Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! (19021 Views)

6 Types Of Nigerian Drivers / Nigerian Drivers Finds It Difficult To Stop At Zebra Crossings [PHOTOS] / Lagos Restricts Danfo Drivers To 8-Hrs Of Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by Immune1(m): 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2013
Do you drive in Nigeria? Here is a quick download of the various kinds of drivers to keep off whilst driving. You probably also have your fair share of experiences with these type of drivers or you might actually be one yourself but nonetheless, here is the list below.

The Danfo drivers: Without a doubt, by far the most erratic set of motorists you will find on the road. The ratio of vehicles to motorable roads in densely populated states like Lagos may be highly disproportionate; but don’t ever make the mistake of driving without adequate space (standard safety distance)between your car and these popular commercial mini-buses. These bus drivers seem to have a different kind of blood flowing through them and are dare-devils even in the face of the law or law enforcers. An example that comes to mind is along Ikorodu road, especially along the Ketu axis where these buses conveniently drive on pavements on a daily basis (especially late in the evening) like it’s no man’s business. As for the BRT lanes; these specially segregated lanes are more like testing lanes for checking their vehicles’ quick engine response to sudden acceleration.

Unannounced Learners: Every driver in Nigeria almost as a matter of necessity passes through this phase-well if you didn't quite learn on the road without the big ‘L’, thumbs up to you! The real question here is how does one really identify an unannounced learner? The first sign is the driver’s closeness to the steering; whilst jerking acceleration during traffic jams could pass as a second sign. Other signs are overly tolerant drivers and cars with too many dents on several portions of the car.

Swaying Jumbos: These drivers find it really difficult to maintain a steady drive on a straight path. It might not necessarily reflect driver inexperience because in most cases, it may be due to bad suspension systems and/or poorly aligned vehicles.

Pedal thirsty freaks: These drivers over-speed even on very tight streets and risk the lives of others in the process. The major underlying drive for such high risk behaviour is impatience; which in most cases is masked by secondary reasons like being in a hurry, enjoying driving fast and experiencing boredom. If you love your life, simply stay clear and don’t be one. Another group of drivers that naturally fall under this league of drivers are the drivers of empty full-sized trucks.

Determined Law breakers: Just of recent I witnessed a full-sized MAN truck almost falling on the road in the process of evading arrest by the Nigerian police that kept pursuing with their Toyota hilux van. These individuals will do anything possible to evade the police, FRSC or any other law enforcement personnel. Your natural instincts at this point ought to be telling you to keep off but then, you just might want to watch the whole drama unfold forgetting you need to be alive to even tell the story.

Lastly, it’s very important to note that there are dozens of disgruntled individuals manning most vehicles you find on the road. Most people have lost lives because someone had a bad day; so be very careful, sensitive and focused while driving.
http://autobaseafrica.com/5-kinds-nigerian-drivers-to-keep-off/

14 Likes

Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by wellmax(m): 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
There are also the "horn-loving" drivers. Always hooting for no just cause.

Oga at the top is what I call myself

18 Likes

Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by 2legit2qwt: 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
The women drivers lipsrsealed

Mini van drivers

School bus drivers

Drivers on prescription glasses

And the senior citizens lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by inspiredm(m): 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
Ok. wink
Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by InvertedHammer: 5:44pm On Aug 14, 2013
@Wellmax...you son of a gun!

You took the coveted position!
grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by wellmax(m): 5:44pm On Aug 14, 2013
InvertedHammer: @Wellmax...you son of a gun!

You took the coveted position!
grin grin grin

tongue tongue tongue
Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by emmanuel4758(m): 5:44pm On Aug 14, 2013
frnt page noni
Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by telim: 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2013
these is my year front page things Sha. Space booked, i will be back soon.
Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by Valiantvaliant(m): 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2013
1, 2,3,4,5... and i am supposed to be busy checking out all these signs while driving abi?

p.s: the topic should be '5 kinds of Nigerian drivers to keep-off OF'

2 Likes

Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by 80million1: 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2013
5 kind of NAIRALANDERS to keep off.

