wast money and he has lost the feeling for his poor followers in nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Parents Crying At The Double Wedding Of Their Twin Daughters In Lagos (Photos) / "My Husband Employed Imam To Have Sex With Me For 3 Days" – Wife / See The Kind Of Picture A Guy Took With His Mom (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.