Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,507 members, 7,781,559 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:00 PM

Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ (24774 Views)

Mode9 Is Not The Dopest Rapper In Nigera. / M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by micki83(m): 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
jim jones:

don't i know you, homie? you work for the nairaland government, don't you? sorry man, i don't fuсks with the nairaland popo.

blessings. wink
No No No! I just wanna learn how u side-step d censor,so I can do d same and curse all I want...honest to God! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by bibiking7(m): 10:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
[size=13pt]mode is a good rapper. period. (i aint chief keef but phuck who dont like). But he should understand that there will always be underground rappers, even abroad. If he wants to keep doing music, good for him, but if na MUSIC INDUSTRY things he wants, he should visit a commercial producer.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Dopestfiend: 10:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

you are a fool - what you want? is that a song? with one yeye girl dropping the hook? rap black messiah is garbage. i have told you, post modenine's lyrics here - let me destroy his lyricism.

you are a world record holder in the fools paradise. Gabbage you call it receiving massive air play in south africa and bostwana. Sincwe you know all the modo line bring up one and destory it. Peanut sized brain wey get faulty na double wahala.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

you are a fool - what you want? is that a song? with one yeye girl dropping the hook? rap black messiah is garbage. i have told you, post modenine's lyrics here - let me destroy his lyricism.

so because fatman scoop jammed modenine means what? modenine does not have any street creds outside nigeria.
*sighs* You ask for too much. How many Nigerian rappers have street cred outside Africa? Even Eldee that has ties with Chiddybang and stayed in ATL for a while is not known there at all.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 10:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: More from Weezy, Don't hate the player Mode, hate the game.

”Even though women change/
I will always like dimes”

My reality is bigger than your dreams are,
Got ya dream girl riding in your dream car.

Married to the game,
But she broke her vows,
That is why my bars,
Are filled with broken bottles.

I tried to pay attention,
But attention paid me.

I beat the beat up,
Call it Self Defense.

Never bite the hands that feeds you,
Always watch the hands that is cooking.

Bros..It's their mother tongue..It will be relatively easier for them to rhyme with it. Just as it's easy for Olamide to rhyme in Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 10:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
timecop28:
I might just chill with you a little if you say no Nigerian rapper is good as far as you're concerned i.e. I would assume what u mean is none is better than Modenine...and even the Nine is not good enuf for you. However, we are debating based on the Nigerian standard of rap here. Currently, the best Nigerian Hip-hop artistes are Mode9, M.I and ShowdemCamp in that order.

i don't believe every nigerian rapper is good enough to do hardcore rap. however, if push comes to a shove MI is a better rapper.

Dopestfiend:
you are a world record holder in the fools paradise. Gabbage you call it receiving massive air play in south africa and bostwana. Sincwe you know all the modo line bring up one and destory it. Peanut sized brain wey get faulty na double wahala.

in the punditry of hard currency, i would be the british pound and you would be the zimbabwean dollar.....we are talking outside nigeria and this fool is mentioning zimbabwe and south africa. what do those countries know about rap? your brain is in the soles of your feet - you lose some brain power every time you stand.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:
i don't know the others but personally, i don't think anyone can spit in nigeria. MI is very good at what he does though but he's not a thorough-bred hardcore rapper.
Guy what re u sayin? Hv u heard
Mi ft xo senavoe - xo bit?
Or
Mi ft loose kaynon, kahlii, kidconnect - 4 horse men?
Or
Mi ft yung6ix - export?
Or
mi ft H.HP - superhuman?
Here is MI ft H.H.P superhuman lyrics.

Verse – H.H.P
Yo, I am like Mandela with a cape on
And chocolate killing vanilla with***her tape song***
The world is in need of a hit song
Drop more hits instead of that nate bomb
I stay strong
****And like I no know alaba mighty born alabama with a drape on***
****Akon record release lowly***
And by the time I am done I could be ball of****
I’ve tried to make a promise to my conscience
That for as long as I live, I’ll be making music that gives you people the answers
And no I am not running withthe pampers
And no, I have never even been to Kansas
And I don’t know about Atlantis but trust me
I’ve tryna conquer the atlas
M.I is on my hit list
That’s why I stay fly not to getpissed
I don’t mind if I get dissed
As long as my guard understands this