1. The '1ST TO COMMENT' babies.
2. The toddlers who use DOT to book SPACE.
3. The eeediots who QUOTE the entire OP post, ONLY to type OK.
4. Those who are quick to type END TIME, and BLAME GEJ!
It will be incomplete if i don't add...
5. OUR famous GARRI WARRIORS!

Thanks, I LOVE MY MUM (Iya Lamide), Tomorrow is her birthday..
#80million.
COPYRIGHT!

44 Likes

Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by 80million1: 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2013
Valiantvaliant: .
you again, you're not Valiant as ur username suggests,u're a coward.
Stealing space with dot. Ole
Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by YoshiMaster: 5:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
Immune#1:

Swaying Jumbos: These drivers find it really difficult to maintain a steady drive on a straight path. It might not necessarily reflect driver inexperience because in most cases, it may be due to bad suspension systems and/or poorly aligned vehicles.

These are the worst, I don't mind if you are going to drive fast, but do so in your own lane.

Nigerians hardly respect the sanctity(so to speak) of lanes.

Being in your own lane should give you a sense of security when driving by other vehicles, knowing that nobody is going to suddenly converge in on your lane.

Staying in your lane, and using your signal to get out if need be, should be enforced in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by Fazhy: 5:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
The Danfo drivers

King of the Roads.
Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by 80million1: 5:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
emmanuel4758: frnt page noni
welcome to the club

1 Like

Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by condralbede(m): 5:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
keke napep..I fear em pass oh!

1 Like

Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by Spanishmario(m): 5:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
Cars wiv dent doesn't suggest LEARNERs ooo
Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by 80million1: 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
Fazhy:

King of the Roads.
Yea, u can say that again.
Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by 80million1: 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2013
Spanishmario: R
who is this one?
Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2013
You forgot to mention the Keke Napep dudes!
I dislike them with a passion. They squeeze anywhere and everywhere.
Your side mirrors are not safe the moment you see one buzzing around your car.
And when they decide to make a quick U-turn, mehn...my heart skips! I feel the poor (vehicle, bike ) will fall over!!!

6 Likes

Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by Caracta(f): 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2013
2legit2qwt: The women drivers lipsrsealed

Mini van drivers

School bus drivers

Drivers on prescription glasses

You!!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by 80million1: 5:49pm On Aug 14, 2013
condralbede: keke napep..I fear em pass oh!
Me fear Okada pass!

1 Like

Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2013
did any body forget d tanker drivers? and those formula 1 drivers of them politicians convoy

4 Likes

Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by slinkman(m): 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2013
the armrobber drives....

d way dis guys revises there cars, u would think boko boys don land
Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by 80million1: 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2013
Valiantvaliant: 1, 2,3,4,5... and i am supposed to be busy checking out all these signs while driving abi?
I don't know what to say to this!
Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by Valiantvaliant(m): 5:51pm On Aug 14, 2013
#80million:

you again, you're not Valiant as ur username suggests,u're a coward.
Stealing space with dot. Ole
survival of the fittest bro, it isn't my fault that your phone's network is SOS
Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by 80million1: 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2013
Yungwizzzy: .
see ur life
Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by mankind80(m): 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2013
Shebi you be danfo driver @op...Y u con dey fall ur hand ere grin
Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2013
2legit2qwt: The women drivers lipsrsealed

You should hv just added Chinese people and made your stereotypical list complete undecided

2 Likes

Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by 80million1: 5:53pm On Aug 14, 2013
Valiantvaliant: survival of the fittest bro
Congratulations bro, YOU MADE IT!
Cheers!
Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by free2ryhme: 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2013
Spanishmario: R

u deserve an e-slap for this
Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by Nobody: 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2013
What abt d drivers dat are rude dey never listen to passengers. Nd all dese young boys dat carry their fathers car to do shakara nd be playing loud music.
Re: 5 Kinds Of Nigerian Drivers To Keep-0ff! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 14, 2013
#80million:

see ur life

battle of d fittest

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Toyota FV2 Futuristic Vehicle Doesn’t Use Steering Wheel / Nissan Versa 2020 Transformed To Regal / Number Plate: FRSC To Impound Vehicles Oct 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.