Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,510 members, 7,770,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:49 AM

10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid (31682 Views)

10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die / 11 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid / some Cancer Causing Foods You Probably Eat Every Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
kake artist: gud to know,pls all dis conplain abt d kind of fud we shuld eat nt we shuld nt,pllSs if we avoid all dis fud wat re we goin to eat again.

my brother pls. ask him o
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by fissie4temmie: 4:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
Thanks for the news.Healthy
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by fortune1968: 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
kake artist: gud to know,pls all dis conplain abt d kind of fud we shuld eat nt we shuld nt,pllSs if we avoid all dis fud wat re we goin to eat again.
abi o. i tire for dem !
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by BrightCar: 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
ALL MOST ALL THE FOOD CONSUMPTION ARE IN THOSE CATEGORIES, SO WHAT FOOD CAN ONE EAT? FOFO, AMALA AND BITTER SOUP?
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by charybabe: 4:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
na wa oh,ok, which on com dey healthy 4 woman pikin 2 chop....e fear me
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by dom(m): 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
Thank you so much for this post. I'm a living casuality. The way alcohol makes me forget things these days is so scary. From my car keys to people's names to where i hid money away. I thank God I graduated 11years ago. Else i for no fit pass even Law 101 in U.I with the way things are now. I'm happy its reversible too. Problem now is how to go teetotal. A big problem considering my weekly liquor intake. My spirit is really bouyed by the reversibility of this selective amnesia. That should serve as the required impetus to cut down to 5 bottles a week for a start. Keep up the good Work, OP.
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by akandea(m): 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
Na wetin man pikin go come dey eat? I know say u go talk vegetable, ok and wetin
Abeg! Your message no complete so add d food we suppose eat jare. Then I go decide
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by tonygee1(m): 5:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
Afam4eva: Now i can see why my brain seemed stuffed for some time now. Bye Bye to sugar.
d same people will still tell u dat not consuming anough sugar will make u go dumb
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by apostle007(m): 5:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
I don't believe any of the propositions listed. My people, make merry and enjoy yourselves! grin
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by Ninilowo(m): 5:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
MAAAADDNNNEEESSSS.
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by ADEBAYOKS(m): 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2013
victme1: Thank u @ OP but what type of grain that has 100% fibre
but whole grain bread is not easily found
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by aaidel(m): 6:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
according to op we shouldnt eat again cos there is no way you can avoid all this
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by OLEBRUKU(m): 6:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
Atokwa m taataa...!
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by ferdsmart(m): 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
Akshow: wetin come remain for us to chop?
... Bro,Kunu
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by ferdsmart(m): 6:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
Coldfeet: Thank God G4 is not on the list! More g to ur elbow op!
.... Wt is G4?
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
Stegomiah:

3. Junk Food

A recent study has revealed that junk food can change the chemicals in the brains, thus leading to symptoms associated with depression and anxiety. Besides, foods that are high in fat can also trigger some symptoms that are similar to the signs of withdrawal when you stop consuming them.

These foods affect the production of dopamine, an important chemical that promotes happiness and an overall feeling of well-being. Moreover, dopamine also supports the cognitive function, the learning capacity, alertness, motivation and memory. This is why it is important to avoid all foods that contain excessive fat.
/

I'm kind of confused. Since I started drinking half-and-half (half cream/half milk), I've felt unusually happy for no reason; isn't that the opposite of what is supposed to happen?
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by onlyme07(m): 6:49pm On Aug 15, 2013

I tire sef,don't eat this,don't eat that. What would naturally bring once life to an end would surely do. All i know is, too much of everthing is bad. #Shikena#
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by jacklyn6(f): 6:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
You both are annoying
Stegomiah:

