Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:37 AM

7 Types Of Men To Avoid - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Types Of Men To Avoid (3435 Views)

Shameful Photos Of Men And Women Caught Having Sexxx (photos) / Please What Causes Some Men To Stay Too Long During S*ex / Woman Unknowingly Hired Policemen As Hit-men To Kill Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 14, 2013
Sometimes we women just cannot help finding ourselves attracted to men who we know we shouldn’t pursue, the types of men to avoid at all costs. The heart wants what it wants. But our brains certainly know better. If you find yourself wondering if the guy who has caught your eye is a keeper, here is the definitive list of 7 types of men to avoid like the dating plague.

1. THE BAD BOY

At one time or another, every girl has a thing for the guy who just doesn’t play by the rules. He’s perpetually angry, acts like a tough guy and looks damn good while doing it. But the juvenile attraction to the bad boys of our youth can quickly fade when rebellion turns into recklessness. The bad boys will just break your heart... or the law. And these rebels without a clue top the list of types of men to avoid on the dating scene.

2. THE UNDERACHIEVER

You know the type. Video games, couch, raiding the refrigerator, repeat. This is the daily existence of the cute, quirky guy who you have a thing for, despite all of your girlfriends trying to convince you otherwise. If he has no hobbies, skills, or future aspirations outside of his living room, you know you’ve just encountered the attractive but exceedingly lazy underachiever.

3. THE WORKAHOLIC

Conversely, on the list of men to avoid, comes the classic workaholic. His finances are impeccable and the word "overtime" frequents his vocabulary. Sure, his bills are paid with money to spare for the weekend. But what good is having a weekend without an actual date? If his work schedule makes a social life impossible, investing hopes of being a happy couple might make you feel secondary to the job.

4. THE GUY WHO REMINDS YOU OF YOUR EX

If you find yourself comparing your current romantic interest to your previous, you’re pursuing the guy who reminds you of your ex. It’s not his fault that his uncanny physical likeness and similar taste in music resemble your past loves. In terms of dating history, sometimes girls tend to repeat the past. And if you have a physical type of guy that makes you melt, chances are you’ve developed a pattern. But try expanding your dating options to avoid having your love life stuck on repeat.

5. THE MAMA’S BOY

For many women, a tightly-knit family bond is an important asset in any relationship. But there are certain men that may be knit just a little too tightly to a woman that they’ve bonded with through the years. If he must clear all plans with mother or constantly seeks her approval above all else, you may be dealing with the mama’s boy. Sure, familial bonds are important. Just ask Norman Bates. But most mama’s boys aren’t looking for a girlfriend. They’re looking for a girl who will cook, clean and be a wonderful mother... to them. No thanks!

6. THE GUY’S GUY

Sports, card games and cold beer is on the itinerary of the average all-American man. And that’s okay! Guy’s nights are essential for every healthy relationship. While the boys are off doing the male bonding thing, we are enjoying cocktails and pedicures with the girls. There has, however, been a rare mutation of the male species where all social activities must include beer and broadcast sporting events. And if you’re not down to talk football and domestic brews 24-7, this guy’s guy might be the foul ball in your courtship.

7. THE CHEATER

It’s a sad fact of life that some men are apt to cheat on their wives and girlfriends. And avoiding the cheating type is almost impossible, unless we know of his duplicitous ways prior to pursuing a relationship. Well blame it on overwhelming emotions, hope that things will change and plain ‘n’ simple poor judgment, women are taking back cheaters for second chances. But when forgiveness soon gives way to third, fourth and fifth chances, it should become clear that cheaters won’t change. Ladies, it’s time to let him go once and for all. Send the cheater packing and save the relationship that matters most - the relationship you have with yourself!

There are honest, hard-working, socially-balanced men out there. It might take time to find them amidst the vast variety of lazy, cheating, beer-chugging, money-obsessed mama’s boys. But they’re out there. So don’t stop looking and definitely don’t settle for a man you know better to avoid. There’s good guys and there’s guys who will do you wrong.

And if you need help deciphering the difference between them, ask a girlfriend.

So tell me, girlfriends. What types of men have you been avoiding lately?
Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2013
The underachiever.... but the most recent is in the village champion category.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by greatgod2012(f): 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
Thank God I'm married!
If I haven't married before I saw this, I might not get married at all grin grin grin grin

Jokes apart, it's eye opening, but we should always remember that...............no perfect person, that is to remind us that we shouldn't expect too much or hope to marry an angel.
May God help us all.

Brb, very busy these days.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2013
^
grin grin grin
@Op, even the ten commandments, humans are still trying to obey it, talk more of you adding seven more dont's for ladies.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 14, 2013
idnoble135: ^
grin grin grin
@Op, even the ten commandments, humans are still trying to obey it, talk more of you adding seven more dont's for ladies.

LWKMD

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 14, 2013

5 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
^^^ @cc ... Your real-ness is an asset kiss
Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 14, 2013
^_^ @Cc
Nna mhen!
That means most ladies should become nun. lol... Almost no hope of getting married by following these commandments.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
Nna mhen!
That means most ladies should become nun. lol... Almost no hope of getting married by following these commandments.

Will you carry your craw craw fake arsè commot for here? angry
Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2013
My addition:

Lazy bones: and I ain't talking bout money, the gym haters, bulging guts cheesy .... the only protruding organ on a man should be his crotch and his rock hard chest.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
^
Smh.
Be polite
Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 14, 2013
greatgod2012: Thank God I'm married!
If I haven't married before I saw this, I might not get married at all grin grin grin grin

Jokes apart, it's eye opening, but we should always remember that...............no perfect person, that is to remind us that we shouldn't expect too much or hope to marry an angel.
May God help us all.

