Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype (26984 Views)

Prototype Of A Made-in-nigeria Excavator (pictures) / An SS3 Student Build A Prototype Of Bulldozer And A Dump Truck. / Nigerian Teenager Design Helicopter Prototype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by draogtech: 7:16am On Aug 14, 2013
Two 500-level students of the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Ilorin, Ali David and Patrick Effiong, have constructed an aircraft prototype.

The duo told journalists in Ilorin that they had nurtured the passion to construct the aircraft when they were in 100 level, adding that it was now their final year project.

Mr. David noted that many of his colleagues were skeptical when they first broached the subject, adding that they were not deterred by the challenges they faced.

“What we are actually working on is a machine that will lift up itself through the law of aerodynamics and having an engine, a propeller and the fuselage,” he added.

Mr. Effiong, on his part, said: “With some of our lecturers backing us, we were motivated; we decided that we can carry out the construction.

“Ali brought the idea to me that he had the dream of constructing an aircraft, but I didn’t really buy the idea then and I thought he had forgotten about it.

“So when we got to 400 level, he raised the idea again.’’

Also speaking with newsmen, the project supervisor, Tajudeen Ajiboye, said the students had demonstrated a high level of intellectualism inspite of the challenges they faced.

Mr. Ajiboye, who said the students were faced with the problems of materials and manpower at the initial stage, commended them for their tenacity to accomplish the project.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/142696-two-unilorin-students-construct-aircraft-prototype.html

2 Likes

Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:11pm On Aug 14, 2013
picture?

P.S. First to comment. ALl my thanx go to The Gods of the Universe (Lord SHango [Yoruba], Lord Amadioha [Igbo], Lord High Sa'rkin Isoki [Hausa], etc.).
may we see the end of christian and islam upon this sacred land of our blessed forefathers.

Long live Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by ghettodreamz(m): 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
Where aworan?

1 Like

Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by miz4oxley(m): 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
Great! 1st to comment
Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by valdubem(m): 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
Picshures plssss

2 Likes

Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by omanifrank(m): 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
where picture oo
Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by homesteady(m): 4:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
I hope that Mr. Ajiboye will not start claiming that he was the brainbox behind the project when it comes out successful!!
Because all this Nigerian lecturers can be very wicked and dubious! Stealing their students projects and claiming it's theirs

3 Likes

Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by Standing5(m): 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2013
Good
Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2013
.The fact that they once nurtured the idea and someday acted to transform this idea into reality is an evidence that they are no mere daydreamers. Kudos to them and to Unilorin too.

I stil maintain that Unilorin will always be among the best three universities in Nigeria, anytime and in respect to anything.

7 Likes

Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 14, 2013
Show us the picture. Seeing is believing.

1 Like

Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by Okijajuju1(m): 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
I cant wait to see this ... grin
Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by frederick106(m): 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
#chanting# we need pictures pls. sha if dis is true, kudos to the makers... i rest my case
Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by Intrepid1(m): 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
Front page with only 59 views... Hmmm...
Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by Rastamann: 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
Good job but we need to see the pictures make e no be molue dem construct come dey call aircraft!
Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by ifyfaith: 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
great. this is so inspiring
Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by webincomeplus(m): 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
Most of us came here for the pics. Why are there no pics now?

1 Like

Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by BrightCar: 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
ENOUGH OF ALL THESE SHADOW SHOW. WE DON HEAR AM TIRE!
Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by ghettodreamz(m): 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
miz4oxley: Great! 1st to comment

For your mind

If I land you hard knock for head shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2013
Reinventing the wheel. That's what we do best.

3 Likes

Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by aryzgreat: 4:15pm On Aug 14, 2013
mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by fingard02k(m): 4:16pm On Aug 14, 2013
aircraft or witchcraft
Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by Rapmaestro(m): 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
picture?

P.S. First to comment. ALl my thanx go to The Gods of the Universe (Lord SHango, Lord Amadioha, Lord High Sa'rkin Isoki, etc.).
may we see the end of christian and islam upon this sacred land of our blessed forefathers.
smh 4 u o
Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by JOEizu: 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2013
Am purting to Airtel nw nw. !!
Was supposed to be 1st to comment

Imagin

So Angry hia
Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by HezronLorraine(m): 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
picture?

P.S. First to comment. ALl my thanx go to The Gods of the Universe (Lord SHango, Lord Amadioha, Lord High Sa'rkin Isoki, etc.).
hey pagan.I got no problem with you practicing your religion.
I have a problem with you wanting to clear out xtianity and islam.if these two were to go by their believes,you stand no chance alive.can't we just have a society where christians,muslims,atheists,pagans all live together without one imposing its own doctrines on the other.

@topic,they'll get there.

2 Likes

Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by homesteady(m): 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
picture?

P.S. First to comment. ALl my thanx go to The Gods of the Universe (Lord SHango, Lord Amadioha, Lord High Sa'rkin Isoki, etc.)
Ahh this is serious oh!! Even pagan 9ja dey do 1st to comment! grin
PAGAN 9JA: may we see the end of christian and islam upon this sacred land of our blessed forefathers.

May we also see the end of you!

1 Like

Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by Rapmaestro(m): 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
Okija_juju:

AND NO PICS...

Thats the power of a useless Yoruba related News. But If this thread had read Igbo men build Africas first Spaceship and travel to Pluto with Pictures and videos of it, it will not see the FP.. angry
stupid tribalist

11 Likes

Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2013

The Physics students in my school built a helicopter. So what?
Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by koolet: 4:21pm On Aug 14, 2013
Shey Na talk dm dey use construct prototype Owk ooo BREAKING NEWS!!! 2 eksu student recently constructed a submarine Prototype... Wow xo amazing..... Pix?? Nt necessary cool

1 Like

Re: Two Unilorin Students Construct Aircraft Prototype by free2ryhme: 4:21pm On Aug 14, 2013
show d pisure den i go believe .

oyinbo sef dey show pisure undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Teens Shine At The Global Robot Olympics (Photos) / Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. / 5 Inventions By Kids.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.