Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Do Parents Know If Their Children Aren't Good Looking? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Parents Know If Their Children Aren't Good Looking? (2321 Views)

Why Do Parents Borrow Money From Their Children? / Why Do Parents Send Their Kids To Boarding Schools? / Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Parents Know If Their Children Aren't Good Looking? by somegirl1: 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2013
I'm yet to come across a parent, especially a mother, who's admitted her child isn't just not "good looking" but not "gorgeous".
Some claim their children weren't beautiful as babies but have "since blossomed". This is true in some cases, however there are many not good looking or plain children, teenagers and adults around.
Do their parents know but just don't admit that their children aren't all that?
Re: Do Parents Know If Their Children Aren't Good Looking? by bellong: 7:12pm On Aug 14, 2013
What is the end result of this question?

5 Likes

Re: Do Parents Know If Their Children Aren't Good Looking? by greatgod2012(f): 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2013
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!

Come to think of it, how can I ever admit that my child, God's image and likeness isn't good looking enough.

DAMN!
Re: Do Parents Know If Their Children Aren't Good Looking? by Tinkybabe(f): 9:54pm On Aug 14, 2013
lol @op
There's a saying that "monkey no fine,im mama like am"
If a mother or parent can admit to her child's unattractiveness,just imagine what the world would do..No real mother would claim her child is unattractive.
There's a case of a woman who did though,she called her daughter UGLY.

2 Likes

Re: Do Parents Know If Their Children Aren't Good Looking? by Nobody: 4:48am On Aug 15, 2013
My grandmother said her child (my uncle) was ugly..
Now this uncle has 2 children that look like him when he was a baby lipsrsealed
God bless them!
Re: Do Parents Know If Their Children Aren't Good Looking? by Nobody: 5:49am On Aug 15, 2013
I think I'll be honest with myself but won't say it out loud, lol.
Re: Do Parents Know If Their Children Aren't Good Looking? by somegirl1: 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2013
SniperInADiaper: My grandmother said her child (my uncle) was ugly..
Now this uncle has 2 children that look like him when he was a baby lipsrsealed
God bless them!

really? your grandma is an exception. I bet he didn't look like her, hence her being able to admit to his deficiency in the looks department.

stillwater: I think I'll be honest with myself but won't say it out loud, lol.

lol.
I'd like to know if your comment still stands when you have them.
Seems some parents are genuinely blinded to the fact that their offspring aren't great looking physically.
Re: Do Parents Know If Their Children Aren't Good Looking? by tpia5: 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2013
babies generally arent "beautiful" in an adult sense.

the body proportions arent the same.

what they are is "cute" even if they're not stunningly handsome/pretty.

what their appearance shows is typically the level of care and health status- if a baby looks "off" for whatever reason, then, all things being equal, the parents have to make sure he or she is alright.

but beauty alone isnt what makes babies cute, even though some babies are goodlooking.

looking healthy is much more important.

and then, in yorubaland, you look to see who the baby resembles- beauty or lack of it is secondary.

you also check for "owo itoju" ie signs the baby is well taken care of.
Re: Do Parents Know If Their Children Aren't Good Looking? by tpia5: 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
Tinkybabe: lol @op
There's a saying that "monkey no fine,im mama like am"
If a mother or parent can admit to her child's unattractiveness,just imagine what the world would do..No real mother would claim her child is unattractive.
There's a case of a woman who did though,she called her daughter UGLY.

just because people do things, doesnt mean they dont have mental or some other issues.

1 Like

Re: Do Parents Know If Their Children Aren't Good Looking? by DuBLINGreenb(m): 10:12am On Jan 03, 2018
They know they just don't want to accept it but deep down they know

(1) (Reply)

Under Pressure / Help! What Do I Get For My Wife's 30th Birthday? / Should She End Her Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.