Brb, very busy these days.

Amen grin
Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 14, 2013
Smh.
Be polite

How bout you try to be polite, and stop acting like Demi god.
Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by angelTI(f): 8:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
-The mummy's boy

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 14, 2013
jidegirl12:

How bout you try to be polite, and stop acting like Demi god.
Me? Acting?
Oh! My posts seem to debunk your work? Get used to it dear. This is nairaland... And you may want to know, i did not intend to do so. My post was for humour.
So, am no demi god. You happy now?
Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by coogar: 8:38pm On Aug 14, 2013
chaircover:
8 - The sweet talker . . .The type who can sell a used car to a blind man . . .us women love hearing sweet-nothings and this one will take a woman to cloud nine and below zero in no time. Run away from this one

i don't see anything wrong in sweet-talking a woman...would you rather she's yelled at?

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by greatgod2012(f): 8:38pm On Aug 14, 2013
Heeeeeeeee
Madam CC, you no go kill me with laugh.
Again, thank God, I don marry.
Of a real, the list is never ending.

What about

The religious bigots........those who never believe in other people's religion and even in your church denomination, apart from theirs.
Tribal bigots nko........his people from the same tribe is the only real people on earth, others from other tribe are "animals" in his eyes.
Excuse givers nko.........they always give excuses for the right things they suppose to do or have done, but within them, it was intentional.

But my point is still the same, if we are all to look at all these in a man, then, it means everyone will have to have and expect all men to possess the same qualities before they can be considered marriageable.

Me and you, as well as every woman or even, everyone know him/herself very well, we all know what we can stand and what we can not, if a man can possess at least 75% of our required qualities and the remaining 25% qualities are what we think we can live with, then, I think, IMO, we are good to go. I repeat, IF WE CAN LIVE WITH IT. We all know what we can live with, I mean what can bother us and what can not.

I love this write up, because its an eye opener, from it, one can know what he can cope with and what he can't, so, its a great article that has tendency of opening eyes, but one shouldn't live in a fantansy that anyone who can be considered marriagable should be perfect, blameless and angelic.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2013

2 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2013

2 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Princesszoe: 8:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
CC cheesy you are very funny but on a serious note, you are on point. Jidegirl you need to increase your points by adding what CC had already aforementioned. I saw a post by a male nairalander which tags "20 things women should not do" and they murdered ladies on that thread. While jidegirl is here listing only 7 points. Make it up to 20 points. Include CC points too to balance out the equation.cheesy una no go tear my belle with laugh o.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
I knew several Ibo men that were #5

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by bellong: 8:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
Someone should also draw a list of women to avoid. It will be better from the female folks.

If I were to draw a list, it will be endless. grin angry

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by greatgod2012(f): 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2013
@ CC, may God help our daughters o, I have only one girl and I've been fervently praying for her and also the need for her to have the Holy Spirit as well as spirit of discernment, too many wolves in sheep's clothe and also the need for everyone to try and be the right and best partner they can be.

There's a family case before me to settle, but, hhhhmmm (story for another day) I tell you, one can't be vigilant enough when marriage is involved, but as you have rightly said, may God help our daughters.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
grin nice thread Jide,CC's village headmaster will definitely be the most annoying grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Tinkybabe(f): 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2013
Hmmm!Don't all men fall under one or more of these categories..of varying degree of course.
So Coogar,you've been sweet talking me all along angry angry angry.You've been exposed tongue tongue
May God help we ladies ooo.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by coogar: 9:40pm On Aug 14, 2013
chaircover:
There are a million things wrong with it, especially if he doesn't mean it and is only saying all that to get into her knickers lipsrsealed

i wonder how guys would get laid if they don't sweet-talk. when men get sex the subtle way, women complain. when they get it violently, women still complain.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by baby124: 9:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
The village headmaster is a no go area. In fact if you want to be miserable in this short life. ..

2 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2013
coogar:

i wonder how guys would get laid if they don't sweet-talk. when men get sex the subtle way, women complain. when they get it violently, women still complain.
females are now immune to sweet talking, most times we just let u guys believe its working but in reality its cos we want to get laid too grin. Most recent falls under diahorrea mouth. Geez!! there is virtually no embarrassing fact abt him I don't know, down to all the girls he has asked out. I run or hide when I see him coming.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by coogar: 9:53pm On Aug 14, 2013
steph7: females are now immune to sweet talking, most times we just let u guys believe its working but in reality its cos we want to get laid too grin.

i really cannot be bothered if females believe the sweet-nothings as long as i get to the promised land however, if what you say is true then it's a win-win situation.

Most recent falls under diahorrea mouth. Geez!! there is virtually no embarrassing fact abt him I don't know, down to all the girls he has asked out. I run or hide when I see him coming.

he was probably drunk when he was bursting tales.....or he calculated his escapades would get him the visa to your knickers. it sometimes work though - guys with the don juan swag always get laid!!!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 14, 2013
he was probably drunk when he was bursting tales.....or he calculated his escapades would get him the visa to your knickers. it sometimes work though - guys with the don juan swag always get laid!!!![/quote] naa!!he has a regular case of diarrohea mouth. Guys that talk too much deserve to be flogged

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Men To Avoid by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
This is hilarious!

Ok I will add one.

The I TOO FINE: this group believe they r d best thing that can ever happen to a woman.check them out with combs at d back pockets, always "forming" ajebotaish. To dress up for an outing might take them hours!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Wife Duties To Avoid With Boyfriends / Priceless:A Baby's Reaction After Tasting Avocado For The 1st Time(Photos &Video / My Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.