Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,695 members, 7,805,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget (9441 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Edo Lawmakers Walk Out Commissioner For Improper Dressing - / Lagos Commissioner Quits To Join First-Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by Orikinla(m): 9:49am On Aug 15, 2013
Pastor Ben Akabueze is the Lagos Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget, is Assistant Pastor-in-charge of RCCG Lagos Province 4, and Pastor of the King’s Court Parish, Victoria Island, Lagos.

A distinguished banker, accountant, economist and administrator, he holds a first class B.Sc degree in Accounting from the University of Lagos and an Advanced Management Programme Certificate from the Lagos Business School. A Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (FCA) and a Fellow of the Institute of Credit Administrators (FICA), he has over 23 years experience in Accounting, Consulting and Banking, rising to the apex of the profession as Managing Director/Chief Executive of NAL Bank Plc (2000-2005), and Executive Director - Sterling Bank Plc from January to August 2006. He has served as Lagos State Commissioner for Economic Planning & Budget since January 2007, having first been appointed by Governor Tinubu and then re-appointed for two terms now by Governor Fashola.

Ben Akabueze is very passionate about Societal Transformation and actively participates in programmes designed to bring the desired change in his country. In this respect, he serves on the Boards of the Apostles in the Marketplace, Society for National Transformation, etc. He also pastors the Redeemed Christian Church of God – The King’s Court Parish, with a congregation consisting mainly of young professionals and business people. Ben is the recipient of several academic, professional and community service awards. He is a member of Metropolitan Club and Ikoyi Club among others and loves to play squash and to swim.

Ben is married to Ngozi Akabueze and blessed with children.

http://www.lagosstate.gov.ng/principalofficers.php?k=125&ek=22

Photo: Photo 1: (talking) Lagos State Commissioner for Economic Planning & Budget, Mr. Ben Akabueze. Centre sitting is Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State. Extreme right is UNFPA Resident Representative, Dr. Agathe Lawson. Photo2: Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State and UNFPA Resident Representative, Dr. Agathe Lawson, signing agreement.

1 Share

Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by nerodenero: 10:12am On Aug 15, 2013
People still castigate Fashola as being a bigot and tribalistic despite choosing an Igbo man as Commissioner. I think for this country to move forward, we need more of these gesture where people can be at home in any state and also being entitled to an extent benefits the real owners of the land have.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by OPCNAIRALAND: 10:17am On Aug 15, 2013
nerodenero: People still castigate Fashola as being a bigot and tribalistic despite choosing an Igbo man as Commissioner. I think for this country to move forward, we need more of these gesture where people can be at home in any state and also being entitled to an extent benefits the real owners of the land have.

Im afraid, the dam is broke and the water cannot be held back.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by Orikinla(m): 10:55am On Aug 15, 2013
[size=18pt]Let the ignorant and intellectually re-tarded Igbo tribal bigots castigating Governor Fashola show me a Yoruba man or woman among the state commissioners in all the Igbo states in Nigeria.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by redsun(m): 11:00am On Aug 15, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]Let the ignorant and intellectually re-tarded Igbo tribal bigots castigating Governor Fashola show me a Yoruba man or woman among the state commissioners in all the Igbo states in Nigeria.[/size]

Igbos are major part of the mechanism that runs lagos,they should be more involve in lagos politics.Is there any law that stops igbos from participating in lagos politics where they live?For contesting for local government councillor,chairman or rep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by bloggernaija: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2013
And this guy is one of the most powerful in the cabinet.
I can see him taking the same post under president fashola and thereafter, becoming a presidential candidate.
Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by Orikinla(m): 11:15am On Aug 15, 2013
The most challenging job in government is economic planning and budget and for the Lagos State government to give that big responsibility to an Igbo man shows great patriotism.
And an incorruptible man of God for that matter which most of the corrupt Igbo state governors will never do for anyone who is not Igbo.

I am 100% proudly Igbo and here you can read how I was welcomed by the Amuwo Odofin Local Government in support of my company's multimillion dollar IMAX Theater project in the LGA.
http://azuhamatus..com/2013/08/imax-set-to-build-first-theatre-in.html

Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by Orikinla(m): 11:16am On Aug 15, 2013
redsun:

Igbos are major part of the mechanism that runs lagos,they should be more involve in lagos politics.Is there any law that stops igbos from participating in lagos politics where they live?For contesting for local government councillor,chairman or rep.
Pastor Ben Akabueze is not a politician. And he never solicited for the post.
Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by Ogonimilitant(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2013
No woder lagos state is working. I never new It was an Igbo man behind this sucess. AC get sense walahi.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by DerideGull(m): 11:22am On Aug 15, 2013
@OP

It is very unfortunate that Yoruba bigots on this forum are ill-educated. In the 50s, Azikiwe appointed a Yoruba, Mr. Balogun, as SRG of eastern region when Yoruba bigots were busy shouting Yoruba land is for Omo.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by redsun(m): 11:28am On Aug 15, 2013
Orikinla:
Pastor Ben Akabueze is not a politician. And he never solicited for the post.

