Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,483 members, 7,801,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 (21515 Views)

Amazing Tech Inventions Of 2013 / 2013. Best New Inventions / MTN Plans $1.3 Billion Upgrade For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by babsomotde(m): 1:10am On Aug 26, 2013
Great job, brother. You are better off compared to your other brothers in Boko haram. You used your brain to find cure, they used their brains to make bombs. God bless you. Amen.
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by rexibity(m): 1:53am On Aug 26, 2013
kudus tu my erstwhile dean of faculty of sciience....
"an abusite is naturally ahead"
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by kabaka1: 3:34am On Aug 26, 2013
Congrats Prof.....and kudos to u for lifting the head of our great nation, which has slowly been drowning from d sea of corruption because of of our politicians. U have shown us that there is still hope for our nation.
Prof! I toast with u 4 ur breakthrough n success. Please, keep d flag flying higher n wish u'll bring d Nobel prize back home one day
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by WhyAWhy(m): 4:02am On Aug 26, 2013
Bismarck10: I am an ABU student(not from his department anyway).This man won the VC election 2 years back and he was denied.The emir never knew God has something grand in store for him.This is a lesson for those who discriminate on the ground of anything.

The office of a VC is highly political and the administrative demands requires so much to run it well. A genius in the lab may not necessarily perform well in that office which demands alot more. It's almost synonymous to clamouring for wole Soyinka in regard to the office of the governor or president
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by WhyAWhy(m): 4:04am On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by kabaka1: 4:58am On Aug 26, 2013
WhyAWhy:

The office of a VC is highly political and the administrative demands requires so much to run it well. A genius in the lab may not necessarily perform well in that office which demands alot more. It's almost synonymous to clamouring for wole Soyinka in regard to the office of the governor or president

U're right. He probably wouldn't have achieved this breakthrough if he had won d post of VC of d school, so d politics that denied that position was in good faith ie it benefitted everybody at d end
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Chaflyje(m): 5:31am On Aug 26, 2013
Congrats sir
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by kb83(m): 6:39am On Aug 26, 2013
Congrats prof he was my project supervisor in d department,it can b delayed but cannot b denied he is a rare gem.God bless u, ur amiable wife and children 4 dis discoveries and scientific breakthrough
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by mu2sa2: 7:15am On Aug 26, 2013
Bismarck10: I am an ABU student(not from his department anyway).This man won the VC election 2 years back and he was denied.The emir never knew God has something grand in store for him.This is a lesson for those who discriminate on the ground of anything.
Look at it this way: God did not want his talent to waste that's why God denied him the VC office. These days it's lazy academics that lobby to be made VCs. Once they get the appointment they turn vicious,greedy, corrupt and say bye-bye to academic work.
If Prof Nok had been appointed VC I am pretty sure he would never have made this achievement. The lesson for all of us is that we should strive for excellence in our various endeavours rather than hanker after vanities.
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 26, 2013
What an achievenment. Hope you win the Noble prize.Best of luck Prof
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by akpomeme(m): 8:18am On Aug 26, 2013
God bless him.
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Tobetoe(m): 8:40am On Aug 26, 2013
Wow, kudos to d man, and, o,hail naija ,it is nt eashy o.. So wat are we waiting for,lets go grab d NOBEL PRICE, sharp sharp
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by vinkela(m): 8:51am On Aug 26, 2013
congrat sir. more grease to your elbow
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Amozever12: 8:55am On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by iHustle(m): 9:03am On Aug 26, 2013
"If I succeed, the Germans will call me a German and the French will call me a citizen of the world; If I fail, the Germans will call me a Jew and the French will call me a German." - Albert Einstein
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by dvee2: 9:05am On Aug 26, 2013
This man won the Nigerian academy of science merit award otherwise known as the NLNG award a couple of years ago. He won while presenting the same theme for trypanosomiasis. Kudus.
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by nomapatricks(m): 9:18am On Aug 26, 2013
We are proud of you Prof......I pray you win the nobel prize too...
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Blazeicon: 9:18am On Aug 26, 2013
All hails to prof. Nok, we awaits dr zakz research too... Lol... Proudly abusites
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by benedicton: 9:28am On Aug 26, 2013
This story was posted on the 15th of August if Im not mistaken. Why did it take 10 days to make front page?!?
Big congrats to the professor. This is the kind of stuff that makes me proud to be a Nigerian, in spite of the kind of depressing, yet objective, analyses of Nigeria by expats like James Ibor.
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by profola2be(m): 9:42am On Aug 26, 2013
Prof,I enjoyed reading this good news about you,may God continue to enrich your BRAIN,not like that useless girl wey go dash a guy a TO-TO for BBA on top say she wan win 48,000,000 naira!
And God come catch her,she no even come second!
ABU Zaria,an institution that has produced so many scholars!
God bless you!
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Analyst42: 9:54am On Aug 26, 2013
Screwface: My formal dean and lecturer.
This man is just pure genius and gifted. You only need to hear him say a word before you take a liking to him.

