Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' (11960 Views)

Busted: The Trick Used By The Man That Claimed He Sat On Nothing At Ikeja / What The Inside Of The Planet Mars Looks Like. / Google Maps Lagos; Ikoyi And Victoria Island In Great Detail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by AjanleKoko: 3:37pm On Aug 14, 2013
I stumbled on this neat trick, from a Techcrunch article here.

Go to Google Maps in your browser, and search for this address:

Police Telephone Box
Earl's Court Rd, London, Greater London SW5 9RB, United Kingdom

When you get to the map, click on the double arrows, and you get to see something that looks like the inside of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS'. shocked

Pretty neat, huh? wink grin

Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by AjanleKoko: 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
Inside the Tardis . . . wink

Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 14, 2013
Despite your cool pretensions, you are a geek afterall! grin grin grin
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by AjanleKoko: 3:59pm On Aug 14, 2013
naijababe: Despite your cool pretensions, you are a geek afterall! grin grin grin

LOL cheesy.
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2013
naijababe: Despite your cool pretensions, you are a geek afterall! grin grin grin

a geek not a nerd
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 14, 2013
oyb:

a geek not a nerd

Ogbeni, same noni o.

2 Likes

Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by AjanleKoko: 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2013
naijababe:

Ogbeni, same noni o.

Whacannasay. I can't shout jare grin tongue
These days, being referred to as 'nerd' or 'geek' is a major compliment. The vast majority is so stoopid, it totally begs the question embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 14, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Whacannasay. I can't shout jare grin tongue
These days, being referred to as 'nerd' or 'geek' is a major compliment. The vast majority is so stoopid, it totally begs the question embarassed

Holy Moly! See my teeth for front o grin grin grin
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by birdman(m): 1:19am On Aug 15, 2013
Ajanlekoko is a dr who fan? this world is full of surprises. dear God what is next
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by AjanleKoko: 8:40am On Aug 15, 2013
birdman: Ajanlekoko is a dr who fan? this world is full of surprises. dear God what is next

I dunno about fandom.
But why the surprise? Doctor Who has been on TV since the 70s, and I've always followed the series.
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
AjanleKoko:

I dunno about fandom.
But why the surprise? Doctor Who has been on TV since the 70s, and I've always followed the series.

down memory lane with season 12 - shown in ilorin

genesis of the daleks

exterminate!

revenge of the cybermen

the ark in space

robot

The Sontaran Experiment
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by AjanleKoko: 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
^^

Tom Baker - my personal favourites, of all the Doctors.

Pyramid of Mars - that was a good one, Sutekh and the Eye of Horus wink

Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by AjanleKoko: 12:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
Opening Credits for all the shows, between 1963 and 2013 - courtesy BBC.

Who can forget that creepy music? wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1AnTi1X2QM
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
angry
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
How come this got to the front page?

1 Like

Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by DICKtator: 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
Is this thread bout the Google maps Dr Who's tardis or about y'all reminiscing bout Dr Who?

btw, Who is Dr Who that y'all are whoing about?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by Lordave: 2:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
What's happening here
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by dareyking(m): 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
What tha phuck did i jst mke frontpage such is life...as for me am Darelee on Nairalee....#Lobatan.
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by NoobSaibot1: 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
i no see anything jare grin
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 15, 2013

I cannot thank you enough for showing me this!
:
And for those of you wondering what the Bleep this topic is doing on the frontpage, Doctor Who is the greatest show on tv. Almost as great as Supernatural. And Peter Capaldi has the potential to take it to even greater heights (although Tennant remains my favourite Doctor).

1 Like

Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by alaladakosta(f): 2:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
reminds me of those old good days
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
DICKtator: Is this thread bout the Google maps Dr Who's tardis or about y'all reminiscing bout Dr Who?

btw, Who is Dr Who that y'all are whoing about?

grin grin grin grin
No offence please. Just wondering- how old are you?
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by AjanleKoko: 2:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
SimonAndal:
And for those of you wondering what the Bleep this topic is doing on the frontpage, Doctor Who is the greatest show on tv. Almost as great as Supernatural. And Peter Capaldi has the potential to take it to even greater heights (although Tennant remains my favourite Doctor).

Greatest show ever on TV, yes. wink

Almost as great as Supernatural, nonsense. Sam and Dean? You gotta be kidding me angry

Tennant is a junior doctor jare. Tom Baker is the icon of Doctor Who. His jaunty appearance, weird clothing, and his unforgettable scarf . . . too badt. All the modern day doctors look like stoned lounge lizards to me embarassed
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Almost as great as Supernatural, nonsense. Sam and Dean? You gotta be kidding me angry

Tennant is a junior doctor jare. Tom Baker is the icon of Doctor Who. His jaunty appearance, weird clothing, and his unforgettable scarf . . . too badt. All the modern day doctors look like stoned lounge lizards to me embarassed
_

Hey, don't you fucking diss SPN! It's a helluva show, and I'm a huge fan! I've written over 72 SPN fanfics.
Granted I only began watching with New Who, I don't think anybody can upstage Tennant...except, maybe, Capaldi. Matt Smith...I didn't even connect with the dude at all. Rory was more interesting than him, and he's the main character.
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by Jeezuzpick(m): 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Tom Baker indeed is the greatest Doctor Who.

The old series we watched on NTA Ilorin in my opinion beat the ones on BBC.

I find Baker's wacky appearance and acting unforgettable after thirty years!
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by DICKtator: 3:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
shollaire: No offence please. Just wondering- how old are you?

Keep Wondering- No offence taken

grin grin grin grin
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
Holly Molly!
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by LewsTherin: 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
AjanleKoko: ^^

Pyramid of Mars - that was a good one, Sutekh and the Eye of Horus wink

By far my favourite arc in the entire series. dude, I had nightmares dreaming of Sutekh! And those mummies? Help!!!!!!!

That was at least until I learned it was all based on Seth, Osiris and Horus. Feels good to grow up. grin
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by ceejayluv(m): 3:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
# Geeks only #
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by MrAnonymous: 3:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
Good Memories
Re: Google Maps Trick Shows You The Inside Of Doctor Who's 'TARDIS' by AjanleKoko: 3:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
ceejayluv: # Geeks only #

That could be true today. But back in the 70s and 80s, Doctor Who was one of the few shows from the BBC that we could see on NTA. Everybody basically watched it, just like Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Error Transfering Airtime On Glo. / Sonia Somuvie And Team Launch ECOSMART (Photos) / Google Empowers 500,000 Nigerians, Government Keen On Digital Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.