All man is a political animal,if he is not a politician e won't accept the post.The fact remains that is the igbos fundamental constitutional right to be part of lagos politics as part of the inhabitants of lagos.Unless the nigerian constitution says otherwise.
Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by Tolexander: 11:41am On Aug 15, 2013
agbameta:

That sound so bogus and generic like dede himself.... 419 gist. Opuro buruku. grin
nothing like 'like dede'.

That is one of dede's monickers if you don't know!
Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by agbameta: 11:43am On Aug 15, 2013
redsun:

All man is a political animal,if he is not a politician e won't accept the post.The fact remains that is the igbos fundamental constitutional right to be part of lagos politics as part of the inhabitants of lagos.Unless the nigerian constitution says otherwise.

You people quote this constitution crap only when it suits you, yes we all have fundamental human rights yaddy yadda, but there are equally tons of ibo people in other parts of Nigeria specifically up North, how many ibo people are part of any government over there? Why don't you go over there and demand your rights? Don't you have the same rights in Northern Nigeria? How many out of state Nigerians do they have in your government back home?

You can not force anybody to hire anybody just like the rest of Nigeria is not doing, but we are happy to keep showing that regardless of the constitution and other people's way of doing things, we are better and matured to live and see beyond your pettiness..

Btw, who hired this man? The same Tinubu many of these ingrates love to hate..

1 Like

Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by redsun(m): 12:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
agbameta:

You people quote this constitution crap only when it suits you, yes we all have fundamental human rights yaddy yadda, but there are equally tons of ibo people in other parts of Nigeria specifically up North, how many ibo people are part of any government over there? Why don't you go over there and demand your rights? Don't you have the same rights in Northern Nigeria? How many out of state Nigerians do they have in your government back home?

You can not force anybody to hire anybody just like the rest of Nigeria is not doing, but we are happy to keep showing that regardless of the constitution and other people's way of doing things, we are better and matured to live and see beyond your pettiness..

Btw, who hired this man? The same Tinubu many of these ingrates love to hate..

If the yorubas really wants to play part in igbos affairs,they should migrate to igbo lands and get involve with activities in igbo.I don't think anything stops them from doing that apart from their inability to explore around them.To navigate and conquer.Some of them will rather hold up in council houses in peckam living of the state than strive to become a millionaire somewhere in the east running their own businesses.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by DerideGull(m): 12:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
agbameta:

That sound so bogus and generic like dede himself.... 419 gist. Opuro buruku. grin

Above statement is typical of a deluded bigot and lazy student.
Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by agbameta: 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2013
redsun:

If the yorubas really wants to play part in igbos affairs,they should migrate to igbo lands and get involve with activities in igbo.

The question was, since you are in hausa land majorly just like you are in Lagos, why not go to the North and demand your rights to be part of their governing system?

Your silly constitution rant is nothing but BS until you show us the part of the constitution dictating that states must hire folks from out of state into their civil services. Don't bother because I know you can not and there is no such stipulations, it exists only in your tribal and ignorant mind.

It's even more ridiculous coming from your kind considering the fact that your own people not only have no such rights withing fellow ibo states, you fire and boot off your own ibo people out of Abia. Where was your so calld constitutional rights and fake outrage?

I don't know why you people think we are incapable of reading through your tribal BS and meaness towards your own people right there in your own land. Give your own people their rights before demanding such from other people.
Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by Pataki: 1:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
DerideGull: @OP

It is very unfortunate that Yoruba bigots on this forum are ill-educated. In the 50s, Azikiwe appointed a Yoruba, Mr. Balogun, as SRG of eastern region when Yoruba bigots were busy shouting Yoruba land is for Omo.

What is this thing saying? Respond in present tense to this statement:

Orikinla: [size=18pt]Let the ignorant and intellectually re-tarded Igbo tribal bigots castigating Governor Fashola show me a Yoruba man or woman among the state commissioners in all the Igbo states in Nigeria.[/size]

Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by owolabifunke14(f): 1:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
Is such a shame for my governor to play lip-service just to score cheap political point. Labour Party must take over Lagos State and restore our dignity.
Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by agbameta: 1:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
owolabifunke14: Is such a shame for my governor to play lip-service just to score cheap political point. Labour Party must take over Lagos State and restore our dignity.

