Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira (13018 Views)

Nairaland Ads: 2nd Banner Design Contest / Mini Graphic Design Contest (A "proudly Nigeria(n) design) / Web Banner Design Contest (154x95 Pixel Format) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by OxygenBroadBand: 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2013
ABOUT US

Oxygen Broadband Networks Nigeria’s leading Wi-Fi pioneer is getting ready to set up more hotspots location. The Wi-Fi company founded by Nigerian Entrepreneur Wande Adalemo recently signed up Chicken Republic and a couple of other very cool locations in Lagos on their Network. Oxygen caught the attention of the tech community with its audacious move in the Wi-Fi space and has blazed the trail in providing high speed internet access across several locations in Lagos. It recently won the award for the Wi-Fi Company of the year and is set to win a lot more awards as it provides high-speed access in thousands of hotspots in Nigeria.
With the anticipated launch of additional 20 hotspots in September Oxygen is creating an exciting competition with some cool prize money for our brothers and sisters in Graphic design clan.

THE COMPETITION

The final design should be based on these information:
• What will you like to see announcing that you are now at an oxygen hotspot?
• How will you like to see Oxygen displayed at a hotspot?
• Eye catching design that signifies presence of WiFi.

Create a graphic design that Oxygen will use at each of the hotspots and win a sum of N50,000 in cash prizes from Oxygen.

ALL DESIGNS SENT IN BECOMES PROPERTY OF OXYGEN BROADBAND NETWORKS.

See Logo below for use:

All entries should be sent to submit@oxygen.net.ng on or before 25th of August 2013 with YOUR NAME and PHONE NUMBER(s)

Terms and conditions apply.

Ask any questions and we are willing to clarify. All the Best
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
Smart business move..

Rather than pay one experienced professional graphic designer N30,000 - N50,000 for a responsive design..

You choose to make it a competition such that you'll get over 50 designs shocked (as against the 1 you'll get from 1 designer). And then one out of the many designers will go home with N50K..

Goodluck Oxygen!

and pls prepare your mind to receive funny designs...
cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by kombo(m): 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2013
Correct.... !!! Front Page Tinz...

1 Like

Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by OKX(m): 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2013
no offense, but because of credibility issues i think submissions should also b sent here or on a public forum so theres a credible trail and lots of witnesses to d process- just to reassure d artist.

i wouldnt send a design to a private addy wit no proof of receipt...no protection...deniability.
but dats just me.

unless d site generates some sort of electronic acknowledgement wit a sample of d design.

Besides it generates visibility/contacts for d artist if its in public view

6 Likes

Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by spywareczar(m): 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
Hmmm crowd sourcing

1 Like

Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by spywareczar(m): 9:15pm On Aug 14, 2013
Ok then, my entry

3 Likes

Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by wandyvirus(m): 8:45am On Aug 15, 2013
FRONT PAGE PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 15, 2013
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 15, 2013
OP, is nowhere to be found.
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by OxygenBroadBand: 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
acidosis™:
OP, is nowhere to be found.

Hello.
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by OxygenBroadBand: 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
OKX: no offense, but because of credibility issues i think submissions should also b sent here or on a public forum so theres a credible trail and lots of witnesses to d process- just to reassure d artist.

i wouldnt send a design to a private addy wit no proof of receipt...no protection...deniability.
but dats just me.

unless d site generates some sort of electronic acknowledgement wit a sample of d design.

Besides it generates visibility/contacts for d artist if its in public view

Hello OKX, we do appreciate you opinion as regards pasting your designs publicly, but from experience we realized most designers tend to develop and flesh up someone else's concept/Idea and make it more beautiful. So we decided to make it strictly to our designated Mail Address.

Oxygen Broadband Networks
breathe easy..

1 Like

Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by OxygenBroadBand: 2:10pm On Aug 15, 2013
spywareczar: Ok then, my entry

Waoh!, thanks for the creative but as we said in the original post, we are not asking for a logo redesign, we do have a logo already, all we need is a Graphical Illustration or Design that says to a Visitor that Oxygen Wifi is available at a particular Hotspot and you can connect to it with your WiFi device.

Could be in form of a Signage or any other form that represents the brand. Thanks

breathe easy..
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by spywareczar(m): 2:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
OxygenBroadBand:

Waoh!, thanks for the creative but as we said in the original post, we are not asking for a logo redesign, we do have a logo already, all we need is a Graphical Illustration or Design that says to a Visitor that Oxygen Wifi is available at a particular Hotspot and you can connect to it with your WiFi device.

Could be in form of a Signage or any other form that represents the brand. Thanks

breathe easy..
highest point of crowdsourcing mehn, i'm not participating then, angry
OxygenBroadBand:

breathe easy..
highest point of crowdsourcing mehn, i'm not participating then.
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by kombo(m): 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
My Entry!

2 Likes

Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by spywareczar(m): 4:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
Haha jst saw dis thread, @OKX so Ɣøµ na badass designer? grin https://www.nairaland.com/235170/design-logo-company-pay-10000
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by OxygenBroadBand: 10:49am On Aug 16, 2013
kombo: My Entry!

