Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,404 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:57 PM

My Pencil Art - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / My Pencil Art (1664 Views)

Pencil Art From A Nairaland Lady / My Name Is Ibim Cookey,am 16 Years Old,plz Rate My Pencil Works / Amazing Pencil Drawing. WOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pencil Art by MClordMelky: 12:04am On Aug 15, 2013
It gives me great joy to see what I am capable of with just pencils, with just a pencil I can paint the world at large including you the reader, I do other great creative art too like oil on canvas,woodworks,molding and so many more,but am experimenting pencils. So fEed your eyes below....Melky Krativ Artz

Re: My Pencil Art by Adrenaline123(m): 12:40am On Aug 15, 2013
Nice try. Great work
Re: My Pencil Art by REMMEI(m): 12:43am On Aug 15, 2013
ART & SCIENCE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND..
Re: My Pencil Art by Onegai(f): 8:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
Not bad but a few corrections: face is too wide, lips are too narrow, particularly the bottom lip, nose too wide and there's not enough tonal contrast.

The first thing is to strike an arabesque (the general shape of the face and shadows). Then get the values right and ensure you get the shape of the eyes. Eyes identify a person. Once you get the eyes and shape of the face right, it becomes easier to ignore smaller mistakes, as the resemblance to the figure is still there. HTH www.alizarene..com

1 Like

Re: My Pencil Art by atinaewa: 8:56pm On Sep 25, 2013
@ onegai, that is a good criticism.
@remmie, just follow what onegai said about you job. Its good, ok? that is d only BUT.
Re: My Pencil Art by narmani: 9:28am On Oct 02, 2013
MC lord Melky: It gives me great joy to see what I am capable of with just pencils, with just a pencil I can paint the world at large including you the reader, I do other great creative art too like oil on canvas,woodworks,molding and so many more,but am experimenting pencils. So fEed your eyes below....Melky Krativ Artz

Nice work, but you sure can do better in terms of resemblance. I'd suggest you use grids. I use them and i get wonderful results.
Re: My Pencil Art by hakeeem: 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2013
well for rookies who havnt perfected there freehand skill, using grids is the way to go....nice work here, try using the grids and see how it goes
Re: My Pencil Art by narmani: 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
hakeeem: well for rookies who havnt perfected there freehand skill, using grids is the way to go....nice work here, try using the grids and see how it goes

rookies? Legendary artist Michaelangelo used grids for most of his drawings.
Re: My Pencil Art by Onegai(f): 6:29am On Oct 14, 2013
If you are taught by an art school who still use the old classical masters' methods, they'll teach you with grids, then eventually remove them. There's nothing wrong with grids if you KNOW the rest of the technical challenges involved in doing portraiture. That's my beef with the streetside portrait artists in Nigeria, they use grids and pictures and burnt sienna colour and all their portraits come out flat, bland and lifeless, though resemblance will be there. Art is more than just copying what you see in front of you.

1 Like

Re: My Pencil Art by narmani: 7:32pm On Oct 14, 2013
Onegai: If you are taught by an art school who still use the old classical masters' methods, they'll teach you with grids, then eventually remove them. There's nothing wrong with grids if you KNOW the rest of the technical challenges involved in doing portraiture. That's my beef with the streetside portrait artists in Nigeria, they use grids and pictures and burnt sienna colour and all their portraits come out flat, bland and lifeless, though resemblance will be there. Art is more than just copying what you see in front of you.
I really think i can learn from you o. And i dont really understand what you mean bye lifeless and flat. I do portraits with grids and i get the whole 3D look, but i don't get the whole lifeless thing. Maybe you can explain somethings to me.
Re: My Pencil Art by Onegai(f): 8:16pm On Oct 14, 2013
n_armani:
I really think i can learn from you o. And i dont really understand what you mean bye lifeless and flat. I do portraits with grids and i get the whole 3D look, but i don't get the whole lifeless thing. Maybe you can explain somethings to me.

This is the work of one of my tutors, Wallace Ejoh. Compare it, can you see how you can get a feel of the personality of the sitter? In contrast, when you look at people who rely solely on grids and nothing else, you cannot say anything about the person who got painted. As for classes, you need to take them in person.

http://www.sachsgallery.com/Album24.htm
Re: My Pencil Art by hakeeem: 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
n_armani:

rookies? Legendary artist Michaelangelo used grids for most of his drawings.
no doubt at all....my point is, it takes a lot of practice to perfect the freehand skill. so for one who hasnt, using grids will give the best result

(1) (Reply)

Santa In Naija / Best Phone Graphics Design App / VIDEO: Mark Angel Comedy – MY PET (episode 198)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.