Which one be Labour Party again? Is this a new Fuji band? grin
Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by gidson12(m): 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by redsun(m): 2:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
agbameta:

The question was, since you are in hausa land majorly just like you are in Lagos, why not go to the North and demand your rights to be part of their governing system?

Your silly constitution rant is nothing but BS until you show us the part of the constitution dictating that states must hire folks from out of state into their civil services. Don't bother because I know you can not and there is no such stipulations, it exists only in your tribal and ignorant mind.

It's even more ridiculous coming from your kind considering the fact that your own people not only have no such rights withing fellow ibo states, you fire and boot off your own ibo people out of Abia. Where was your so calld constitutional rights and fake outrage?

I don't know why you people think we are incapable of reading through your tribal BS and meaness towards your own people right there in your own land. Give your own people their rights before demanding such from other people.

You don't get it do you?You have not pointed out where the constitutions say a non indigene should not participate in the political affairs of the state he/she resides if he or she deems fit.

Just because you are too primitive to explore your surroundings does not mean everybody is the same.Igbos are in lagos because lagos was the immediate federal capital of nigeria and at the moment still the commercial capital for business.If abuja wasn't a wrong choice in terms of facilities and accessibilities i don't think more businesses will still be in lagos.

You have to live with it until nigeria splits up and you must learn to conform to the law,otherwise you will be considered a primitive outlaw.
Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by gidson12(m): 2:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by agbameta: 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
redsun:

[s]You don't get it do you?You have not pointed out where the constitutions say a non indigene should not participate in the political affairs of the state he/she resides if he or she deems fit.

Just because you are too primitive to explore your surroundings does not mean everybody is the same.Igbos are in lagos because lagos was the immediate federal capital of nigeria and at the moment still the commercial capital for business.If abuja wasn't a wrong choice in terms of facilities and accessibilities i don't think more businesses will still be in lagos.

You have to live with it until nigeria splits up and you must learn to conform to the law,otherwise you will be considered a primitive outlaw[/s]

Like I said, you have no moral consideration or authority to speak on such matters since your own ibo governments have no constitutional consedrations for your own ibo civil service workers, you get rid of them and deport them at will so start with your own backyard and quit spewing garbage and hypocrisy...

Charity begins at home. ...
Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by agbameta: 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2013
gidson12:
you must be very stvpid and the same time a slowpoke.......Solomon ogunji is which tribe.....ode

I repeat, the man is not Yoruba. Get out of here with your silly lies and attache claims.
Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by gidson12(m): 2:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by ChrisOD: 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
Azuh (Orikinla),

I am surprised at your ignorance, for someone on the news as you.

Yoruba man (Festus Adedayo) was a top govt official in Enugu under Nnamani (LONG BEFORE AN IGBO MAN BECAME ANYTHING IN LAGOS)
Anther had been in Abia (I forgot his name now) under Orji Kalu
An Edo man (Chief Tito Asekhame) was there in Imo under Ohakim
Two Yoruba (Pst. Bunmi Babs - Special Assistant, and one other) were there until the recent sack of everyone by Okorocha

Considering that fewer Yoruba live in those states than Igbos in Lagos, it is a big deal

It is not a big deal that an Igbo man is a govt official in Lagos where Igbos, according to APC are 45%

After all you are investing and trying to invest in Lagos, they claim all you do is trading. Hopefully, you seemingly brainwashed Igbos investing all your energy/money/time in Lagos won't be sorry for yourselves when you lose everything.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Pastor Who Is Lagos Commissioner For Economic Planning And Budget by omonnakoda: 2:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
omonnakoda: Why do you people lie like this? Do Ibo people not bear Ogunji
What evidence is there that this Solomon Ogunji is Yoruba.
What of Chidozie Ogunji Aba NBA Chief is he Yoruba too abeg.please let me hear word!!

http://www.nanngronline.com/section/judiciary/nba-seeks-abia-govt-partnership-to-set-up-fast-track-courts

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The National Pledge As A Song: A Celebration Of The Nigerian Spirit (Video) / Edo Speaker Drags National Assembly To Court Over Plan To Takeover Edo Assembly / Financial Crimes: Those Indicted Abroad Won’t Sneak To Nigeria – Immigration CG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.