No one said you should not eat this kind of foods, it comes with a clause which is for your own good. Btw, you don't have to quote the whole post just to type 2 lines, it's so annoying
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by eddyddon234(m): 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
END TIME TINS.,...mtcheeeeew
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by legendmoney(m): 7:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
wetin we go chop
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by EhiGid(m): 7:19pm On Aug 15, 2013
@ OP: ABEG ABEG ABEG Make una stop all these jor! The other day na so person kom here dey yan say make we no dey drink soft-drinks(mineral) again dat day. Shey una dey mad abi?
And now this OKPIA kon dey yan say make we no chop this and dat, Na wetin una kon want make guy man wark na. D 1 wen pain me pass na say make we no dey chop fried food, MY PEOPLE, NO B FRY DEM DEY FRY GARRI?
So make we no dey chop garri again too?
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by funshint(m): 7:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
In short make we no chop again abi?! This nutritionists no go kill person lol!!!
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by joe4christ(m): 7:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
In summary, take much of rich fruits, make it a habit to eat fruits and vegetables alot and often, it's a life saver.

Shikenan!!!
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by BankuTilapia: 8:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
10 intelligence wot? Da most stupidddd heading given to a post. Utter nonsense
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by Sanboy25: 8:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
Thanks Stegomiah, nice to have you & your lists back. grin
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by Stegomiah: 9:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
Sanboy25: Thanks Stegomiah, nice to have you & your lists back. grin

You welcome dear! Lool @ me and my lists, misd ya!
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by MilesLamar(m): 9:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
haba, i say make i n0 chop diz make i n0 ch0p dt.. Na shit i go ch0p??
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by Stegomiah: 10:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
[b]I can't just help but to laugh at majority of the comments on this thread, firstly, i didn't write the post. There is a link (trusted) indicating the source, so why attack the Op?

Some do not understand simple grammar, some don't understand the differences between refined and raw sugar, trans fat, processed protein... Some do not bother to read the whole thread, cos they can't handle the truth. No one said you should not eat all this foods, but show moderacy or consume at a low rate inorder not to kill your intelligence, but as exhibited on this thread i can seee why many are hitting on the post.

But seriously guyz, the truth they say is bitter, it is what we eat that gives us diseases, sickness, kills us... Its a fact!

A word is enough for the wise, go natural; eat fruits, vegetables, drink water and other essential nutrients. Watch your diet and your consumption rate, have a good hygiene, health is wealth.

Finally, no one said you should not eat the above mentioned, afterall its your body and system, the choice is yours! Many don't know that alcohol, causes mental retardation effect on ur child, especially by pregnant women, you should not take it, it can also cause down syndrome, turner syndrome...and many other congenital abnormalities at birth.[/b]
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by Stegomiah: 10:21pm On Aug 15, 2013
ferdsmart: .... Wt is G4?

I guess its garri grin
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by benedictac(f): 10:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ha! Thank God water was not inclusive.
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by drpips1(m): 10:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
Stegomiah: When it comes to nutrition, it must be mentioned that there are all sorts of foods: some super-foods are your greatest allies against extra pounds, while others stimulate your cognitive function and improve your memory.

On the other hand, some foods are known to have a devastating effect on your brain functioning, and nutritionists advise us to consume them moderately in order to limit their negative impact. Having said that, here are the top 10 foods that kill your intelligence, slowly but surely:

1. Sugary Products

Sugar and sugary products are bad not only for your waistline, but for your brain function as well. Long-term consumption of sugar can create a wealth of neurological problems, and it can also interfere with your memory. On the other hand, sugar can also interfere with your ability to learn, this is why it is recommended to avoid pre-baked goods, sugar, corn syrup and products that are high in fructose.

2. Alcohol

Alcohol is known to harm your liver in the long run, and it also causes what is known as "brain fog". Like the name suggests, the term of brain fog refers to a feeling of mental confusion, it acts like a cloud that impacts your ability to think clearly, as well as your memory.

Have you ever noticed that you cannot remember common item names, or you cannot recall certain events or you are not sure whether they were dreams or they actually happened? This might be influenced by the high alcohol intake which impacts the balance of the brain. Fortunately, these symptoms are reversible provided that you stop consuming alcohol, or you limit your intake to one or two drinks per week.