Verse – M.I
Yo, I am Saro-Wiwa as a young guy
Deeper than can be noticed with ones eye
A man of peace but never gun shy
Plus I got a sick flow , i speak fungi
My wealth is my knowledge
So when my funds dry
My head above water, soaring the**sun**sky
See even when I dumb down
I am shampooed over the rest
Head and Shoulder never tongue tied
Make music for me
I never comply
To industry rules
The way that some try
[size=15pt]And niggas gon buy what they gon buy
Few will remain when nothing’s gone by[/size]
There’s an ego
Man of the people
I stay transparent but never see through
Icon, turn lights on
A soldier for the streets, fight on
Revolution, it’s a new day
That is surely the new way
Do me, truly
Said I am super human (truly)
No matter who we be
You can do you.

MI is just the best. Mode9 shuld swalow his pride and learn 4rm him.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 11:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Meaning he is not a star, he is bigger than a star, a planet. shocked shocked shocked cheesy grin grin
Not exactly man. It's more of a rhyme than a metaphor.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Arcard(m): 11:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
mode 9 if u knw say u fit rap rap am fo yoruba no cm rap in americanize english, we love made in naija rap shikina
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 11:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

i don't believe every nigerian rapper is good enough to do hardcore rap. however, if push comes to a shove MI is a better rapper.
Lol..like he did on the CYPHER right? to drop ordinary less than 10 bars na big deal.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by jimjones: 11:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
micki83:
No No No! I just wanna learn how u side-step d censor,so I can do d same and curse all I want...honest to God! cheesy

i'm an atheist, kind sir. honest to any god just don't cut it for me. i wanna trust you aint with the government, but god knows i can't. his name is not enough. undecided
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by UyiIredia(m): 11:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
Swiftboy:
point of correction,what you want! What you need is not only shake your bumbum;you also need motivation and inspirational songs.

Nonsense. Even I know next to nothing of his inspirational tracks which inspire little. Haven't inspirational tracks like Lagimo, Nabaka or Let's Live Together come out. Don't give a rap cop-out cuz Lagimo dared to make a hit track in the alternative/rock genre.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 11:09pm On Aug 18, 2013
timecop28: Lol..like he did on the CYPHER right? to drop ordinary less than 10 bars na big deal.

like i said - MI's freestyling ability might be weak but his pen game is better than mode9's. MI has a better delivery, better flow and he's clearer on the mic.

4 Likes

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by micki83(m): 11:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
jim jones:

i'm an atheist, kind sir. honest to any god just don't cut it for me. i wanna trust you aint with the government, but god knows i can't. his name is not enough. undecided
I give up...(Make dis issue no come serious pass as e be so,lol)
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
timecop28:
Bros..It's their mother tongue..It will be relatively easier for them to rhyme with it. Just as it's easy for Olamide to rhyme in Yoruba.

Our boys also can do it.

More bars than a life sentence,
As for Swag,
I got it on a lock down...Naeto C.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by lymelyte(m): 11:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
Ok

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by lymelyte(m): 11:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
MI use to be gud but he has went commercial eversince.There are different genre of music(rnb,pop,jazz,reggae,hiphop etc) and I can categorically tell you that,all of them flourish in the western world.Each type of music have it own core fan base but in our country,the situation is different.The only type of music that flourish in niaja is gragra music grin
It has actually get to the point whereby we Nigerians call rnb and afro pop songs HIP-HOP. What a shame! angry .It is high time we start incorporating inspirational and motivational genre of music into our society.It is for our own good.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
timecop28:
Not exactly man. It's more of a rhyme than a metaphor.

This what Cassidy meant by,
blab words that rhyme
but when put together,
don't make sense.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by Slickest(m): 11:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
Mode9 is bein an slowpoke...in a land where pidgin and native languages runs d day,he braggs around with his phonetics...I'm wan win grammy? Wn jayzee neva Die...I'm wan run naija? Wen olamide is communicatin...music is al about communication...tell mode9 2 communicate 2 an average nigerian...shout out 2 vector,phenom,phyno,mi,olamide,jesse jagz,2shots...etc...dose communicating
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

like i said - MI's freestyling ability might be weak but his pen game is better than mode9's. MI has a better delivery, better flow and he's clearer on the mic.