Dear Kombo, kindly send your entry to our designated mail address "Submit@oxygen.net.ng" with your name and Phone Number. Thanks
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by OKX(m): 1:43pm On Aug 16, 2013
@oxygen
ya, i get ur concern n understand.
well its ur call, besides by now d response ur getting in ur private mail should have proved or disproved my point.
normally tho, when plagiarism is a concern, u give a time frame for all d designers to work (mayb a week witout submissions) and a shorter window, say, 1 or 2 hours for submissions.
besides u call d shots n reserve d right to disqualify an entry dat u think is a copy.
just my tots, but goodluck any which way.

just dat i know some kickass designers on dis forum who wont fly wit dis arrangement.

@spyware
lol...dat was back in d day, thankfully we'v all grown.

1 Like

Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by OxygenBroadBand: 2:22pm On Aug 16, 2013
OKX: @oxygen
ya, i get ur concern n understand.
well its ur call, besides by now d response ur getting in ur private mail should have proved or disproved my point.
normally tho, when plagiarism is a concern, u give a time frame for all d designers to work (mayb a week witout submissions) and a shorter window, say, 1 or 2 hours for submissions.
besides u call d shots n reserve d right to disqualify an entry dat u think is a copy.
just my tots, but goodluck any which way.

just dat i know some kickass designers on dis forum who wont fly wit dis arrangement.

@spyware
lol...dat was back in d day, thankfully we'v all grown.

Well said OKX, thanks for the observation. On the final date when entries will be shutdown, all the deigns received will be Posted here on this forum.
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by talk2D: 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
Alright.
What size are you looking for?
Will you provide feedback? How soon after submission?
How can you guarantee your payment.
Time is valuable.
Thx

Hy

1 Like

Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by kingthreat(m): 3:41am On Aug 18, 2013
I am very interested. But kindly understand that if I do not qualify and I get to see any of my designs being used as an advert by you, I will rubbish your company on the internet that customers will be scared of using you.
Not a threat but trying to be on the defensive.

4 Likes

Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by kombo(m): 9:23am On Aug 20, 2013
5 days to go... Chai smiley
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by Excelboi(m): 2:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
3 days to go. just seeing this now, even though i dont understand what d op want precisely.
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by Excelboi(m): 2:20pm On Aug 22, 2013
And again OP, you didnt state the size and format you want. abeg be precise.
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by otumfour(m): 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
grin grin grin grin

Make I try some
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by Decryptor(m): 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
OxygenBroadBand:
All entries should be sent to submit@oxygen.net.ng on or before 25th of August 2013 with YOUR NAME and PHONE NUMBER(s)

Terms and conditions apply.

Ask any questions and we are willing to clarify. All the Best

This was announced on the 14th of August (8 days ago) and it's just making frontpage when the deadline is just 3 days away while useless posts about Beverly was trending! SMH for Nairaland!

2 Likes

Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by spywareczar(m): 3:49pm On Aug 22, 2013
Hahaha, ok, so it made frontpage, seriously
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by Okijajuju1(m): 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
Advice:: To all designers on Nairaland that may decide to participate in this challenge, I suggest you ask for clarification on the ownership and usage of these designs. Questions you should ask;

1. Does submitting designs mean that Oxygen Broadband Co. becomes the owners of such designs thus meaning that the artist waives all claims to the design when once it is submitted.

2. Would the company pay for the usage of the design that wins the competition or does the prize money cover that.

Basically, whose has the intellectual Property rights to the Logo? The Competition organizers or the artists?!

5 Likes

Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by Dizney(m): 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
Break down what you mean by hot spot,and if you need superhero comics, you can holla me, I have artworks that will not only let you "breath easy" but take your breath away.
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by arabanibaba: 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2013
okiji juju i will not stop respecting you that is a very good point from you.
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
Okija_juju: Advice:: To all designers on Nairaland that may decide to participate in this challenge, I suggest you ask for clarification on the ownership and usage of these designs. Questions you should ask;

1. Does submitting designs mean that Oxygen Broadband Co. becomes the owners of such designs thus meaning that the artist waives all claims to the design when once it is submitted.

2. Would the company pay for the usage of the design that wins the competition or does the prize money cover that.

Basically, whose has the intellectual Property rights to the Logo? The Competition organizers or the artists?!
well i guess after u get paid the prize money it becomes their own.
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by Brimmie(m): 5:42pm On Aug 22, 2013
My cousin did his I.T there Last Year and they have a very good network.

I think the 50grand is too small for a big firm like that.

For those of you asking what format.. Are you that dumb?? You first work on the Logo, then send a preview copy to them which can be in Jpeg or Png!!

If you are lucky enough to be the winner, that's when you 'll need to forward them the Raw File!!

[size=20]Use Adobe Illustrator To Get The Best Logo![/size]

Ain't doing this Kangaroo Logo tho!

What happened to Multi-Choice 1million Logo Contest??
Re: Graphics Design Contest For 50,000 Naira by seangy4konji: 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
They want to use the brains of many people..why can't you get someone desing one for you and pay d money...if you feel another upgrade is needed?get him upgrade and pay more or another person...make dem all join head and pay for one abi..naija and their hunger mentality..he is not even offering any one a permanent job..50k dat will finish on red label and croaker fish one night.mumu people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Classic Graphics Designs || Flyers, Business Card, Labels, And Lots More / 3ds Max Face Rig / Breathtaking And Amazing Hand Arts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.