3. Junk Food

A recent study has revealed that junk food can change the chemicals in the brains, thus leading to symptoms associated with depression and anxiety. Besides, foods that are high in fat can also trigger some symptoms that are similar to the signs of withdrawal when you stop consuming them.

These foods affect the production of dopamine, an important chemical that promotes happiness and an overall feeling of well-being. Moreover, dopamine also supports the cognitive function, the learning capacity, alertness, motivation and memory. This is why it is important to avoid all foods that contain excessive fat.

4. Fried Foods

Almost all processed foods contain chemicals, dyes, additives, artificial flavors, preservatives and such - these can affect the behavior and the cognitive functioning due to the chemical that causes hyperactivity, both in children and in adults. Fried or processed foods slowly destroy the nerve cells located in the brain. However, some oils are more dangerous than others - sunflower oil is considered to be among the most toxic ones.

5. Processed Or Pre-Cooked Foods

Just like fried foods, processed or pre-cooked foods also impact your central nervous system and they also increase the risk of developing a degenerative brain disorder later in live (such as Alzheimer's disease).

6. Very Salty Foods

Everybody knows that salty foods affect your blood pressure and they are very hard on your heart. However, as research suggests, foods that contain high amounts of salt (sodium) can affect your cognitive function and impair your ability to think. Otherwise stated, salty foods affect your intelligence!

As a matter of fact, the consumption of salty foods and nicotine have been shown to have the same effects as drugs, as they cause harsh withdrawal symptoms and cravings for salty foods.

7. Grains, Except 100% Whole Grain

All sorts of grains have an impact on your brain functioning and your overall health, except for 100% whole grain which is very rich and fiber and it is known to prevent arterial aging. If you consume regular grains, your body risks to age quicker than it is supposed to and you can also experience memory loss and brain fog. Having said that, try swapping the regular carbs for the complex carbohydrates - all you need to do is to opt for whole grain bread!

8. Processed Proteins

Proteins are the building blocks of muscles and they are very important for the proper functioning of your body. Meat is the richest source of high-quality protein, but avoid overly processed protein such as hot dogs, salami, sausages and such. Unlike the natural proteins that help your body insulate the nervous system, processed proteins do exactly the opposite. Opt for natural fish (especially tuna and salmon), dairy, walnuts and seeds as these are natural, high-quality protein sources.

9. Avoid Trans Fats At All Costs

Trans fats cause a series of problems, from heart-related issues to elevated cholesterol and obesity. However, they are bad for your brain as well, as they make your brain more sluggish, they affect your reflexes and the quality of your brain response - not to mention that they increase the risk of stroke!

Trans fats can also have other effects on your brain: if consumed for too long, they can result in a sort of brain shrinkage that is somewhat similar to the shrinkage caused by Alzheimer's disease. This brain shrinkage takes place due to the fact that trans fats slowly damage the arteries - you can prevent this and lower the stroke risk by simply limiting your intake of trans fats.

10. Artificial Sweeteners

When people try to lose weight, they tend to think that they will become slim overnight by simply replacing sugar with artificial sweeteners. It is true that artificial sweeteners do contain less calories, but they can actually do more harm than good! If used for an extended period of time, artificial sweeteners can cause brain damage and interfere with your cognitive capacity, especially if you use high amounts of sweetener.

www.fitnea.com/11-intelligence-killing-foods-you-need-to-avoid/

All the aforementioned are just babies, the real intelligence killing food, are the fluorides in water and paste(if swallowed), mecury maybe not sure in vaccines, lead poisoning in waterpipes, what of Aminosweet commonly known as aspatame , these needs to be watch in diet also
Re: 10 Intelligence Killing Foods You Need To Avoid by chucky234(m): 3:36am On Aug 16, 2013
E be like say people need to go for hunger strike to make all these scientist and researchers slow down, very soon dem still ban garri.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How do you make your noodles? (picture) / Which Nigerian Food Would You Confidently Offer A Foreigner? (pics) / 4 Foods That Shouldn’t Be Kept In The Refrigerator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.