I like as you pointed the clean on the mic point. Many underrat that factor but it is important. Yet many MCs wonder why the rap audience of Naija embraced M.I.
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 11:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
I like as you pointed the clean on the mic point. Many underrat that factor but it is important. Yet many MCs wonder why the rap audience of Naija embraced M.I.

don't mind the modestans of this thread - what do they know about rap? people who don't even know modenine's rap voice is a turn-off.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
lymelyte: MI use to be gud but he hjas went commercial eversince.There are different genre of music(rnb,pop,jazz,reggae,hiphop etc) and I can categorically tell you that,all of them flourish in the western world.Each type of music have it own core fan base but in our country,the situation is different.The only type of music that flourish in niaja is gragra music grin
It has actually get to the point whereby we Nigerians call rnb and afro pop songs HIP-HOP. What a shame! angry .It is high time we start incorporating inspirational and motivational genre of music into our society.It is for our own good.

At the end it is music. When it isn't music, it is spoken word poetry session.

Floetry are very inspirational but you get the music. In it. Mode should not change his art but bring the music into it. Make more rhymes that make sense. He should talk about topics Naija can relate to.

Look at Nobody test me, that was pointed out earlier. Look at Stylee and African Rapper #1. They are rap but sell.

Hit records are loved by everyone and related to.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 11:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

I don't know what kind of wordplay interests u o.It's very obvious ure only hating. Like the Americans do flawless wordplays always. Maybe you should start writing your own too and let's see. how about this? "Lyrics unravel, faster than bullets travel through barrels
Niggaz be diggin my styles like fossils and pterodactyls"
strong or weak too?
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by leggo: 11:33pm On Aug 18, 2013
Nigerians worship mediocrity ,thats why mode 9 can claim godfather , if i put his lyrics next to kendrick lamar's he fades.
mode 9 ko level 8 nii
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 11:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
timecop28:
I don't know what kind of wordplay interests u o.It's very obvious ure only hating. Like the Americans do flawless wordplays always. Maybe you should start writing your own too and let's see. how about this? "Lyrics unravel, faster than bullets travel through barrels
strong or weak too?

very weak.......the set-ups, the choice of words and the rhyming are flawed. do you fools pay attention to lyrics at all and the structure of the verses? have you not seen eminem's lyrics and how he intelligently put words together?
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by leggo: 11:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
timecop28:
strong or weak too?
any1 with basic education gets this..
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by leggo: 11:39pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

very weak.......the set-ups, the choice of words and the rhyming are flawed. do you fools pay attention to lyrics at all and the structure of the verses? have you not seen eminem's lyrics and how he intelligently put words together?
God bless you, eminem is to me the most gifted with the pen, his multi syllabic rhyming is in a class of its own
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 11:40pm On Aug 18, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

This what Cassidy meant by,
blab words that rhyme
but when put together,
don't make sense.
Same Cassidy that said "U wear tight clothes, but your flows aint tight to me" on the same song? or "If your flow is sick, i disinfect you/ If you're plugged in, I disinfect you"
Abeggi!
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 11:43pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

You see? those are Cannibus's lines on "Making a name for ourselves"
Now you see that you folks are only being hypocritical. smh
Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by coogar: 11:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
leggo:
God bless you, eminem is to me the most gifted with the pen, his multi syllabic rhyming is in a class of its own

i doubt modenine stans even know what multis are....

timecop28:
You see? those are Cannibus's lines on "Making a name for ourselves"
Now you see that you folks are only being hypocritical. smh

canibus has an excellent pen game - he's scientific and i feel his lyrics but no one can touch eminem's lyricism.

1 Like

Re: Mode9 Cries Out On Neglect Of His ‘type Of Rap’ by timecop28: 11:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
leggo:
any1 with basic education gets this..
Well, tell that to Canibus..The man who spit that..If na Modo talk say "N**** you're a joke, we laugh at you like hehehe" una for don comot hin head..But it's Papoose...so it's allowed..lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Hot Mixtape: Dj Spirit - Hip Hop Mix. (imole Mushin) / 2019 Soundcity MVP Awards Winners' List / Burna Boy, Tems And Rema Full 2023 NBA All-Star Game Halftime Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.