Professor Andrew Nok of Biochemistry,ABU Zaria. Some of those guys wey lecture you and sufer u for ur under grad days still be PHD holder and lecturer for the same faculty u dey boss now!

Inspiration you are, sir!

I admire your knowledge of Prof. Nok. He was robbed of being the vice chancellor of A.B.U after winning the election by over 90% some years back! Yet he's waxing stronger. He has helped more than 10 people (that i know) obtain international scholarships & he taught me during my MSc course work. Am so proud of him & Prof. Atawodi in the same dept. Am a proud Biochemist, am a proud BUKite & ABUsite.
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by ekolina(m): 9:59am On Aug 26, 2013
Congrat Prof........lng live d prof. Lng live ABU. Proudly an abusite
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Tinkybabe(f): 11:20am On Aug 26, 2013
This is brilliant!
Congrats Prof
This is only a step to the top
More awards await you.
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Jomark(m): 11:26am On Aug 26, 2013
Screwface: My formal dean and lecturer.
This man is just pure genius and gifted. You only need to hear him say a word before you take a liking to him.

Professor Andrew Nok of Biochemistry,ABU Zaria. Some of those guys wey lecture you and sufer u for ur under grad days still be PHD holder and lecturer for the same faculty u dey boss now!

Inspiration you are, sir!
He is a Christian and that's why he was suffered in his school days in ABU. Did they know that God had set him out for greater height? Thank God those ppl are now under him
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Jomark(m): 11:27am On Aug 26, 2013
rubii09: Nigerians and tribalism.if it was someone from the south the comments will be higher. smh
Mind you he is not one of your bloody mallams! He is a Christian and so he is a brother
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Jomark(m): 11:29am On Aug 26, 2013
Bolt2011: Congrats Prof.
Hard work always pay
I learnt he was supposed to be the VC of ABU after getting 80 percent of the votes at the senate meeting but for religious sentiments.
Kudos to a true academic icon.
Proudly Abusite!!!.... Naturally ahead
in that school, those bloody illiterate Muslim lecturers won't let any promising Christian succeed...I heard this man suffered so much in his undergrad days
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Jomark(m): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2013
Bolt2011: Congrats Prof.
Hard work always pay
I learnt he was supposed to be the VC of ABU after getting 80 percent of the votes at the senate meeting but for religious sentiments.
Kudos to a true academic icon.
Proudly Abusite!!!.... Naturally ahead
in that school, those bloody illiterate Muslim lecturers won't let any promising Christian succeed...I heard this man suffered so much in his undergrad days just cuz he was Christian
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Jomark(m): 11:40am On Aug 26, 2013
Wahala90:
Namibia's Dillish Wins Big Brother, The Chase 2013 For The Ladies!

https://www.nairaland.com/1411725/dillish-wins-big-brother-chase#17670964

Bleep you with the news.. This is for intellectuals and not for tonTo dike headed fellows
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Jomark(m): 11:40am On Aug 26, 2013
KELVIN086: while in another thread delish just won bba the case, 300,000 usd https://www.nairaland.com/1411675/delish-just-won-big-brother[url][/url]
Troll!
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Gamboh55(m): 12:27pm On Aug 26, 2013
great man indeed..graduated from biochem dept ABU last year..carried out part of my project research in his biotech lab at ABU...very simple man and humble too...
Re: Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
Light will always outshine darkness. See how the praise is pouring. I am so happy for the man and his achievements.

Gamboh55: great man indeed..graduated from biochem dept ABU last year..carried out part of my project research in his biotech lab at ABU...very simple man and humble too...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? / Nigerians Will See Blood Moon Tomorrow From 6:44pm To 9:21pm / Musk's Neuralink Shows First Brain-chip Patient Playing Online Chess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.