Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Why Do Men Lie? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Lie? (3161 Views)

Six Things Men Lie Mostly About / Why Do Men Lie To Their Girlfriends / Why Do Men Lie? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Mystique(f): 3:04pm On Nov 21, 2006
You know, some guys are just compulsive liars, doesnt mean they dont love you, undecided
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by iice(f): 3:52pm On Nov 21, 2006
ghengis:

I should say here sha that i DONT lie, i just exaggerate a little cheesy
LMAO grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2006
Does keeping silent about an event/ocurrence count as Lying? If so, then i'm guilty. I would rather NOT let a girl know something, than lie to her about it. I am a very bad liar and they always catch me out, so i dont bother lying. If they ask, i wd probably tell.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Radiant(f): 10:42pm On Dec 18, 2006
Awwwwww. . . . wish they were more like you Grid grin
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by wanks(m): 6:34pm On Dec 19, 2006
U should even be glad the lies he told u weren;t scandalous. Plus u,ve got to show him much love and confort since it can be seen from his lies that he suffers frfom the fact that his mom had him while in secondary schul. Got a friend too who suffers a lot from the same issue. But tell me, u girls are experts and pro,s and this game of lies telling, where do u girls get ur inspiration from? Movies, Friends, ur Mothers or Money?
Would really like to know for it would mean a lot to many guys smiley
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by iice(f): 6:52am On Dec 20, 2006
Gridlock:

Does keeping silent about an event/ocurrence count as Lying? If so, then i'm guilty. I would rather NOT let a girl know something, than lie to her about it. I am a very bad liar and they always catch me out, so i don't bother lying. If they ask, i wd probably tell.

That's still lying though by omission and it only bothers me if its something huge, if its lil things i can live without knowing.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Iskwew(f): 12:25am On Jul 05, 2007
I agree with kimba. The thing to remember is that we ALL lie. My husband did start out with some lies, ones that really did not need to be lied about. I just stayed my time, and within a few months he said he had to come clean cuz he realized he did love me and want me forever. For over two+ years now he has always told the truth, a couple times when he started not to, he corrected himself. He has shown me he is an honest man. It's when they DON'T want to be honest that they need to be kicked to the curb. Girl, if u r looking for am an who never lies, you'll be looking a long time. IMHO
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by minto(m): 1:31am On Jul 06, 2007
just back from work fagged out, no time to read all the 'turenchi' above but wanted to answer the simple question    Just because ladies hates the truth.good night.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by cecipopula(f): 8:53am On Jul 06, 2007
They lied cos they think is the best thing to do to a lady. my dear i believe he loves u and he want to chang for good, that's y he's telling u the truth, cos if u should find out urself is going to be a disaster. what do u think?
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by luxoire(f): 10:18am On Jul 06, 2007
PPL LIE because THEY CAN, its called[b] FREE WILL[/b], if he's ur Fiancee then he should be ashamed of himself for having let things gone this far and not still have told u the truth.

I say, be more concerned about WHY he lied than the fact that he lied. If u love enough to want to commit urself to him, then try and understand why he did it, that might heal the rift and help u rebuild ur trust in him before decing to commit the rest of ur life to him. If he had no reason to lie and he just did it, THEN THE REAL QUESTION IS, DO YOU HAVE THE HEART TO LIVE WITH SUCH A MAN?>
i admire women with tremendous strength (or stupidity-depending how u ook at it) that are able to live with the knowledge that their husbands and partners are flirts and mini-gigolos, yet they accept it as part of them and live with it, even having their children, as long as he respects her, provides for his family and is responsible, those women can deal with his issues!
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by adegeorge(m): 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2007
personally i would love all ladies to know this. most guys will agree with me that most ladies enjoy being lied to .its the only thing that gives them that temporal satisfaction that they all crave, temporal cos all ,women will only ride with a guy as long as the conditions are right. he lied to u basically cos he had studied the circumstance at that point in time and the best balm to suit u will be to lie to u which he did. and lest i 4get, i knew while he was 'teeling all those lies' u where really falling in love with him d more. so u see when there was a change in condition later he had to say something to perfectly suit the condition. i would not want u sistas to castigate us guys cos of one or two lies we say .we brothers can tell the gospel truth especially to the chic we love. but most of u girls prefer to hear those sweet and impossible things. so i think all u need to do is call him ask him to be sincere about y he lied and if his excuses are reasonable enough pls let him be. and if u think ure not o.k with that then go on with ure life and try and get someone who is truthful. but i bet my left thumb u will neva find such a one.
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by kulaShaker(f): 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2007
@topic
they lie because they are HUMAN , just like women are Human
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 22, 2008
winkLillyfish said it all.
Hello Lil'fish! grin
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Quesera: 3:30pm On Apr 22, 2008
SWEETHEART, HE IS A LIE PERSONIFIED!

AS ONE WHO IS DATING HIM, I BELIEVE IT IS YOUR RIGHT TO KNOW WHO HE TRULLY IS, EXCEPT HE IS NOT SERIOUS ABOUT YOU.

IF HE HAS TRAVELLED OUT, HIS LIES ONLY STEPPED INTO ANOTHER LEVEL.

MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE!
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by almondjoy(f): 3:40pm On Apr 22, 2008
@Topic

Because it is second nature to men and women just love to get carried away by the lies out of stupidity, by giving the stupid men opportunities to lie! Women will see the lies and still fall for them.  Silly things!
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Aladunni(f): 3:44pm On Apr 22, 2008
"because women cant handle the truth"

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Apr 22, 2008
same reason some women lie too
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by deola1(m): 3:53pm On Apr 22, 2008
ibk u're here
i've been waiting all night wink
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 22, 2008
all night, for what? tongue
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by 9jaboi1(m): 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2008
deola aw did u kno it was ibk i was waitin 4
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by deola1(m): 4:07pm On Apr 22, 2008
for u girl tongue
what was the name of the last thread we were flirting?
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 22, 2008
flirting? i don't know  lipsrsealed grin

Nigeria boi:

deola aw did u kno it was ibk i was waitin 4
no you weren't  tonguelipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by deola1(m): 4:14pm On Apr 22, 2008
no nn ibk, talk to me am ur man tongue
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 22, 2008
deola1:

no nn ibk, talk to me am your man tongue
oh really? tongue grin
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by deola1(m): 4:25pm On Apr 22, 2008
don't be shy sweetie, gimme the link to that particular thread pls
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 22, 2008
@deola
i really can't remember, why don't you check through posts smiley
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by deola1(m): 4:32pm On Apr 22, 2008
thanks for the idea sweetie, i forgot and thats why i loooooooooooo, u ; tongue
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 22, 2008
deola1:

thanks for the idea sweetie, i forgot and thats why i loooooooooooo, u ; tongue
no problem tongue
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by deola1(m): 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2008
u crazy ibk cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 22, 2008
deola1:

u crazy ibk cheesy
crazy ke? ShubiduuuBwapIbkjsbkjafkhcsvhasvdjhdvmh! Bum Diddy Bum!

Nah, i'm not crazy. tongue
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by deola1(m): 4:50pm On Apr 22, 2008
another memorable thread is about to start
Re: Why Do Men Lie? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2008
for real? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Hotttest Song For This Val? / Describe Your Ex With Any Kitchen Utensil / Women Are Far Superior To Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.